Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14768 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JallowBah(f): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2013
bukatyne: There is no prejudice against muslims. If you are a genuine christian, you will know there is no half christian half muslim. And a christian can't marry more than one wife! Dust your Bible and read it again.

Google is your friend.

There is different kind of christians, and different kinds of muslims. Again, google is your friend.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2013
JallowBah:

Google is your friend.

There is different kind of christians, and different kinds of muslims. Again, google is your friend.
There is only one type of christian dear. I don't need to google what i can confirm in my Bible.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
samkoro:

Lord is a simple term humans bear.Judges answer lord in court.Its no big deal.Do not listen to personal opinions,just read the bible and understand first hand. Jesus did every thing with Gods power.Jesus is the human being while christ is the highly placed spirit from God.
thanks for u to know that Jesus is human being like u and i.......i guess u are jehovah witness member,they are the only Christians that reasons with their brain not their asssssss that Jesus is the messenger which lack power to do anything by himself .
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JallowBah(f): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
bukatyne: There is only one type of christian dear. I don't need to google what i can confirm in my Bible.

Yeah, thats why you have catholics, mormones, protestants, Jehova Witness, Pilgrims, etc, etc.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
JallowBah:

Google is your friend.

incorrect
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ginamkpe: 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
MARRY HIM AND YOU WILL HAVE ETERNAL REGRETS,FOR THE BIBLE HAS ALREADY SAID 'DO NOT BE EVENLY YOKED WITH AN UNBELIEVER'LIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DARKNESS!!!
PLS THINK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE HERE ON EARTH AND IN THE AFTERLIFE.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
kasheemawo: thanks for u to know that Jesus is human being like u and i.......i guess u are jehovah witness member,they are the only Christians that reasons with their brain not their asssssss that Jesus is the messenger which lack power to do anything by himself .

Jesus was sent to do God's will

John 6:38
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me."

Philippians 2:9-11
"Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Muslim Sheikh gets owned and admits Jesus is the word of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDkQUg_JrNk&playnext=1&list=PLC2CD99D0B26C6D99&feature=results_video
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by nlmonpoint(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
The bible say, ye shall search for the truth and only the truth shall set ye free. The only truthi am seeing here is LOVE and pls let it reign and don't tamper with it in the name of Borrowed / imported Religions !!! God is One, that I know fully well. Love is unity so let the 2 become 1 in holy matrimony. As for the path the children would follow, God will surely lead d family on the path of righteousness !!! REGARDS @poster
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Mintayo(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pls y is it tthat the quran commands that a muslim guy can marry a xtain woman bt a muslim woman cnt marry a xtain brother

That is the answer 2 ur question!
The fact that u r of different religion and believes disqualifies dis union!
Pls 4ur sake and d sake of ur children pls dnt try it,4get abt lov,d question is dt doe ur guy really lovs u enof 2 allow u 2 practice ur religion and is he strong enof nt 2 bow down 2his family and imams pressure 2 change or better-still force u 2 practice islam-bcus dt is d reason y d quran givs d command so that der cn b more muslims and d children will also b forced...BE WISE!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
some-girl:

Jesus was sent to do God's will

John 6:38
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me."

Philippians 2:9-11
"Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Muslim Sheikh gets owned and admits Jesus is the word of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDkQUg_JrNk&playnext=1&list=PLC2CD99D0B26C6D99&feature=results_video
sent? U have agreed now is a messenger of God.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Mintayo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
[kasheemawo] it is inside the bible to bow down before God but the verses have been removed through reviewing&upgrading of bible every 50years.....lemme ask qst why cerubum and serafu(lol) are stil bowing ? Is just because they are stil using old bible.....to be candid Muslims dont worship stone but we face the direction of the Great house.

GREAT HOUSE!!?? Pls elucidate!!!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mintayo: [kasheemawo] it is inside the bible to bow down before God but the verses have been removed through reviewing&upgrading of bible every 50years.....lemme ask qst why cerubum and serafu(lol) are stil bowing ? Is just because they are stil using old bible.....to be candid Muslims dont worship stone but we face the direction of the Great house.

GREAT HOUSE!!?? Pls elucidate!!!
first mosque
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kwaraguy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
The major problems in marriage nowadays is due to d fact dat d 2 sides dnt put themselves in2 consideration anymore, but instead their comunity, friends, religion and so many unnecesary shits. A happy relationship will lead 2 a happy home and vise versa. Shikenah!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
kasheemawo: sent? U have agreed now is a messenger of God.

"sent" ~ deliberate choice of word.
The man Jesus (Yeshua)was God's Word sent to the world in human form.
Prior to his existence as man, he wasn't called Jesus.

John 1 -5, 9-14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
.....The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:30
I and the Father are one.

John 8:56-58

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am

John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Anyways, this is no debate. Back to OP's question
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by joshua8862(m): 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
kasheemawo: Am a Muslim guy and engaged to Christian lady since there is true love;now she can read and write in Arabic even telling me sometimes to go and pray,OP if you truly loves him and he loves u too pls go ahead of your second dating......
who go say em mama soup no swt? U r only lying guy.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
I wont advice you to marry him, its no good except you are prepared to b the 1st wife out of 4 and ready to be given a sack letter 1 year after the marriage(it may not happen to you, but it is allowed In islam as long as he gives you 3months notice). YOU have to read and understand the koran before you marry him because he is going to act based on the book.
People hear talk about love, but its not love that keeps a marriage. Love should be 1 of the reasons but not the main reason you marry. As my pastor would say love is blind but marriage is an 'eye opener'.
I'm not saying the marriage would not work but its rare
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
simpleseyi:

This person is an illetrate who unfortunately can read and write and even operate the computer. Please if you know any voodoo that can tie people down please give me, I want to tie Sanusi Lamido down so that I can empty CBN vault. NONSENSICAL

Ignorance is bliss!

You have been put in a cage for far to long.... find out from ppl who believe are the real Muslim(hausa man)
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
some-girl:

John 1 -5, 9-14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
.....The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

am sorry;i can't read this garbage.u are quoting bible of your choice whereas there are many other versions saying diff things.so how do u want me to believe what u quoted when d same bible wil give different words.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
kasheemawo: am sorry;i can't read this garbage.u are quoting bible of your choice whereas other there are many other versions saying diff things.

you ask a question, it's answered from the Bible.
no one's fault you can't read.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
joshua8862: who go say em mama soup no swt? U r only lying guy.
to God am saying the fact and if u want to know her call me on this number 0 i wil give you her Facebook username.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by wazobiaforu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
samkoro: My honest advice is to know the
Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Mohamed-claimed he was not sure of heaven.Thus u alway say -may peace be unto him.pbuh

Jesus-Is in heaven. Moslems believe he is the only one who has so far made heaven

Muhammad..forced his adopted son(Zaid Ibn Harithah) to unwillingly divorce his beautifull new wife Zaynab for him to marry. Surah 33:37-50. King david fail into a similar temptation with another mans wife but Jehovah rebuked him

Jesus..tought principles of faithfullness and good marriage.

Mohamed./Allah--.authorised Mutah- a form of prostitution Surah 4:24 ,surah 5:87

Jesus--never

Mohamed/Allah--Permits husbands to beat their wives for misbehaviour.Surah 4:34

Jesus--never did

Mohamed--Allah claimed to lead astray to hell.Surah 16:93, 13:27b, 25:8-9, 42:44,surah74:31

Jesus- Jehovah never does that.His words never changes

Mohamed--Allah says all black people must go to hell and that he hates the blackman.Surah 70:21,surah 17:100, (Mishkat vol III,page 117)

Jesus--promised those who believe in Jehovah haven sent him as a sacrifice to cleanse the sin of Adam that we inherited,and live righteously as christians,shall gain salvation and make heaven

Mohamed-said there is no moslem that shall not go to hell .Surah 19:71-72. After hundreds of thousands of years in hell Allah will then look at the ZEBIBA(sign of prostration) and then poor water of life on their skeletons to regain flesh b4 meeting the virgin. What a long route if its true.But this false hood.

The bible truth is that no one that goes to hell comes out.Mohamed said that only 700000 of his followers will enter paradise.
Mohamed.. Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)

Jesus. Said God loves everyone. 
(John 3:16)

Mohamed "I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
 is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
 is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)

Jesus. "He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

Mohamed. Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206)

Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)

Mohamed. Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not steal."
(Matthew 19:18)

Mohamed. Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."
(Matthew 19:18)

Mohamed. Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901)

Jesus. Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Mohamed. Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)

Jesus. Beheaded no one.

Mohamed Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)

Jesus. Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

Mohamed. "If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)

Jesus. "If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)

Mohamed. Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)

Jesus "Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)

Mohamed. Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)

Jesus. Was celibate.

Mohamed. Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)

Jesus. Did not Be Intimate with children.

Mohamed. Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)

Jesus Never harmed a woman. 

Mohamed. "O you who believe!  Fight those of the
 unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)

Jesus "Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)

Mohamed. Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq )

Jesus Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence. 

Mohamed Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)

Jesus Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.

Mohamed Encouraged his men to Molestation enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)

Jesus Never encouraged Molestation.
Never enslaved women. 

Mohamed. Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)

Jesus "The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Mohamed. Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)

Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

Mohamed. "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)

Jesus. "Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)

Mohamed Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440)

Jesus Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)

Mohamed Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743)

Jesus Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)

Mohamed What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149)

Jesus What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)

Mohamed Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)

Jesus Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)

Mohamed Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute.

Jesus Demanded nothing for himself. 
Died without possessions.

Mohamed Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)

Jesus gave his life for others, Was crucified himself.

Mohamed. According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413)

Jesus. According to his followers:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere)

----------------------
I love all your qoutes because I see that you only have the mind of critics, ₪o problem if that is what you want, but before I embark on a critics debate with you with FACT, I need τ̅o know what branch/type of christien are you? Jehovah witness? Celestian? Catholic? CAC? Redeemer? Latter day saint? 7 days adventist? Winners? Ε.t.c ( make it sweet by saying all are christian)
I have taken my time τ̅☺ read all those verses in the Quran and I have see your weakness of God love and knowledge but power of critics in you.
Please am a matured person with open eyes,fact and experiences so don't let us fight but help others to learn from us. Thanks
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by wazobiaforu(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
some-girl:

John 1 -5, 9-14

Hello babe, thanks for all the verses and evidence, I think they are all TRUE and I think they are also in the Quran but people give different meaning τ̅☺ word τ̅☺ suit them, am sure Muslims should accept most of what you qouted just that they won't accept Jesus is GOD,and I guess you don't call him God also,but if you are let us know, so I will know what to say..I want τ̅☺ learn and want you τ̅☺ learn also, I have my Bible and Quran with me always and softcopy on ma phone( only a fool will forbid to read them for wisdom). Let start to learn
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by somegirl1: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Hello babe, thanks for all the verses and evidence, I think they are all TRUE and I think they are also in the Quran but people give different meaning τ̅☺ word τ̅☺ suit them, am sure Muslims should accept most of what you qouted just that they won't accept Jesus is GOD,and I guess you don't call him God also,but if you are let us know, so I will know what to say..I want τ̅☺ learn and want you τ̅☺ learn also, I have my Bible and Quran with me always and softcopy on ma phone( only a fool will forbid to read them for wisdom). Let start to learn

In a different thread my dear, let's not derail completely this.
Create a new topic and let me know
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Dynmyt: 11:40am On May 13, 2022
kasheemawo:
Am a Muslim guy and engaged to Christian lady since there is true love;now she can read and write in Arabic even telling me sometimes to go and pray,OP if you truly loves him and he loves u too pls go ahead of your second dating......
Are u sure you did not pressure her to convert?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Dynmyt: 11:42am On May 13, 2022
sayso:
my wife's friend was in your position some years back and she married the guy.Six years later they are still married and very happy together. Need I say they are still attending to their individual faith.
Individual faitj, so i will now have kids that some will attend church others will go mosque... I will now raise future rivals in my household
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Dynmyt: 11:45am On May 13, 2022
enigmagu1:
if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid ani advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....
It still happens today.. "he is the best in the world" yen yen yen. Try and tell him to convert to your religion you will know he is not the best afterall, but will gladly convert you.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Emma2Seconds: 4:26pm On May 13, 2022
Is like guys are not too much running for you! no try muslim u better run for your dear life now that is not too late.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Blunttruth: 5:26pm On May 13, 2022
Love is all you need
Love isn't enough
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by babaalagbo11(m): 6:11pm On May 13, 2022
Don't let religion, ethnicity,age stop your LOVE if it truly exist between you two that's the most important

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sells Kidney To Buy Engagement-Ring, Gets Dumped / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava / Which Tribe Their Girls Gives The Best Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.