Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (10724 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 12:08am On Jan 25, 2013
debosky:
Take for example this argument about Sheol/Hades/Hell - of what real value is it to Christians? To be able to say 'I am right and you are wrong?' Knowing the root word of Hell does not take you to heaven, neither does it help you live a life more like Christ.

Hell fire teaching is a reproach to the almighty God and a defamation of his character.

It does not serve the purpose of yahweh to build in love, but foster fear and thrait.

Will you serve such a God with all your heart out of love?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by christemmbassey(m): 8:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^ I do understand you perfectly well. However, I think I stand with using study aids in understanding difficult scriptures, not for the easy issues you've pointed out such as the fundamental elements of our faith. You remember when we had to talk about Hebrews 7:8.

I still see it that there're some scriptures (not all cases) that needs critical examination but not the basic ones though. I won't see it wanting to elevate one's self as above others but I'll see it as to better understand the context of the text. It's all of us that can do all the critical studies but we should all be encouraged to do so, if we can. I can give you many instances from scriptures on the need for critical examination of text if you don't mind.
i hope by now u should know am following you from my random responses to ur posts. Now i support ur views on studying aids but i still prefer the sweet Holy Spirit any day, anytime, yes i will study to show myself approved but only @ the feet of my teacher, super-prof Holy Spirit.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by debosky(m): 9:22am On Jan 25, 2013
truthislight:
Hell fire teaching is a reproach to the almighty God and a defamation of his character.

It does not serve the purpose of yahweh to build in love, but foster fear and thrait.

Will you serve such a God with all your heart out of love?

The fundamental teaching is that there is a place - call it hell fire, hell water, Sheol, Hades or anything else, which is different from going to be with the Father after this life is over. You are free to debate the exact nature and configuration of that place all you want, but it's exact nature is of secondary or even tertiary importance to Christians and how they live their lives daily.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:40am On Jan 25, 2013
Image123: ^^ are you Jesus Christ? thanks lol.
hahaha, really funny. "d life that i live now is not mine, but christ lives in me"
"GOD works in us to will and to accomplish".
In a sense, yeah.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2013
debosky:

The fundamental teaching is that there is a place - call it hell fire, hell water, Sheol, Hades or anything else, which is different from going to be with the Father after this life is over. You are free to debate the exact nature and configuration of that place all you want, but it's exact nature is of secondary or even tertiary importance to Christians and how they live their lives daily.

Young Man.. you have just hit the nail on the head, what does anything matter if it does not contribute to you living a Christ-like Life.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:47am On Jan 25, 2013
deebrain:

I notice it grin
is dat not d point of internet forums? If u dont want to b stalked den dont post on net.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:51am On Jan 25, 2013
truthislight:

Since you both are saying the same thing about hell, i am not surprise you cannot do without each other.

What i wrote is there for all to see.

If the NT is quoting the OT, why do you imagined you should leave the OT to Go to the people?

Did you see "people" in my post? :

are u angry dat i was objective during d discussion?
U said to go to d jews to learn how and what sense of d OT. D jews isnt d OT, d jews are a people.
I dont have time for d accusation charade, so pls dont bring dem.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 25, 2013
debosky:

Wrong again.

When we preach the gospel we must declare the full counsel of God.

You cannot sweep dust under the carpet and tell us the living room is clean, nay, we must totally cleanse the whole place of false doctrine to present a balanced and correct version of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:51am On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong again.

You cannot sweep dust under the carpet and tell us the living room is clean, nay, we must totally cleanse the whole place of false doctrine to present a balanced and correct version of Christianity.
intarasting! Let d arguement bgin!
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by debosky(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong again.

I am not advocating that we declare the 'partial counsel' of God. The issue here is keeping things in the right priority - establish the fundamentals/foundation first, and then people are then able to build on that foundation.

There will always be issues where people differ in terms of their exact interpretation - the focus should never move away from the fundamental issues into rat holes like the exact and specific definition of hell/sheol/hades.

You can have such debates if you wish, but the wider Christian congregation does not need to focus itself on such intellectual and etymological hair splitting - we need to get on with the task of being the light and salt of the earth and displaying Christ in our daily conduct.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 25, 2013
debosky:

I am not advocating that we declare the 'partial counsel' of God. The issue here is keeping things in the right priority - establish the fundamentals/foundation first, and then people are then able to build on that foundation.

Thank you and Paul let's us know what the foundation / fundamentals are :

"Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,[a] and of faith in God, 2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And God permitting, we will do so." - [b]Hebrews 6:1-3

- repentance from dead works
- of which the consequence to ignore is death
- faith in GOD
- Cleansing rites
- laying on of hands
- resurrection of the dead
- eternal judgement

That's it, nothing more and nothing less.

Problem is , 85% of Christians add to this foundation such damnable heresies as eternal torment etc , which muddles up the full picture of the gospel.

My issue is, preach the correct foundation which is Christ and do not add to the word of GOD in the process.

There will always be issues where people differ in terms of their exact interpretation - the focus should never move away from the fundamental issues into rat holes like the exact and specific definition of hell/sheol/hades.

The wrong interpretation of scripture by charlatans, false teachers and the deceived was what plunged Christianity it into one of the darkest periods of man's history i.e the middle ages .

Today we are still seeing the bad fruit of these wrong interpretations such as the tithes and prosperity gospel , word of faith movement, barking like dogs etc , that has left countless Christians hurt, broke and disillusioned.

I agree with your later statement , only so far as the correct context is applied to our teachings.

You can have such debates if you wish, but the wider Christian congregation does not need to focus itself on such intellectual and etymological hair splitting - we need to get on with the task of being the light and salt of the earth and displaying Christ in our daily conduct.

Indeed our conduct is key to the veracity and propagation of the gospel , but how many do we see today displaying this right conduct, I dare say very few.

When we start to preach the word in truth and sincerity and discard our numerous false teachings, we will see more true conversions and deeper longings for holiness and righteous living.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 11:48am On Jan 25, 2013
an hypocrite just typed ETERNAL judgment and denied it in the next sentence. Did anybody see that?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2013
okay, eternal judgement = eternal torment.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by debosky(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
These are the types of 'errors' (of little or no real world significance) that get created when we get too invested on being right down to the smallest detail.

I know some personality types have this desire for exacting detail, but we need to step back from time to time and look at the bigger picture.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
"He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." - Titus 1:9
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Image123:
yada yada, your spinning nonsense. kunle was lying on me, how you can't see that is well, it's you. Only Ubenedictus was humble enough to acknowledge that.

Brother please...i dont get that part "how u cant see that is well, its u"..could u please be as humble as the one u mentioned and acknowledge yr faulty sentences? And which cartoon character are u borrowing yr lines from? (yada yada)...

Try to be relaxed...(ooooh, brother looks to be so tensed)...when replying me...cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 2:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Image123: an hypocrite just typed ETERNAL judgment and denied it in the next sentence. Did anybody see that?

And the brother does his stuff again. Only looking for the holes, so that u can sing yr boring songs of judgement. Why call mr frosbel a hypocrite?...Cant u read the lines and know when a person makes a mistake?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
deebrain:

And the brother does his stuff again. Only looking for the holes, so that u can sing yr boring songs of judgement. Why call mr frosbel a hypocrite?...Cant u read the lines and know when a person makes a mistake?
oh you saw it too! in all things, i give thanks to God.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Image123:
oh you saw it too! in all things, i give thanks to God.

grin (feminine voice over)...deebrain's laughter here was geniune..
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by TheIkoro(m): 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=frosbel post=13872898][/quote]

The most important of all that which you have said can be stated with these words:
If you want to hide a secret from a black man, put it in a book. Regardless of how accessible the book
is, he will NEVER discover the secret. Thus, the spawn of Ham who ever would they peep;
rather than ask, seek, knock - or just simply go to the least expensive library that has ever been (the world wide web)
and read therein the words of Ikoro Iyineleda. Thus the words that I keep on saying unto they, and all such as they,
"I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers."

- Adedotun The Ikoro.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Oselumhe: 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
moredendisc:

@frosbel

Essentially the clarion call is not solely an advocacy but also an awareness, problem resolution options and false teachings & doctrines control.

False teachers or dodgy bibles in the wrong hands will kill Christians.

Blind teachers will indiscriminately, if not deliberately fire shots at blind Christians.

If Christians can so much own or get a bible

[color=#006600][/color]

they, such Christians, since their lives depend on this,

should also invest in a "bullet-proof helmet & vest kits" and "X-ray vision kits" in the form of dictionaries, lexicon, concordances etc

Christians are preys and shooting targets, so if unable to duck or dive, when being shot at, the bullet-proof kit will give some degree of protection

The X-ray kit, like, as with the Bereans, will allow Christians succeed by themselves in understanding teachings, interpreting scripture or in other cases identifying false teaching or doctrines.

"And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica,
and they listened eagerly to Paul's message.
They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.
" Acts 17:11 NLV

# Every Christians should aspire to be teacher, as iron sharpens iron

# False teachers, beware, the chickens have come home to roost
You must be a Jehovah's witness.....at moredendisc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / Questions For Atheists!!! / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.