Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (10735 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Ubenedictus

I bet you wish its "JUST UR PERSONAL OPINION" bro.

I have much love for you bro but YOYO!

- you're on your own
SO ARE U
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

You have totally lost the plot on this one.

tbh, you are stating what you think and not the reality.

Peter was one of the foremost and trusted apostles , he was not a false prophet.

U need to read abt Peter well. He was one eye opened one eye close when Jesus was with them. Who wanted to be sure if it was Jesus speakin when their boat trembled,n when he was told to come he lost faith when the wind started blowing before crying out for Jesus.he denied Jesus after his death and went back to fishing before Jesus appeared to him that he ressurected.he was scared to be seen with gentiles,even when he knew they were meant to be part of it. My point is u must first b a good teacher b4 becoming a false 1. Most of today's men of God were really born again @ some point. The love for relevance status n riches are the major causes for d u-turn.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:

UR EXPOSITION ON SHOEL AND HADES IS CORRECT,

BUT UR IDEA DAT HELL DEOSNT TRANSLATE D WORDS WELL

ITS JUST UR PERSONAL OPINION AND I BEG TO DIFFER

@Ubenedictus

"The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth". - Matt 27:44 KJV

"And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." - Matt 13:42 KJV

Take a moment, to carefully read & ponder over the above two scripture for starters.

What is happening in both verse bro? What do you think?

To the untrained eyes, it does read, ridiculous and nonsensical.

Gnashing of teeth after death? How come with no physical body anymore? How is this possible?

Well, we know on record that the dead rich man, when in Hades, spoke with father Abraham when he saw Lazarus . . .

SMH Christians relying solely on their one or singular bibles will have their work cut out for them trying to understanding these verses or similar.

Only the Holy Spirit might come to the rescue and save the day for such Christians
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
1pet1 v 17. Peter was referring to the jews saying by thr works they will b judged. Gal2•16 Paul said to the gentiles that a man is not justified by works of d law but by faith. And in 2pet15. He acknowledged what Paul.You need to rightly divide the word of God,rather than just quoting. Knowing reasons why the prophet say what they say n who they r actually talking to and y. -if we were to b judged by works, even u will not b saved.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123: BTW, let me ask the self-inflicted rabbis, professors and translators in the house. What is the Hebrew word for 'hell'? What is the english word for 'Hades'?

Hell is not a Hebrew word.

On what basis are you reverting Hell to Hebrew?

However, the word Hedes means grave and the word sheol means grave,

sheol is a hebrew word while Hedes is a greek word meaning the same thing in both languages = grave.

So, in translating the bible From Hebrew to Greek, the corresponding word for Hebrew Sheol is Greek Hedes.

However, the word Gehena is reference for fire, but Gehena was a refuse dump sustain by fire outside the walls of Jerusalem.(definitely not an underworld) as such symbolic since those that were reference to being put there were never put there literally.
Peace
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: IT IS D SAME TIN, HELL IS HADES AND HADES IS HELL ACCORDING TO D TRANSLATORS

^^^

lies!
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

The idea of "hell" does not exist in the Hebrew vocabulary or sphere of life so as a result there is no Hebrew word for hell

Sheol and Hades are similar in place or location and in meaning,

Sheol or Hades is a place where both the righteous and the wicked end up in after death but separated by a gulf

Sheol, is in Hebrew language or Hades is in Greek language

It is safe to say Sheol is Hades and vice versa

Hell like similar imports into Christendom, such as Yuletide etc are myths from other people's cultures

Sheol or Hades and hell are different kettle of fish

The english word hell is not a good render of the word Sheol or Hades

because the righteous and wicked end up in Sheol or Hades albeit separated by a gulf

however supposedly only the wicked end up in hell with no righteous present

well and fine to me but for your consistence use of the word "Gulf".

I thought that Adam was a wicked person but went to dust?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

U need to read abt Peter well. He was one eye opened one eye close when Jesus was with them.

Who wanted to be sure if it was Jesus speakin when their boat trembled,

n when he was told to come he lost faith when the wind started blowing before crying out for Jesus.

he denied Jesus after his death and went back to fishing before Jesus appeared to him that he ressurected.

he was scared to be seen with gentiles,even when he knew they were meant to be part of it.

My point is u must first b a good teacher b4 becoming a false 1.

Most of today's men of God were really born again @ some point.

The love for relevance status n riches are the major causes for d u-turn.

@shdemidemi

My dear bro. They aren't worthy comparing with Peter.

If Peter was alive today, these "Most of today's men of God " will tremble at his sight

and none of them, if asked would qualify to tie Peter's shoes laces

Peter originally was called Simon before Jesus changed his name to Peter

Peter is the spirit-man name when Simon was his carnal-man name

Peter means "Rock" and Simon means "reed" - a reed which sways in the wind

Jesus knew Peter will be unstable in "storms" or be "one eye opened one eye close" when he was with or without Him

hence like Abram, Sarai or Saul had name changes

Peter's up and down life and escapades, alternating & switching from or between his spirit-man & carnal-man

was recorded for our benefit and to learn from, as in the below verse:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" 2 Tim 3:16 NIV
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
truthislight:

well and fine to me but for your consistence use of the word "Gulf".

I thought that Adam was a wicked person but went to dust?

@truthislight

This might help.

You are on a journey flying from one end of earth to the other

You arrive at the airport. Go to "Departure". Check in, go through security checks.

You walk down to the "Departure"lounge.

As you are walking to the "Departure" lounge, in the same airport, you notice there is a glass separating "Arrivals" area and the "Departures" area

The glass separating the "Arrivals" area and the "Departures" area in the airport

is similar to the gulf that made the separation in Hades or Sheol

Hope that helped

Adam's body disintegrated back to dust and like everyone else ended up in Sheol, waiting I guess.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:

IT IS D SAME TIN,

HELL IS HADES AND HADES IS HELL ACCORDING TO D TRANSLATORS

truthislight:

^^^
lies!

@truthislight

I agree with you , Ubenedictus unwittingly thinks the TRANSLATORS got it right that HELL IS HADES

The closest to hell, that you'll have, will be, the lake of fire also known as The Second death

The ultimate death that kills and will kill death.

Just confirms death is multi-tiered
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
Really, I don't know if Paul cld have been clearer. He called him an hypocrite and that he wasn't been straight fwd with d truth of d gospel. U are saying he was correcting him. Peter knew d truth but was pleasing men (jews).Peter will make heaven , Paul will, I will and u will if u believe d ressurection of christ cos its by grace not by works. Plus Paul never looked back after his encounter with Christt.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

Lazy student , go online and do your research smiley
are we offline?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@truthislight

This might help.

You are on a journey flying from one end of earth to the other

You arrive at the airport. Go to "Departure". Check in, go through security checks.

You walk down to the "Departure"lounge.

As you are walking to the "Departure" lounge, in the same airport, you notice there is a glass separating "Arrivals" area and the "Departures" area

The glass separating the "Arrivals" area and the "Departures" area in the airport

is similar to the gulf that made the separation in Hades or Sheol

Hope that helped

Adam's body disintegrated back to dust and like everyone else ended up in Sheol, waiting I guess.

"back to dust you say, fine.

But still, why the "gulf"?

Btw. Do you belief in the immortality of the soul?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

Image123, my dear bro, the "having or burying ones head in the sand" stance na wa ooo.

" . . . make we see, or keep shut" is an ostrich-person refusing to face reality, the truth or accept facts.

Avoiding hearing the truth, especially when ignoring the truth, potentially could be dangerous, is not healthy

The word of God in its original Hebrew or Greek texts is unique (i.e. it is impossible to have an absolute translation)

The reality is that the bible is not exempted from error

because the various bible translations were done based on the widespread theology at the particular translating time or also based on individual religious beliefs and theory

so the need to speak, plead, or argue in favor of [size=20pt]using resources like lexicon, concordances[/size] etc etc of course in-conjunction with the Spirit of Truth

to cross check the accuracies and genuineness of translated words, texts etc of each or whichever bible version used

and confirming whether or not the Hebrew or Greek sentiments, intents etc were carried through.

Every Christians should be putting bibles through sieves

This will separate false teachings and doctrines
(e.g. like the introduction of phantom words like hell for Sheol and Hades, among a lot more others into the bible)

# There are a lot more than the eyes see

bring your own translation and let's sieve it. stop all the lazy armchair criticism. Lexicon and concordance didn't fall from Heaven either BTW.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Zikkyy:

I agree with you on this one smiley not completely sha, but i agree. It's not possible for everybody to learn greek just because we don't trust the versions in circulation. i can just imagine the 75 years old convert in my village (that can't even read or write in English or any language) attempting to translate from the original greek manuscript grin some people must rely on others and trust that the information being shared is accurate.
thank you. where you dey all this while, abi make we dey open tithe thread to see ya face?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

KJV cult member , you need a rethink of your false teachings.
what is the kjv cult? are you also a false accuser?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

bring your own translation and let's sieve it. stop all the lazy armchair criticism.

Lexicon and concordance didn't fall from Heaven either BTW.

@Image123

Bro it wouldn't be a panacea if I did do my own translation

Besides I would insert a disclaimer in my translation

and also personally & happily advise putting my translation through sieves using available lexicons, concordances, dictionaries and what-nots
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@oiseworld

Use resources like lexicon, concordances etc etc; of course in-conjunction with the Spirit of Truth

to cross check the accuracies and genuineness of translated words, texts etc of each or whichever bible version used

and use to confirm whether or not the original Hebrew or Greek sentiments, intents, fact, aim, intentions etc were carried through.

Put the bibles and teachings through sieves

This will separate false teachings and doctrines.

lexicons don't separate false teachings. faith does a better job.There are many doctors of theology who are not even born again.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
truthislight:

"back to dust you say, fine.

But still, why the "gulf"?

Btw. Do you belief in the immortality of the soul?

@truthislight

This is like asking why the glass partition separating Arrivals & Departures at Airports.

"And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed:

so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot;

neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
" - Luke 16:26 KJV

"Besides all this, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you,

so that those who want to pass over from here to you cannot;

neither can those from there cross over to us.'
" - Luke 16:26 Holman Christian Standard Bible

This attached jpeg picture should shed more light on this matter for you bro.

This is the concept of Sheol or Hades in the original Hebrew or Greek texts

Notice the difference in the concept in relation to what the mythical hell is meant to be, where hell is, what is in hell apart from who is in hell

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
BTW evil men and deceivers will wax stronger and stronger, deceiving and being deceived. I'd rather concur with this Bible position than rub hands in glee because some folk says he likes my post 100000000 times. it. is God's Spirit that can truly teach us along with our willingness/attempt at honesty and sincerity. All the concordance and lexicon na wash and are likely to further confuse you except God just mercy for you and you take heed.
anyways, I'd rather a sheep for a Christian and the simplicity that is in christ than some full brain who has nothing in the heart. All your study study na head. you need God's Word written on your heart. if its written there you need no Greek, Hebrew, or Latin concordance. All those tools are very very very very unimportant to the normal Christian life God requires.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

lexicons don't separate false teachings. faith does a better job.

There are many doctors of theology who are not even born again.

@Image123

You're a 100% correct, it is the Spirit of Truth that does guide one in separating false teachings.

Faith in any misleading translation does no one any favours

All Christians worth their salt are theologians

and would as directed or prompted by the Holy Spirit employ whatever means is necessary using lexicons, concordances, dictionaries and what-nots against false teachings or deception
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: IT IS D SAME TIN, HELL IS HADES AND HADES IS HELL ACCORDING TO D TRANSLATORS
yes oh this i know of the normal translators that are masters of many languages with many years of experience speaking, writing and reading, many of whom are also academically qualified and spent many months together working and brainstorming to give us great translations. my questions were to the in-house self_inflicted translators who can't see the clarity that the english word hell is the best word for translating the GREEK word Hades.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

You're a 100% correct, it is the Spirit of Truth that does guide one in separating false teachings.

Faith in any misleading translation does no one any favours

All Christians worth their salt are theologians

and would as directed or prompted by the Holy Spirit employ whatever means is necessary using lexicons, concordances, dictionaries and what-nots against false teachings or deception
Christians are expected to exercise their faith in God, not in any translation, true or false.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:
yes oh this i know of the normal translators that are masters of many languages with many years of experience speaking, writing and reading, many of whom are also academically qualified and spent many months together working and brainstorming to give us great translations. my questions were to the in-house self_inflicted translators who can't see the clarity that the english word hell is the best word for translating the GREEK word Hades.

@Image123

This attached jpeg picture should shed more light on this matter for you bro.

This is the concept of Sheol or Hades in the original Hebrew or Greek texts

Notice the difference in the concept in relation to what the mythical hell is meant to be, where hell is, what is in hell apart from who is in hell

The mythical hell as the folk tales, goes as is a burning fire or inferno unlike Hades.

Do not mistake Gehenna with Sheol or Hades bro.

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

The idea of "hell" does not exist in the Hebrew vocabulary or sphere of life so as a result there is no Hebrew word for hell

Sheol and Hades are similar in place or location and in meaning,

Sheol or Hades is a place where both the righteous and the wicked end up in after death but separated by a gulf

Sheol, is in Hebrew language or Hades is in Greek language

It is safe to say Sheol is Hades and vice versa

Hell like similar imports into Christendom, such as Yuletide etc are myths from other people's cultures

Sheol or Hades and hell are different kettle of fish

The english word hell is not a good render of the word Sheol or Hades

because the righteous and wicked end up in Sheol or Hades albeit separated by a gulf

however supposedly only the wicked end up in hell with no righteous present
what is hell? Jesus the righteous' soul was not left in hell, recall?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

what is hell? Jesus the righteous' soul was not left in hell, recall?

@Image123

See no fault of yours though but you have used Hell for Hades

That Acts 2:27 or 31 or verse which you referenced was mistranslated

Hell and Hades are different kettle of fish

Besides having different concepts, plans, intention and locations Hell is a myth, Hades is not.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
truthislight:

sheol is a hebrew word while Hedes is a greek word meaning the same thing in both languages = grave.

So, in translating the bible From Hebrew to Greek, the corresponding word for Hebrew Sheol is Greek Hedes.

However, the word Gehena is reference for fire, but Gehena was a refuse dump sustain by fire outside the walls of Jerusalem.(definitely not an underworld) as such symbolic since those that were reference to being put there were never put there literally.
Peace
so, what is the english of hades? what is the Greek equivalent of hell? what is the meaning of hell?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

That Acts 2:31 verse which you referenced was mistranslated

Besides having different concepts, plans, intention and locations Hell is a myth, Hades is not.

Image123:
so, what is the english of hades? what is the Greek equivalent of hell? what is the meaning of hell?
moredendisc:

@Image123

That Acts 2:31 verse which you referenced was mistranslated

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
have to go now.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
truthislight:

Peace

Image123:

so, what is the english of hades?

what is the Greek equivalent of hell?

what is the meaning of hell?

@Image123

How did I manage to miss reading this brilliant truthislight post angry angry

Don't you just love reading that

I love you truthislight however God loves you more

Image123, you should be flabbergasted by now

There is no english word of Hades

You either invent a word in English for Hades or borrow an English word for Hades.

Most translators did the latter, borrowed Hell for Hades

Some translators were honest and put a footnote that Hell actually is or means Hades

"What is the Greek equivalent of hell?"

Hmm. Well, you can carefully or guardedly say Hades.

Took the guardedly position because there is more then the eyes see on word Hades.

The meaning of hell is a place where the unrighteous or wicked are placed in suffering with burning fire

# I wouldn't be surprised if you fish out Luke 16:24 and try waving it my face as a trump or winning card
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

have to go now.

@Image123

OK. Godspeed and mind how you go bro.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 12:21am On Jan 19, 2013
@frosbel

Let me quickly say that im feeling yr threads on nairaland. Its making the religion section in nairaland very educative and interesting. Unlike the religious section i used to know of before-now we talk on issues.

Well done sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye / Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / "APC Running Nigeria As Muslim Organization, Marginalising Christians" - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.