Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? (12340 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Nobody Will Leave PDP For Opposition - Tukur / INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
jmaine:

Most hilarious post on this thread cheesy . . . . Blatant ignorance . . .
Yeah, that's all you can say when faced with cold facts. Pray ppl don't vote out of ethnoreligious sentiment, you are outnumbered.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
honeric01:

I no people like you can't answer simple questions, people of questionable characters are like this. grin grin

Suit yourself boy, I am not oblige to dignify your rhetoric with any rebuttal.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
I rejoice greatly anytime I see pointlessB and his gang piss in their pants whenever the name Buhari is mentioned. grin
Am very much convinced that he is part of the most corrupt in this country who most likely will go on exile the moment Buhari becomes President. However their peace won't last long becos we will get them all extradited and fry their balls. grin
If their host nations resist, we will forcefully and mercilessly crate them back to face justice. grin

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Gbawe: 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Alrite. Permit me to ask a question which is actually a deviation from the thrust of this thread. For this thread, we are discussing realism and realistic prospects. However, let me just digress slightly to inquire from you if you personally believe it is apt, moral, proper, historically acceptable, conscionable and respectful to ourselves as a nation - to parade or elect a former military coupist as a presidential candidate in this country - a coupist who overthrew the last democratic government in this country?

If you know me well here you will know that (1) I stick to contemporary politics here and refrain from historical events because it is an area bogged down by subjective interpretation to the extent those who were not there, like many on this forum, can speak vehemently and decisively in favour of the versions of events they wish to accept. Carrying on a debate with folks of such mentality is an exercise in futility. I therefore prefer to talk of things I understand completely and can speak on devoid of conjecture.

(2)If at all I will comment on historical event I will pay respect to the fact I was not present at the times of those events and must not arbitrarily chose versions of events to believe. I will therefore rely on the documentations of events as much as possible by eye witness as the most sensible method to gain a mental picture of events I did not witness or live through. That is how it is worldwide - even if we like to emotionally 'blur' the lines in Nigeria. To that end, it has been stated time without number by those who were present during that period, and even the man himself, that the coup was not a Buhari coup. That is good enough for me.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13873-muhammadu-buhari-i-never-plotted-a-coup-in-my-entire-career

But after that, Shagari was overthrown. I was invited to head the government after the coup as the most senior officer. It was not a Buhari coup. I never plotted a coup throughout my military career. I was not a coup plotter. I was invited.

I was in Jos. They sent a jet to me flown by one of General Gowon’s younger brothers. He was a pilot. He told me that those who conducted the coup had invited me for discussion.

I went to Lagos. I was flown to Lagos. Yes. And they said ok, those who were in charge of the coup had said that I would be the head of state. And I was.

Twenty months after, same colleagues who invited me changed their minds. Some claimed part of what they said when they took over power was that I had become “too rigid, too uncompromising and arrogated knowledge of problems and solutions to yourself and my late deputy, Idiagbon.

Well, I think Nigerians had better identify those who did that and interview them so that they can tell what happened. From my own point of view, I was the chairman of the three councils, which, by change of the constitution, were in charge of the country. They were the Supreme Military Council, the Executive Council and the National Council of State. I was the chairman of all. Maybe when you interview those who were part of the coup, they will tell you my rigidity and whether I worked outside those organs: the Supreme Military Council, the Council of State and the Council of Ministers.

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DickTator1: 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Demdem: I rejoice greatly anytime I see pointlessB and his gang piss in their pants whenever the name Buhari is mentioned. grin
Am very much convinced that he is part of the most corrupt in this country who most likely will go on exile the moment Buhari becomes President. However their peace won't last long becos we will get them all extradited and fry their balls. grin

I think you would have to wait till 2019. That is the most realistic time anyone can unseat GEJ.

I think most people here have little or no value for history. Those clamouring for Buhari now should ask their father why Nigerians jubilated when Buhari was toppled. You only have to check the history of that era to realize what a religious bigot Buhari is.

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by nuclearboy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^ I am sorry Gbawe, but once DeepSight makes up his mind, he won't back down - not to facts, not to reason, not even to basic tenets of fairness and decency! Your post (no matter how factual) will be overlooked or more likely swept aside & dismissed! His prior comments show that GMB is not what he wanted brought up on the thread

cheesy grin now that I have taunted him, let's see how lawyers rebut! We are old foes so I know what to expect
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Dick Tator:

I think you would have to wait till 2019. That is the most realistic time anyone can unseat GEJ.

I think most people here have little or no value for history. Those clamouring for Buhari now should ask their father why Nigerians jubilated when Buhari was toppled. You only have to check the history of that era to realize what a religious bigot Buhari is.

Another 4yrs of cluelessness under the killer leader will be calamitous. The earlier the retardeen and his killer gangs leave, the better. All hands should be on deck to actualise this patriotic duty.

As regards Buhari, I think u are the ignorant one here. It's either u were misinformed or u are deliberately distorting facts. Anyway, it still doesn't change the fact that he is our best bet today.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by jmaine: 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
lagcity:
Yeah, that's all you can say when faced with cold facts. Pray ppl don't vote out of ethnoreligious sentiment, you are outnumbered.

You call what "Cold" facts cheesy. . .the same facts with Buhari winning in a landslide fashion on Nairaland yet getting pummeled on the real field . . . .

All i do is smile at the nairaland crew building castles over a Mirage . . .

The day Buhari declares is the day the PDP will be popping the champagne grin . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Gooogle(m): 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
It is really amazing how this thread started and gradually got derailed more especially by the OP himself. And I must say, the first 3 pages were nice, after then only God knows what happened.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Wadeoye(m): 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Dick Tator:

Typical ss or se villager. Come out from the bush/creek and see how nigerians will vote in 2015.

Buhari/Fashola or Buhari/oshiomole.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Gooogle(m): 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
jmaine:

You call what "Cold" facts cheesy. . .the same facts with Buhari winning in a landslide fashion on Nairaland yet getting pummeled on the real field . . . .

All i do is smile at the nairaland crew building castles over a Mirage . . .

The election that was massively rigged abi which one. I voted in one of the Niger delta states, it was terrible. What my eyes saw, my mouth cant say. rubbish
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by jmaine: 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Gooogle:

The election that was massively rigged abi which one. I voted in one of the Niger delta states, it was terrible. What my eyes saw, my mouth cant say. rubbish

Another bullshyte attempt . . .I voted in lagos and GEJ trounced that old man convincingly . . .
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

You say he has never planned or participated in any coup. That is a very odd statement, which only a Nigerian is capable of making. Please note the two words I highlighted in red; and take note of their different connotations.

At all events, being the emergent Head of State through the self same coup, the burden of proof should rest on you, or anybody else, who asserts that he had no part in the coup, to show why this is so, and adduce the "historical facts" that make this so.

Not that you would.
I knew what your highlights means PLANNED/PARTICIPATED. If you knew the coup Buhari planned or participated, please name it. Serving a military govt is not the same as planning or participating in coup. You guys should stop spreading something that is untruth, purely because you are programmed by crooked politicians to hate somebody.

2 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DickTator1: 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wadeoye:

Typical ss or se villager. Come out from the bush/creek and see how nigerians will vote in 2015.

Weather you like it or not GEJ is going to remain your president. Might as well hit your head against the wall if you think hugging a transformer is humilliating.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Wadeoye(m): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Gooogle: It is really amazing how this thread started and gradually got derailed more especially by the OP himself. And I must say, the first 3 pages were nice, after then only God knows what happened.

Probably the op thought we are all from ss and se most of whom hate to hear Buhari. It baffles me when a minority group thinks it can determine who wins or loses election. You asked Nigerians who they want and they say Buhari - why should this be a problem for someone who disguises as an innocent patriotic seeker of knowledge/information. With the way he muddled up the threat, showing his real self, it would have been better for his anti-buhari course to just open a direct anti-Buhari thread or a thread promoting his candidate.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wadeoye:

And which concrete jungle do you come from, Mr Bush and Creek?

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 11:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Frankly I am shocked and utterly gobsmacked that you would state that Buhari's treason of 1983 "restored pride to our nation".

This statement is so bewildering that I cannot fathom a response. Not even in light of the truncation of the young democracy - which led to 16 of the darkest years in Nigeria's history.

O kare o.
What treason? Do you think that the likes of Tam David West committed treason in 1983 or '84 as well?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DickTator1: 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wadeoye:

Probably the op thought we are all from ss and se most of whom hate to hear Buhari.

You can make Buhari the gov of your state for all we care but you can't force him on other Nigerians. This was the same Buhari hated with venom by the sw dominated press in the 80s. You only want Buhari for political expediency.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by takedat(m): 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
GEJ choristers shouldn't get overly upset, the election is still two years from now before GEJ packs his belongings under the watchful gaze of Buhari or whoever to Otueke! Lol
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Wadeoye(m): 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
Dick Tator:

You can make Buhari the gov of your state for all we care but you can't force him on other Nigerians. This was the same Buhari hated with venom by the sw dominated press in the 80s. You only want Buhari for politicdl expediency.

All we need for Buhari to be president is simple majority - democracy does not require everybody to vote for him. So, we are not worry at all that you would vote wrongly again. But I can asure you, majority of nigerians will do the right thing this time around.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 12:15am On Jan 22, 2013
Wadeoye:

All we need for Buhari to be president is simple majority - democracy does not require everybody to vote for him. So, we are not worry at all that you would vote wrongly again. But I can asure you, majority of nigerians will do the right thing this time around.

Clown. Simple majority vote indeed. Baffles me that folks who don't understand how Nigeria election is decided still prowl this forum. Ignorance is bliss indeed!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by bappahman: 12:35am On Jan 22, 2013
bappahman: Pls without calling me names or insults tell me wat is the worst the so call religious extremist buhari can do as a president dat ppl here don't like him
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by alakid: 1:52am On Jan 22, 2013
Deep Sight,
Why start a threat of questions when you know you already have a biased mind towards the answers you hope to get.
A word of advice, next time just state your opinion and ask what Nairalanders think about it. Atleast those who have done so were not banned!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by alakid: 1:57am On Jan 22, 2013
What candidates can they realistically offer as Presidential and Vice-Presidential flag-bearers who would

a) Have a realistic chance of unseating Goodluck and -

b) Be very likely to change the fortunes of this country positively.

Nominate

President: Buhari, or whoever he supports.
Vice President: does it really matter?

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by pazienza(m): 2:04am On Jan 22, 2013
One thing is sure, come 2015 Buhari will win in nairaland again,and GEJ will win in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 2:22am On Jan 22, 2013
Wadeoye:

Who is this "we"? Buhari in my opinion is a very honest and straight forward man, whose likeness will never win election in Nigeria because his principle of honesty doesn't conform well with the normal Nigerian standard.
But I do believe that many of you in the SW hailing him now are not genuine, you want to use his good name as a ladder to climb back into position of power through the back door of a possible VP position. After all the guy is ageing.

You had the chance to make him president in 2011, what did you do? You sold him a penny and half to Jonathan/PDP. In 2003, you had the chance but you chose the rogue of your son OBJ and to the extent of sacrificing AD governors in the process.

So you guys are not fooling anyone with this your sudden Buhari is now your messiah of convenient. Though I still regard him as the only genuine politician alive today in Nigeria irrespective of what his detractors has chose to paint him and programmed bigoted Nigerian tribalist to believe.

4 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by nuclearboy(m): 6:12am On Jan 22, 2013
Eziachi:
Who is this "we"? Buhari in my opinion is a very honest and straight forward man, whose likeness will never win election in Nigeria because his principle of honesty doesn't conform well with the normal Nigerian standard.
But I do believe that many of you in the SW hailing him now are not genuine, you want to use his good name as a ladder to climb back into position of power through the back door of a possible VP position. After all the guy is ageing.

You had the chance to make him president in 2011, what did you do? You sold him a penny and half to Jonathan/PDP. In 2003, you had the chance but you chose the rogue of your son OBJ and to the extent of sacrificing AD governors in the process.

So you guys are not fooling anyone with this your sudden Buhari is now your messiah of convenient. Though I still regard him as the only genuine politician alive today in Nigeria irrespective of what his detractors has chose to paint him and programmed bigoted Nigerian tribalist to believe.

Yes, he was sold out in 2011 but not by the SW (except you consider Tinubu as the south west)! What happened was 2 pronged 1. The hype about the name "Goodluck" + the stories bandied about how he always from being number 2 displaced his number 1, pushed many of our overtly religious lazy selves to believe that he had a date with destiny! Maybe he did indeed but today, that destiny is seen by most as destructive rather than restorative! 2. The failure of the "merger" which translated into apathy in the SW.

Today however, it is frightening how a man so hailed in 2011 has become so reviled! And you'd be amazed how people are informally preaching Buhari and recollecting 1984! Suddenly, its as though people remember "NOW", that we became clean, reasoning etc in his day!

We (as though women) have served 2 husbands now and now know the good husband is not the flamboyant one who took us to parties when wooing us but the quiet one who builds and maintains the home
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PastorKun(m): 7:03am On Jan 22, 2013
nuclearboy:

Yes, he was sold out in 2011 but not by the SW (except you consider Tinubu as the south west)! What happened was 2 pronged 1. The hype about the name "Goodluck" + the stories bandied about how he always from being number 2 displaced his number 1, pushed many of our overtly religious lazy selves to believe that he had a date with destiny! Maybe he did indeed but today, that destiny is seen by most as destructive rather than restorative! 2. The failure of the "merger" which translated into apathy in the SW.

Today however, it is frightening how a man so hailed in 2011 has become so reviled! And you'd be amazed how people are informally preaching Buhari and recollecting 1984! Suddenly, its as though people remember "NOW", that we became clean, reasoning etc in his day!

We (as though women) have served 2 husbands now and now know the good husband is not the flamboyant one who took us to parties when wooing us but the quiet one who builds and maintains the home

My brother you are still giving yourself high blood pressure over that old despot. Abeg take am easy jor. The best buhari can do for this country is to anoint a credible young and dynamic candidate who is in touch with the realities of our time. I have told you countless times that a buhari that was a non performer in his youth can never hope to perform as a disgruntled vision less old hag.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2013
PointB:

Suit yourself boy, I am not oblige to dignify your rhetoric with any rebuttal.

Because you don't have any to give if not the normal beer parlor rumor. grin
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 7:26am On Jan 22, 2013
Gooogle:

u dey mind the goons. The election here in PH was a fraud.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2013
alakid: What candidates can they realistically offer as Presidential and Vice-Presidential flag-bearers who would

a) Have a realistic chance of unseating Goodluck and -

b) Be very likely to change the fortunes of this country positively.

Nominate

President: Buhari, or whoever he supports.
Vice President: does it really matter?

Actually it does. its all about the numbers and believe me that either Fashola/ oshiomole can surely do that to augment whatever the General brings to the table from the north and middle belt grin. Infact, Oshiomole will even steal from the SS sef grin or who in his right sense in Edo will want to vote vote anything PDP grin grin
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

My brother you are still giving yourself high blood pressure over that old despot. Abeg take am easy jor. The best buhari can do for this country is to anoint a credible young and dynamic candidate who is in touch with the realities of our time. I have told you countless times that a buhari that was a non performer in his youth can never hope to perform as a disgruntled vision less old hag.

Now that you have nothing to say to back up your false accusation, all that's left is to call him despot? what would Jesus do PASTOR KUNLE? Godiswatchingyouowayupfromabove.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari To Niger Delta Militants: Negotiation Remains Your Best Option / Ghosts Of EndSARS Haunt FG’s Policies On Power, Petrol Subsidies / More Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign In Yenagoa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.