Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church (15262 Views)

Poll: The idea of distributing condoms in church is:

Somewhat Sensible: 28% (25 votes)
Completely Ridiculous: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Watchtower And Awake: The Most Distributed Magazines In The World / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by topup: 1:36am On Aug 26, 2008
If we're going to be giving out condoms at church, we might as well give them out at the supermarket, the gym, the high schools etc. . .

There is too much emphasis on sex in Christianity these days, and it seems you can equate abstinence with a 'good' Christian, which is not the case, it says in the Bible that every sin has equal weight, whether you tell a lie or murder someone or have sex before marriage. I understand why so much emphasis is placed on abstinence because the majority of the world including Christians just do not follow it, and it is one of the easiest sins to control. You really cannot 'accidentally' have sex, you must make a decision to ignore the voice in the back of your head (assuming you have it) and then go and carry out the ded (which takes effort)!

It is the responsiblity of 'the church' to ensure that everybody goes to Heaven, I have used the term 'the church' to mean Christians or followers of Jesus Christ, your Christian friends are responsible if you don't go to Heaven and they made no attempt, so is your family (if Christian) etc,

It is all our responsibility. I believe, we could try to prevent death by HIV/AIDS or we could actually try and educate people in the way of Christ, and work at the root, it is a harder job but it has greater rewards as, we can't assume everyone who abstains from sex from any reason or anyone who does not have HIV/AIDS is going to heaven.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by mayrho(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2008
I want to believe if Jesus was around right now he would send you and that Pastor out of that church if it is any church at all. Not only are you turning the church into a market but a brothel too haba check yourself before _ _ _ _
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by magzy(f): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2008
It's not a good idea for condoms to be distributed in church, abstainance or not,  I guess discipline is the key word
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by dofag: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2008
i think the condom should be distributable anywhere in the society. the point is people are afraid of facing and talking reality.what we have seen in late times have shown us that those that ought to be chaste and holy are even the ones that are most corrupt.i even think condoms should be given to our so called pastors and overseers FIRST then the choir and then the members
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by misssexyu(f): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
u guyz wn't kill mi ,has it gotten to dis,asking y condoms should be distributed in church nd y it shldn't b distributed in church.ave got to run immediately.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MrCrackles(m): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2008
very soon dem go start to dey distribute HIV and Gono for church, crazy people!!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2008
An estimated 22 million adults and children were living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa [/b]at the end of 2007.

During that year, an estimated 1.5 million Africans died from AIDS. The epidemic has left behind some [b]11.6 million orphaned African children

Total sub-Saharan Africa  22,000,000  5.0  12,000,000  1,800,000  1,500,000  11,600,000

As of the end of December 2006 there have been 327,068 reported AIDS diagnoses in Europe. More than half of these people have already died. The 50 countries that have national HIV reporting systems had reported 806,258 HIV diagnoses by the end of 2006.

Total  25,241  -  275,570

If this means just numbers to you then just how exactly can you say you are Christ-Like? , I think the problem with people is that you do not examine the issues thoroughly you just blurt out whatever passage you see in the bible. I think I would go with Thank God say God no be man if na so this world for don see pepper.

I bet you guys are ready to say hey baba God those people no hear word na im make them die oh yes plus them no get sense to born picin wey get Aids oh because they fail to obey your commandments, question is what makes us any better, if we buy it outside the Church but not in the church is that not Hypocrisy that beats that of the Pharisees the way Usain Bolt tore world records.

Black man will always choose to pretend first, abeg who here has not used a CONDOM?

http://www.avert.org/subaadults.htm
http://www.avert.org/eurosum.htm
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by ghasmark: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked NA WAH OO! SO ANTI CHRIST WAN ENTER CHURCH? GOD FORBID IT. ABSTINANCE NA THE BEST. WHY THE EVIL REASONING. GUY TAKE TIME OOO!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by paddyman(m): 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2008
Well the Pastor is gonna preach like this: Brothers and Sisters abstinence is the best protection against aids but for all of you OLOJUKOKOROS pls see bro iceland for your set of condoms after service, i think we can only afford a week's supply for now, till next Sunday. You are all blessed in Jesus Name. Amen. Methnks that this bro iceland just wants the church to rubber stamp and approve his sexual escapades and he will then turn around and say well the church gave us condoms afterall whenever there is an issue. Be very sure that condoms are not infallible. I had remove it several times in order to have orgasm. By the way I'm married i only use it for birth control.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by sesbol(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2008
The Bible says the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom and also that wisdom is profitable to direct, further that wisdom is the principal thing among all your gettings get wisdom. The reason for the fore goings is that it is not wise to distribute CONDOMS in Churches or else we are tuning the house of prayer to the house of harlots
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Dalby(m): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2008
Let him that has not sinned cast the first stone!!!
We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory. What is wrong in distributing condoms in church?
He that is well has no need of a physician. The church congregation are humans and not saints and /or angels.
For the moralist, the married couples in church will need some form of birth control don't you think or do you advise the use of Onans method Gen 38, 4-9 undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by lysaa(f): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2008
kai, na topic be this??

iceland girl, u're tyt. . and to think of it, u actually have points. . OP! tongue
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by nico10(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2008
God have mercy on una.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by ewealths(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]
If we want sanctity in the church we may not generally distribute condom in the church but we should discuss it.
I was a campus pastor in unilag, one thing I want us to understand is, we are all human beings and we all still have emotions, am not saying we should not be spiritual but if we discuss sex in church and not necessarily attack our emotions we would do people we meet in church a world of good.
Just be sincere with yourself and I know one day we won't have to preach abstinent in church but we'll all not be in need of condom except for birth control,
If condom is distributed in church it should be for only purpose of child birth control and sex outside of wedlock should not be encourage in anyway, I believe God can make all of us control our body and be able to flee youthful lust,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 12:08am On Aug 28, 2008
lysaa:

kai, na topic be this??

iceland girl, u're tyt. . and to think of it, u actually have points. . OP! tongue
Am not a girl.Am a guy!am I really tight? grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by realcele: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
Good idea, the church has finally merged with the world before they were just bending and adjusting.
Abstinece i will say no, i thick the world will need to understand the natural means of the bosy system and try to let others fit in. Naturally man and woman have a partilar period in there life when there sexual urge is so high that is why in those days early marriage is encouraged usually before 25 but now adays it is different which make abstenace to be like word of mouth.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Dalby(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
nico10:

God have mercy on una.

A typical Nigerian response, afraid to talk religion and belief, especially if it slightly deviates from what MY PASTOR SAY.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by greatgut(f): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2008
iceland take a rethink. a church is a place where abstinence should be encouraged, what do you think?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tpia: 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
this thread still dey?

Anyway, na all kind church dey spring up for everywhere, so one church where condoms should definitely be distributed is that gay church thats advertising itself all over the place.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by dhammer(m): 1:16am On Aug 30, 2008
The unfortunate fact of the matter is that this distribution is just about the only control the church has on the sexual activity of the congregation . though i do not think this is right. Some evil at the end of it all are necessary.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by AUDIBLE(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ POSTER

SO WHAT WILL THE PASTOR PREACH?

GO AND SIN SOME MORE?
grin grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by jtkunle(m): 1:20am On Sep 02, 2008
@ Poster

I agree with you, churches should preach about condoms, they should even go as far as providing it to people who want them in order to reduce H.I.V/AIDS. Forget Abstinence, even married couples can get each other affected with the disease, the reason why it probably won't be allowed is because we Africans are too sensitive about religion, if it doesn't say so in the bible, we think it's wrong. No offense to my fellow believers - but, many churches in Africa still do things exactly the same since the white man introduced us to Christianity, forgetting that the world we live in is changing.

It's a fact that people are sexually active, even if condoms were given to the unmarried, it doesn't necessarily mean you will become sexually active, you need more than a condom to get laid.

Let's assume 2 out of 10 becomes sexually active because they are given a condom, compare that to the 22 milion (http://www.avert.org/subaadults.htm) that died of AIDS in Africa in 2007, 2.6 million living with AIDS in Nigeria alone.

Imaging how much that number can be reduced, if churches can take 2 minutes out of their offering-time-speech to educate the congregates about using a condom, I think God would be proud.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by kigali(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2008
that is the height of immoral inclination if the church which is supposed to preach moral values as a way of conveying christ like values into  people suddenly turns arround to preach nonsense in the name of preventing HIV&AIDS by the way what mkes u think it will make a difference if churchs enjoin in preaching against HIV/AIDS when the info. is every where yet the ignorants still choose to do it the raw way,ooh christ!come off it before ur brains goes wako jacko.  shocked
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by muyiserra: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2008
For the sake of God, we cant continue to live as if we are in the fouth century, the world is changing and I think we should also change with it!!!
Am a christian, before some start thinking otherwise.
What am trying to say is such laws were given two or three thousand year ago, and for christ these a new generation,
You add a lillte knowledge to what you have.
Anybody that catch my meaning should think of it Period!!!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Pepeye(f): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
Jeez! We should start giving out cigarettes,hot drinks and guns etc too that wouldn’t be a bad idea either Lmao

I wonder what peeps take churches for this days angry
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Pepeye:

Jeez! We should start giving out cigarettes,hot drinks and guns etc too that wouldn’t be a bad idea either Lmao

I wonder what peeps take churches for this days angry

Why dont you talk like someone that has brains in her skull?We are talking about things that could save lives not things that would destroy lives.Haba! Dont you think before you post?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Pepeye(f): 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
@iceland

Very magnanimous of you to correct my sarcasm

Evidently you can’t read btw the lines.

I was just being sarcastic. Aren’t you smart enough?? hmm
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Pepeye(f): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ ICELAND
awwwww didn’t realize that you were the one who asked (started) this rhetorical question in the first place
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
Pepeye:

@ ICELAND
awwwww didn’t realize that you were the one who asked (started) this rhetorical question in the first place

How would you know? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by abiabi1: 11:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
helo moderator, i posted an article on "why condoms should be shared in church" but found d article in .", skinny girls". hw come? shocked
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by abiabi1: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
D fear of God d Bible say is d beginning of Wisdom! Iwill call on d fire of God 2 consume dos calling 4 condoms 2b distributed in church.We are supposed 2b taking d church 2d world n not bringing d world in2 d church of God.I as a soldier of Christ will not sit down, fold my arms n watch d agents of darkness take over d church.I am starting a marathon fasting & prayer session to scatter d plans of these agents of darkness calling 4 condoms 2b distributed in church .I call on u my brethrens 2 join me in dis Holy War against d enemies of d Church. 10x brethren shocked cry angry
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by churchmann: 11:09am On Sep 07, 2008
i think is a good ideal for that to happen as for me pastors too can get infected and u know many pastors are shy to go in for taste so i think it should be given at all places

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / How To Understand John 5:19 / My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.