Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24318 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 8:51pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:
The bottle don grow? grin

I hope say u no be one of my friends wey don dey like 20yrs for UK. We de argue one time the guy say he from "Bendel" state grin. Everybody do fund raising to helep am go back home go visit small cheesy
Hahaha
Nah mehn. I am one of those naija kids their parents brought home as a teenager to get primary and secondary school education. I visit home every other year and I identify with my peeps the most. Many naijas are lost here though, mostly the ones that have family members living in states.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by InvertedHammer: 8:52pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:

I have never heard anything good about that Texas. undecided

So now even the Naija people there are messing around too? embarassed
A friend told me Houston is like Enugu. As in, many igbos/ Naijans there and their usual gra gra wey no get weight. Gossip, jealousy, comparison and other Naija misdemeanors.
And now Akwuna is added to the list embarassed

I shame embarassed

Houston is the lowest of the lows. Too many freaking Nigerians. If you call a taxi/cab, chances are that it will be a Nigerian and in few cases, Senegalese.

Too many Nigeria prostitutes competing with Akata around.

For fun, go to Legends on Richmond Avenue. The real sh.it starts around 12midnight. Nigerians there know the Nigeria runz girls and will gladly give you their numbers if you need company(?). God forbid bad thing!

Houston is just a clean version of Lagos.

Chilled there for 1 week. No need of 18hrs flight to get the Nigeria feeling.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 8:53pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann: Make I run comot from here. Una don spoil me on top the spoil wey I be before.

Make I go de find apartment joo.

Hmmm, Craigslist kwa. . . . ka m ga legharia Anya . . . . . America
Brah, naija scammers are on Craigslist be careful though. Bunch of legist websites are out there
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Houston is the lowest of the lows. Too many freaking Nigerians. If you call a taxi/cab, chances are that it will be a Nigerian and in few cases, Senegalese.

For fun, go to Legends on Richmond Avenue. The real sh.it starts around 12midnight.

shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by omo9ja1(m): 8:54pm On May 24, 2013
everything, family,social life, freedom ....etc
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 24, 2013
I need to hit Houston ! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 8:58pm On May 24, 2013
bootlegaz:
Brah, naija scammers are on Craigslist be careful though. Bunch of legist websites are out there
Yeah I know. I'm not paying any money online. I find where I like I'll go visit the place, if I dot like the place or if my spirit doesn't feel comfy with the dealers/agents I'm out.
I'm also using rent.com and apartment.com

So no worries. wink
Cheers for caring cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 9:00pm On May 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

For fun, go to Legends on Richmond Avenue. The real sh.it starts around 12midnight. Nigerians there know the Nigeria runz girls and will gladly give you their numbers if you need company(?). God forbid bad thing!

Hmmm na wa o. undecided

Hey, I thought prostitution is illegal in the US( apart from Nevada)
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by delors(m): 9:02pm On May 24, 2013
jeffizy:
The Man is dead now.
You must have been gone a long time!
Bros, u sure? shocked I just google the guy now and i see say he is even gaining more ground in the sports world in Nigeria?
Haba! Nor kill the man na?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 9:03pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123: I need to hit Houston ! grin grin grin grin

On second thoughts, shouldn't I hit this Houston? cheesy

No, I've had more than enough share of Naija babes, unless na for marriage. Make I de manage my tattoo girls for here. E go better someday. At least the one wey I get now no de take drugs.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 24, 2013
The Air In 9ja. Dahz all cryThe Air In 9ja. Dahz all
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 9:06pm On May 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Bros with all said sha Houston is the bomb to live in almost all the big cities in the US especially considering the environment and weather.Only few cities in the US can be compared to the place especially when you are feeling home sick you will always have peeps to visit
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by InvertedHammer: 9:06pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:

Hmmm na wa o. undecided

Hey, I thought prostitution is illegal in the US( apart from Nevada)

As if Nigerians understand "illegal" when owo is involved.
Na runz thing is en vogue over there.
U know...as in A knows B that knows C that knows D.
..Then the hook up.

They don't need girlfriends in Houston..not when you have $50 big booty girls around.
I tire for that city.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:

On second thoughts, shouldn't I hit this Houston? cheesy

No, I've had more than enough share of Naija babes, unless na for marriage. Make I de manage my tattoo girls for here. E go better someday. At least the one wey I get now no de take drugs.

you have a odd taste in woman, from Chinese babe you shift to tattoo babe undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by InvertedHammer: 9:09pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
Bros with all said sha Houston is the bomb to live in almost all the big cities in the US especially considering the environment and weather.Only few cities in the US can be compared to the place especially when you are feeling home sick you will always have peeps to visit

True talk!
But too many Nigerians in one place comes with its attendant issues: Envy, jealousy,scam, fraud,drugs,divorce, adultery, snitching, etc.

Am surprised jazz/otumokpo and poisoning have not been added to the list.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 9:12pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

you have a odd taste in woman, from Chinese babe you shift to tattoo babe undecided

Wrong. I went from Chinese to Indian to Mauritius to Spanish to Akata to Dominican Republique to German-American now to Italian American.

Get your facts right, kid angry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:

Wrong. I went from Chinese to Indian to Mauritius to Spanish to Akata to Dominican Republique to German-American now to Italian American.

Get your facts right, kid angry

sorry pops grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 24, 2013
I miss extended family members; pidgin slangs; and 'pure water' cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by NaLaugh: 9:18pm On May 24, 2013
Umm.. Let me see...
Ehn, wait let me process that information...
Still loading...
Please hold, your call is important to us..

Oh, yeah.. Nothing.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 9:21pm On May 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

True talk!
But too many Nigerians in one place comes with its attendant issues: Envy, jealousy,scam, fraud,drugs,divorce, adultery, snitching, etc.

Am surprised jazz/otumokpo and poisoning have not been added to the list.
All these you mentioned are prevalent amongst Nigerians in H-town.Infact that place is the Sub-headquarter of scammers(Fake Docu and ID) amongst Nigerians in the US with Brooklyn NY as corporate headquarter and ATL as regional Headquarter grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by NaLaugh: 9:22pm On May 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

As if Nigerians understand "illegal" when owo is involved.
Na runz thing is en vogue over there.
U know...as in A knows B that knows C that knows D.
..Then the hook up.

They don't need girlfriends in Houston..not when you have $50 big booty girls around.
I tire for that city.

Haha. $50 big booty girls. Good stuff.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
All these you mentioned are prevalent amongst Nigerians in H-town.Infact that place is the Sub-headquarter of scammers(Fake Docu and ID) amongst Nigerians in the US with Brooklyn NY as corporate headquarter and ATL as regional Headquarter grin grin
shocked
I'll add Medicare fraud to the list
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by heavensown: 9:24pm On May 24, 2013
I definitely miss suya, especially chicken suya. That is the first thing I will order for when I visit Naija again. I miss the lively and crazy Lagos!!! Despite all the wahala, you always just enjoy the city, full of life, hustle and bustle and fun. Even if you take commercial buses to work, there are things to talk about, people to talk to alongside the ever unfolding drama. In the UK, everybody just reads a newspaper or book or e-book on the train or tube. Dead silence all the time. No one talks to nobody, even to sing sef, you go look round. You get funny looks like you are a nuisance cheesy Everybody just stays indoors. You can't go and knock at a friend's place without notice. In Naija, people come to visit you and ''pass by''whether or not you are expecting them. Can't believe how much I miss those things now. But, that does not mean I want to go back sha grin grin grin grin I never ready to face NEPA, traffic, bad roads, thief, bribery etc One day e go better
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

sorry pops grin
that's better . . but now i'm kinda winding down a bit . . . . i may be heading home soon . . .looking for a cool headed chick . . . if they still exist grin

like play like play nwa mama don become professional bachelor o grin . . serial monogamy cheesy

i don tire for these club girls wey take smoke one thing or the other . .
the educated ones i see are either stupid. . or ugly . . or fat . . or short . . . or haughty . . . or incompetent in the room (highly unacceptable) . . .or just very annoying like one "unconfirmed virgin" like that i met in naija before i left . . .
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by collynzo2(m): 9:30pm On May 24, 2013
nacosprof: I 4still don travel out but my degree couldn't allow me, now am a graduate without Job,... Alternative hustle has been the key so far,..watching my future wasting b4 my bear-eyes
@bolded you see what your problem is?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 9:31pm On May 24, 2013
collynzo2:
@bolded you see what your problem is?
lol

i have insisted that we should officialize pidgin english and use it more efficiently, people say i dey craze . . de kind english and englishes wey i dey see here for nl . . or worse still facebook . . . it's obvious that those wey carry runs pass jamb and waec have started graduating and becoming the youth of the nation . . .

wahala dey o grin

graduate grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bigfrancis21: 9:32pm On May 24, 2013
heavensown: I definitely miss suya, especially chicken suya. That is the first thing I will order for when I visit Naija again. I miss the lively and crazy Lagos!!! Despite all the wahala, you always just enjoy the city, full of life, hustle and bustle and fun. Even if you take commercial buses to work, there are things to talk about, people to talk to alongside the ever unfolding drama. In the UK, everybody just reads a newspaper or book or e-book on the train or tube. Dead silence all the time. No one talks to nobody, even to sing sef, you go look round. You get funny looks like you are a nuisance cheesy Everybody just stays indoors. You can't go and knock at a friend's place without notice. In Naija, people come to visit you and ''pass by''whether or not you are expecting them. Can't believe how much I miss those things now. But, that does not mean I want to go back sha grin grin grin grin I never ready to face NEPA, traffic, bad roads, thief, bribery etc One day e go better
grin grin grin.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by InvertedHammer: 9:32pm On May 24, 2013
CFCfan:
shocked
I'll add Medicare fraud to the list

Oh I forgot.

Murder of wives that are nurses
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by gohome: 9:36pm On May 24, 2013
REALITY101: If you live in the US and feel like you're missing anything about Nigeria, time for you to relocate to Houston Texas. Nigeria community much.. Too many African food store and restaurant, incase you miss their whooo loudness, go to some Nigeria events/parties.

If I was born in Nigeria and live in Houston I no go miss nada thang.. Whenever I need taste of Nigeria, I usually go down to Houston.

Gala dey Houston ?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Oh I forgot.

Murder of wives that are nurses
True. The 'wife-murdering' incidents are getting out of hand embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by sync(f): 9:37pm On May 24, 2013
NZU(WHITE CHALK)AND NIECES AND NEPHEWS
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 24, 2013
2buff:

This man speaks the truth. Snapped my dp in Houston earlier this year. Fun times grin

Hola @ your boy next time you stop by... I have 25 cents saying you ate at finger licking, united sisters and clubbed at belvedere

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

20 Things To Know About The Calabar Sea Port (A Must Read) / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? / How Long Does It Take To Travel From Lagos To Ph By Road?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.