Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church (15260 Views)

Poll: The idea of distributing condoms in church is:

Somewhat Sensible: 28% (25 votes)
Completely Ridiculous: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Watchtower And Awake: The Most Distributed Magazines In The World / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2008
May kelly:

@MC Usman i don't understand this?? (sex before marriage). Do you accept?

Sex before marriage means Sex before marriage.

Fonication means having sex before marraige
Adultery means having sex out of marraige life.

Both two are condemed in Isl'am.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Maykelly(f): 11:40am On Mar 08, 2008
MC Usman:

Sex before marriage means Sex before marriage.

Fonication means having sex before marraige
Adultery means having sex out of marraige life.

Both two are condemed in Isl'am.

certainly ok.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2008
;d
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by expressor(m): 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2008
There is no reason why condoms should be distributed in church.
We have all been given what is called "free will". if you feel you need a condom, go ahead and get one.
As for distribution in churches (encouraging promiscuity), i strongly object.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by chrysler(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2008
mo gbe!(yoruba), what is dis, nairalanders pls fear God nw
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Miracle83(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2008
Freedom from sin is the best solution and not condom but if people find it difficult for lack of faith then poeple can choose the alternative which is man made solution.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Zirconia(f): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2008
Hi, I understand where you are coming from, but for a pastor to distribute condom is going against the underlying foundation of the Christian faith in relation to morality.

Preaching abstinence is not what is killing these people with HIV, it is their lack of self control and self discipline.

If they know that they will have sex with or without the pastors permission, then it would make sense for them to use a condom.

I think for a human being to follow the drive to have sex and then get inflicted with the HIV virus and then turn round to say that 'if only the pastor allowed us to use condom', I mean the person has got to be the dumbest person in the world.

Young woman keep your legs closed.

Young man strap your 'thingy' down.

If you feel that strongly for each other, get married.

If you know you want to fornicate then get off your lazy a$$ and get condom and bear the full responsibility.

There are numerous adverts on Tv promoting the use of condoms, they can't tell me they have not seen it.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by amyn(f): 10:04am On Mar 11, 2008
god 4bid i dnt tink datb shud b done in church.giv 2 caesar wt is his n 2 god wt is his.chikena
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Elgaxton(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2008
Hi All,

How una dey?

Maybe Bulletproofs should also be distributed in churches so that

those who want to become Armed- robbers, can be saved too
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by buzzgonz(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2008
By the way which condom are we distributing? i guess "golden circle" cool
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by quikengr(m): 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2008
Do muslim introduce Condom in their mosque?

then why the church?

or?
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by tonte(m): 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2008
for the sake of maintaining people alive in church i storngly recomend dat condoms should be distributed but we should not 4get dat they should also hammer hard on abstinence
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by iceland(m): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2008
tonte:

for the sake of maintaining people alive in church i storngly recomend that condoms should be distributed but we should not forget that they should also hammer hard on abstinence
You got the point!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by shawn123: 9:21am On Mar 12, 2008
@poster and all
Religion is not based on your ideas or any one's ideas. You have the holy books which tells you not to fornicate so why dont you just follow your books and stop trying to put in your ideas into how to practice. This is why you see alot of people practising thesame religion in so many different ways. If only you would just live by the books. Am not a saint, i know am probably guilty of these things like almost all of us but i would never try to influence my religion to suit my deeds, like some do? you know who? lol,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by shawn123: 9:40am On Mar 12, 2008
4Him:

I honestly agree with you here for once. Western civilization has eroded church values over the years.

This is where i wonder why dishonesty is so much a part of is'lam? When did All'ah advocate the use of condoms?
Abstinence? From the same all'ah who gave m'ohammad over 30 wives +concubines, the wife of his own nephew and several slaves captured in war? the same all'ah who grants to every mus'lim man 4 wives + muttah marriages?
Being faithful you your partners? Including slaves and women captured during war?

Did you read the hadiths at all?
Lord forgive him for he knows not what he has just said? i must say you lie alot and do not know what you say, David i think. i wonder where you get such facts from. If you have to criticise then do by doing proper reading and getting your facts right, damn some people are ignorant extrimists even worse lieing to prove a false poing.
Talking about agreeing with western civilization, constantine you mean . lol
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by DEJ01(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2008
pls i want almondjoy view on this issue lipsrsealed kiss cry shocked
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by simorny(m): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2008
should machine guns also be distributed in church in case some people there decide to be armed robbers?
[quote][/quote] the answer is no what conern a christian with an unholy things of this word ,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by simorny(m): 3:12am On Mar 13, 2008
who bring this topic self ? mr iceland or weting you call yourself i thing you need a month seriouse  delivrance from the the spirit of lust and fornication, of all the topics in the world na distributing condom in the church na him u fit brig here may God for give you ,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by henry007(m): 3:24am On Mar 13, 2008
i dont still get it though does it not contradict a few laws in d bible
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by SENATORJD(m): 8:55am On Mar 13, 2008
condom in church?
y not just bring prostitutes as well and vibrators and every other u can think of grin
church is a church and not a breeding ground for sexual activities, u need a condom? get to the pharmacist
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by fotodaddy: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2008
What does the bible say about this?? Does the bible ask for condoms to be disributed during fellowship. Lets not put our opinion into God's mouth. God is God and His ways are higher than ours. Our wisdom is foolishness to him and in this case we are displaying GROSS FOOLISHNESS.

God is a spirit and we need to be in the spirit to understand his ways.

Its sad how people toy with their futures. But then again the Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge" He who has ears let him hear.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by johnsonlaw: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2008
Hi guys,

I am totally against the idea for the following reasons:

1) It is sheer inconsistency if the Churches start doing that.
2) If you think you can not abstain, go get condom for yourself
3) The Church are to save souls not body. Your having HIV does not mean your soul is not saved and vice versa.
4) The Church, despite its failings, can not encourage immorality under any guise
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2008
SENATOR JD:

condom in church?
y not just bring prostitutes as well and vibrators and every other u can think of grin
church is a church and not a breeding ground for sexual activities, u need a condom? get to the pharmacist

LMAO
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by SisiNene1(f): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2008
I think wen God wants to destroy this world of ours He would start from the church.There is so much sin in there.YEP,YES-condoms shd be shared in there.The things that happen there,
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by Phemour: 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2008
it possible, is just for protection against pastor's split
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by MCUsman(m): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2008
Sisi Nene:

I think when God wants to destroy this world of ours He would start from the church.There is so much sin in there.

1. Ordaining Gay Bishop
2. Gay marraige
3. Child Abuse
4. Sexual Expiotasion & Abuse
5. Indecent dressing
6. Human Rituals (King)
7. 419
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by DebFergie(f): 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
Distributing condoms in church is like the church is supporting fornication and adultery.
Please do not forget that Fornication is sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other and Adultery is sexual relations outside of marriage and both are not in accordance to Bible's teachings.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by expressor(m): 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
No good reason for condoms to be distributed in churches.
Funny enough they are not distibuted in hotels and nite clubswhere they are needed in this part of the world.
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by TmeD0(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2008
MC Usman:

1. Ordaining Gay Bishop
2. Gay marraige
3. Child Abuse
4. Sexual Expiotasion & Abuse
5. Indecent dressing --> FYI, a lot of una babes be undercover ashawo pass incase you don't know
6. Human Rituals (King) --> Like say aboki no dey kill people
7. 419 --> Comes in all races, ethnic background and religion Usman

Usman dan Fodio, I'm sure the "peaceful" religion of Is Lam is so perfect! Let's see: Beheading innocent people because they don't share the same belief as you do or strapping bomb on women and children to kill innocent people in the name of Al lah. Oh, how about waging "Jihad" against your so called "Infidels" or calling for the assassination of someone that allegedly "insulted" Is Lam by posting a cartoon character of the "perfect" Moha mmed. I can go on and on Usman since you all want to digress into another topic entirely. By the way Usman, y'all are the biggest hypocrites that ever walked the face of the earth!

@ poster, I have read some of the responses to your topic and I must agree with some of the analogies that the posters made in disagreement with your suggestion of distributing condoms in the church. Since you brought this up, let me ask you one question, which I know you already know the answer but your liberal mind will not make you admit it. Here's my question and it might require a deep thought: What makes you think that distributing a condom in churches will reduce the contracting of HIV/AIDS even though it's already freely available everywhere else? Since it's available everywhere else except in the churches and that hasn't reduced the HIV/AIDS rate, you think by making it available in churches will "really" help combat the problem? Hmm, a typical SP (secular progressive movement) thinking. You know as well as I do that everything boils down to the individual exercising self-control and not a matter of religion or some pastor advocating the use of condoms or distributing them in churches. Another strategy of waging war against Christianity Mr/Ms. poster. And your lame argument that since the pastor wants to save a lot of souls for Christ should justify the distribution of condoms in churches is ludicrous. I'm sure you did get the attention you needed on this topic but I just thought I'd let you know that there are some people out there who can read between the lines and see what your type are trying to do to our society, basically, change it radically to an anything goes with no consequences attached to it. Peace!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by TmeD0(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2008
Hmm, funny how when you type Is Lam and Mo hammed(notice I separated the word), the auto correct feature on the program used in writing this thread changes it to read The great Religion and The great Prophet but when you type Christian, Christianity or Jesus Christ for that matter, it stays the same. You can try it yourself. Makes you wonder who wrote the codes for this program, don't it? That right there, tells you what's going on; their goal is to convert everyone to their religion and practice their belief or face Jihad. Sounds paranoic but it's the dying truth. People, pay attention! Peace!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by TmeD0(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sisi Nene:

I think when God wants to destroy this world of ours He would start from the church.[/b]There is so much sin in there.Y[b]EP,YES-condoms should be shared in there.The things that happen there,
(Shakes head in disbelief) One word, Kool-Aid drinker. It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. Peace!
Re: Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church by websmillio(m): 3:19am On Mar 15, 2008
Before Bringing Church in side this,
The authorities must make a Survey on
1.Find out form the AIDS patients where they got their partners?
2.Ask the girls who got unwanted pregnant
These are the places to be those stuffs issued Free.
Then make an account from the church goers, do they come to church to find partners or find God.
If you look some South American help workers,
They vist
Bars,
Joints,
Low income slumps to distribute those stuffs.
So leave church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / How To Understand John 5:19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.