Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (38085 Views)

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by EkoIle1: 4:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Assets forfeiture: Tafa Balogun, ex-govs’ cars rot in EFCC custody

About 400 posh cars believed to have been seized from a former Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Tafa Balogun, ex-governors and some prominent businessmen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission now compete for space with weeds at the commission’s premises in Abuja.

Although it was not clear why the vehicles were dumped there, SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the cars were part of the assets which were seized following the Assets Forfeiture order obtained from a court by the EFCC which was to enable professional property managers use the assets to generate revenue for the Federal Government.

An Assets Forfeiture Unit was said to have been put in place in 2008 by the commission’s former chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, whose mandate was to ensure that all assets forfeited to the Federal Government, through the EFCC, were identified and verified.

The report of the AFU submitted to the commission showed that between 2003 and 2010, the EFCC had seized 203 posh mansions from Politically Exposed Persons, including 15 ex-governors from 46 Forfeiture Court Orders.

The landed property and business concerns which were valued at N2tn included 238 bank accounts worth over N500bn, 320 million units of shares in blue-chip companies, 18 firms and 28 plots of land.

Others are 43 vehicles, three fuel stations, four hotels, two warehouses, four shopping complexes, five schools, two bakeries and three estates.

Balogun’s Lagos and Abuja assets were valued at N1.56bn.

http://www.punchng.com/news/assets-forfeiture-tafa-balogun-ex-govs-cars-rot-in-efcc-custody/
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by EkoIle1: 4:59am On Jan 17, 2013
These are some of the people responsible for what's in the pictures...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Fiawest(m): 5:19am On Jan 17, 2013
osifred: This country tire me o
...then make u commot there now....lol
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by darne(m): 5:44am On Jan 17, 2013
Now I know the reason why these bars.tards are so inhuman, they are just rolling with the set(kabal) of the worst things that's ever happen to Nigeria (arm robbery, BH,corruption, lies etc), As I write this I have a full view of them with their truck packed outside my house waiting for motorcyclist (okada)...Shame On My Country I swear !!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 17, 2013
poverty is the only reason anyone is in that college today. For most of those guys there, anything... even debasing conditions like that is much better than what they have presently.

The irony is that many of us making noise and calling the conditions shameful are direct beneficiaries of the corruption that has left that place in derelict condition. When you go home later, look your parents in the face and ask them where they got the money to put you in posh schools and get you the posh cars you drive around today.

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by KayDee4: 6:04am On Jan 17, 2013
CHAAI !!! shocked shocked shocked

When I clicked on the topic, I expected to see a state-of-the-art training facility as one of GEJ's new achievements; but this is really sad, terrible, worse than I could have ever imagined.

Tufiakwaaaaaa !!!!

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by boladez(m): 6:16am On Jan 17, 2013
...Indeed this is part of the transformation agenda!!!! Fresh air. To imagine we have police affairs Ministry and a minister who lives in luxury and opulence while recruits are treated as destitutes is frustrating and annoying.

Maybe corporate organisations should rescue these people by sponsoring the renovation and upgrade of the facility rather than giving out cars, buses and organizing stupid talent shows destroying our youth.

Thanks to Channels TV for the good piece I hope no one in the school gets fired for allowing the filming.

You see why we wish our leaders dead and killed by sicknesses and crashes?
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by nlofficial(m): 6:27am On Jan 17, 2013
And you wonder why these guys will start behaving like touts once they are in uniform. I believe that is their reason for being in this jail, there future is in extorting the ordinary man.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by donwilz(m): 6:38am On Jan 17, 2013
OMG!!!! the pictures are traumatizing !! can't even imagine myself in such conditions. Gosh, my heart goes out to them. The government should fix up this mess... cry
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by kunleblack: 6:41am On Jan 17, 2013
In a ShitHOLE Like This,What kind of Training do u expect!!!No Wonder the Nigerian POLICE turn out the way they Do.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Toktee(m): 6:41am On Jan 17, 2013
hey guy!you sure say that thing na place where person live and it,abi na kirikiri be that?
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 17, 2013
As the place take qack na so the officers it trained take qack
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Toktee(m): 6:49am On Jan 17, 2013
jaaaah jehovaah! I can see a bed siting on the stones in d picture,jah jah jah!!! I can and iam seing a house without a window,thank you jah for revelation.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by FBS: 6:58am On Jan 17, 2013
Unbelievable! And we say this is a country?

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by damiwiol: 6:58am On Jan 17, 2013
This place looks just like a psychriatic home..................no wonder they all graduate and come out deranged. I am sorry for Nigeria....There is total rott everywhere.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Lovine: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2013
What do the Minister of Police affairs do with the yearly budget? God will judge them
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by frankcimc(m): 7:15am On Jan 17, 2013
Hope the right action will be taken now that this unbelievable revelation is there for all(Govt.) to see.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by seunajia: 7:25am On Jan 17, 2013
Wow! I'm still on page 3 and one thing just occurred to me, all the posters have been doing is "ah" "heya" "hell hole" "come and see UK dog house" blah blah blah, What the fucck is wrong with us?! If na curse we no go go wash head for river? What are we doing about this? What is the f-ing way forward? Damn! angry

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by omenka(m): 7:28am On Jan 17, 2013
Now this is a chance to truely make the police our friends! Imagine all of us comming together in huge numbers to protest over the condition of this school... Just wonderin how the govt wld respond to that...

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Freiburger(m): 7:34am On Jan 17, 2013
crazygod: Little wonder, infact NO WONDER these guys behave the way they do. What's the difference between that college and kirikiri?
+100likes
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Freiburger(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2013
Lovine: What do the Minister of Police affairs do with the yearly budget? God will judge them
Ask the suiss government.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Truckpusher(m): 7:44am On Jan 17, 2013
omenka: Now this is a chance to truely make the police our friends! Imagine all of us comming together in huge numbers to protest over the condition of this school... Just wonderin how the govt wld respond to that...
they would respond with koboko and tear gas, detain some of us, brutalize some of us using the same police , call it an opposition disturbance of public order, call us paid protesters , kill one or two persons to send a strong message that they are still animals then finally they will infiltrate us and ask us to send representatives that will dialogue with the govt of which they'll buy them over , we become tired of their feet dragging and as soon as we threaten to protest again they'll set up a committee with a court order demanding that all protest should stop to allow the committee to work and that will be the end
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Fklin(m): 7:45am On Jan 17, 2013
I Clap for NPF

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by tombeh(m): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2013
Even where pigs stays, is even neater than this place,Pls Govnt, Abeg, Biko, Ejoor etc.rescue these people. shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by kaze4blues(m): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2013
Pelummy: Jst treking by,cnt view

Una dey trek?...in ds era of private jets..................................................................................
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by GoodNigerian: 7:51am On Jan 17, 2013
Tusky44: grin Where is the "massive transformation and reforms" going on with the police force

Meanwhile, Nairaland is growing at a very abnormal pace of recent. See below

Stats: 999333 members, 1100162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 09:41 PM
Stats: 999455 members, 1100415 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 January 2013 at 07:37 AM
@Pictures: *Weeping uncontrollably for my future friends*
@NL Stats: Tell more people, pls. NL has come to stay![b][/b]
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by EagleNest(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2013
I almost threw-up. Disgusting!
Are we this wicked?
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by EagleNest(m): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2013
No wonder Nigeria policemen are not friendly.
Have you been to a police barack recently?
Stinking to high heaven.Heh!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 17, 2013
This is really something else.. Gosh... Nigeria will never progress... That's why our only solution is God's kingdom
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 17, 2013
CHANNELS TELEVISION, GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!! and GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!! 1000000LIKES

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Truckpusher(m): 8:05am On Jan 17, 2013
The most painful part of this whole thing is that every year huge amount of money is always allocated to run this institutIon, but some people will embezzle this money and bingo nothing will happen to them.

These criminal elites are well known to the Nigerian people they live amongst us and if ever there is anything to protest abt this is it right here, but question is how many of us are willing to leave our comfort and do that which is necessary even in the face of death?

Boko Haram Kingpin Arrested With His Family While Trying To Escape (Pics) / Faith Sakwe Edward And Her Family In New Photo / We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala