Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21259 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
seedord247:

I dont follow you neither do i have something to learn from a obsolete being...

Give us the links of children being neglected by their fathers....

Thats how end up being to shame by davidlan went you are out of point...

get your fact right before spitting your venom's out.... If you being used by Cheap road side hawkers, dont put the blame on 70 millions nigerians men.

Look dude, get a job. What do you want, i should call them to come an bear witness? You are carrying bitterness from one thread to the other. I am not the one responsible for your inability to think and contribute to the thread. Shift abeg if you have nothing meaningful to say. BEtter still get busy with a job and if you like follow me around. Doesnt change a thing. Try to get a life. You will be ignored. What a bitter man. hahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by lafuria1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
FXKing2012:

Women are constantly abused and children neglected by some useless men, something must be done about this. I'm thinking of lobbying for this in the house of assembly.

Why can a man marry many women but a woman cannot? Is there a law against women keeping more than one husband at a time in Nigeria? Polyandry is allowed in India; its advantage is that it makes men to sit up to their responsiblities in order not to be replaced.
yes only india but how many practice it. polyandry is too complicated and can never work. even the west havent made it an issue. the woman practicing polyandry will just become a baby making machine because every husband will demand a baby from her and the battle of who is the father begins..........

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
yes, too many nigeria women go thru too much hardship carrying the responsiblities alone while oga zooms around with his wandering 3rd leg.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
armyofone: yes, too many nigeria women go thru too much hardship carrying the responsiblities alone while oga zooms around with his wandering 3rd leg.

Gbam! See some blind injured bats pretending like they dont see this problem everyday. Abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by nollywood20: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=28pt]YES. I SUPPORT DIVORCE SETTLEMENT AND CHILD SUPPORT AFTER DIVORCE, BECAUSE IN MOST CASES OF DIVORCE IN NIGERIA, THE WIVES ARE NOT THE CAUSE. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by gentlefada(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
let it be introduce so that people can start taking family law in my school because the main reason why people dont take the course is because it is not lucrative in Nigeria
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
I support child support and not divorce settlement. Marriage is entered not for enrichment.

Both parties should get a job and work.

Some laws cant be enforced in Nigeria cos we dont have a database or even a national ID. What stops John Ade from leaving Lagos to Enugu and claim James Audu? Do you have his fingerprint or how would you know it was him convicted in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Look dude, get a job. What do you want, i should call them to come an bear witness? You are carrying bitterness from one thread to the other. I am not the one responsible for your inability to think and contribute to the thread. Shift abeg if you have nothing meaningful to say. BEtter still get busy with a job and if you like follow me around. Doesnt change a thing. Try to get a life. You will be ignored. What a bitter man. hahahaha.

Bitterness Gini?.... Lmfaoooo grin

Madam.. the bitterness is written on your face and its running thru your bloodstream. Thats why you keep on downloading it to one thread or the other.

And "YES" As a society, we have to provide for the children - they're innocent in all this.The way that works best most of the time is the way we have now.

Nobody's saying it's perfect, but we haven't come up with anything better and your also-ran solution is not an improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by aglomar: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Sure. To stem d tide of irresponsible and/or absent fathers syndrome.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
nollywood20: [size=28pt]YES. I SUPPORT DIVORCE SETTLEMENT AND CHILD SUPPORT AFTER DIVORCE, BECAUSE IN MOST CASES OF DIVORCE IN NIGERIA, THE WIVES ARE NOT THE CAUSE. [/size]

Then who's the Cause Mr?

Do you want links ?

Hope you heard about 9ice wife cheat ballon?

Pastor Chris Okotie and so many others?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Rastamann: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
How can a country where those at the seat of government are major culprits introduce such a law? Where is the technology and/or data to track down defaulters of such payments? Naija no be am!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Kzinne: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: It's a welcome idea.
For my area, there are lots of single married women with 5, 6 or even more children. Their husband have divorced/abandoned them & are not taking care of the children. If this law exist, it can help them.
But some chop-ur-money ladies ll take that up as a biz. Marry a richman & divorce after some months. Nija own go come worse pass anywhere in the world.
ur area? sure say na slum b dat
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
armyofone: ...while oga zooms around with his wandering 3rd leg.

lmfaoooooo....
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by 2good(m): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
FXKing2012: I think the divorce settlement law should be introduced in Nigeria to protect women as well as the child support law to protect children. Any civilized society ought to have such laws in place to protect women and children.

What is your take on this?

I thought you are supposed to be a born again Christian and bible is completely against divorce.
Back to the topic, I for one will not get married if there is anything like divorce settlement. I will advocate for child support because if you bring a child into this world, it is your responsibility to give the child a good future but for divorce settle to a woman, I can never subscribe to that because there are lots of gold diggers out there looking for an opportunity to nail a man down and rip him off his hard earned money especially in Nigeria where poverty rate is very high.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by blackbeau1(f): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yes.definitely,this law should be propagated but on the other hand,I fear most Nigerian women will take advantage of this law
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
This is a very improtant, sensitive and painful topic. Considering how our sisters find themselves married to neglectful men. What is it with you brothers?, Is it that hard to just be there for your spouse? is it too much to ask. I have noticed that most people just stay in marriages just because of the finance. Its just painful because we stay in a country where woman are not regarded. cry

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
We should have divorce settlements and child support laws enforced and taught more in our uneducated communities mostly. I support the motion
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why would anyone be supporting another adult who is not disabled? Both parties were adult when going into the marriage and money wasnt a consideration for them to get married

Child Support I would agree with as the children are minors who cant fend for themselves
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=14pt]Can anyone make a sensible case for why Divorce settlement should be introduced?[/size]

If a man ask you to quit your job to be a housewife then na you sabi

Child Support I agree, Divorce settlement NO

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yes to child support....4d divorce settlement...no way....1 single mistake n d babe will be weighing btw d money n 4givnes....bt wen d money z 2u much....a human would nt 4gv until she hs ha doe......dts y d rate of devorce accrdn 2 E hs risen by 70% since d introductn of dt law in US.....
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]Can anyone make a sensible case for why Divorce settlement should be introduced?[/size]

If a man ask you to quit your job to be a housewife then na you sabi

Child Support I agree, Divorce settlement NO

Dayo, how far? Have you slept well and eaten well today. Looks like you are spoiling for another 9pages of debate. grin grin wink
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Dayo, how far? Have you slept well and eaten well today. Looks like you are spoiling for another 9pages of debate. grin grin wink

Yes oo So who would bring forth the argument for divorce settlement and why should there be divorce settlement when 2 adult who are not disabled choose to separate
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by AZeD1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
Divorce settlement for what?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by thehunted(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
child support ...yeah. divorce settlement....hell noooo. Not with the gold diggers(ladies) we have in nigeria.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Yes oo So who would bring forth the argument for divorce settlement and why should there be divorce settlement when 2 adult who are not disabled choose to separate

Why not if the lady is used to a certain lifestyle which has been provided by you since you both got married. grin grin grin cheesy.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Why not if the lady is used to a certain lifestyle which has been provided by you since you both got married. grin grin grin cheesy.

Human being are supposed to live within their means if she is used to it then she should go work for it

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by sheyma: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
@op why are u fighting against a man`s race or u tired of bein a man ni , ur idea is anti-male,abegi, park well o I agree child support but to split my wealth to a woman aba biko dat talk no too correspond.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
Kzinne: ur area? sure say na slum b dat
no, it's VGC.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

What fabric? You mean the fabric that allows men to have children all over the place without being able to take care of them? Or contributing one kobo to their welfare while their mothers do all sorts to raise them? In Nigeria a man can just disappear and abandon his family, and go somewhere else to raise a new one without any repercussion. If you can skin dive, you better be ready to pay till the child is settled. Nothing wrong with this at all. After all, no one pushed you or forced you. You took that decision to be an adult and have unprotected s*ex. So as an adult, do adult things and take care of your responsibility. Surely, that is not too much to ask.
I was the one that actually clicked the first like on this your comment.This same thing you explained is similar to what the blacks in America do.They love sex too much and nobody is complaining about that but they have to be cautioned on the management of the end product which is pregnancy.If this measure was not put in place i sometimes imagine how America would have been.But my major point here is that it cannot work in Nigeria.Simply because first of all you ask yourself if Mr A Impregnates a girl in Calabar and decides to run away to Enugu and perhaps do same to another girl there and immediately after that relocates to Lagos and continues his escapade how can he be tracked down considering the unavailability of Data Base in Nigeria.In as much as America is big you cannot run away.If you do that in Chicago and run to a busy city like New York they don't need to track you down with the FBI cause they gat everything properly worked out.All they need is tracking you with your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.Anywhere you find a job in the country and you receive your paycheck be rest assured that this money will be deducted wether you are in the North,South,East or West This also apply to the divorce issue also because after Divorce the man can abscond in order not to pay allimony thats in Nigeria.So its until Nigeria get this Database management stuff fixed that is when such can be brought to the table for Legislation.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Human being are supposed to live within their means if she is used to it then she should go work for it

What if throughout your marriage she sacrificed by not working to take care of the kids, which saved a considerable amount of money. Alimony is not forever you know. I think it gives the woman some time to readjust and get settled into her new life and status. Besides most divorce settlements kind of put each couple in an equitable position at their divorce. So that each party is not taken advantage of or worse off. Like if you both owned properties and what not. It can be either the man or the woman who loses some wealth. So it is not like it is always a loss to the man. Though in a country like Nigeria, its mostly the men who are richer.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
chingyjant:
I was the one that actually clicked the first like on this your comment.This same thing you explained is similar to what the blacks in America do.They love sex too much and nobody is complaining about that but they have to be cautioned on the management of the end product which is pregnancy.If this measure was not put in place i sometimes imagine how America would have been.But my major point here is that it cannot work in Nigeria.Simply because first of all you ask yourself if Mr A Impregnates a girl in Calabar and decides to run away to Enugu and perhaps do same to another girl there and immediately after that relocates to Lagos and continues his escapade how can he be tracked down considering the unavailability of Data Base in Nigeria.In as much as America is big you cannot run away.If you do that in Chicago and run to a busy city like New York they don't need to track you down with the FBI cause they gat everything properly worked out.All they need is tracking you with your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.Anywhere you find a job in the country and you receive your paycheck be rest assured that this money will be deducted wether you are in the North,South,East or West This also apply to the divorce issue also because after Divorce the man can abscond in order not to pay allimony thats in Nigeria.So its until Nigeria get this Database management stuff fixed that is when such can be brought to the table for Legislation.

I agree with you. So many problems like crime, irresponsibility and other vices will be curbed by a database and a national number/identity assignment.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
seedord247:

madam, can you pls show us the statistic of men in Nigeria having children all over the place?

how many f Nigerians go for court weddding??

You hardly see a child in Nigeria without no father even thou his father his been killed by BOKO.

I have been seeing ya comments on family section.. All i can say for now is , You learn Negatively.

My Friend speak of what you have studied not speaking from your own enclave of understanding.If you were asking the person that you responded to his or her comment to show you statistics of men having children all over the place?I dont know the part of the country you are from but with no apology go to the southern part of Nigeria all states there inclusive its a common practice.Have'nt you heard of the word BORN THROWAY?Some after impregnating a young girl they abscond to the city in order to evade taking responsibility or is it in copious cases whereby a man has over 10 children and he does not know how they survive.The woman goes out to do menial job and when she comes back the husband beats her up and still collect the money to drink local gin with his pals like him.It is not all about fathering a child but taking care of the child i believe that is the main essence of the law though it cant work in Nigeria considering the unavailability of Data base sysytem/

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Do Men Want? / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.