Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,983 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (10734 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by PastorKun(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
answer the question. is the book of Acts the Word of God?

Stop being daft angry you erred when you stated God translated the book of acts. Admit and correct yourself instead of trying to play smart.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Stop being daft angry you erred when you stated God translated the book of acts. Admit and correct yourself instead of trying to play smart.
please answer the question Kunle, please.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by PastorKun(m): 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
please answer the question Kunle, please.

It's a trick question and I would not fall for your antics.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

It's a trick question and I would not fall for your antics.
is the book of Acts the Word of God? what trick is in that, i guess you're not persuaded as usual. go home and learn ihope.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by PastorKun(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
is the book of Acts the Word of God? what trick is in that, i guess you're not persuaded as usual. go home and learn ihope.

Why don't you address the issue I made concerning if it was God that translated the book of acts? Answering questions with question is dubious or at best evasive.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why don't you address the issue I made concerning if it was God that translated the book of acts? Answering questions with question is dubious or at best evasive.
I think I asked you first?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by PastorKun(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
I think I asked you first?

Stop being your characteristically dis honest self, I asked you a question first which you are still evading as we write. Instead of answering my question, you are trying to trap me with a daft/irrelevant question.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
they find it difficult to see what i post. If i posted Jesus is Lord, they'd argue against it.
say it in chinise, mayb they will undastand. I'm not new to that strategy on NL when ur idea isnt appreciated it is twisted a little so it can be easily refuted.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

she didnt say God translated d book of acts. Some were faulting d word "hades" as a translation of shoel, and she quoted scriptures to show dat hades was d original word used by d apostle, at least that is what i undastood.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Stop being your characteristically dis honest self, I asked you a question first which you are still evading as we write. Instead of answering my question, you are trying to trap me with a daft/irrelevant question.
it seem u both have a history, hope dat wont stop d both of u frm considering matter objectively. I dont like d vibes im recieveing
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: it seem u both have a history, hope dat wont stop d both of u frm considering matter objectively. I dont like d vibes im recieveing
God forbid badtins. i don't know him oh.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

i asked 12:40pm, you asked 1:09pm. so i think i asked first, kindly answer. I'm been very kind to you this new year so far, please.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 8:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:19).

^^^

1. it shows that human can tamper with it.

2. But they will loose out on everlasting life.

3. But "this book" will ever be around by God's will for all times.

Translation to pigin english and dialect may not always employ the right words to convey the original sense for lack of appropriate words. (being that they are pegan and use of pegan words)

But that ^^ should not introduce pegan idears into the word of God.

We can always go back to the Jews to learn what and how such sense was used in the OT, being that lots of sense in the NT is quoting the OT.
Peace.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
truthislight: "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:19).

^^^

Translation to pigin english and dialect may not always employ the right words to convey the original sense for lack of appropriate words. (being that they are pegan and use of pegan words)

We can always go back to the Jews to learn what and how such sense was used in the OT, being that lots of sense in the NT is quoting the OT.
Peace.
who is this one? making up excuses. We should go to the jews to learn? learn what na? have you not read that the jews are blind? Are you content with been led by the blind, when the Spirit of God is verily available if you can believe?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Image123:
who is this one? making up excuses. We should go to the jews to learn? learn what na? have you not read that the jews are blind? Are you content with been led by the blind, when the Spirit of God is verily available if you can believe?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

Its like frosbel and Kunle were right about you that you are a fraud.

I said one should go to the "Jewish OT" in my write up but you instead wish to attack a different topic as to cover the truth Revelation pointed out.

Did i ask that anybody should go to the Jewish people or that they should go to the Jewish OT?

truthislight: "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:19).

^^^

Peace.

Smh for you.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
truthislight:

I said one should go to the "Jewish OT" in my write up but you instead wish to attack a different topic as to cover the truth Revelation pointed out.

Did i ask that anybody should go to the Jewish people or that they should go to the Jewish OT?

Smh for you.

He does come across sometimes as a dishonest fellow .

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
Be careful with ur accusations, i do not know d image guy, but i think he hit d nail on da head
truthislight:
Smh for you.
this is what u said!
^^^
Peace.
u never said we shuld go back to d jewish OT, instead u said "we can alway go back to d jews to learn in how and what sense was used in d OT". The jews refer to a people not d OT. In essence u said we shuld go to d jewish pipo to learn how and what sense was used in d ot. Image was correct, u said to go to d jews.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
^^ are you Jesus Christ? thanks lol.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by debosky(m): 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
I don't support all this 'read Greek and read Hebrew' business - yes it's good to do that if you are in doubt, but the widely used translations are, in the main, all sufficiently accurate for you not to be misled.

Those that overly harp on concordances, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic and the like are, in my view, exhibiting a form of Christian intellectual elitism or superiority. You don't need to read the original Greek to know that Jesus fasted for 40 days, or that he died on the cross and rose on the third day, or that the NT says God loves a cheerful giver.

The issue here is that Christians need to understand the fundamental elements of faith and build from there. If you don't build up knowledge on foundation elements of faith, you are likely to be thrown off or mix up your own desires with what the Word is saying.

Let me give an example - if your (sinful nature's desire is to get rich, you may interpret the word (exclusively) as a tool to get rich. However if you understand that earthly wealth, while good, is a secondary concern, you will be able to view scripture on wealth in the right perspective.

Secondly, we must resist the temptation to go down rat holes that don't edify or really bring any change of heart - the risk is that those things then get elevated above the fundamental truths and become stumbling blocks.

Take for example this argument about Sheol/Hades/Hell - of what real value is it to Christians? To be able to say 'I am right and you are wrong?' Knowing the root word of Hell does not take you to heaven, neither does it help you live a life more like Christ.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Goshen360(m): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
^^^ I do understand you perfectly well. However, I think I stand with using study aids in understanding difficult scriptures, not for the easy issues you've pointed out such as the fundamental elements of our faith. You remember when we had to talk about Hebrews 7:8.

I still see it that there're some scriptures (not all cases) that needs critical examination but not the basic ones though. I won't see it wanting to elevate one's self as above others but I'll see it as to better understand the context of the text. It's all of us that can do all the critical studies but we should all be encouraged to do so, if we can. I can give you many instances from scriptures on the need for critical examination of text if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by debosky(m): 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^ I do understand you perfectly well. However, I think I stand with using study aids in understanding difficult scriptures, not for the easy issues you've pointed out such as the fundamental elements of our faith. You remember when we had to talk about Hebrews 7:8.

No issues with using study aids - what I am against was the sudden rush that everyone should read 'multiple translations' Greek, Aramaic, etc., and use 'multiple aids' in the first instance. That is wrong - the regularly available translations are sufficiently accurate to give you a good grounding in scripture.

This need to hair split and to be seen as the 'only' right person on every single subject down to the last detail is intellectual elitism and is partly why many people feel unable to understand the scripture and leave it to those who have studied Greek, Aramaic and 100 translations and concordances.

I still see it that there're some scriptures (not all cases) that needs critical examination but not the basic ones though. I won't see it wanting to elevate one's self as above others but I'll see it as to better understand the context of the text. It's all of us that can do all the critical studies but we should all be encouraged to do so, if we can. I can give you many instances from scriptures on the need for critical examination of text if you don't mind.

I know there are texts requiring 'critical examination' - but they are not the cause of false doctrines in the main, and this 'critical examination' is not the solution to false doctrines. There is a right time for critical examination, but only after you have built a good foundation. For example, endless debates on the root meaning/source of the word hell is not part of a good foundation!

I am not discouraging study and critical examination in any sense, but it must be put in its place - there is too much intellectualism and 'head knowledge' elitism dressed up as being 'critical examination'.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Goshen360(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
debosky:

No issues with using study aids - what I am against was the sudden rush that everyone should read 'multiple translations' Greek, Aramaic, etc., and use 'multiple aids' in the first instance. That is wrong - the regularly available translations are sufficiently accurate to give you a good grounding in scripture.

This need to hair split and to be seen as the 'only' right person on every single subject down to the last detail is intellectual elitism and is partly why many people feel unable to understand the scripture and leave it to those who have studied Greek, Aramaic and 100 translations and concordances.

I know there are texts requiring 'critical examination' - but they are not the cause of false doctrines in the main, and this 'critical examination' is not the solution to false doctrines. There is a right time for critical examination, but only after you have built a good foundation. For example, endless debates on the root meaning/source of the word hell is not part of a good foundation!

I am not discouraging study and critical examination in any sense, but it must be put in its place - there is too much intellectualism and 'head knowledge' elitism dressed up as being 'critical examination'.

YOURS IS A BALANCED TRUTH! GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR BROTHER. THAT'S WHY I LOVE TO FOLLOW YOU AND YOUR THREADS/COMMENTS....AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW CHRIST. THANK YOU!
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Goshen360:

YOURS IS A BALANCED TRUTH! GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR BROTHER. THAT'S WHY I LOVE TO FOLLOW YOU AND YOUR THREADS/COMMENTS....AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW CHRIST. THANK YOU!
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
debosky: I don't support all this 'read Greek and read Hebrew' business - yes it's good to do that if you are in doubt, but the widely used translations are, in the main, all sufficiently accurate for you not to be misled.

Those that overly harp on concordances, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic and the like are, in my view, exhibiting a form of Christian intellectual elitism or superiority. You don't need to read the original Greek to know that Jesus fasted for 40 days, or that he died on the cross and rose on the third day, or that the NT says God loves a cheerful giver.

The issue here is that Christians need to understand the fundamental elements of faith and build from there. If you don't build up knowledge on foundation elements of faith, you are likely to be thrown off or mix up your own desires with what the Word is saying.

Let me give an example - if your (sinful nature's desire is to get rich, you may interpret the word (exclusively) as a tool to get rich. However if you understand that earthly wealth, while good, is a secondary concern, you will be able to view scripture on wealth in the right perspective.

Secondly, we must resist the temptation to go down rat holes that don't edify or really bring any change of heart - the risk is that those things then get elevated above the fundamental truths and become stumbling blocks.

Take for example this argument about Sheol/Hades/Hell - of what real value is it to Christians? To be able to say 'I am right and you are wrong?' Knowing the root word of Hell does not take you to heaven, neither does it help you live a life more like Christ.

My God! Do people like u still exist?! Powerful.
God bless you seriously!
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
@Image123

U are always in frosbel's threads to seek trouble. U deserve a good RKO.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2013
debosky:

I disagree with you here.

When HELL is made to be what it is not, it is important we remind ourselves and others , what the true meaning is in the right context.

I for one, never knew that HELL meant the grave, in fact , all through my stay at deeper life, HELL was always HELL , a place where dead souls go to wait in torment for judgement , and then the lake of fire where people will burn for endless ages.

This is a very dubious approach to scripture and destroys the simple truths and in many cases the faith of millions.

We must ensure that people understand what these words actually mean , which is 99% the grave with only 1% attributable to the lake of fire or Gehenna.

Many in Christendom today serve GOD out of fear and not love, many have in fact left the fold because of this falsehood.

We must use every tool available to rightly divide the word of truth.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
deebrain: @Image123

you have a problem. what debo said is what I've been saying all through the thread, but since Image123 is the one saying it, you and your folks must oppose it. I hope debo can share his view on hell and Sheol, perhaps you'll see then. bigoted fellows
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
deebrain: @Image123

he is now stalking me all over this forum, but I forgive him smiley
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
Image123:
you have a problem. what debo said is what I've been saying all through the thread, but since Image123 is the one saying it, you and your folks must oppose it. I hope debo can share his view on hell and Sheol, perhaps you'll see then. bigoted fellows

Its supposed to be the other way-U HAVE A PROBLEM. True u started well until when that thing that used to worry u started again in yr responses to Pastor Kun and Truthislight....

What is there to say "OK NOTED (and with some courtesy u can add) THANKS" even if with the available objective points given, u still dont agree. Why resort to the known attitude of making the person feel he lacks understanding of God and scripture? Debo's point that got me tripping is "what really is a christians business with issues of hell"? I thought we are after heaven-TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM U THAT WANTS TO SEE PEOPLE BURN..angry
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by deebrain(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
frosbel:

he is now stalking me all over this forum, but I forgive him smiley

I notice it grin
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
deebrain:

Its supposed to be the other way-U HAVE A PROBLEM. True u started well until when that thing that used to worry u started again in yr responses to Pastor Kun and Truthislight....

What is there to say "OK NOTED (and with some courtesy u can add) THANKS" even if with the available objective points given, u still dont agree. Why resort to the known attitude of making the person feel he lacks understanding of God and scripture? Debo's point that got me tripping is "what really is a christians business with issues of hell"? I thought we are after heaven-TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM U THAT WANTS TO SEE PEOPLE BURN..angry
yada yada, your spinning nonsense. kunle was lying on me, how you can't see that is well, it's you. Only Ubenedictus was humble enough to acknowledge that.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by truthislight: 11:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: Be careful with ur accusations, i do not know d image guy, but i think he hit d nail on da head this is what u said! u never said we shuld go back to d jewish OT, instead u said "we can alway go back to d jews to learn in how and what sense was used in d OT". The jews refer to a people not d OT. In essence u said we shuld go to d jewish pipo to learn how and what sense was used in d ot. Image was correct, u said to go to d jews.
Peace

Since you both are saying the same thing about hell, i am not surprise you cannot do without each other.

What i wrote is there for all to see.

If the NT is quoting the OT, why do you imagined you should leave the OT to Go to the people?

Did you see "people" in my post? :

^^^

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye / "APC Running Nigeria As Muslim Organization, Marginalising Christians" - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.