Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (10725 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 11:59am On Jan 18, 2013
I don't do blind quotes..but read d book of galatians.Paul was referring to peter james and John after he went to meet them in the book of acts when they argued abt preachig to gentiles.Jesus never told u how to b saved as a gentile..Aposte Paul did that.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Ubenedictus

Ubenedictus bro. Okogie is affiliated with RCC
i'm aware of his affiliation, i just do not fink he fits d group u added him to.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: There is simplicity in christainity..don't even go to Peter...Peter chose to speak with the jews and was even called a false prophet by apostle paul.We have to rightly divide the word of God. And as for hell.If those who see God get comfort the other part get discomfort and that's what I call hell.don't go in to revelation cos no one will truely understand it until it comes.that is afterlife brethren. The only person that really tells us how to be saved is apostle Paul in his letters to the church.
pls enlighten me, where did paul call peter a false prophet? Book, chapter and verse.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:

i'm aware of his affiliation, i just do not fink he fits d group u added him to.

@Ubenedictus

Though it isn't necessarily a witch hunt campaign but merely highlighting a fact or observation

The Okogies knows which side their bread is buttered on

and since their allegiances or loyalties are with the RCC,

they fit the group which propagates false teachings and doctrines

and so get the mention
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by brainpulse: 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
There is Understanding of the words by the words, Understanding of the words by the spirit and Understanding of the words by the reasoning of men, events etc.

1. Understanding by the words by the reasoning of men: It is very easy to fall into heresy, false teachings and doctrines if the words in the bible are understood by the reasoning of men, events, feelings and popular opinion, because the original context can be misunderstood differently per events and time and personal opinion. So Mr. A can understand a sentence and interprete in a different way different from the original context. So to me the version is not the problem but our ways of understanding and interpreting things. This understanding is prone to Large Error.

2. Understanding of words by the words: This is through using materials, dictionaries, literatures, sources etc. Although this often helps and be close to the original context but might also give contrary opinion on personal convictions different from the original intent. This understanding might not fit in or be used in all situations or circumstances, time and events. So still prone to some degree of errors

3. Understanding of the words by the spirit:

The bible says the scripture is inspired by the spirit of God which makes it different from every other books Man has. SO i believe for us to have a correct interpretation devoid of personal interpretation and heresies, false explaination and doctrines then we need the personalty that inspired it to give adequate interpretation and understanding, because everyman can give more than 10001 interpretations to a given sentence from their personal opinions and understanding just to suit.
The word of God is considered life and living because the Holy spirit gives a living understanding of what happened more than 2000 years in the same context relating them to different situation and circumstances of life. Any other man's logic and reasoning will defeat the original context and life
within it.

Then do we then say man has no choice to reason out somethings from the bible? Yes man must reason out everything but through the eyes of faith and understand by the spirit of God. If these two things are not present then we give opportunity for personal doctrines.

Please and Please the Word of God is not logic and can't be understood and explained by Logic but by faith, the same faith used by our fathers and patriots of faith to relate with God.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: I don't do blind quotes..but read d book of galatians.Paul was referring to peter james and John after he went to meet them in the book of acts when they argued abt preachig to gentiles.Jesus never told u how to b saved as a gentile..Aposte Paul did that.

actually you are blind quoting , especially out of context and with no proof for your allegation.

This is a rather dubious approach to the exposition of scripture.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
Galatians 2 read from verse 11 to whr u please
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: Galatians 2 read from verse 11 to whr u please

he was only correcting Peter from a mistake he made, Paul also corrected himself when he made a mistake.

He never called Peter a false preacher.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
That was y I said I won't quote a verse..d whole chapter was abt false prophets and how they were perverting d gospel. He warned d church against them and anyone that comes to teach them anything else.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Ubenedictus

Though it isn't necessarily a witch hunt campaign but merely highlighting a fact or observation
now u just made it a witch hunt.

The Okogies knows which side their bread is buttered on
and wat side is dat?

and since their allegiances or loyalties are with the RCC,
they fit the group which propagates false teachings and doctrines
and so get the mention
really, oyedepo d last time i checked wasnt allied to d rcc, yet u simply listed different men and tagged them "false teachers". Now i'm curious wu made u judge? And since wen did u start seeing d hearts of odas? The problem is u have ur interpretation of scripture, they have theirs, what makes ur interpretation superior to their and so vindicates u to start tagging pipo?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

he was only correcting Peter from a mistake he made, Paul also corrected himself when he made a mistake.

He never called Peter a false preacher.
amen
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: That was y I said I won't quote a verse..d whole chapter was abt false prophets and how they were perverting d gospel. He warned d church against them and anyone that comes to teach them anything else.
now i must laugh in greek and let dis slide
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thr is really nothing to laugh abt. Let's open our minds.what d scripture says in gal 2v14” but when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter .....” . A false prophet is a person who is not true with the gospel.contrary to u thinking a false prophet is a devil.U must be a prophet and a christian before u can b false. If u read d book of Peter, u will realise he changed in 2peter.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: Thr is really nothing to laugh abt. Let's open our minds.what d scripture says in gal 2v14” but when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter .....” . A false prophet is a person who is not true with the gospel.contrary to u thinking a false prophet is a devil.U must be a prophet and a christian before u can b false. If u read d book of Peter, u will realise he changed in 2peter.
u are committed to dragging me into dis.
Just note a false teacher is one wu TEACHES a lie, not just one wu may experience a weakness in character. In d above passage paul is correcting peter's behaviour not his teaching and even paul wrote d wrong he doesn't wish to do is what he does (dat i think is in romans) does that make paul a false prophet/teacher too? Does pauls weakness translate to false message?
Be careful, dat passage is quiet clear and dat is why paul neva called peter a false prophet instead he calls him a co labourer. I repeat be careful. Nd there is nothing in 2nd peter that contradict 1st peter so i can't see ur so called changed, hope u are nt under some illusion?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: Thr is really nothing to laugh abt. Let's open our minds.what d scripture says in gal 2v14” but when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter .....” . A false prophet is a person who is not true with the gospel.contrary to u thinking a false prophet is a devil.U must be a prophet and a christian before u can b false. If u read d book of Peter, u will realise he changed in 2peter.

You have totally lost the plot on this one.

tbh, you are stating what you think and not the reality.

Peter was one of the foremost and trusted apostles , he was not a false prophet.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:

now u just made it a witch hunt.

and wat side is dat?

really, oyedepo d last time i checked wasnt allied to d rcc, yet u simply listed different men and tagged them "false teachers".

Now i'm curious wu made u judge? And since wen did u start seeing d hearts of odas?

The problem is u have ur interpretation of scripture, they have theirs,

what makes ur interpretation superior to their and so vindicates u to start tagging pipo?

The side that elevates Mary as Queen of Heaven, purgatory etc

The post's observation was about awareness of false teachings & doctrines and not over superiority

Note the mention was not exhaustive and had "s" in:
". . . the Oyakhilomes, Oyedepos, Ashimolowos, Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Oritsejafors, Bakares, Adeboyes, Olukoyas, Okogies, aladuras, WoF, "plentyrascals" etc etc . . . "

It is their ilks that are tagged, not the individuals per se bro. wink

God bless you real good.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
The letter will end up killing many people.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc: The side that elevates Mary as Queen of Heaven, purgatory etc

The post's observation was about awareness of false teachings & doctrines and not superiority

Note the mention was not exhaustive and had "s" in ". . . the Oyakhilomes, Oyedepos, Ashimolowos, Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Oritsejafors, Bakares, Adeboyes, Olukoyas, Okogies, aladuras, WoF, "plentyrascals" etc etc . . . "

The individuals per se are not tagged bro.
actually dat is even worse, u made those individual arch types of false teachers, u are still judging.
And d stuff u listed above are just stuff u dnt believe, for those wu believe there is nothing false there. And ur disbelieve doesnt neccesaryly stoke out another's believe.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

Yes, this is a real problem and the foundation of a false belief system.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by wordthots: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

The post's observation was about awareness of false teachings & doctrines and not over superiority

Note the mention was not exhaustive and had "s" in:
". . . the Oyakhilomes, Oyedepos, Ashimolowos, Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Oritsejafors, Bakares, Adeboyes, Olukoyas, Okogies, aladuras, WoF, "plentyrascals" etc etc . . . "

It is their ilks that are tagged, not the individuals per se bro. wink

God bless you real good.

I agree that some of this preachers have not rightly divided the word and that there are doctrines which they practice that do not line up with Gods word. But calling them false...sounds extreme to me.

Left to me I think most of their misintepretations are caused by ignorance (not comparing scripture with scripture, taking scriptures out of context) and exalting experiences above Gods word. This I think we are all guilty of (atleast at one point or the other).

The word "False" almost makes it sound like some of them were never called in the first place. It sounds like you are judging them...
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
BTW, let me ask the self-inflicted rabbis, professors and translators in the house. What is the Hebrew word for 'hell'? What is the english word for 'Hades'?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123: BTW, let me ask the self-inflicted rabbis, professors and translators in the house. What is the Hebrew word for 'hell'? What is the english word for 'Hades'?

Lazy student , go online and do your research smiley
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

Yes, this is a real problem and the foundation of a false belief system.
for those wu believe there is nothing false there. And ur disbelieve doesnt neccesaryly stoke out another's believe.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123: BTW, let me ask the self-inflicted rabbis, professors and translators in the house. What is the Hebrew word for 'hell'? What is the english word for 'Hades'?
IT IS D SAME TIN, HELL IS HADES AND HADES IS HELL ACCORDING TO D TRANSLATORS
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
wordthots:
The word "False" almost makes it sound like some of them were never called in the first place. It sounds like you are judging them...

There are those who unknowingly teach error and correct their position when new information comes to light , then there are those who teach false doctrine unknowingly , but never come to a knowledge of truth because they refuse to perform a proper and thorough analysis of scripture through their fear of MAN , finally ,we have those who are wolves, in fact thieves and false teaches , who know that what they teach is false , but carry on nevertheless for financial gain and power.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:
actually dat is even worse, u made those individual arch types of false teachers, u are still judging.
And d stuff u listed above are just stuff u dnt believe, for those wu believe there is nothing false there.
And ur disbelieve doesnt neccesaryly stoke out another's believe.

@Ubenedictus

Which side is your bread buttered on? wink wink

- That was a joke question. cool

This is not personal nor a vendetta on individual persons

It is a clarion buyer beware call to Christians

Christians need to do their due diligence on doctrines and on whoever teachings

They are responsible for assessing the quality of the teaching or doctrine received before buying into it

# Excuse the puns

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Ubenedictus

Which side is your bread buttered on? wink wink

- That was a joke question. cool

This is not personal nor a vendetta on individual persons

It is a clarion buyer beware call to Christians

Christians need to do their due diligence on doctrines and on whoever teachings

They are responsible for assessing the quality of the teaching or doctrine received before buying into it

# Excuse the puns

UR POINTS ARE WELL UNDERSTOOD, TAKEN AND AGREED TO, JUST DIDNT LIKE D TAGS. PEACE
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

BTW, let me ask the self-inflicted rabbis, professors and translators in the house.

What is the Hebrew word for 'hell'?

What is the english word for 'Hades'?

@Image123

The idea of "hell" does not exist in the Hebrew vocabulary or sphere of life so as a result there is no Hebrew word for hell

Sheol and Hades are similar in place or location and in meaning,

Sheol or Hades is a place where both the righteous and the wicked end up in after death but separated by a gulf

Sheol, is in Hebrew language or Hades is in Greek language

It is safe to say Sheol is Hades and vice versa

Hell like similar imports into Christendom, such as Yuletide etc are myths from other people's cultures

Sheol or Hades and hell are different kettle of fish

The english word hell is not a good render of the word Sheol or Hades

because the righteous and wicked end up in Sheol or Hades albeit separated by a gulf

however supposedly only the wicked end up in hell with no righteous present
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

Hell like similar imports into Christendom, such as Yuletide etc are myths from other people's cultures

I am beginning to get worried that I agree with you on this exposition.

Btw, do you agree that the lake of fire will exist at a future date , as per Rev 20, for the utter destruction of the wicked after judgement ?
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

The idea of "hell" does not exist in the Hebrew vocabulary or sphere of life so as a result there is no Hebrew word for hell

Sheol and Hades are similar in place or location and in meaning,

Sheol or Hades is a place where both the righteous and the wicked end up in after death but separated by a gulf

Sheol, is in Hebrew language or Hades is in Greek language

It is safe to say Sheol is Hades and vice versa

Sheol or Hades and hell are different kettle of fish

The english word hell is not a good render of the word Sheol or Hades

because the righteous and wicked end up in Sheol or Hades albeit separated by a gulf

however supposedly only the wicked end up in hell with no righteous present
UR EXPOSITION ON SHOEL AND HADES IS CORRECT, BUT UR IDEA DAT HELL DEOSNT TRANSLATE D WORDS WELL IS JUST UR PERSONAL OPINION AND I BEG TO DIFFER
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Image123

frosbel:

I am beginning to get worried that I agree with you on this exposition.

Btw, do you agree that the lake of fire will exist at a future date ,

as per Rev 20, for the utter destruction of the wicked after judgement?

@frosbel

I do agree 100% without a shadow of doubt

That "lake of fire" with the second death is another very interesting thing

It is very profound and I am getting emotional just thinking of it now.

The devil is a liar. Jesus is the Messiah. Praise God.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:

UR EXPOSITION ON SHOEL AND HADES IS CORRECT,

BUT UR IDEA DAT HELL DEOSNT TRANSLATE D WORDS WELL

ITS JUST UR PERSONAL OPINION AND I BEG TO DIFFER

@Ubenedictus

I bet you wish its "JUST UR PERSONAL OPINION" bro.

I have much love for you bro but YOYO!

- you're on your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists!!! / Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.