Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church (15259 Views)

Poll: The idea of distributing condoms in church is:

Somewhat Sensible: 28% (25 votes)
Completely Ridiculous: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Watchtower And Awake: The Most Distributed Magazines In The World / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by akara(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2008
Please let the churches preach abstinence and if you need an avenue for free condom,
go to your local health center.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by dee02(m): 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2008
To everyone saying sexual intercourse is only for married people-to that i say total gabbage and absolute bullshit!

Anyone that doesnt want to fu/ck before marriage can wait to get married before getting laid

And anyone wishing to get fu/cked should do so without taking risks

But please don't go like sexual intercourse is only for married people, believe in whatever you want to believe in and get on with life.

On d issue of condoms getting distributed in Churches, i think it is totally wrong!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by zeusty: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2008
hi all,
First of all I have to state that I'm not religious and therefor might not have a good understanding of the bible (jesus) aspiration.
Anyway, I was led to understand that one the things the bible expect from us, is that we (try to) help our fellow brothers, friend (humain being).
So I am a bit confuse, when some of us, are against the distribution of condom. I am not saying that the idea of abstinence shouldnt be the considered as the first option but I think that we should also provide the weakest mind with some other sort of protection,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by pahtahkee: 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2008
michelin89:

How stupid are you?

How can you compare an instrument of prevention to a weapon of destruction?

Soemtimes I dey wonder if una get head sef! undecided
So to you, a condom is an instrument of prevention? What are you preventing? What a silly definition you have just stated here. The analogy tpia gave could be appropriate if used in the context of: Both a condom and a gun are basic instruments of protection, which however does not fully prevent that which could happen.

So can you answer tpia's query? Rather than dance around his analogy with your snide remarks.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by deols(f): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2008
I wont be surprised if condoms are now distributed in churches since gay marriages are now conducted in churches[b][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by NurudeenA2: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2008
I believe that the church or the religious institutions should preach abstinence while the media can talk about the distribution of condoms.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by NurudeenA2: 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2008
@deol
Abi wetin you feel?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Horus(m): 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2008

Condom machine

The solution is to install Condom machines inside every Churchs in Nigeria.
When condoms are available in churchs and are successfully used by sexually active Christians they may be an effective means of preventing harmful outcomes such as HIV, STDs [sexually transmissible diseases] and pregnancy.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Chustar(m): 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2008
Why do you guys have to attack anyone who has a different view from you?
Abstinence should be preached, but the churches and pastors (or priests) need to understand that not everyone is listening. If you can't get them one way, get them another. I don't think it should be in the church, but the church should help distribute them. The supreme aim here is preventing them from getting STDs or pregrant. If you allow a person to die, even if you knew of a way to prevent it, doesn't that condemn you? If you know that condom can help prevent a guy from getting AIDS (condom is not 100% effective) but you allow him to catch it because you're preaching abstinence, that makes you an accessory to his death.
And by the way, my fellow Nigerians, if you want to counter a person's arguments, use logic not insults. If you insult someone, you're saying that because you don't have anything else to say, you're going to attack him.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2008
pahtahkee:

So to you, a condom is an instrument of prevention? What are you preventing? What a silly definition you have just stated here. The analogy tpia gave could be appropriate if used in the context of: Both a condom and a gun are basic instruments of protection, which however does not fully prevent that which could happen.

So can you answer tpia's query? Rather than dance around his analogy with your snide remarks.

tpia's analogy is stupid just like your response. When have condoms killed? Tell me! Guns are dangerous weapons and that's why you won't find them in chemists or in supermarkets. What the hell are you trying to say? That condoms are responsible for the death of some people? Stop shooting crap. Even though you don't agree on distributing it in churches, that's not enough to make stupid analogies!

If that be the case why don't you stop taking drugs? Afterall they can only cure to an extent and to make things worse, on they long going, they can cause more harm than good. Since we are in the terms of analogies, I think this is appropriate to reply tpia's supposed analogy.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by saucekid(m): 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2008
my gawd!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by mamaput(f): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2008
left to be no.
god to god state to state. w have hospitals and health centers maybe even schools but not the church
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by wise3(m): 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2008
I find the idea of abstinence UNNATURAL. The proper use of sex has obvious health benefits. It is an highly rewarding activity because it's natural to want to procreate. The idea of distributing condoms in churches is not the issue. People can buy condoms very cheaply anywhere. The issue is the message preached by Church leaders. If they preach abstinence as a means to preventing STDs/HIV then fine. I have not doubt some people can find expression for their sex energy in other creative pursuits. But those people are usually mature and don't have their emotions playing havoc with their minds. Preaching abstinence to young people can't be effective. And on the whole, probably a waste of time.

Use condoms plus understand the consequences or the risk you take by not,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by oYaTo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 02, 2008
Condoms distributed in church? no no no. Absolutely not! The church should stick to it's message of abstinence; there are other organisations, NGO's that should have that condom-distributing responsibility.

What an absurd idea!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2008
the church and Hypocrisy lipsrsealed
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by PurestBoy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2008
The poster is very very very very stupid for thinking about such things to the church of God.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2008
from michelin89 Miserable xtians!

I pity you all!

Don't pity us, pity yourself! The probability of one who abstains in contracting an STD is slim compared to someone who is sexually active in respect of the fact he/she uses a condom or not. The fact that you have your own beliefs doesn't give you the right to call anyone miserable.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2008
@ stillwater

I am not the disillusioned one! cool
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2008
I'm certainly not miserable cheesy
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Horus(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2008
Why only Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church?,what about putting bedrooms and beds in every churchs also?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2008
Are you being sarcastic again, Mr Horus?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Horus(m): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2008
stillwater:

Are you being sarcastic again, Mr Horus?
Not at all,if the church want to distribute condoms, the church want to promote fornication.Do you need comdons if you intend to have sex only withing married couples?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2008
hmmmh, true.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2008
Beds won't be a bad idea since people sleep in churches!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Daman1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2008
@poster.
Go find better thing do rather than get yourself engrossed in the thoughts of condoms distribution in churches. embarassed embarassed

@michellin,
Why dont you address the issue and stop attacking people, mind you Christians are not miserable.

@everyone.
The church already has a message and it is clear and straight enough, Do not commit adultery (Ex. 20:14) and we are not permitted to add or remove from it.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Scream(m): 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2008
The Church preach that sex is ONLY for married people, u don't want to believe, They preach Abstenance, u still do not believe, They preach Hell as a result of SINS, u don't want to hear; they preach what GOD asked them to preach , Bros u cover hear, See your life nau?! U want the Church to endose the evil you commit so that your guity conscience can relieve you, lie! lie!! tongue the truth will always hunt you! Guess what Jesus said, "my Father's House shall be a House of prayers, " not where evilm will be promoted.@least if you dont have Tv or radio where that is aired, abi u no get money to buy the thing, you neva shout! grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Ndipe(m): 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2008
May God have mercy on the poster!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Agbejonku(m): 12:32am On Mar 03, 2008
let's be realistic. condoms shouldn't be distributed in church. why should the church go against it's doctrine of no sex beofre marriage?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tpia: 1:13am On Mar 03, 2008
@michelin

How stupid are you?

How can you compare an instrument of prevention to a weapon of destruction?

Soemtimes I dey wonder if una get head sef!

So you're taking this topic seriously- even more so than the OP? 

the thread itself is tongue-in-cheek, so you're just working yourself into a fury over nothing.Its a free world- people are free to be religious if they want to, so no need to rain curses on people for what they chose to believe.

However, like I said, its a free world, which is why you yourself can curse out anyone who decides to have beliefs that are different from yours. The religion section is lively enough as it is, with various religions abusing each other over there, so nothing new about what you're saying.

check your facts and find out information on condoms and the military.

yes, condoms are an instrument of prevention, just like the pill and diaphrams.  Should churches also distribute pills, diaphragms and IUDs to the female members. Does this analogy make you feel better. Maybe churches can routinely have birth control clinics every sunday after service, for both male and female church members. Are you more comfortable with this example.

anyway, I dont consider this a serious topic. If you do, then kudos.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by coollove: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2008
Right from time the church has been preaching against sin yet people continue to sin. Does it mean that the church should preach for sin? Infact this topic is evil.

How can church distribute condom, poster did you think before posting?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by colen212: 7:53am On Mar 03, 2008
tpia, that's a lovely reply. Should be distributing guns in church as well? condom ke? God forbid o
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by oluomok(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2008
It is an evil thing to think of, since majority is aware the use of Condoms and the causes for HIV amd AIDS then they will knoe how to handle it, but not to be in the house, it will just looks as if the church is promoting the evil act, but there are ways men of God delivers those messages in the Holy spirit guided way. Thank u all. cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / How To Understand John 5:19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.