Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14767 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by wolos4real: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote author=foliks]I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my..
Firstly,love is not enof in marriage u may love ur curent guy now but wen it comes to religiol mata my sister tink twice all I cud advice u is dat gv second chance to ur ex......av seen xtians and muslim in dsame city,state,town peacefully but not in dsame roof peacefuly but ur own mayb first time.a word is enof for d wise
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by amiskurie(m): 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
I never thought of religion before toasting a girl and only God knws what religion I'm gonna marry from.be it buddah,jew or christian...as long as God and love is involved. undecided
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mutaalim(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ms_Steph: pls tell me d benefits I want to know. Pls poster don't let any1 deceive u here. If u are not willing to change ur religion no nid 4 dat marriage. As 4 ur ex bf don't go back to him even if u marry him he will still cheat on u nd say after all u knew his lifestyle b4 u married him
Thank You< Ms Steph
Let me just list few among many others
Your right on your husband

Your husband is to feed/cloth you till death
Your husband is responsible for the daily running in terms of (shelter bills e.t.c) No 50/50 N0 50/50

few among many others

Regards
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by doctorbabs(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
wazobia_for_u: So many people have not learn from others mistake, there are so many people that are living in sadness now because they left what MARRIAGE is for, (LOVE) for another thing ( Money,Fame,Ethnic,Religion,Color) if you ever marry because of this then you are having your marriage attach to something that can not hold you back when fall, is only LOVE that can hold you back.
Its better if you can meet a marriage councellor because many people here will advice you with a bias mind, imagine : davroca16, Eze Promoe, they spoke only on the religion perspective and said nothing about your first BF.
There are many Christian men that marry more than one wives now, some are even pastors, check within your street and your family and also you will see some muslims that never cheated on their wife talkless of having more than one, there are millions of muslim that now smoke and drink alcohol in which there religion forbid it while you see xtian that never taste alcohol before even xtianity permit it to some extent.
My advice for you is that, try to know him very well, if he is the type that carry religion for head (dont marry extremist) but if he has all you want and not decieving you, then hook to him
As for your first BF, the first relationship someone has in his/her life is the Best considering if you are mature by then, and if that relationship fail and full of sorrow, i doubt if the relationship will ever work again because you are now full of experiences and your best was given at first.
Dont be suprise many that advice you to go for something else apart love will go for love if they were in your shoes.

You can attack me and call me atheist, you fools
. am telling u religion will neva allow dis country to grow, why are we deceiving ourself as if polyggamy is perculiar to muslims, according to our holy is allow to mary more than one wife but not compulsory, abi whay is essemce of one wife, thousands concubines outside. who is decebong who?. if lady love the muslim guy let her go ahead if she ready to practise his faith or look for broda ezekiel in ur denomination

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice

Do you want the truth or do you want people to tell you what you want to hear?
I will give you the nak.ed truth.

Are you a Christian or a church goer?
If you are indeed a Christian ,you should know what your Bible tells you about unequal yoking
do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers your Bible says.

People can give you all sorts of examples but what does God say about your marriage with a non Christian?
It is outside the will of God for you and it is clear
If he is not ready to be a Christian,forget about him
A Nigerian woman in London was stabbed to death the other day by her Muslim partner because he wanted the children to be raised Muslims
That is the dilemma you will be faced,what will your children be?

If you truly believe that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world and died on the cross for you and that no one comes to the father but by him,why on earth would you even consider marriage with a non believer?

open your Bible and read it and allow God to lead you.

Marriage is tough in itself,them to add an unbelieving to the mix
Who are you going to pray a prayer of agreement with when things are not going right?
What scripture will he admonish with?
What principles will you teach your children
Have you thought about other women on your matrimonial bed along the line

[size=18pt]Do not let this young man sweet talk you or deekmatize you into a funke Akindele mess

The Scripture is clear but the choice is still yours

If you want a big sister to talk more on this issue,email me
Cheers
[/size]

Btw forget that old BF

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by HARDDON: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
i am usually very free minded with all and their issues no matter how crazy but this one? nah!

there is no two ways about it dear gurl: no, no debate;

true christains obey the word of God and live their lives daily by it.

and what does the word of God say?: Be not Unequally yorked with Unbelievers!

what relationship has light with darkness? we are the light of the world.

it is eida he gives his life to Christ and be born again, or you call it quits.

God is LOVE and he truely cant comprehend love until he comes to Christ.

and as for the other guy, he is still a babe, you deserve better.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Siddeek: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
D muslim guy too is very silly. Opon all d fyn fyn muslim gals wey de evrywhr. Na xtian lady hm go pick wey go com spoil d morals of hm children. Shame on dat guy. Mek i catch my sef say i even admire xtian lady tok more of marriage issue

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by doctorbabs(m): 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
bunmila:
That christian lady has totally lost her way and needs serious prayers
. let ur mumu pastor look for husnand for her in ir church abi na by force to marry musl guy
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by dridowu: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Undastanding each is d most imp tin in marage, my dad a practising muslim, my mum a practisng christian, 35years of marraige and still counting. GOD SO GRATEFUL TO MY PARENT AND FAMILY

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by shyna501: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
2me it's nt a big deal 4a xtian lady 2 marry a muslim guy bt D kind of gap btw christians Ä♌ð muslims ΐƨ jst too wide... Especially if Ʊ see pple's bliv Ä♌ð comments concerning religious issues in NAIRALAND. Only God can help us!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
...if you are cool with your children becoming muslims (even if you do not want to convert) then no problem. Because that will definitely be an issue down the line
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by IYANGBALI: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dik don finish for church?nonsense

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Belloladan(m): 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, the muslims believe's in jesus and muhammed as messengers and prophet of God while xtians do not believe in muhammed so! as for this reason a muslm is allowed to married a xtian lady but, its not allowed for a muslim lady to be married by a xtian
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kpencheruwe: 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!

Please give full explanation.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
dridowu: Undastanding each is d most imp tin in marage, my dad a practising muslim, my mum a practisng christian, 35years of marraige and still counting. GOD SO GRATEFUL TO MY PARENT AND FAMILY

Why not the other way around
How many Muslim girls with Christian husbands exist?
His Koran allows him to marry a Christian woman he did
Her Bible advices against marrying a Muslim she did not heed that injunction,truth be told
Somebody does not know their Bible obviously
How many step mothers do you have,please tell us
And what religion are you?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kpencheruwe: 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim:

Count your yourself among the luckiest person on earth for the opportunity Allah has already bestowed on me (as long as you will become a muslima)you will see the benefit, reward ................

Regards

Good talk.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Just wait till his imam tells him to kill any infidel around and you will see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kpencheruwe: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
enigmagu1: if he will chng frm darkness to light den marry him....what communion has light with darknessss?
If truly ur a born again christain den u shud knw wat is good for u and wat is not.
D Bible made it clear dat we shud not be equally yoked together wit d unbelievers..

You dnt nid ani advice just follow bible instruction...
Goodluck....

And the Quran allows marriage between a male muslim and a female xtian or jew
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
bunmila:
That christian lady has totally lost her way and needs serious prayers
how? Can u explain yourself ? Those fo.ols that like ur comment can assist u.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kpencheruwe: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
nwando:

If you are indeed a Christian ,you should know what your Bible tells you about unequal yoking

People can give you all sorts of examples but what does God say about your marriage with a non Christian?
A Nigerian woman in London was stabbed to death the other day by her Muslim partner because he wanted the children to be raised Muslims

If you truly believe that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world and died on the cross for you and that no one comes to the father but by him,why on earth would you even consider marriage with a non believer?

Who are you going to pray a prayer of agreement with when things are not going right?

[size=18pt]Do not let this young man sweet talk you or deekmatize you into a funke Akindele mess

If you want a big sister to talk to more on this issue,email me
Cheers
[/size]

Btw forget that old BF

They call muslims unbelievers but if a muslim refer to xtians as kafir them go bribg doen the whole NL!
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
thr is no crime in u marrying a muslim> The muslim guy must not force u to change to islam as part of islamic principles but if u know more about the religion and convince then u can be a muslim u have many rights as a xtian marring muslim
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
kpencheruwe:

They call muslims unbelievers but if a muslim refer to xtians as kafir them go bribg doen the whole NL!

Maybe because there is a call by the Koran to hunt down and kill the unbelievers

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Ericsdm55(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Want an honest advice?, then run as fast as ur foot can tek u.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Firstly, i'll advice you not to label yourself a Christian. It's not everyone that goes to church that is a christian. If you were a Christian, then you'll have no reason being with someone whose belief is at variance with the bible. I'm quoting the bible.
are u quoting from Queen James version
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ericsdm55: Want an honest advice?, then run as fast as ur foot can tek u.

Please say it louder
She won't say she hasn't been warned
She can choose to listen to you or the Muslim men luring her into hotel california,a place of unknown outcome

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Parnassuss(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim:

Count your yourself among the luckiest person on earth for the opportunity Allah has already bestowed on me (as long as you will become a muslima)you will see the benefit, reward ................

Regards

Owaddafoook?

@Poster I dont know about marriage, but as a man I would stomach anything from a woman I love. Also is religion not God's issue? Let him decide, go on and make urself happy, ur aunt cam always be won over when she sees just how right you were
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
kasheemawo: are u quoting from Queen James version
It all means the same irrespective of the version.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by souleymon(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Saksreal:
Fallacy of irrelevant conclusion.

[size=18pt]Ignorance is truly a disease[/size]
Badly those infected never know
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
nwando:

Cheers
[/size]

Btw forget that old BF

with thinking like this, tis country is sure in for zillion centuries of trouble. no ope for naija
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
nwando:

Cheers
[/size]

Btw forget that old BF

with thinking like this, this country is sure in for zillion centuries of trouble. no ope for naija
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by beejaay: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
nwando:

Cheers
[/size]

Btw forget that old BF

with thinking like this, this country is sure in for zillion centuries of trouble. no ope for naija
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Jazzgreen(m): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
[b]if im to giv an advice, i knw very well dat u wud want ur children to be christians and so wud he want dem to be muslims too.now as d man,his decision surpasses,how wud u feel seein all ur kids bein muslims,u'll feel alone nd discriminated in ur own home cos they wil treat u lik some1 who is nt serving GOD,i knw muslims,dnt try opposin me on dis,-now dats a DIVIDED HOME,is dat d kinda married life u want?...but since u said 4 out of his 7 siblings are christians now,den tel him to becom a christian too if he truely loves u.afterall,his siblings dat did it are nt dead now. If he refuses,RUN FOR UR LIFE...remember wat happened to solomon,even though he was d man of d house in control,he later joined his wives to worship other gods,let alone a woman lik u who is under ur husband,i bet in d later days,after marriage,he wud start tellin u somethins about islam wit d motive of converting u,dis is nt an assumption,its a FACT....in fact,u can call it a PROPHESY cos im sure it wud come to pass.for ur ex,4get him.by d way, are these two men d only on earth? If ur new bf refuses joinin christianity,den he's nt ready.cos i beliv if its true love, he shud be able to forfeit certains tinz.if he cant forfeit his religion to join urs.HELL NO to dat relationship.NO SAY I NO TELL U oo.GOODLUCK,may GOD GUID U IN JESUS NAME-AMEN[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Most Curvy Nigerian Instagram Slay Queen I Have Ever Seen / Man Sells Kidney To Buy Engagement-Ring, Gets Dumped / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.