Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24338 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 24, 2013
Shollypopz:
Hmmmm............

Huh?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

lol grin I said I was moving to Tx in a couple of months lol

Lol I give up
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 9:42pm On May 24, 2013
CFCfan:
True. The 'wife-murdering' incidents are getting out of hand embarassed
why are they killing their wives? and what has it got to do with nursing?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 24, 2013
Gala and La-casera!
Pure water!
Okada!
Danfo conductors!
Amala and Ewedu!
Noise of generators!
The tin plenty, abeg! cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by HARDDON: 9:49pm On May 24, 2013
had missed momma's meal buh not currently wink wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:
why are they killing their wives? and what has it got to do with nursing?

I guess some of the men were greatly angered by perceived wrongs committed by their spouses cry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 10:01pm On May 24, 2013
REALITY101:

Hola @ your boy next time you stop by... I have 25 cents saying you ate at finger licking, united sisters and clubbed at belvedere
Bad guy.Houstonian all the way grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2013
CFCfan:

I guess some of the men were greatly angered by perceived wrongs committed by their spouses cry
Most of the so called women are Akunna.They use the owambe forum to execute their escapade and this gets the men frustrated with the feelings of betrayal.Perhaps the woman was brought from the village by them to the US and when they start working(Nurse) and mingling with other owambeish women they start flirting around
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 24, 2013
FYI, there is a "Finger Licking" restaurant in Okota
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 24, 2013
REALITY101:

Hola @ your boy next time you stop by... I have 25 cents saying you ate at finger licking, united sisters and clubbed at belvedere

Ah at all mehn.
All my chopping was done at Lagos Island Cafe. I gbadun dat place.
I feel clubs are a waste of time so I usually do other things with my time. cheesy

Houston was fun because of the people I knew there, and the "naija-ness" of the environment which I have missed. The people there are also easier to talk to I think...at least compared to western Canada.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 24, 2013
Home is Peckham, London...

Damn!!! I miss the mandem and the banter; tennis games at Burgess park and the jokes; Sunday football at Peckham park, Dulwich park, and Burgess park; my Pecknizzy chics; Obalende suya and Tunde Barbers; and South London clubs where fights happen every 2secs... grin

Hometown tears!! cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
Most of the so called women are Akunna.They use the owambe forum to execute their escapade and this gets the men frustrated with the feelings of betrayal.Perhaps the woman was brought from the village by them to the US and when they start working(Nurse) and mingling with other owambeish women they start flirting around

this is sad sad
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2013
shymexx: Home is Peckham, London...

Damn!!! I miss the mandem and the banter; tennis games at Burgess park and the jokes; Sunday football at Peckham park, Dulwich park, and Burgess park; my Pecknizzy chics; Obalende suya and Tunde Barbers; and South London clubs where fights happen every 2secs... grin

Hometown tears!! cry
WTF shymexx undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2013
south london . . . shocked . . i'll rather live in calabar
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
WTF shymexx undecided undecided

Bruv, that's home right there.

That's a country within a country - home of the bravehearts.

Spreading love is the PeckNARM way, you need to visit soon...

Err...we call it Little Lagos as well. wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:15pm On May 24, 2013
shymexx: Home is Peckham, London...

Hometown tears!! cry
Jokes villa! wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:16pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann: south london . . . shocked . . i'll rather live in calabar
Shat it! angry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Jokes villa! wink

Uncle Tunde looks like a crackhead now... grin

That's my guy - he barbed two generations of Nigerians!! grin

Salute, Tunde Barbers!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by collynzo2(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2013
Spits on thread and walks away
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by redsun(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2013
Miss the serenity of the village and abundant greeneries.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 24, 2013

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:19pm On May 24, 2013
shymexx:

Uncle Tunde looks like a crackhead now... grin

That's my guy - he barbed two generations of Nigerians!! grin

Salute, Tunde Barbers!!
Yea! He probz messing wiv salt.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 10:21pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:
lol

i have insisted that we should officialize pidgin english and use it more efficiently, people say i dey craze . . de kind english and englishes wey i dey see here for nl . . or worse still facebook . . . it's obvious that those wey carry runs pass jamb and waec have started graduating and becoming the youth of the nation . . .

wahala dey o grin

graduate grin
Don't go to Nigeria to get married. Find a wife here.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yea! He probz messing wiv salt.

I don't know. But it seems he's messing with too much high grade.

He still has that rough cornrows...and he slashed some guy's forehead with a clipper the last time I went there. My man was proper pissed at the guy looool.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 10:25pm On May 24, 2013
Houston is a great place to visit if you have the right naija clicks. We bottles up!! In that city, if I lie ask Akata girls about naija boyz
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 10:26pm On May 24, 2013
I aint talking about the fast lane naija boyz, oil boyz to be exact or better still "six figure of speech"
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 24, 2013

There's no place like South London in London Town.

That's where everything happens - the rest are still playing catch-up, trying to imitate us. But they can't see us! Just tell anyone you're from South London in London Town and watch how they'll rate you. wink

You need to come out here for South London hospitality
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 24, 2013
@ID

I was going to say "He slashed." grin

My bad.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by omowaleola(f): 10:31pm On May 24, 2013
Somorin#1:
The buka at New Garage and Top One in Ibadan.

Oh and I miss my Wife too.
I guess u are refering to Iya Ope at New Garage. Sorry, cos the place has been demolished just last month. I love the place too.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 24, 2013
I miss my dog...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by InvertedHammer: 10:33pm On May 24, 2013
CFCfan:

It is poverty!

Some of these women are nurses and make between $50K to $80k (double shifts and overtime) in a year. For them $80k is a lot of money, as in African Bill Gates. So they start harassing, disrespecting and cheating on their husbands. And as the saying goes "hell has no fury as a woman scorned" without remembering that "a woman scorned has no fury as a dejected husband with a gun who has nothing more to lose".

You got the picture? Those women forget that 6ft is 6ft until the inevitable happens. And the cycle continues....
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 10:38pm On May 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Shat it! angry

will you marry me kiss

bootlegaz:
Don't go to Nigeria to get married. Find a wife here.

i've already found one here . . .
--->Idowuogbo . cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Says Bus Fares Will Not Be Increased Despite Fuel Price / How Long Does It Take To Travel From Lagos To Ph By Road? / One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.