Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (38086 Views)

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 17, 2013
EagleNest: No wonder Nigeria policemen are not friendly.
Have you been to a police barack recently?
Stinking to high heaven.Heh!!!

So true man, this one time I went to get a police report, I could not stay for 5 minutes with the police I had to go stay outside, the place stinks like they hiding a dead cow somewhere in there.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ojesymsym: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2013
One of the report from Channels says, each of those recruit is entitled to 150naira per day for feeding, that is 54,750 naira in a year. Now that same police mans hears that President Goodluck jonathan, anty Pepe, VP and wife are entitled to 1,000,000 naira a day. Thats the equivalent amount at 150 naira a day that will feed one of those recruits for 18 years.
life is really unfair sha.

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Watermelon(m): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I know i'm stating the obvious, but those pics bring home the fact that ever since the time of Zik, Awo and Sadauna, our subsequent leaders have been completely visionless and useless (esp' the military guys).
why do we blame our leaders for every misfortune in this country,I am sure so much money was budgeted for the maintenance of those structures but the money somehow found its way into the police officers pockets. What about our "i don't care" attitudes to public utilities,somebody messes up a public utility and does't think it is wise to tidy up for the next person and the cycle goes on, you piss on the wall, poo on the floor,wet every where and you expect your leaders to come and clean up for you even when your own health is at risk. What a country

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by MadCow1: 8:35am On Jan 17, 2013
Why is anyone here surprised?!

85% of NYSC Camps nationwide are like this..

95% of Police Officers Barracks are like this.

95% of Army Officers Barracks are like this.

85% of Civil Servants Quaarters are like this.

75% of Government Primary and Secondary Schools are like this.

Simply put!! All Government run ANYTHING are virtually like this.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by alajor(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2013
This is very sad and wicked! Oh naija rulers!how low can u go?
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by seanet01: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2013
Useless country
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ipromise: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2013
Is part of the rigorous training they needed hahahahahaha..change is all we need, yes we can..
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 17, 2013
payless: Wow! Look at Nigeria Police College!

When I was a criminal Justice student in the U.S, I visited so many prisons in U.S and they look like middle-class apartment studios. Furnished with beds, sanitary wares, tooth brushes, clean toilets, clean towels for inmates, doctors, barbers, gym, basketball court, pool table and more. Some "middle class" in Nigeria wouldn't mind living in American prison environments if they were available for rent in Nigeria. Imagine prisons with internet service with full A/C.

Sad! Sad!! Sad!!!

Biko,Help a brother out.
Abeg how you fit take help me to enter American prison.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 17, 2013
Mad Cow: Why is anyone here surprised?!

85% of NYSC Camps nationwide are like this..

95% of Police Officers Barracks are like this.

95% of Army Officers Barracks are like this.

85% of Civil Servants Quaarters are like this.

75% of Government Primary and Secondary Schools are like this.

Simply put!! All Government run ANYTHING are virtually like this.
and dont forget our tertiary institutions especially their toilets shocked shocked! thats why you get to see many student who will prefer to stay off-campus anytime anyday . even if they are expensive or crisis-ridden angry angry
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2013
Bunch of aggravated folks in an aggravated profession to protect an aggravated citizenry in an aggravated nation through an aggravated means resulting in aggravated results with aggravated compensation to the aggravated citizenry.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Truckpusher(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2013
seanet01: Useless country
if that's all you can offer , then you're as clueless as our leaders...I hereby ban you from commenting. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by VUVUZELA10: 9:23am On Jan 17, 2013
How will the products of this hell called Police college not be heartless and wicked. Some animals in Nigeria are accommodated in better places.IGP, please act promptly. This is a disgrace.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by tomiedatlo: 9:29am On Jan 17, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: The Nigeria Police College, Ikeja, Lagos State is the first in the country. In a recent video report by ChannelsTV, the very deplorable situation of the College is shown in the following images. While posting this, I cannot but wonder what our leaders have been doing. It is a big shame indeed upon the Nigerian government and all their supporters.

Iyaniwura brings to you some of the pictures of the college. You will see the male dormitory 10, constructed in 1940 by colonial masters with its incredibly hellish looks (yes, it looks like hell). The toilets are abhorent and the bathrooms? I wonder how they manage to take their baths in there.
You will also see some students urinating at the back of the building where the drainage system has broken down completely.

Here, police recruits will spend 13 months for training. In 2013, a sum of N311 billion naira has been budgeted for the Nigerian Police. Enu kalokalo naa ni gbogbo re n lo. There are 7 police colleges in Nigeria and a total of 18,500 constables graduated as at December 2012. These colleges include the Lagos Police College (see pictures below), Kaduna Police College, Kano Police Academy, Maiduguri Police College, Oji Police College, Police ICT College, Abeokuta and the Police Detective College, Enugu. In addition to this, there are two mobile police colleges, one in Gwoza, Borno State while the other is in Ila-Orangun, Osun State.

The College once had an Olympic-size swimming pool which is now a breeding ground for toads. It used to win medals for shooting all over West Africa but there is no shooting range anymore.

According to Jonah Mavah, the Deputy Commandant of the College, there has been no major development since establishment except for some few renovations.
The College itself was built for 700 students but today, it contains 2,554.
As for the library, the Staff says they cannot remember the last time books were supplied to the library which is full of museum pieces and antiquities called books bought in the 1970s.

Please like Iyaniwura on Facebook and see more:
https://www.facebook.com/iyaniwurablog

http://iyaniwura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/POLICE2.jpg
http://iyaniwura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/POLICE-3.jpg

Please like Iyaniwura on Facebook and see more:
https://www.facebook.com/iyaniwurablog

NB: Please how does one get to upload more than four pictures? Iyaniwura is kinda new here and will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Someone helped me with the uploading of more pictures (I want to guess it's the admin), thank you so much! smiley
Dis must b a waste dumpin ground
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Freiburger(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2013
shocked shocked shocked So, na human being connect that that electrical fuse
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by TheMatrix3: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2013
For the first time on NL I saw tears welling up in my eyes. reminds me of the squalor of my NYSC camp, but even that had more dignity. How can we ever expect any dignity from a police man trained in such a decadent, squalid, lecherous, filthy debauched pig sty poo for 13 months? Jeez embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by HoneyPrincess(f): 9:54am On Jan 17, 2013
Please they should continue to collect 20naira or make it 100naira, no wonder, na wa for Nigerian government
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by samfibby(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2013
Hmm...Now, i see why they will shoot anyone over 20 naira bribe.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by MadCow1: 10:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Freiburger: shocked shocked shocked So, na human being connect that that electrical fuse

Why you shock?!!

Na so my neighbour go my security light go tap current enter ehn self-contained batcher.. When I on Gen, ehn get light, when my Inverter kick in, ehn get light, when NEPA come, ehn get light!! The day I find out!! I was so shocked I no even get power call police..

Nigerian Electricians fit wire full bungalow without fuse, socket, cut-out, meter or DB. If way dey sef, dem go wire person house without wire..
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by tpia5: 10:26am On Jan 17, 2013
hmm, boko haram/armed robbers are warming up for attacks again.

LHM
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by lion042(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2013
That's why their work is always like that, shame shame nigeria
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by touchmehard: 10:38am On Jan 17, 2013
NO WONDER THE DEVIL IS BLACK!

What is the Minister of Polce Affairs doing? In fact, they should close the school, demolish it and build a brand new one with modern facilities.

This is so so disgusting.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by kufreabasi(m): 10:39am On Jan 17, 2013
shameless police people, for how many years?
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by juman(m): 10:46am On Jan 17, 2013
President Jonathan has been in power for more than two years, he is incompetent.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Freiburger(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2013
juman: President Jonathan has been in power for more than two years, he is incompetent.
Leave the president out of this.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ifebosco: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2013
Fiawest: ...then make u commot there now....lol
most everybody leave nigeria becuase our polical class failed us??
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Lovine: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2013
No body they only moutheee.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ifebosco: 11:36am On Jan 17, 2013
Freiburger:
Leave the president out of this.
is he not the man incharge?if you want to defend the president do that with facts
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2013
juman: President Jonathan has been in power for more than two years, he is incompetent.
ur senior broda yar a'dua ruled naija too! Ask d filty police college students wat he did durin his time u buffon!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ifebosco: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2013
Watermelon:
why do we blame our leaders for every misfortune in this country,I am sure so much money was budgeted for the maintenance of those structures but the money somehow found its way into the police officers pockets. What about our "i don't care" attitudes to public utilities,somebody messes up a public utility and does't think it is wise to tidy up for the next person and the cycle goes on, you piss on the wall, poo on the floor,wet every where and you expect your leaders to come and clean up for you even when your own health is at risk. What a country
please im tire to hear from people like you who pass the blame of our uncivical atitude to the comon man on the streets.you are wrong,becuase the comon man on the streets, needs the goverment to educate him/her and put up institutes that will discipline us when due.we donñt have this in nigeria and you are here insulting extrem poor people.our generation is going to suffer, if we don´t send the right massage to our political elites
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by ifebosco: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Jenams: ur senior broda yar a'dua ruled naija too! Ask d filty police college students wat he did durin his time u buffon!
as usual with tribal sentiments,becuase yar a´dua did not do it,gej too will not do his own abi??i tire for my brothers ooo
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
I'm glad things like this come to limelight. When it caused embarrassment to the govt they will do something about it. It took the intervention of President Goodluck Jonathan for the national stadium in Abuja to be renovated. Monies are budgeted for these project yearly but they are not being used for the purposes they are meant for and nobody is talking and nobody is brought to book. Things must change!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja by nollywood20: 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
[size=28pt]THIS IS ENOUGH PROOF OF THE KIND OF PEOPLE WE HAVE IN GOVERNMENT.
UNCIVILIZED MONKEYS AND APES WHO WOULD BE MORE AT HOME IN THEIR JUNGLE THAN IN THE CORRIDORS OF POWER. THAT IS WHY I CANNOT RAISE MY INNOCENT CHILDREN IN NIGERIA. BECAUSE WITH POLICE OFFICERS SUFFERING THESE INDIGNITIES NO LIFE IS SAFE IN NIGERIA.
[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari / The Real Reasons Saraki Couldn’t Proceed With Onnoghen Case At Supreme Court-SR / Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.