Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) (43982 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by naptu2: 8:01am On Jan 19, 2013
naptu2: In the 1990s Osama Bin Ladin operated out of Sudan until the US and its allies made it very difficult for him to do that. He moved to Afghanistan.

The US and its allies have made it difficult for islamic extremists to operate out of the middle east and south asia. The extremist are now making western africa (Algeria - Cameroun) their new headquarters. There are certain conditions in this area that make it ideal for them.

1) Ethnic, political and religious division: These divisions make it very easy for the militants to operate, while the various groups blame each other (eg in Nigeria, North vs South, East vs West, Christian vs Muslim, Buhari vs Gej, etc). This was the same situation in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, until the "tribes" realised that the islamic extremists are worse than their opposing tribe and also worse than the US. I pray it doesn't take us too long to figure this out. Boko Haram, if given the chance, will happily kill the sultan, buhari, GEJ, Babangida and Oritsejafor.

2) Corruption: Throw 50 naira or a hundred naira to a policeman and he would happily allow a bomb laden vehicle pass through a check point without inspecting it. Nuff said.

3) Poverty and disillusionment: It's easy for the groups to project themselves as heroes fighting against government, the US, etc. Until the people get to have a feel of the ideology/philosophy of the militants. By then it's too late.

4) Lack of technological sophistication and intellectual capacity to confront the militants.

The solution is unity. We need to unite to confront them. That's why I believe that we need to reactivate Ecomog.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by bigpastor(m): 8:16am On Jan 19, 2013
Interesting, but is she the only one.
If I were in her her place I will be part of the health care crew.
Not at the battle-front
At least i will be counted to have gone for peace-keeping
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by yadnus1(m): 8:17am On Jan 19, 2013
Wow! This is a massive achievement. The US has still not allowed women to serve in direct combat roles, but Nigeria has set the pace. No,she 'll not take part in fighting she's there to assist the civilians especially women,children and old folks.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Gladbaba(m): 8:22am On Jan 19, 2013
infact nigeria is trying to tell me now dat no humen in force nd i believe u galz we make us proud@lekomo in nigerian airforce i wish u good luck.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by doublekk: 8:24am On Jan 19, 2013
I admire females soldiers so much I ll talk to my Sis inlaw 2join them.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 19, 2013
no big deal. my mum's a soldier.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by naptu2: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2013
During the Obasanjo era, women were allowed into the Mobile Police Force (MoPol) for the first time.

President Jonathan went a step further by ordering that women should also be trained and deployed for combat roles (beginning with the air force).

Now, combat role does not mean "taking care of women and children". It is expected that these women will also fly our fighter jets, be deployed aboard our warships and engage in armed combat.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by kayol4life: 9:04am On Jan 19, 2013
Na her Gun fine pass grin
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by naptu2: 9:06am On Jan 19, 2013
[size=14pt]Air Force decorates first female combat pilot[/size]

April 28, 2012 by Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja

A Flying Officer of the Nigeria Air Force, Blessing Liman, on Friday made history as the first female pilot of the force.

Liman was decorated alongside 29 other male counterparts by the Minister of State for Defence, Mrs. Olusola Obada, who represented the Minister of Defence, Dr. Haliru Bello, at the ceremony in Abuja.

Liman is also the first female pilot of the Air Force to have emerged from West Africa.

The minister called on the Armed Forces to put in more efforts to the campaign against terrorism in the country.

He maintained that the current security threats and the incidents of bombing required the efforts of all and should not be left in the hands of a single service.

He urged the Armed Forces to pay attention to the task of protecting Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religious inclination.

He urged Liman to maintain her record of outstanding performance, stressing that she was a major aspect of the nation since the commencement of democratic governance in 1999.

He said, “For the female pilot in your midst, as well as every woman serving in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, let me state that you represent independence,  power, equal rights and obligations.

“I dare add that you are a significant part of the success story of Nigeria since the advent of the current democratic dispensation; I urge you therefore, to remain outstanding examples.”

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Umar, said the emergence of Liman was in line with Jonathan’s directive to the Armed Forces to produce female combatants in the pursuit of the 35 per cent affirmative action.

Liman told reporters shortly after the event that she was able to surmount all challenges she encountered in the course with dedication.

http://www.punchng.com/news/air-force-decorates-first-female-combat-pilot/
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by naptu2: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2013
We've always had women in the police, but not in the mobile police force. The Obasanjo Administration changed that.

We've also always had women in the military, but not in combat roles. The Jonathan Administration has changed that.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by godswill4m(m): 9:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by illuminutty: 9:24am On Jan 19, 2013
she is just there to provide p.u.s.ss.s.y support to the commanders.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by teggysz(m): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2013
What do you know about guns? That's a Kalashnikov assault rifle (one of the most efficient guns ever made) it even penetrates standard issued-amour that's why it is a crime in virtually all countries of the world for a civilian to be in possession of one. #justLettingYouKnow

tellwisdom: See gun wey no fit kill common Goat; na em dis people dey display for world to see sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by illuminutty: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2013
naptu2:   

http://www.punchng.com/news/air-force-decorates-first-female-combat-pilot/

check her kitty wellu wellu, she might be a hermaphrodite going by her facial outlook. #justsaying#
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2013
Ghettoguru: Wow that's great! I'd like to date an army lady someday cheesy I admire their bravery....
i don't really mind Too, just that all of them are relatively married if not engaged.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Mospring(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2013
omiobo: I think I need to talk to my wife to join them grin
All na wash, she îs 2 fat. to be in the combat field.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Clemzy16(m): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2013
. . . .AnD mOSt Of tHEm sOLdieRS wILl Be hAPPy cOs dEy'rE tRAVellInG oUttA NAIja To mAli.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Princepioneer(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Nwunuken: AK is the most strongest gun in the world.
see grammargrin shocked
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by thelastdon(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Fhemmmy: They are yet to tackle the challenges in Nigeria, but yet have the balls to wanna help in Mali

I have never been a supporter of GEJ, but I think its right to do this coz once those people are through with Mali; Nigeria might be next
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by omiobo: 11:34am On Jan 19, 2013
Mospring: All na wash, she îs 2 fat. to be in the combat field.

You wan try her 6.2ft huge
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by uchechrist(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2013
I Degree there shall be no loss of any soul among in the mis of enemy!!! Go & conquer, God be with you all now and for evermore!!! Amen.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by youngmega: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
PRIDE OF NIGERIAN WOMEN.............BUT WHAT A MAN CAN DO ........WOMAN NO GO SMELL 50%
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by legalwealth(m): 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
mr.born2fuck:
can a woman urinate from moving train without getting her self messed up?

Hmmm...
Na where una mind go be that...
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by iamdsam: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
Are our troops suppose to go to Mali? Is this the right thing to do when we got Boko Haram insurgents in our backyard
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by ufumes(m): 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Low quality weapons! We can do better
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
ufumes: Low quality weapons! We can do better

For your mind you sabi high-quality weapons..You don kill cockroach before sef? sad shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Ebubejesus(m): 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
Please for people calling on the president to fight the extremist in nigeria rather than sending troops to mali, i want to let you know tat he is not sleeping over the issue or do you want him to attach to each house two soldiers in all the north before you will know that the young man is working? Moreover, Malian extremist are out for war while nigeria extremist are hiding. So if you know where they are just bring your information and the needful will be done. i think that the president needs our everyone's prayer so as Nigeria nation. One Nigeria!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Amodemaja: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
when givers of lives (women) becomes takers of lives I wounder where we are heading for.women are supose to be soft, kind, meek, peaceful, peak of decency, mother, positive & everything good & compassionate, but when we now handed them riffle to take human lives, are we not destined for doom? A woman who look @ a fellow human beigns & open fire @ them, what other evils wouldnt she be capable of doing, including brutalizing & intimidating anyone around her, her husband inclusive. What lessons will her children learn from her (violence?). What kind of pple will such children grow up to; calous & mean pple. What kind of society/community/nation are we building (bunch of terrorists /bokoharamists ?) I am not saying women should not serve in military but not to be invovled in bloodshed & violence. They can serve as doctor, nurses, administrative roles, inteligence, cooks, social worker etc. If we dont redress this issue, we will soon start to have women terrorist & that will be disastrous.when givers of lives (women) becomes takers of lives I wounder where we are heading for.women are supose to be soft, kind, meek, peaceful, peak of decency, mother, positive & everything good & compassionate, but when we now handed them riffle to take human lives, are we not destined for doom? A woman who look @ a fellow human beigns & open fire @ them, what other evils wouldnt she be capable of doing, including brutalizing & intimidating anyone around her, her husband inclusive. What lessons will her children learn from her (violence?). What kind of pple will such children grow up to; calous & mean pple. What kind of society/community/nation are we building (bunch of terrorists /bokoharamists ?) I am not saying women should not serve in military but not to be invovled in bloodshed & violence. They can serve as doctor, nurses, administrative roles, inteligence, cooks, social worker etc. If we dont redress this issue, we will soon start to have women terrorist & that will be disastrous.when givers of lives (women) becomes takers of lives I wounder where we are heading for.women are supose to be soft, kind, meek, peaceful, peak of decency, mother, positive & everything good & compassionate, but when we now handed them riffle to take human lives, are we not destined for doom? A woman who look @ a fellow human beigns & open fire @ them, what other evils wouldnt she be capable of doing, including brutalizing & intimidating anyone around her, her husband inclusive. What lessons will her children learn from her (violence?). What kind of pple will such children grow up to; calous & mean pple. What kind of society/community/nation are we building (bunch of terrorists /bokoharamists ?) I am not saying women should not serve in military but not to be invovled in bloodshed & violence. They can serve as doctor, nurses, administrative roles, inteligence, cooks, social worker etc. If we dont redress this issue, we will soon start to have women terrorist & that will be disastrous.
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by brownlord: 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
tellwisdom:
I still don't gerrit why you think everybody accessing N.L is the same people....guy, I look like u??...u don see me bfore?? ..na ur type soldier go hit their wife for yansh, u go dey look like donkey.#sorry for u sir.

All this America film una dey watch dey spoil una I sware, my friend, plz educate me na
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by brownlord: 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
cyril83: nigerian military is nothing to write home about...where were they when boko haram beat their security into their base and claimed souls...where were they when boko haram attacked SARS office in abuja and left untouched, so many cases had rendered them useless...a lot of this poo would never happen in the US military ..going to mali is nothing other than to rape and loot, no be naija army?

I just feel like givin u a dirty slap, come hv asked someone on this thread before, una size no dey for kaki, or butt when u never go buy the army form, so you can begin to write home about, since they are notin to write home about presently, idiot, clueless clown
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
brave woman. tongue
Re: Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2013
Amodemaja: when givers of lives (women) becomes takers of lives I wounder where we are heading for.women are supose to be soft, kind, meek, peaceful, peak of decency, mother, positive & everything good & compassionate, but when we now handed them riffle to take human lives, are we not destined for doom? A woman who look @ a fellow human beigns & open fire @ them, what other evils wouldnt she be capable of doing, including brutalizing & intimidating anyone around her, her husband inclusive. What lessons will her children learn from her (violence?). What kind of pple will such children grow up to; calous & mean pple. What kind of society/community/nation are we building (bunch of terrorists /bokoharamists ?)

I am not saying women should not serve in military but not to be invovled in bloodshed & violence. They can serve as doctor, nurses, administrative roles, inteligence, cooks, social worker etc. If we dont redress this issue, we will soon start to have women terrorist & that will be disastrous.

LOL!! grin

sir, men are also givers of life and yet they kill too!
what are you saying?

THE RED HAS KILLED ME WITH LAUGH! grin
Sir even people who partake in those roles are trained to handle weapons in the event that they must defend themselves. We live in a world where people don't care about masculinity vs femininity. Men are shooting women with no hesitation now...yet you say women must continue to be lady like even in life or death situations?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adamu Garba: Twitter Is An IPOB-Online Machine / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 / How Akpabio Was Rigged Out — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.