Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,635 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? (14766 Views)

Is It Okay For A Good Christian/muslim, To Invest In Hotel Business?. / Is It Right For A Christian Woman To Say These Things? (photo) / Christian/muslim Union In Distress. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by simpleseyi: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
ripo: Hmmm... I am seeing dis from a different angle. I think the Op is in a very big trouble. She needs serious fasting and prayer 2 break her from dis 'bondage'. I understand dat some muslim peeps use some fetish means (ofcourse, gud muslims dont encourage dis) to tie down gals of their choice. Such a gal will not see anytin gud in other mean while stil under d influence. The spell naturally breaks after some yrs, but d damage might have been done. Op, if u can be in ur senses, this is d time u need 2 be close 2 God. (Btw, u never told us if both of u are of same tribes, sharing dsame culture eg Yoruba-Yoruba. Dat could mean another tin entirely. Just saying o)

This person is an illetrate who unfortunately can read and write and even operate the computer. Please if you know any voodoo that can tie people down please give me, I want to tie Sanusi Lamido down so that I can empty CBN vault. NONSENSICAL
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by seanet01: 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
My Dear girl, go for your mind. I can honestly tell you that Marrying an Understanding and Genuine Muslim is the best thing that can happen to you and vice versa too.
Don't let anybody deceive you with religious differences.
If he is your kind of man, go for it.
FYI, am a Practising Muslim currently engaged to A Catholic Christian. I left a Muslim lady for her and she is the best thing to happen to me i swear.
Use your brain. Think of Pastors that died and several illegal wives surfaced. Think of Muslim clerics that died and more than four wives attested to having a child for him.
Religion does not corrupt love if you use your brains

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by AZeD1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
davroca16: Apart from the fact that ur not going to be the first, second, or third wife, the holy bible is not in support of that....
where in the Holy bible was it stated that a christain cannot marry a muslim?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by simpleseyi: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
Pastor Chris Okotie has married two born again Xtians at different times, today he has divorced them at different times. Tinubu and Fashola are muslims who are happily married to Xtians.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by seanet01: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
simpleseyi: Pastor Chris Okotie has married two born again Xtians at different times, today he has divorced them at different times. Tinubu and Fashola are muslims who are happily married to Xtians.
God bless you jare. Some nairalanders are just ignorant
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by AZeD1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
OP Do what your heart tells you... All those people who are saying a xtain cannot be unequally yoked with a Muslim are the Pharisee Jesus was talking about in the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ripo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
simpleseyi:

This person is an illetrate who unfortunately can read and write and even operate the computer. Please if you know any voodoo that can tie people down please give me, I want to tie Sanusi Lamido down so that I can empty CBN vault. NONSENSICAL
Mtcheew... Thank God u know I can read and write. Kini omode mo? (wetin small pikin sabi?). I wont insult u, but only pray u wont be a victim.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
murtalaa: my only reservation for marrying a christian girl is that i detest leftovers. Despite abhorrence of premarital sex in the bible, christian of nowardays have made premarital sex a pastime..So no christian girl for me...only a god fearing, untapped muslim girl.
Haha! Na 2day? Dm burku 4 schl na! *untaped muslim gal indid* Me tinks it's tym u wek up 4rm ya slumber, cuz ur 'untaped muslim gals' r nw champions!!! Al dat wearin of hijab na big tym wash.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by epmmiks: 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
If u tuelly know Jesus, u will dislike that kind of forbidden relationship. Escape for ur dear life. Meanwhile get born again and d Light of the glorious gospel will flood ur heart with peace in Jesus name. If u stubbornly go ahead to marry a muslim in about 10yrs time when u are supposed to be counting ur blessings in marriage, ur muslim in laws will pressurize their son to take a second wife and a third and then a fourth wife. I have seen it happen recently.

foliks: I am a christian lady dating a Muslim guy for about a year now,the guy has been everything a woman can ever ask for in a man. Before I met him I dated my first boyfriend for 5yrs but those years were the saddest years of my life and each time I try to leave,he comes back begging and another relationship.

I was supposed to have left me because he found out my first boyfriend is still around now my first bf is back begging again and has gone to beg my aunty. Now my aunty who is like my mum cos my biological mum is dead has refused to support my new relationship and even said I should give my ex another chance since my new bf is a Muslim and now we are not even speaking to each other because she feels my new relationship is the reason am not accepting him back...

I don't know what to do,please what do you advice
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by webguru(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
Be not unequally yoked... There will be pressure on the Man to convert you to Islam...

Do you really wanna lose your Christian faith?

Not enjoy worship/praise/family altars with your husband?

Don't do it dear... If he aint a christian, I dont see it ending well
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by amanyi4u(m): 12:00am On Jan 18, 2013
I dont no what's the problem of Nigerians. Why are you carried away by religion? If you're a christian today, is because you were born one. Same applied to the muslims. I believe what we should be more concern with is the person you're interacting with and not the religion. Before Islam and Christianity, we no the marry for this country? Make una no bring quarrel o.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Mobsync(m): 1:09am On Jan 18, 2013
wazobia_for_u: So many people have not learn from others mistake, there are so many people that are living in sadness now because they left what MARRIAGE is for, (LOVE) for another thing ( Money,Fame,Ethnic,Religion,Color) if you ever marry because of this then you are having your marriage attach to something that can not hold you back when fall, is only LOVE that can hold you back.
Its better if you can meet a marriage councellor because many people here will advice you with a bias mind, imagine : davroca16, Eze Promoe, they spoke only on the religion perspective and said nothing about your first BF.
There are many Christian men that marry more than one wives now, some are even pastors, check within your street and your family and also you will see some muslims that never cheated on their wife talkless of having more than one, there are millions of muslim that now smoke and drink alcohol in which there religion forbid it while you see xtian that never taste alcohol before even xtianity permit it to some extent.
My advice for you is that, try to know him very well, if he is the type that carry religion for head (dont marry extremist) but if he has all you want and not decieving you, then hook to him
As for your first BF, the first relationship someone has in his/her life is the Best considering if you are mature by then, and if that relationship fail and full of sorrow, i doubt if the relationship will ever work again because you are now full of experiences and your best was given at first.
Dont be suprise many that advice you to go for something else apart love will go for love if they were in your shoes.

You can attack me and call me atheist, you fools

gbam! I love this, if only other people could see things indifferently, the world would be such a better place. Although, I'm a Muslim, I believe in religion equality and right to worship and belong to any religious group you want. Muslims do theirs, Christian do theirs but nowadays all we have is religious abuse. Some people don't even understand their religion yet they insult other people's religion. Look at most of all these people saying jargons, you'll be surprised that most of the Christians amongst them haven't entered a church this year (some have even forgotten the way to their church) and the Muslims...smh (i laugh in HD), I bet most of them can't even perform abolution.

NB: before una start to dem yab me, I'm not sure if the spelling of abolution (or is it abulution) is correct. So if it is incorrect, just correct me, no sweatcheesy
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Tunbolity(m): 1:41am On Jan 18, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Dating is advisable for you two but marriage? Hell no. If it leads to marriage, then you're a sad being forever. Islam don't support equality between men and women!
Truly,ignorance is a disease! Talk of any religion that guarantees the rights of women and gives them sense of belonging,its Islam
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by JOYCEOUS(f): 2:08am On Jan 18, 2013
Mobsync:
NB: before una start to dem yab me, I'm not sure if the spelling of abolution (or is it abulution) is correct. So if it is incorrect, just correct me, no sweatcheesy
hehehe!!! C ur hed, I tink it's spelt ABLUTION.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Gudiza(m): 2:26am On Jan 18, 2013
Tonnes of Bull crap!

If you love him enough just be ready to fukcing let go and convert to Islam. I don't know why people usually like to complicate issues with these questions. It’s funny that in today’s tribal Nigeria, a **whatever** lady marries a muslim and expects their children to be **not muslim**? Just worship god anyhow.

What I'm saying is simple. If you love him be ready to accept the pressure from everywhere because that's how they are so don't complain. why would you even want to still be a christian in his home and bring about division. The religion should not matter, become hajia today, enjoy ur mullah and bask in the 'religion of peace'.

If the relationship goes sour, then well, you are not the first....

...neither would you be the last to shed lonely & quiet tears of sorrow in the deep of the dark.

Source: I'd seen this shit b4 & it sure ain't pretty
***listening to keyshia coles 'sent from heaven'***
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Carius(m): 3:23am On Jan 18, 2013
Sometimes I fee like hugging some nairaland members.I am a realist.in R/ships we discover that most times,love is just not enough.I've learnt a lot from this thread..
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Mobsync(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2013
JOYCEOUS: hehehe!!! C ur hed, I tink it's spelt ABLUTION.

thanks, notedcheesy
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by foliks(f): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2013
Tanx to all those who gave quality advice and to dose who started by being a Judge in a supreme court,kudos to u bt one thing I hate most in sum people is hw dey call themselves "christians" instead of "CRITICS" evn Jesus made it clear that we are not allowed to judge bt sum christians continue to judge without evn askin questions and den forget to win souls because rather than preaching,they crucify,if Jesus had done that when He came,I jst wonder where we'll all be by nw so to those who sat in the corners of u house callin me all sort of names,may God forgive u anyway am not surprised because most of u ran to God cause u had problems so you cant rily know much,u call people sinners forgeting what u do in secret,God have mercy on us all
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by akanni79(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2013
sorry for this, if u are christian truely, not church goer u wouldn't have anything with muslim. Do u believe that GOD can give u ur husband within ur fold and faith, if u marry him u must follow him to the mosque if u want to do the right thing. Pls. Think b/4 u do it.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by ParisLove1: 8:37am On Jan 18, 2013
foliks: Tanx to all those who gave quality advice and to dose who started by being a Judge in a supreme court,kudos to u bt one thing I hate most in sum people is hw dey call themselves "christians" instead of "CRITICS" evn Jesus made it clear that we are not allowed to judge bt sum christians continue to judge without evn askin questions and den forget to win souls because rather than preaching,they crucify,if Jesus had done that when He came,I jst wonder where we'll all be by nw so to those who sat in the corners of u house callin me all sort of names,may God forgive u anyway am not surprised because most of u ran to God cause u had problems so you cant rily know much,u call people sinners forgeting what u do in secret,God have mercy on us all
Hello folixs,

I think the bold part is bit fallacious, Jesus never implied that we should never judge at all. Evil certainly has to be condemned. Not to judge doesn't mean you won't condemn evil. Rom2;1 Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when you judge others and do the same thing they do, you condemn yourself." In another place Jesus said first remove the peck in your eyes before you see the log of wood in others. He never said don't remove that peck. What the bible is preaching against is hypocrisy. You cannot condemn when you do the same thing.

Back to your question am certain you've received many advices/warnings from both sides. Some Christians here think it's ok others think it's not. Virtually all the muslims here think it's alright. But what if the tables is turned around and it's muslim sister wanting to marry a Christian what would be their advice? No i guess given that their own Quran prohibit that kind of union. You should checkout this thread it make an interesting reading www.nairaland.com/1061098/non-muslims-vs-muslims-debate-work
As for me speaking from the bible perspective i don't think it a great idea. We've a lots Christian/Muslim marriages out there faring better than C/C and M/M ones for now. A lot tough decisions are gonna have to be, a lot sacrifices too. How you two will tolerate the dos and don'ts of both religion? Are you okay with your kids being a muslim? Would he want them to be a Christian? Hope you two will talk this kinda of things out before getting into it. Don't think it doesn't matter it does a lot.

See these stories from some ladies that have been in the type situation you're trying to put yourself into.
[url=alisina.org/blog/2011/08/10/marrying-a-muslim-man/]Marrying Muslim man[/url]

[url=alisina.org/blog/2012/08/07/there-is-a-frog-inside-every-muslim-prince-charming/]This[/url]

[url=alisina.org/blog/2012/12/19/bitter-love-another-saga-of-a-muslim-man-and-a-western-woman/]And this[/url]

In the end it's your life and the choice is yours to make, i hope you make the right one
Take care
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by mutaalim(m): 9:09am On Jan 18, 2013
foliks: Tanx to all those who gave quality advice and to dose who started by being a Judge in a supreme court,kudos to u bt one thing I hate most in sum people is hw dey call themselves "christians" instead of "CRITICS" evn Jesus made it clear that we are not allowed to judge bt sum christians continue to judge without evn askin questions and den forget to win souls because rather than preaching,they crucify,if Jesus had done that when He came,I jst wonder where we'll all be by nw so to those who sat in the corners of u house callin me all sort of names,may God forgive u anyway am not surprised because most of u ran to God cause u had problems so you cant rily know much,u call people sinners forgeting what u do in secret,God have mercy on us all

Welldone @foliks
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by omobadan(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2013
I don't think religion has got anything to do with who u'll date or marry. Those that are talking about someone being an unbeliever are not real. I've yet to see a disastrous marriage caused by differences in faith. Talk to your aunty & let her know u care for your muslim boyfriend. Tell her u're old enough to make decisions for yourself. Also discuss religion issue with your muslim boyfriend if u have any concern regarding faith. What u need in a relationship is love, patience, sacrifice & a whole lot of endurance. Marriage isn't a stroll in the park.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by chronique(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2013
@ OP: I'd not advice you to marry a muslim. There will be issues in future. My late lawyer was a muslim n forbade his wife n children from going to church while He was alive. Albeit,He was a very nice & good man. My last fiancee was a muslim & when I introduced her to my parents as my potential wife,they were not happy. In short,it strained d relationship btw me n my dad. My dad was once a muslim who later converted to Christianity. I loved my fiancee but a point came when we couldn't agree on certain things that had to do with religion. If you guys cant share same views on spirituality,it's gonna be tough. There are things that ur muslim partner would do,that you cant tolerate & vice versa. Marriage is not a good ideafor you guys but if you think you can weather the storm,then it's ur call to make.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by samkoro: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2013
My honest advice is to know the
Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Mohamed-claimed he was not sure of heaven.Thus u alway say -may peace be unto him.pbuh

Jesus-Is in heaven. Moslems believe he is the only one who has so far made heaven

Muhammad..forced his adopted son(Zaid Ibn Harithah) to unwillingly divorce his beautifull new wife Zaynab for him to marry. Surah 33:37-50. King david fail into a similar temptation with another mans wife but Jehovah rebuked him

Jesus..tought principles of faithfullness and good marriage.

Mohamed./Allah--.authorised Mutah- a form of prostitution Surah 4:24 ,surah 5:87

Jesus--never

Mohamed/Allah--Permits husbands to beat their wives for misbehaviour.Surah 4:34

Jesus--never did

Mohamed--Allah claimed to lead astray to hell.Surah 16:93, 13:27b, 25:8-9, 42:44,surah74:31

Jesus- Jehovah never does that.His words never changes

Mohamed--Allah says all black people must go to hell and that he hates the blackman.Surah 70:21,surah 17:100, (Mishkat vol III,page 117)

Jesus--promised those who believe in Jehovah haven sent him as a sacrifice to cleanse the sin of Adam that we inherited,and live righteously as christians,shall gain salvation and make heaven

Mohamed-said there is no moslem that shall not go to hell .Surah 19:71-72. After hundreds of thousands of years in hell Allah will then look at the ZEBIBA(sign of prostration) and then poor water of life on their skeletons to regain flesh b4 meeting the virgin. What a long route if its true.But this false hood.

The bible truth is that no one that goes to hell comes out.Mohamed said that only 700000 of his followers will enter paradise.
Mohamed.. Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)

Jesus. Said God loves everyone. 
(John 3:16)

Mohamed "I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
 is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
 is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)

Jesus. "He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

Mohamed. Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206)

Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)

Mohamed. Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not steal."
(Matthew 19:18)

Mohamed. Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."
(Matthew 19:18)

Mohamed. Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901)

Jesus. Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Mohamed. Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)

Jesus. Beheaded no one.

Mohamed Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)

Jesus. Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

Mohamed. "If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)

Jesus. "If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)

Mohamed. Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)

Jesus "Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)

Mohamed. Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)

Jesus. Was celibate.

Mohamed. Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)

Jesus. Did not Be Intimate with children.

Mohamed. Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)

Jesus Never harmed a woman. 

Mohamed. "O you who believe!  Fight those of the
 unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)

Jesus "Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)

Mohamed. Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq )

Jesus Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence. 

Mohamed Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)

Jesus Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.

Mohamed Encouraged his men to Molestation enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)

Jesus Never encouraged Molestation.
Never enslaved women. 

Mohamed. Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)

Jesus "The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Mohamed. Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)

Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

Mohamed. "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)

Jesus. "Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)

Mohamed Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440)

Jesus Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)

Mohamed Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743)

Jesus Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)

Mohamed What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149)

Jesus What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)

Mohamed Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)

Jesus Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)

Mohamed Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute.

Jesus Demanded nothing for himself. 
Died without possessions.

Mohamed Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)

Jesus gave his life for others, Was crucified himself.

Mohamed. According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413)

Jesus. According to his followers:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere)

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by Nacl: 10:29am On Jan 18, 2013
LADY DONT BE DECEIVED, THEY'LL SLICE OFF UR THROAT THE WAY THEIR PPLE DO IT IN D ABATTOIR & IN ARAB NATIONS
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by topsco(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2013
foliks:
He is single o,nt yet married nd he's from a family of 7 where 4 are nw christian so dey see nothing bad wth being a christian
It may worked for those four,at d same time it doesnt mean it will work u...
IGNORANCE IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE,we overlook.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by demmyboy1(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2013
I see so many people on this forum trying to go against the fact that because the guy is a Muslim does not assure the OP a good relationship, the day we start thinking beyond race/religion/ethnic/tribe is the day we posses the quality of human in this country. As for the OP,you know what is good for yourself and would like to spend the rest of your life with someone you really like, afterall you did said yourself that the 5years relationship you had with your Ex is the worst you've ever faced in life. Stay with the guy that your heart desires,i rest my case.
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by demmyboy1(m): 11:05am On Jan 18, 2013
shocked
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2013
murtalaa: my only reservation for marrying a christian girl is that i detest leftovers. Despite abhorrence of premarital sex in the bible, christian of nowardays have made premarital sex a pastime..So no christian girl for me...only a god fearing, untapped muslim girl.
and muslim girls don't have premartial sex?
Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by kasheemawo(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2013
Samkoro,all d Quran and Hadith that quoted are blatant lies which are wrongly misinterpreted.secondly i give u kudos for knowing that Jesus is a messenger of God (same class wit David,mosses,abraham,noah,Adam etc).if many Christians can reason that Jesus has no power to do anything except wit the will of Almighty God; i think they wouldnt be calling him lord. @OP i love ur courage and dont be discouraged,move on with him.may Almighty God bless the union amin.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2013
JallowBah: Damn, there is a lot of prejudice on muslim people in here..

First; The Quran acknowledge Jesus as a prophet. So the people saying "THE MAN MUST KNOW ABOUT JESUS!!!"...he probably already does.

2: A muslim man can marry more than one woman IF, and only IF, he is able to take care of them equally, and the kids it will lead to.

3: A christian can also marry more than one, and many do.

4: Marriage is about compromise, trust and respect.

I could not have said it better.
The hardest thing for us ( he is a muslim, I am agnostic, brought up liberal-christian ) has been the outsiders trying to influence us.
Stranges, family and friends. It takes much work to keep their prejudice on it all outside, and focus on OUR life and happiness, and how WE can make it better, and enjoy OURSELF.
This is OUR marriage, it does not concern anyone else, as long as it is good for US.

Just remember that you will have to teach your kids about both religions. You will be responsible for the christian part, he will e responsible for the muslim part.
You have to decide on how to do with name-givings for the kids.
Christian school, muslim school, public school...
Sunday school, arabic school.
Pig-meat?
Etc, etc.

You will probably have some more obsticles on the way than others, it depends on how you both are as a person, and HOW religious you both are.
There is no prejudice against muslims. If you are a genuine christian, you will know there is no half christian half muslim. And a christian can't marry more than one wife! Dust your Bible and read it again.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Christian/Muslim Relationship? by samkoro: 11:39am On Jan 18, 2013
kasheemawo: Samkoro,all d Quran and Hadith that quoted are blatant lies which are wrongly misinterpreted.secondly i give u kudos for knowing that Jesus is a messenger of God (same class wit David,mosses,abraham,noah,Adam etc).if many Christians can reason that Jesus has no power to do anything except wit the will of Almighty God; i think they wouldnt be calling him lord. @OP i love ur courage and dont be discouraged,move on with him.may Almighty God bless the union amin.

Lord is a simple term humans bear.Judges answer lord in court.Its no big deal.Do not listen to personal opinions,just read the bible and understand first hand. Jesus did every thing with Gods power.Jesus is the human being while christ is the highly placed spirit from God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sells Kidney To Buy Engagement-Ring, Gets Dumped / I'm so miserable / How To Rebuild Your Relationship With Your Partner After Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.