Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (38081 Views)

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Freiburger(m): 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
nollywood20: [size=28pt]THIS IS ENOUGH PROOF OF THE KIND OF PEOPLE WE HAVE IN GOVERNMENT.
UNCIVILIZED MONKEYS AND APES WHO WOULD BE MORE AT HOME IN THEIR JUNGLE THAN IN THE CORRIDORS OF POWER. THAT IS WHY I CANNOT RAISE MY INNOCENT CHILDREN IN NIGERIA. BECAUSE WITH POLICE OFFICERS SUFFERING THESE INDIGNITIES NO LIFE IS SAFE IN NIGERIA.
[/size]
+200likes.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
These people are trained to suffer from the beginning of thr life to end. no wonder why they live on bribe
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by StarFlux: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
O_O

This is terrible! It looks so dirty. I would rather sleep on the street.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by free2ryhme: 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
i grew up and schooled close 2 police college ikeja that place is dustbin and garbage dump site nothing gud can ever come out from their
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
Are those photos for real?! embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Please,somebody should tell me they are not for real!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hiyaah! I hate everything about Nigerian police. What a repugnant sight to see.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by KnowAll(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
it is high time they tear down that place and sell d land to raise money. That facility is in one of the moste expensive real estate land in Nigeria. That eyesore should be demolished and a brand new facility built for them somewhere in d country side. We must remember when d facility was built in d 1940's Ikeja was a distant village from Lagos Island which was d centre of all activities.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by JNdupu: 2:57am On Jan 18, 2013
Make una see the Oga patapata of the Police

How many dormitories can be refurbished with what this car cost? The fancy chrome wheels alone can pay for several proper beds. Not to mention the cost of the armored car that always accompanies him with a platoon's worth of heavily armed policemen.

That is the serious disconnect between Top and Bottom that makes the Police Force such a cesspool. Just think about it.

After all, Tafa Balogun is today enjoying the money he stole, money meant for the protection of the very men and women he was supposed to lead. If there was any justice, the haunted spirits of those Policemen killed through superior criminal gunfire will be visiting him every night.

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by FBS: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2013
Lord have mercy. Some things will never change.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by dasparrow: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Post

Nigeria we hail thee angry
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by nagoma(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I know i'm stating the obvious, but those pics bring home the fact that ever since the time of Zik, Awo and Sadauna, our subsequent leaders have been completely visionless and useless (esp' the military guys).

And now we have a president who is even more clueless!! we don suff cryer .
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by JNdupu: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
Somebody must be reading Nairaland ...

BREAKING NEWS: SAHARAREPORTERS

President Jonathan Makes Unscheduled Visit to Police College In Lagos

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/breaking-news-president-jonathan-makes-unscheduled-visit-police-college-lagos

On the way to an ECOWAS meeting in the Ivory Coast, President Goodluck Jonathan's plane was diverted to Lagos where he made a surprise visit to the police college in Ikeja. Sources say that even his top aides were taken unaware by the unscheduled stop.

The police authorities were also caught unawares and had in fact rented the college to host a private wedding, which is illegal. President Jonathan demanded that the top brass explain these actions to which they had no sufficient answers. Upon hearing this the President immediately commenced an inspection of the college, starting with the student hostels where he discovered dilapidated conditions including no beds and toilets in the rooms.

At the time of this report, the inspection is on-going. President Jonathan is moving from hostel from hostel on his inspection of the college.

The story will be updated as we learn more information.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by naptu2: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
Oh my God! I'm just getting very funny details about the inspection.

The college authorities rented out the premises for a wedding (which is illegal). The president asked them what was going on. They couldn't explain. He then commenced an inspection and saw dilapidated facilities.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by MarJuly(f): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
I hope they are not going to set up committee for this
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by MadCow1: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
naptu2: Oh my God! I'm just getting very funny details about the inspection.

The college authorities rented out the premises for a wedding (which is illegal). The president asked them what was going on. They couldn't explain. He then commenced an inspection and saw dilapidated facilities.

I am not surprised...

National stadium is rented out for Church crusades..

All Governemnt primary school classes are used for church services ever sunday..

I once saw a business centre inside a Nigerian Police Station building.. Apparently it was owned by the DPO.

Nigerian Navy Helicopter is used as Taxi at a Politicians fathers funeral.

Nigerian Police vans used to transport goods and equipments not related to the police.

e.t.c..

Abeg make Jonathan free the matter jo!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by naptu2: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by billyG(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Chei! see prison yards sorry pulice college,prisoners they sing i'm in chain u in chain too,im in prison yu in prison too mr jailer im talkin to yu jailer stop calling me a criminal! ;All d muderfukin pots-bellied pulice officers shld be identified & sack 4 pulice 2 muv 4ward.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
The government is very absentia in responding to needs in that country. If it is in a good country the information posted here is enough to trigger responses from the government to do something about the bad condition the yet to be Nigerian Police forces are living in.

JEEZ!!! What is wrong with that country to organize things properly. I am very agree at this sight! It is an unquestionable an eyesore!

I am very angry with this. I am angry!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by jingoma(m): 12:22am On Jan 19, 2013
JNdupu: Make una see the Oga patapata of the Police

How many dormitories can be refurbished with what this car cost? The fancy chrome wheels alone can pay for several proper beds. Not to mention the cost of the armored car that always accompanies him with a platoon's worth of heavily armed policemen.

That is the serious disconnect between Top and Bottom that makes the Police Force such a cesspool. Just think about it.

After all, Tafa Balogun is today enjoying the money he stole, money meant for the protection of the very men and women he was supposed to lead. If there was any justice, the haunted spirits of those Policemen killed through superior criminal gunfire will be visiting him every night.
This picture explains it all. All the funds that could have rebuilt or at least refurbished this facility has gone into a few individuals pockets and there will be no consequences.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ogoplus: 11:12am On Jan 19, 2013
If you see the pictures of a typical police baracks you will agree with me that the Lagos police college is a 3 star hotel !
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by nollywood20: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2013
The bad state of the Nigerian Police College became worse when the PDP took over power. I knew the state of the place before 1999, because I visited the place as an independent TV producer. Nigeria generally was a better and safer country before the PDP. Now the DG of the NYSC just lamented that many of the corp members cannot read and write in English. But they can fork and jig to "Bend Down Low" very well at their various NYSC camps. The PDP has ruined Nigeria. And these are our future husbands and wives. An intellectually re-tar-ded generation who are more of liabilities than assets to their communities and the nation. No wonder majority of them are jobless since they don't even have the intellect to be creative and productive.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by nollywood20: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2013
StarFlux: O_O

This is terrible! It looks so dirty. I would rather sleep on the street.
. I could not even post the horrible photos on my blogs to save my readers from the horrors. One can vomit just looking at them. Lest we forget, many campuses of federal colleges and universities are equally terrible and the inhuman conditions are actually why many of the students behave like dogs and the girls among them resort to "Runs" to escape from the nightmares of these indignities. I found it challenging to date any of the girls staying in horrible hostels at the University of Lagos. Visiting Linda Ikeji and others then was an ordeal. I just made fun of the whole mess.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Iolo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
J12: This one of the reasons policemen lack motivation and are corrupt.
1. Most nigerian policemen enroll into the police force due to unemployment and poverty issues and not because they want to serve the nation and protect lives and property. These men and women are mostly uneducated, uncultured and unnutured.
They go through the police college where they live under harsh living conditions, some of the good ones who are willing to serve face prejudice, nepotism and unjust favoritism.
The anomalies and injustice continue as they get a rank in the force. Their salaries and allowances are too meager, they're barely paid on time, they're barely promoted and worst of all, nobody takes care of their families when they die in active service.
Sometimes you can't help but feel sorry for them.

In addition, you have to bribe to get your uniforms and kit, you have to bribe your way to "juicy" postings. Insurance doesn't pay in cases of death, and the sear filth of a place they call a police college.

These young recruits are already demoralized and have little or no faith in the police force as soon as they enter these dumpster colleges around the country.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
nollywood20: The bad state of the Nigerian Police College became worse when the PDP took over power. I knew the state of the place before 1999, because I visited the place as an independent TV producer. Nigeria generally was a better and safer country before the PDP. Now the DG of the NYSC just lamented that many of the corp members cannot read and write in English. But they can fork and jig to "Bend Down Low" very well at their various NYSC camps. The PDP has ruined Nigeria. And these are our future husbands and wives. An intellectually re-tar-ded generation who are more of liabilities than assets to their communities and the nation. No wonder majority of them are jobless since they don't even have the intellect to be creative and productive.
Is it PDP, as a political part, the administrator of those sectors? Please, I would like to know how this is a political party issue rather than the inability of those in command of those various sectors to put things in the rightful places.

However, the sight of the police academy is troubling. I don't understand how it collapsed to such a filthy condition. That environment is poisonous to human health. JEEZ!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by nagoma(m): 10:05am On Jan 21, 2013
Why send criminals to prison when the Police College is there?

How can we get the pictures on CNN?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
What are the responses so far carried out for the Nigeria Police College? Please, something needs to be done in fixing this college!Nigerians cannot remain blinded to their responsibilities.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Joel3(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
ogb5: Thats why it is called a school. They are training them to be able to enjoy their deplorable barracks when they pass out grin
At least moving to the smelling barracks from the training school will be an improvement and will be a good motivator for the recruits to study so as to escape the training school as soon as possible.

i cant stop laughting at this post. Hahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd Gathers For Fayose's Rice And N200 / NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive / Edo Assembly Holds First Plenary, Orders Closure Of House’s Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.