Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? (22495 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Edo Girls. / 10 Reasons Some Working Class Ladies Still Have Sex For Money / Are Guys Scared To Date Pretty Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by abiL(f): 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
Shollypopz

My goodness! grin grin

You've got too much time on your hands.
...Don't you ever get bored of arguing?! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
abiL: Shollypopz

My goodness! grin grin

You've got too much time on your hands.
...Don't you ever get bored of arguing?! undecided lipsrsealed
and who is this?? undecided
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Shollypopz: @12inches: You say it's a general knowledge and from your posts I can see it's either u are ignorant of these "general knowledge" or the "it doesn't make sense" part of your post simply means you're not sensible enough to understand the "general knowledge" as u call it. Lol, it makes me wonder why ask the question if you already know the answer.

You have repeatedly said the male gender makes one a leader and have refused to prove it, I thereby say continuing with this is a waste of time, Bye! smiley

Actually there is really nothing to prove. Why does a zebra have black and white stripes? Its nature. Why is a man a leader? It's nature and society has come to accept it. Atleast the African society. I don't understand what the problem is with you akatas always trying to change nature. Encouraging gay marriage and sh!!T
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by GoodBoi1(m): 6:49am On Jan 17, 2013
Shollypopz:

I don't know why you're asking these questions, are you trying to prove a point or give evidence to the influence culture has made in our society??
The fact that "these" exists or it's the norm doesn't make it right.

Your question on why we have majority of men as leaders: Well, before the civil war era(1849-1877) women weren't allowed to vote, head organizations, take part in decision makings, own properties, and were completely nonexistent in the work place. Due to this set back, men have been able to make great career advancement than the opposite sex.
The society then, did not believe in the woman's place being anywhere but at home taking care of the children and in the kitchen. Gender equality have since grown and gotten better during the years(though not entirely extinct), thereby enabling women engrave their names in engineering, and science fields which were completely male packed. I would love you to know that reading and writing of females after the civil war was even frowned up, writers like Mary Ann Evans(George Eliot) Joanne Rolings(J.K Rolings) had to use male pseudonyms in order to get their books out there and overcome discrimination. Though we still have places where women gets paid lesser than their male counterparts, we have come a long way.

Women leaders mess droppings up?? I would need statistics, example, or proof. I seriously do not know your aim or the use of droppings here. I would think messing up droppings would in turn ameliorate the previous/initial state in which she met the position.

The answer to the other questions is staring you right in the face - Culture, which I have stated in my previous post.

You said culture pilots human behavior. Yes! Culture, religion, education and family background pilots human behavior. Leave the US out of this and speak to me like someone living in Lagos Nigeria!! I'm proud of my Nigerian culture and heritage but it's simply foolish of me to follow a culture that upholds a gender over another. As I mentioned earlier, people define culture. Humans set the rules that governs culture not a divine being, the unfortunate thing is that men were the makers of this culture so it's totally understandable that they created a culture to favor them. African culture once upheld circumcision, killing of twins, ironing female brea.sts, killing of little kids accused of witchcraft and so on. Does that make it right??
Some evil things have been created by men and have stayed for long because it's "culture". So as it is the placing of the female gender inferior to the male gender. Culture has never been perfect my brother, we would continue to revise it till we can have a culture devoid of all forms of dehumanization, segregation, and discrimination.

Blame NL mods for my late response, I got banned! grin
And what does this have to do with marriage? When it comes to marriage between a man and a woman, there is nothing like gender equality . You can refer to gender equality in education, occupations, salaries but not in marriage. Pls stop deceiving your self with such equivocal post. I support gender equality but there is no such thing as gender equality in marriage, that's where you're missing it.

1 Like

Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by Xano(m): 6:52am On Jan 17, 2013
ambrosini593: Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working Class Ladies?

Girls are running after working guys but the case of guys running after working class ladies are not always like that. Are they scared of their money or because the guys on their are poor?

No. I prefer working class ladies. I'm not looking for a housewife.
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by Xano(m): 7:13am On Jan 17, 2013
queensmith: ahhhhhh, nigerian men + inferiority complex = constantly bangin on abt being the head.

Meanwhile, i havent met many men who brag the success of their relationships being purely down to him being the head. Being the head probably matters more to some men than having a successful relationship. Probably because it's their only chance to finally lead something. . . . . You need to start thinking of other ways to take up a leadership position if one will really make up for the shortfalls in life. . . . . . .

I assume those that bang on about it like puppies are still very young and equally unwise, you don't hear such nonsense in adult conversations. . . .head indeed, in this day and age. That marriage is doomed.

better start heading your mentality into the right direction, thats a good place to start

Its unfortunate you wrote this. I suppose you are not married. You can't say this, or have the courage to bring it up in the presence of your boyfriend. If this post, depicts your true self,be also so to any guy. You will see how it turn out. I hope you don't pretend to be someone he (or they) want you to be, just to get married. This is not a mature post.

1 Like

Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by Neddyogu(m): 8:07am On Jan 17, 2013
Okontami: In fact, a girl that is not working or meaningfully engaged into something constructive is not good for your health.

1) She will bug your life with her needs and plenty sorrows
2) She will be too free and will engage in affairs that will hurt you( An idle hand is the devil's workshop)
3) She will not appreciate a penny you give her.
4) She will use phrases like " How much is the 50,000 Naira you gave me? Is that one money"

When I remember more, I will say it.

no be lie!
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by KD22(m): 10:19am On Jan 17, 2013
Reality speaking here, bro!
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by babs4090(m): 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
OP seems to be making some sense. I have a number of classy chics in my work place who are yet to marry... These chics should be in their early 30's and living large i.e they earn good, drive exotic cars, travel abroad on vacations etc. With all these, I keep wondering what could be keeping these babes single cry
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by chronique(m): 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
ambrosini593: Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working Class Ladies?

Girls are running after working guys but the case of guys running after working class ladies are not always like that. Are they scared of their money or because the guys on their are poor?

@ OP: Why not just say you are scared of working class ladies/professionals? Why add the rest of us? My dear,pls speak for yourself alone!
Re: Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? by nollywood20: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
On marriage.
I have great respect for faithful couples.
Seeing the tragedies caused by infidelity, it would be better for someone to remain single than marry and be unfaithful.
I broke down the day I saw the weeping mother of two lovely children as her evil, unfaithful and wicked husband was beating her in the presence of their children who later told me that their daddy often maltreated their mommy.
This man preferred his wife to stay in their shop instead of working for corporations.

You may not agree with me, but majority of Nigerian husbands don't want their wives to be more ambitious than them. This low esteem of Nigerian men who want their women to be lower than them is why Nigerian couples have dysfunctional families.
Very boring families of parents whose children in most cases achieve nothing more than becoming replicas of their parents in the vicious circle of the underdevelopment in Nigeria.
In fact, majority of children today are worse than their parents in living standards even though many of them have diplomas and degrees their parents never had. But they are under-achievers, because of their intellectual and professional inadequacies.

Imagine a situation where children would prefer to be with another man they say is more beneficial to them than their father and wished their mother had married him instead of their father.
Nigerian men who don't want to marry career women should return to the 19th century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Girls: Do You Like Hairy Men? / #Buttocks - 5 Proven Ways To Get A Bigger Butt / Message From A Girl To Big Girls With Smelly Pussy (pictures Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.