Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? (19944 Views)

Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About? / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? / Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Domwiz4all(m): 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
Yeah it is very true, have sin couples dat actually luk alike. So many pple have told me my wife luks like me even b4 we got married. And sum say she luks like my younger sis.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by hardbody: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Una don begin marry una cousins abi? Filial relationship is both immoral and illegal, please be guided accordingly.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Connoisseur(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Constant exchange of body fluids
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by yuzedo: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Igwe.:

Invariably, Beyonce no go agree, mey she no come resemble you.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by chamotex(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
willarrie: Couples tend to look alike with time if they make love consistently in a position that enables them look into each other eyes while at it.....for couples who dont look alike probably enjoy the Doggy style....just my opinion sha.

You are having a laugh right?
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:20am On Jan 18, 2013
When couples have kids, the children then act as some kind of 'morphing software' that fuses both couples features into one, and it then looks like they resemble each other.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ITbomb(m): 3:28am On Jan 18, 2013
1k001: The reason happy tongue couples often look alike is due to the conscious and subconscious mimicry of facial expressions that occur consistently over time such that the natural state of facial muscles become largely similar!
As in Wetin?
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nkembenard(m): 4:10am On Jan 18, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: In I-GO-DYE's voice "grin man done insert too much sim card into d phone"
gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nkembenard(m): 4:29am On Jan 18, 2013
How then do we explain a case where u get such compliments with an ex girlfriend who is nw married to an army major..

Well, I used 2get dat compliment back then.. Even tho we dint have sex! :':':'

Its nt in any way related to $ex, constant/irregular..I think its jst comes with the relationship..one of those life-facts u cnt explain..
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nkembenard(m): 4:33am On Jan 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Yeaa truee! I think Annie Macaulay and 2face Idibia got some resemblance too...

If I hear..undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nkembenard(m): 4:34am On Jan 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Yeaa truee! I think Annie Macaulay and 2face Idibia got some resemblance too...

If I hear..undecided
I'm sure u think 9ice and toni payne got some resemblance too:-:-:-
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by swtcharissa(f): 5:09am On Jan 18, 2013
When ple saw my wedding sourveniers they said we had same eyes n nose,I think is another form of confirmation dat 'this is ur heaven made spouse'.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by DBEST246: 6:48am On Jan 18, 2013
It's not all about sex! When a man marry his God made wife, they are most likely to look alike with time. But some couple already looks alike before getting married.
The first time I went to see my partner in his office, ppl were asking him "when did ur sister come?" Though we are not married then. So, it's all about men getting married to their missing rib
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ouigy99(m): 7:19am On Jan 18, 2013
willarrie: Couples tend to look alike with time if they make love consistently in a position that enables them look into each other eyes while at it.....for couples who dont look alike probably enjoy the Doggy style....just my opinion sha.
Hmmmm... no wonder why OBJ and Stella never looked alike
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by MoAfrica: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2013
It is very easy, people turn to be receptive to what is familiar to them, if you look like me or one of my family members they are high chances of saying yes to your proposal.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 18, 2013
All those that play away matches will neva look the same. Its only common with couple that have remained faithful over the yrs.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 18, 2013
is it the woman that tends to look more like the man or vice-verca? though on a serious note me thinks the symbiotic exchange of body fluids among each couple is strongly responsible for this phenomena.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Supergirlie(f): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2013
They look alike because each person is d missing rib of the other, united as one body and bound to leave 2geda till death do them part.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by 1k001(m): 9:01am On Jan 18, 2013
ITbomb:
As in Wetin?

Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Meomar(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2013
Vikin:

Anu nkpam! Did you even consider complexion?

tongue
and who's talking bout ur husby changin 4rm dark 2 fair in complexion, is he a chameleon?.. We talkin about resemlance here nt complexion... ANU OHIA
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Ernaal: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2013
Couples tend to look alike simply because they sleep with each other 4 a very long period of time.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Manuche(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2013
seedord247: Nop... I disgaree..

My mum have this ogbomosho tribal marks and my dad doesnt. cool
They are old fashion.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by patricktmuavha: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2013
beleave it or not,it is true,man lough,woman got upset,it happens to me,i was having a walk with the mother of my only son theo,we met an old lady who smille at us and greet us.and she ask if we were twins,i lough and my wife was not ok with it,I am patrick muavha,she is rachel ramatsitsi my fiance i said to the old lady.mybe thats why i fell in love with her.lol.
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by ITbomb(m): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2013
So if looking in your partner's eye when making luv makes u to look alike.
Where was OBJ looking?
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by bibina: 10:36am On Jan 18, 2013
braine: Its the human psychology; when you see the couple together over and over again, they begin to have d same character and body features in the viewer's mind. This can be likened to a situation when a very ugly person become fine after a seeing the person later-on, frequently.

its called transference of spirits!
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2013
Me omar:
and who's talking bout ur husby changin 4rm dark 2 fair in complexion, is he a chameleon?.. We talkin about resemlance here nt complexion... ANU OHIA

And you don't know that complexion is also a factor that affects resemblance ....nwa ochicha! cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2013
The simple truth is this:the children tends to look like the both of them,so whenever you start seeing them and their children over and again,you will start noticing the resemblance between them
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by DonJoviano(m): 11:15am On Jan 18, 2013
Research has it that close intimacy after 20years among couples,they tend to look alike.But for so many relationships in their early stages of like 2,3 or thereabout,if you would be sincere,there hasn't been any significant differnce from when they met.And the 9ja stigma of always likening a person's resemblance to another is paramuont
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by Iolo(m): 11:18am On Jan 18, 2013
To further expand OP's question, I have noticed that adopted children (this applies to the relatives taken under care and the completely non-related adopted kids) as I have come to notice tend to look like their siblings after many years of living together? Why is it also that in cases where a woman in a marriage gives birth to a child fathered by another man, such a child would still look like his siblings, and adopted father as the years go by.
Please note that some men have really strong genes leading to distinct facial n body features (such as big eyeballs, large forehead, large head to body ratio, and vice-versa) that no amount of co-habitation can change. Am not referring to these sort of people in my analysis, more to those with more generic facial n body features.

I brought this up to illustrate that the true answer lies beyond having steady sex as in a couple as people are suggesting.

Why is this so?
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by badooo(m): 11:27am On Jan 18, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: na quarel? Abi one of una dey facially challenged?
Her hubby ova worwor sotey she fit kil herself if she luk lyk him
Re: Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? by shakaz(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2013
SimplySEA: My woman black lik midnight...! Me fair lik albino! How dat one wan take happen.....?
[quote author=SimplySEA]who knows she maybe cheating on u!Wait o was she initially fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Housegirl Searching For Her Family / South African Father Backing His Son To Work / 10 Most Curious Birth Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.