Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church (15256 Views)

Poll: The idea of distributing condoms in church is:

Somewhat Sensible: 28% (25 votes)
Completely Ridiculous: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Watchtower And Awake: The Most Distributed Magazines In The World / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 03, 2008
There is something highly suspicious of this HIV story ->

1) People want condoms to be distributed free to everyone.

2) Why don't they also distribute HIV drugs (anti-retrovirals, or whatever) free of charge?

No, the HIV drugs must be sold and money collected - even if they get governments to subsidize the drugs. Curious!!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2008
The values of most Christians today come from the humanist values of Western Europe (or, at a minimum, are heavily influenced by them). Their values do not come straight out of the Bible. " Gay / Lesbian Marriage “Consecration of Gay Bishop” Premarital sex”and Abortion .

what is right and what is wrong is determined by cultural norms and values of the West. There is always a way to prove that distribution of condom in the church is morally ethical and not a deviation from Abstenance. Just like Supporters of ordaining gays believe the Bible's social justice teachings take precedence over its view of sexuality.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by oluwdashmi(f): 10:42am On Mar 03, 2008
[color=#000099]For any pastor to preach against premarital sex and eventually distribute condom in the church, simply shows that his words are contradictory.

If such thing is done, it means fornication and adultery as condemned by the bible is been encouraged. even though people still commit sin despite sermons and teachings, should pastors now begin to preach against sin and at the same time find an avenue for people to commit sin?

don't even think of it, its against the scripture.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by obstead200(m): 11:17am On Mar 03, 2008
[b][/b]I have an idea. Maybe condoms should be distributed with a very powerful bible tract inside the packet with this message; fORNICATION WILL LEAD U TO HELL.[size=8pt][/size] this way maybe those who collect the condoms will cahnge there minds. Remember the packet of rothmans cigarrette grin grin grin cheesy.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by gbainde: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2008
the world is going to an end beware. we are making a mockery of our faith. whether you sleep around, fornicate lkie dogs, God standard is sure and he will never respect human. any church that gives condom to singles, [color=#000099]watch it , [b]hell ahead, devlil is at work [/b] [i][/i][/color]
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Horus(m): 11:44am On Mar 03, 2008
obstead200:

I have an idea. Maybe condoms should be distributed with a very powerful bible tract inside the packet with this message; fORNICATION WILL LEAD You TO HELL.this way maybe those who collect the condoms will cahnge there minds. Remember the packet of rothmans cigarrette grin grin grin cheesy.
Or maybe the condoms distributed in churches should be called Holly Condoms  grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by youngies(m): 11:55am On Mar 03, 2008
@MC Usman

You can start another thread if you wish to. You are beginning to sound very repititive just like a broken record
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by luluosas(m): 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2008
iceland, may God have mercy on you, for attempting to turn the HOLY house of God into a whoredom place. Are you a Christian at all? Do you still practice hypocrisy these days in your thinking? Do you think that distributing condom is any way going to stop the HIV/AIDS scourge? Please, read your BIBLE very well to learn about those people that take God for granted through sexual immoralilty and what befalls them.  You better repent NOW because Jesus loves you and he wants to save you. John 3:16, 1:12.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by dafidixone(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2008
Please permit this my unpopular view about the whole issues here grin
condom is a material that serve dual purpose ( Prevention  of STIs and Unwanted Pregnancies).

I think the reliogious intitutions should promote the use of the material most especially to reduce poverty caused by unwanted babies in some families.  I also think the Religious institutions should promote the use of it as a means of reducing rate of STIs among people.  And in addition to these, abstinence must be emphasised in a more realistic manner.

I alwayts think if Christ were to address this issue, it would have been that Man were not made for loaw but law for man. undecided
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2008
youngies:

@MC Usman

You are beginning to sound very repititive just like a broken record

I didn't write the article. grin grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by cecegorz(m): 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ALL
Nevertheless, the foundation of God stands sure. Let whosoever that names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by youngies(m): 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2008
I personally think that there is no sincerity of purpose here. There are some issues that needs to be reconciled.

1. It costs research, money and time to produce condoms, why give it to us free?

2. It also costs research, money and time to produce ARV drugs, why not give to us free also? (not subsidizing it)

Whoever thinks that condoms are genuinely distributed freely only to prevent STD, HIV/AIDS and unwanted pregs needs to take a more closer look. The church in its wisdom have decided to preach abstinence as against the use of condoms and some people still wants to drag her into the ignoble role of being a saucer to dish out these rubbers.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2008
As I have said, you are free to disagree with the idea of the initial poster, but don't fall into silly analogies. No one with brains would read such thing and pass by. The idea of distributing guns in churches was first of all unappropriate and uncalled for as it does not conform in anyway to the type of issue discussed. I understand you were trying to show how terrible and disrepectful the suggestion was, but you should have tried to search for some other alternatives instead of that terrible comparison you made below.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by mellow(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2008
I am just wondering what St Paul would have done in this circumstance. If abstenance

would not work why not dish out condomes? It is only a man that is alive that can

listen to a Gospel teaching.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by youngies(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2008
mellow:

I am just wondering what St Paul would have done in this circumstance. If abstenance

would not work why not dish out condomes? It is only a man that is alive that can

listen to a Gospel teaching.
[/color][color=#990000]

Your views are misplaced. Christanity is not built on trial and error, but on principle. There is no IF. . . ELSE statment
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by zheroes(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2008
Respect the house of GOD for what it is, even if the level of perversion is on the rise.
if your right eye is causing you to sin, PLUCK it out, if your d***s and p*****s will not allow you be, D I S A B L E them, if you cannot disable them or check their activities better stop professing Christianity.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by adusco(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2008
no
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by chychy(f): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2008
Why d hell wld condoms be distributed in a church?
What ever happened to the word "contradiction?"
Preach abstinence and distribute condoms?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by mekaboy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2008
Hmmm,

From distributing condoms in church, soon the pastors will start trying to stop same sex marriages in the church, so the pastors will say people can now have sex with opposite sex, married or not but not with same sex. Now have sex outside marriage will no longer be a sin but having sex with same sex will now be the problem.

Hmmmm, becareful, the Bible says in the last days, the love of many will wax cold.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by cgift(m): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2008
All these people saying that abstinence is impossible should shut up and close their eyes in shame. Their minds are debased and their flesh their gods. You are not true to yourselves at all. I think you will be happy and defend her when your 12 year old girl goes promiscous because she cant abstain. Nonsense. Teach your wards abstinence only. People still do it both males and females till they get marreid. So why deceive yourselves.

Care to stand out!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by preciousk(f): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2008
the fact is that god will never change his standard becos of any reason. distributing condom in the church is an unreasonable act and should not be encourage. if this is done in d church then why is it not also call an hotel
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tpia: 8:05pm On Mar 03, 2008
the day I go to a church and find them distributing condoms is the day I tell them to call me crazy if they ever see me there again. cool

Not to mention asking them which/whose funds they are using to purchase condoms.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by oniilale: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2008
I wonder why you think since the church preaches abstinence, the congregation don't know what condoms are. Do you think that church people are so naive and secluded from the outside world and they do not know what condoms are used for? We hear of condoms almost everyday, only a foolish irresponsible person would have unprotected sex whether church goer or not.
shocked cool

na true you talk
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by topkin(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2008
The Church will always stand for what is RIGHT even in the face of stern criticisms! It will always uphold the TRUTH no matter the level of persecutions! Whatever The Church stands for, it upholds and no event, action or vitriolic words will daunt it!! The chuch will continue to stand for what it will continue to stand for--- THE TRUTH!!! The WHOLE WORLD can decide to go crazy but TRUE CHRISTIANS will continue to be TRUE CHRISTIANS! The Church will not be a part of babarism!!! angry
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by gbeborun(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ SEUN (Administrator)
Ordinary I would have allowed this subject pass without contribution, but i'm taking an exception to this becos of SEUN, i think he has forget how he reacted when he was issued "fatwa" because of posts on islam. If you want to be Seun, i think it's not right for you to allow such threads on your site. Although it's not in the nature of Christians to issue "fatwa" but please be advised to play fair.

@ poster,
U better watch it, keep such flirthy thots to urself!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by blackracle(m): 7:17am On Mar 04, 2008
na wa 4 people o!do u want the church to contradict itself?is the church supposed to preach what u want to hear?people had better turn from their evil ways and turn to God.sex should not be promoted in church even if half of the population of the whole world can't abstain and die of AIDS.the word of GOD does not change!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by ty4real(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2008
mekaboy:

Hmmm,

From distributing condoms in church, soon the pastors will start trying to stop same sex marriages in the church, so the pastors will say people can now have sex with opposite sex, married or not but not with same sex. Now have sex outside marriage will no longer be a sin but having sex with same sex will now be the problem.

Hmmmm, becareful, the Bible says in the last days, the love of many will wax cold.

God bless you o jare! Peolpe are just looking for someone to validate what their conscience tells them is wrong!
@Poster!
I maintain my stand, what do you stand to gain if the church starts to give out condoms and I hope you will be the to champion the crusade!You dont have to bring condom into the church, at least for now that is still the place where there is a little bit of sanity going on , so dont profane it!I know, not all church are sound in doctrine and I am definitely talking about the sound ones! smiley smiley
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by ty4real(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2008
Condoms in Church! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Aye oni pe Pare men!Lawd have mercy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2008
ty4real:

Condoms in Church! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

"Westoxicated Churches", "Westoxicated Christians" Westoxicated Religion & "Westoxicated Condoms" grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by hayo(m): 11:25am On Mar 04, 2008
Every man has his/her believes and moral values are very personal to each individual. The fact that the bible expressly states that over-eating is a sin does not mean that pastors should start distributing anti-eating pills (they don't exist anyway). When God created man; he gave us free will so that we can make our own decisions and be ready to face the consequences of such. Why did God create the forbidden tree when he knew it can destroy man? Because he knew he doesn't want to control our will. The same reason he did not make a man and woman to only start having sexual feelings after marriage. He instilled the feeling right from adolescent age. So, why did we not all start having sex at 13 or 14 (Some even started earlier)? It is because we know it is wrong. The bible is explicit and clear about sex and the context in which it is supposed to be enjoyed (Marriage). But God will not force us to keep to this law, remember the principle of freewill. So, if my pastor preaches abstinence, I am free to sleep around but be ready to damn the consequences. Because of my randy nature; my pastor should not give me the option of using condoms. Let us even forget HIV and pregnancy - the two things most people use condoms to prevent. So, If I sleep with a girl, use a condom and feel there was not flesh involved; would I be so disengaged from any emotion arising from such a union? Have we not combined our spirits together regardless of the rubber? If I dump the girl, have I not been a part of her conquerors? Sleep with 10 girls with a condom, but will that confirm the fact that you are ok just cos u did not contact any STI? Churches and other religious and even just sensible human beings will continue to preach abstinence as the best. But do not worry; we understand the fact that all of us cannot control the brain between our legs (men n women inclusive).
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2008
hayo:

When God created man; he gave us free will so that we can make our own decisions

Are you refering you same sex ?

hayo:

The bible is explicit and clear about sex and the context in which it is supposed to be enjoyed (Marriage).

Yah i have read the book
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Mosque?  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist / My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.