Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21261 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
chingyjant:
My Friend speak of what you have studied not speaking from your own enclave of understanding.If you were asking the person that you responded to his or her comment to show you statistics of men having children all over the place?I dont know the part of the country you are from but with no apology go to the southern part of Nigeria all states there inclusive its a common practice.A situation whereby a man has over 10 children and he does not know how they survive.The women go out to do menial jobs and when the she comes back he beats her up and still collect the money to drink local gin with his pals like him.It is not all about fathering a child but taking care of the child i believe that is the main essence of the law though it cant work in Nigeria considering the unavailability of Data base sysytem/

You really shouldnt have. He tried to come out as if he actually knew what he was talking about, not trying to look like he was bringing frustration from another thread. Ended up sounding quite re*tarded. Even referring to his fellow champion who cannot argue and throws insults at every argument, as maybe being smart. Kind of shows off his mental limitation. His point however, we have not been able to really understand or discern.LOL
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by AZeD1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
chingyjant:
My Friend speak of what you have studied not speaking from your own enclave of understanding.If you were asking the person that you responded to his or her comment to show you statistics of men having children all over the place?I dont know the part of the country you are from but with no apology go to the southern part of Nigeria all states there inclusive its a common practice.Have'nt you heard of the word BORN THROWAY?Some after impregnating to young girl they abscond to the city in order to evade taking responsibility or is it in copious cases whereby a man has over 10 children and he does not know how they survive.The women go out to do menial jobs and when the she comes back he beats her up and still collect the money to drink local gin with his pals like him.It is not all about fathering a child but taking care of the child i believe that is the main essence of the law though it cant work in Nigeria considering the unavailability of Data base sysytem/
Mr Oga did the man rape the woman? If a woman has 10 kids its because she wants to have 10 kids. Stop blaming Men for the actions of women.
baby_123:
What if throughout your marriage she sacrificed by not working to take care of the kids, which saved a considerable amount of money. Alimony is not forever you know. I think it gives the woman some time to readjust and get settled into her new life and status. Besides most divorce settlements kind of put each couple in an equitable position at their divorce. So that each party is not taken advantage of or worse off. Like if you both owned properties and what not. It can be either the man or the woman who loses some wealth. So it is not like it is always a loss to the man. Though in a country like Nigeria, its mostly the men who are richer.
How do you settle a man for the emotional stress he goes through if the woman is a Nag?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
A-ZeD:

Mr Oga did the man rape the woman? If a woman has 10 kids its because she wants to have 10 kids. Stop blaming Men for the actions of women.

How do you settle a man for the emotional stress he goes through if the woman is a Nag?

Should character flaws now be the basis for being just and responsible. You once loved her and she is STILL the mother of your kids and your EX-Wife. Besides if she nags, what have you not done that you should be doing . Divorce settlement goes both ways. Its not always the man that is richer in a marriage.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
I'm all for child support and a law that is not biased towards one party. But divorce settlement? HELL NO!!! Why should I part with a percentage of my hard earned wealth? Is the lady a damn cripple? Abegi..
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by doppler777(m): 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Maybe like every other thing, Nigerian's like to leave the erring party to God and suffer in silence. But when they see their mates doing same abroad they start looking for the law. But there are no structures in place to catch a disappearing ex, and anyone can just disappear into thin air in Nigeria. Hardly any citizen records are kept to keep people in compliance. To make these laws work, so much needs to be done.
Oh yeah,just like social security #. wink
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
doppler777:
Oh yeah,just like social security #. wink

wink wink wink
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
sheyma: @op why are u fighting against a man`s race or u tired of bein a man ni , ur idea is anti-male,abegi, park well o I agree child support but to split my wealth to a woman aba biko dat talk no too correspond.

I'm not tired of being a man, I'm only tired of seeing men treating women like objects and abandoning their responsibilities as husbands and fathers.
Is asking men to be a little bit more responsible too much to ask?

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by ocelot2006(m): 7:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Why not if the lady is used to a certain lifestyle which has been provided by you since you both got married. grin grin grin cheesy.

Then let her work for it and stop being a leech.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Truckpusher(m): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Such law can't work in a country where the man in question is leaving from hand to mouth, Abi you wan cause world war 3?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
ocelot2006:

Then let her work for it and stop being a leech.

Why so bitter, because maybe she couldnt keep up with some of your character flaws or maybe you got tired of her and found something brand new. You dont think she needs to be comfortable or settled into a new life? The woman your kids will most likely spend most of their time with? Abi you have time to be cooking, changing nappies and what not. Sure you are not a spambot and have a heart pumping somewhere in your body.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
Truckpusher: Such law can't work in a country where the man in question is leaving from hand to mouth, Abi you wan cause world war 3?

Somehow i think such a system will reduce population. hahahahaha undecided
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by pictures: 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
this is very important especially for the children. Most Nigerians
just send their wives even children out of the home without
adequate financial assistance

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by AZeD1(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Why so bitter, because maybe she couldnt keep up with some of your character flaws or maybe you got tired of her and found something brand new. You dont think she needs to be comfortable or settled into a new life? The woman your kids will most likely spend most of their time with? Abi you have time to be cooking, changing nappies and what not. Sure you are not a spambot and have a heart pumping somewhere in your body.
Like most have said child support yes.... Divorce settlement Hell no
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
See these ones misplacing their priorities. The laws are there already, of course - as are many other ceremonial laws that are barely worth the paper they are printed on. It's just that everyone realises how unimportant such issues are - in comparison with more pressing issues in a third world hell-hole like Nigeria. That's why implementation would never be taken seriously in this generation, or even in the next.

You want to be like "civilised" societies with regard to divorce settlement when your country is far from civilised in the more important areas of development, economy, rule of law, working systems, basic infrastructure, human rights, etc. Oyinbo people achieved these basics first, and filled their stomachs until food started dropping from their mouths to the ground, before proceeding to 'peripheral' issues such as divorce settlement and all such secondary, and arguably unrealistic, aspects of law.

Nonetheless, the rapacious females salivating at the prospect of reaping where they did not sow (by, e.g. receiving billion-Naira settlements from politicians) are at liberty to continue dreaming. After all, not even in Hitler's totalitarian regime were citizens deprived of the right to dream.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
A-ZeD:

Like most have said child support yes.... Divorce settlement Hell no

okay, so you send her out to where? Your kids will most likely live with her where

What if she can only afford a face me i face you.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
All these dudes saying they dont support divorce settlement are only being selfish and wicked.

So many men insist on their wives being full housewives; so many men dont allow their wives to study further after marriage; women are forced to put their careers and studies on hold due to pregnancy or marriage; so many women help their husbands achieve emotional stability which helps the men perform well in the office, but when they separate/divorce the guy keeps everything while the woman leaves with nothing plus the responsibility of taking care of the kids. Now ask yourselves, is that fair?

7 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
pro01: See these ones misplacing their priorities. The laws are there already, of course - as are many other ceremonial laws that are barely worth the paper they are printed on. It's just that everyone realises how unimportant such issues are - in comparison with more pressing issues in a third world hell-hole like Nigeria. That's why implementation would never be taken seriously in this generation, or even in the next.

You want to be like "civilised" societies with regard to divorce settlement when your country is far from civilised in the more important areas of development, economy, rule of law, working systems, basic infrastructure, human rights, etc. Oyinbo people achieved these basics first, and filled their stomachs until food started dropping from their mouths to the ground, before proceeding to 'peripheral' issues such as divorce settlement and all such secondary, and arguably unrealistic, aspects of law.

Nonetheless, the rapacious females salivating at the prospect of reaping where they did not sow (by, e.g. receiving billion-Naira settlements from politicians) are at liberty to continue dreaming. After all, not even in Hitler's totalitarian regime were citizens deprived of the right to dream.

If you dont want them to reap where they did not sow. You too dont "RIP" where you did not "SEW" grin wink. You think it is an easy job for runs girls to do what they do. cheesy. Those fat, old, balding men. YUCK! embarassed
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
FXKing2012: All these dudes saying they dont support divorce settlement are only being selfish and wicked.

So many men insist on their wives being full housewives; so many men dont allow their wives to study further after marriage; women are forced to put their careers and studies on hold due to pregnancy or marriage; so many women help their husbands achieve emotional stability which helps the men perform well in the office, but when they separate/divorce the guy keeps everything while the woman leaves with nothing plus the responsibility of taking care of the kids. Now ask yourselves, is that fair?

Like "DUH!" you will think this would be easy for them to figure out. You are a good man.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
The baby mamas got the fanciest hair style and you see them at salons all the time/ doing hair, pedi and mani and facial hair removal grin.
some don't don't work, thanks to the child support and alimony even if it is 50 dollars lol.
I see them stingy ones complaining of no alimony or settlement. why worry when the same money will be spent on some opeke out there. why complain abt settlement for a woman you once loved and had a good time with undecided

the thing be say, sistahs should marry guys with head on their shoulder grin na the poor ones dey complain pass for the 'little miser' money they are giving or about to be garnished from their paycheck for their ex.

Go see how much Mr. Lanza was giving his ex wife yearly grin correct man grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
FXKing2012: All these dudes saying they dont support divorce settlement are only being selfish and wicked.

And any woman who agrees to be a full time housewife is just being lazy and should live with the consequences of her decision, Millions of women in Nigeria are working and running the home simultaneously.

All those women you see in offices, all those women You see in markets Dont they have families? No one should reward laziness.

Before the men married were they not having emotional stability to perform well?

Is it fair for someone to sit at home all day watching Nollywood while the husband slaves away and eat free food, free shelter and later say she want to split the money the husband made from his education and sweat

Let her to go and receive her salary from Nollywood and African magic she was watching while the guy slaved away

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
armyofone: The baby mamas got the fanciest hair style and you see them at salons all the time/ doing hair, pedi and mani and facial hair removal grin.
some don't don't work, thanks to the child support and alimony even if it is 50 dollars lol.
I see them stingy ones complaining of no alimony or settlement. why worry when the same money will be spent on some opeke out there. why complain abt settlement for a woman you once loved and had a good time with undecided

the thing be say, sistahs should marry guys with head on their shoulder grin na the poor ones dey complain pass for the 'little miser' money they are giving or about to be garnished from their paycheck for their ex.

Go see how much Mr. Lanza was giving his ex wife yearly grin correct man grin

Its true na. Na the opeke will chop better, while ex-wife and kids are languishing in face me i yeye you. And the guy will carry hand, pump out chest sey na big boy. Where is the sense in all that?

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu:

And any woman who agrees to be a full time housewife is just being lazy and should live with the consequences of her decision, Millions of women in Nigeria are working and running the home simultaneously.

All those women you see in offices, all those women You see in markets Dont they have families? No one should reward laziness.

Before the men married were they not having emotional stability to perform well?

Is it fair for someone to sit at home all day watching Nollywood while the husband slaves away and eat free food, free shelter and later say she want to split the money the husband made from his education and sweat

Let her to go and receive her salary from Nollywood and African magic she was watching while the guy slaved away

Not every family agrees to both people working. The woman sacrifices a lot in the way of career advancement, development and income to stay at home to protect and give their kids adequate care. How many children have been molested and abused because daddy and mummy are too concerned about money? Money is not everything especially when the kids are in their formative years. Or you would prefer your kids to know the nanny or househelp better than you?

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Its true na. Na the opeke will chop better, while ex-wife and kids are languishing in face me i yeye you. And the guy will carry hand, pump out chest sey na big boy. Where is the sense in all that?

Is the wife disabled or crippled that she cant work and provide for herself?

If her work can only provide for face me I face you, then so be it.

The work of your hand shall feed you
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by joyli: 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
Child support in naija ke , will it work? In American where such is been practice, individual has social Security number,Even if d person trys to run away , they have their way to track such person down!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Is the wife disabled or crippled that she cant work and provide for herself?

If her work can only provide for face me I face you, then so be it.

The work of your hand shall feed you

Interesting, so to spite your ex-wife you wouldnt care if your kids live in face me i face you.

Quite revealing how far you can go...

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
Aha, naija guy no dey carry last for toast and complaint. The way they complain and argue about money and women, one would think they will never have anything to do with a gal again. Give him 30days grin

baby_123:

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123: Not every family agrees to both people working. The woman sacrifices a lot in the way of career advancement and income to stay at home to protect and give their kids adequate care. How many children hace been molested and abused because daddy and m7ummy are too concerned about money?

What would a woman be doing at home not working? its pure laziness Those women in Alade, balogun market, and in various offices dont they have families

Most women that chose to be housewifes what would they be doing between the hours of 7am and 4pm when the kids are in school? Watching Nollywood, gossiping, sleeping and getting fat or doing what?

My mom worked till last year when she retired, she had 4 kids, and most times didnt even have a car, houseboy etc

Its pure laziness and no one rewards such bad behaviour

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
armyofone: Aha, naija guy no dey carry last for toast and complaint. The way they complain and argue about money and women, one would think they will never have anything to do with a gal again. Give him 30days grin

30 ke, the replacement is already buying designer bag and shoes. Driving the latest cars and waiting for the divorce to be signed before she steps out. The replacement is already there ke. you are talking about 30days. That is if the replacement has not moved into the house sef.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by PeterKbaba: 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
This Law as already been passed by Fashola in Lagos state.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
baby_123:

Interesting, so to spite your ex-wife you wouldnt care if your kids live in face me i face you.

Quite revealing how far you can go...

if she cant provide good accommodation let her give the kids to the partner who has the resources.

Having babies is not a source of income
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
Oyinbo no dey waste time grin your paycheck first grin it is in Africa that they mess and it doesn't smell.

joyli: Child support in naija ke , will it work? In American where such is been practice, individual has social Security number,Even if d person trys to run away , they have their way to track such person down!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu:

What would a woman be doing at home not working? its pure laziness Those women in Alade, balogun market, and in various offices dont they have families

Most women that chose to be housewifes what would they be doing between the hours of 7am and 4pm when the kids are in school? Watching Nollywood, gossiping, sleeping and getting fat or doing what?

My mom worked till last year when she retired, she had 4 kids, and most times didnt even have a car, houseboy etc

Its pure laziness and no one rewards such bad behaviour

Every couple is different. I personally will stay at home till my kids start school when they come. And it has already been agreed. I wont miss those years for any money in the world. Neither would i put them in the care of a stranger or my parents. I am not lazy in any way, shape or form. So because you think your wife should be a certain way, does not mean others should adopt that. It also doesnt make the woman lazy. The amount a woman sacrifices to stay home is unquantifiable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.