Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? (19946 Views)

Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About? / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? / Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by FXKing2012(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
willarrie: Couples tend to look alike with time if they make love consistently in a position that enables them look into each other eyes while at it.....for couples who dont look alike probably enjoy the Doggy style....just my opinion sha.
Very interesting theory, I may write a thesis on this most interesting theory.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by shadrach77: 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
it's just immagination except someone can convince me that patience jonathan resembles her hubby. Some couples look like each other e.g. Daddy G.O Adeboye and Mummy G.O Folu Adeboye but i would say it's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with them spending many years together wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by tlops(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Flytefalls:
Hahaha! Reshape the way you form opinions smiley

...@op I don't look like him.

You're still young, wait a couple of more years...
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by raystanley(m): 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
willarrie: Couples tend to look alike with time if they make love consistently in a position that enables them look into each other eyes while at it.....for couples who dont look alike probably enjoy the Doggy style....just my opinion sha.
NO.IT'S INCORRECT! COUPLES TEND TO LOOK ALIKE, IF THE HUBBY SUCKS DURING LACTATION (BREAST FEEDING) FROM THE WIFE' THERE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHILD SUCKING FROM A MOTHER, WHICH ALSO CAUSES THE CHILD TO LOOK LIKE HER MOTHER! it's vice vassal!
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by elampiro(m): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
According to a research I read two or three years back, it states that it is their (couples)resemblance that attracted them to each other in the first place. That's why many couples look alike, but not all couples. Would you say our president and the 1st lady look alike? no. What about IBB and Maryam?
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Tropilo(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote
author=Mamaflex]Me n ma hubby luk alike too. pipo keep sayin it even
when we were datin. He also luk lyk one of my brothers.[/quote]

Is ur dad still available?

D man needs to do a DNA test with ur hub o!
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Igwe9(m): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
yuzedo: If na by sex abeg make i rent Beyonce for one year make i for resemble am small na, abi? grin cry
Invariably, Beyonce no go agree, mey she no come resemble you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by IYANGBALI: 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
princemaicheal:
Is he ugly?
I am her hubby,look @ my pix below am I ugly?

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
aboaed: Ever since my husband and I were dating people have been commenting on our likeness so much so that I started noticing thesame thing in other couples. Personally I find the thought a bit spooky and it can be annoying to be mistaken for your spouse's sister(though my husband get a good laugh out of it).
Have you also noticed this and what is your take on it?

Too much exchange of fluid during the bed game! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by great063(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin: Me and hubby can never look alike.. Never!

Even if we live 200 yrs.. cheesy
Congrats,way to go madam.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by nattymallam: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
aboaed: Ever since my husband and I were dating people have been commenting on our likeness so much so that I started noticing thesame thing in other couples. Personally I find the thought a bit spooky and it can be annoying to be mistaken for your spouse's sister(though my husband get a good laugh out of it).
Have you also noticed this and what is your take on it?
. I can never look like ma wife i am huge tall and coal black, why she is light and very light in complexion, though my kids look like her
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Meomar(m): 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2013

Eeeyya, i understand ur case...buh Is he dat ugly?.. U sound lyk he no try at all
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Metallurgist: 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
so if eye contact matters, and the couples that enjoy Do/ggy style the man's eye is on his girls arse i wonder if will in time the man's face go start to look like the girl arse
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
Me omar:
Eeeyya, i understand ur case...buh Is he dat ugly?.. U sound lyk he no try at all

Anu nkpam! Did you even consider complexion?

tongue
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by MissOpe(f): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote author=aboaed]Ever since my husband and I were dating people have been commenting on our likeness so much so that I started noticing thesame thing in other couples. Personally I find the thought a bit SPOOKY.

Do u really know the meaning of spooky?
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by doncasper: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
seedord247: Nop... I disgaree..

My mum have this ogbomosho tribal marks and my dad doesnt. cool
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by MissOpe(f): 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
My Fiance and I Look Alike so so so so much.... Dat each time we move together...everyone is like I'm I is younger sister?
I love it cos it just indicates to me dat am the bone of his bones... Period

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by oseiwe(m): 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
Afam4eva: There are several reason why people can look alike and they included but not limited to Gene, environment and happenstance. In the case of couples, i think the bolded is the reason. When two people go to the same places, do the same things, eat the same food, they're probably going to start looking alike.
Is d reason above d reason why some children resemble d landlords or co-tenants?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by PalmTree(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2013
Because they are couples
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ojjp: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
We grow up 2 luv ppl around us especialy ur brother's or sister's luk. U like their behaviours n some other xters abt dem. Der is every tendency dat one would get attracted 2 a similar face 2 one of ur own at home. Frm like 2 luv den eventualy marriage. U might nt knw y u luv her/him until ppl begin 2 tell u hw d 2 of u luk alike. But u like her because she looks like ur sis n u n ur sis luk alike so u 2 luk alike.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ideology(m): 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
yea. its true but not all couples, have always feel the ones that look alike, are actually the right ones. they are always full of smiles and the marriages are always successful. and the family is always peaceful
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
I Kinda Reason With The Op. I Could Remember A Senerio Where Someone Told Me I Resemble My GF. I Kinda Found It Funny Until Another Person Repeat The Same Thing, Asking Me If She's My Sister.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ChukChinCol(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
I notice dat a lot...its kinda true, n i kn s.ex wl definately play a role.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
...And the two shall become one...

That is the reason.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ayodot(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
whatever
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by dothis91: 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
in the 1st pace..thou..av seen alot of couples that look alike,,,i do laght and think in my mind,THIS IS BONE OF HIS BONE:::EVE was create from ADAM hib..so couple tend to look alike some times. in the 1st pace..thou..av seen alot of couples that look alike,,,i do laght and think in my mind,THIS IS BONE OF HIS BONE:::EVE was create from ADAM hib..so couple tend to look alike some times. in the 1st pace..thou..av seen alot of couples that look alike,,,i do laght and think in my mind,THIS IS BONE OF HIS BONE:::EVE was create from ADAM hib..so couple tend to look alike some times.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ikaboy: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
is simple: FUSION.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by chucky234(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2013

Chei... e be like say your hubby get first class for worwor.
LWKMD
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Tymally: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
yh, it happens wen u start doing fins 2geda wif anoda person and its nt restricted 2 couples alone but also fwends. i fink i will agree wif environment
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Prospixcel(f): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
they look alik because dea blood have mixed up
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by eminex(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
Blood mixing tru interaction. Buh it occurs less often.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by 1k001(m): 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
The reason happy tongue couples often look alike is due to the conscious and subconscious mimicry of facial expressions that occur consistently over time such that the natural state of facial muscles become largely similar!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Housegirl Searching For Her Family / South African Father Backing His Son To Work / 10 Most Curious Birth Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.