Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? (12343 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Nobody Will Leave PDP For Opposition - Tukur / INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by takedat(m): 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eziachi:
Who did the ACN governor worked for in 2011, because last I checked Ribadu they fielded is still asking, what happened?
If you were opportuned to read one of Tinubu's interview where he stated that Ribadu had mutually consented to dropping his ambition for Buhari prior to the inconclusive talks with CPC, and since CPC wasn't forthcoming they(ACN) had to work with Jonathan cos they had nothing to lose or gain. But if the merger sails through, it will be a different ball game entirely.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Wadeoye(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eziachi:
And who did the South West gave their vote in 2011?

For reasons best known to the stakeholders. Acn is the party in south west and people here vote along that line. If the acn which is their rallying points says gej implicitly or explicitely, gej may still have his way. But will that ever happen in 2015 with the merger? Of course NO and not even with the failure of GEJ. South west dont support failure even if he is their son. So, forget about GEJ winning south west in 2015 and it will too bad if you cant read the handwritting on the wall already. And in 2011, a lot of people didnt bother to vote due to the silence of acn.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
If GEJ contest election in 2015 he will win.. So don't get your hopes up for nothing. You guys don't know tinubu at all. Every ACN insider insider during the last election of 2011 knows what am talking about.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by takedat(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Demdem:

I have heard this several times however having an idea of the average psyche of our brothers up there i doubt if this will work. Let buhari raise Ribadu's hands as much as he can, he simply cant gather as much votes as what Buhari himself will gather. The guy is simply an enigma up there. its all about the numbers.
Read somewhere that Buhari may decide to jettison his ambition for the merger to sail through. With Buhari's support for Ribadu, then its a done deal up north!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wadeoye:

For reasons best known to the stakeholders. Acn is the party in south west and people here vote along that line. If the acn which is their rallying points says gej implicitly or explicitely, gej may still have his way. But will that ever happen in 2015 with the merger? Of course NO and not even with the failure of GEJ. South west dont support failure even if he is their son. So, forget about GEJ winning south west in 2015 and it will too bad if you cant read the handwritting on the wall already. And in 2015, a lot of people didnt bother to vote due to the silence of acn.

Infact, i doubt if SW PDP will want to have anything to do with the retardeen in 2015 considering the fact that so far he has disappointed them
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by takedat(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
gboss4sure: If GEJ contest election in 2015 he will win.. So don't get your hopes up for nothing. You guys don't know tinubu at all. Every ACN insider insider during the last election of 2011 knows what am talking about.
Guy, its people like you that gives Tinubu a larger than life image, he knows deep down that if he assist in truncating the merger his relevance will become worthless because they seem to be a lot of disaffection towards him right about now!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Demdem(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
take dat: Read somewhere that Buhari may decide to jettison his ambition for the merger to sail through. With Buhari's support for Ribadu, then its a done deal up north!

During the intro of CPC merger committee, he was quoted to have stated that the merger talks has no selfish ambition undertones whatsoever so its possible he may jettison it. It still doesn't change the fact that they will surely have less votes than if Buhari himself contested. I hope ur optimism becomes a reality.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
take dat: Guy, its people like you that gives Tinubu a larger than life image, he knows deep down that if he assist in truncating the merger his relevance will become worthless because they seem to be a lot of disaffection towards him right about now!

Say whatever you want, Just wait till 2015.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by nduchucks: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Clearly, a vast majority of Nairalanders rightfully believe that the next President should come from the North. Kudos to you guys for recognizing this reality.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by takedat(m): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Demdem:

During the intro of CPC merger committee, he was quoted to have stated that the merger talks has no selfish ambition undertones whatsoever so its possible he may jettison it. It still doesn't change the fact that they will surely have less votes than if Buhari himself contested. I hope ur optimism becomes a reality.
I know this is all about political permutations. If Ribadu gets a good support from ACN and Buhari, he will score more votes than Bihari did in 2011. The only obstacle that could wane his support base up north is if PDP presents a northern candidate!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Coldfaya(m): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
lacasa: what people esp those that have a bleak perception of Nigeria's current situation is that;-

Nigerians need Buuhari more than Buhari needs Nigeria!.

If we really want a change in the way our country is being managed especially pertaining to curbing corruption, then Buhari is the best out of all the rest to efficiently do this!.

​ so ​, the Best and wisest choice for the opposition Is for a Buhari/Fashola led Nigeria from 2015 (God-willing).

And, after one term (considering Buhari's age) then Fashola should take off where Buhari would have left off ie Buhari should preside over Nigeria for ONE-TERM in office.

May God help us...Amen.

I couldn't even wait to finish reading ur comment before hitting d quote option.
Best comment IMO.......Nigeria need Buhari more than he needs Nigeria. We have all to loose as we can see presently buh I see him as someone who honestly know he has something to offer d country.
A buhari/fashola ticket ll be an earthquake to corruption. My vote is his already
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by sesanrota(m): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bros, why asking, afterall what will be will be as you' ve ealier ascerted

okpara ugo:

In which geopolitical zone was the survey conducted
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Olaposij(m): 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
fkaz:

Why do you think the middle-belt will vote for jonathan massively again?
Most of them voted jona base on religion and minority issue. Seen jona from a minority part, in nigeria context. But this man has fail in tackling nigeria nightmare, which is corruption.
So nigerian need some one who will tackle corruption and injustice, come 2015 buhari all d way

I don't really care much for GEJ. He has exhausted all the goodwill Nigerians can ever give him.. Don't care much for Buhari too... Don't think Buhari will ever be an improvement over GEJ. Have Ʊ ever heard him say anything intelligent about moving dis country forward.. He only talks about blood, monkeys and baboons.. Ever heard Pat Utomi talk about the economy b4? Doesn't seem like Buhari has any idea about how τ̲̅ȍ move Nigeria forward and if he has, he's not telling us.. As per d middle belt voting buhari, i don't think it will ever happen.. Don't see how the Tivs and Udomas of benue, d beroms of plateau or the tarabians will ever vote buhari.. Not very sure about d kwarans though, they are so used τ̲̅ȍ being teleguided by Olusola Saraki that they'l probably not know wht τ̲̅ȍ do at the next elections.. I think Buhari shld not contest in d next elections, he should find a younger man τ̲̅ȍ support.. Som1 with better appeal τ̲̅ȍ the southerners.. Buharis support 4 any candidate cld definitely be the diff in d elections. But if he contests himself, he's gonna lose...
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by pazienza(m): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Now,let me expose the tribalism and regionalism,the two civil war bed fellows are trying to cover with a veneer of patroitism. The two bed fellows fought for a one nigeria they can control,with gowon and awo at the helm of affairs,it was mission accomplished. Fast foward to 2013,the two regions have lost out in the power game to a minority from the east,so they want the power back. This isn't about love for nigeria,this is about control of nigeria,a buhari/fashola ticket,to pave way for fashola's presidency after buhari eight years tenure,this is what this is all about.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by pazienza(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
All this trash about GEJ govt being corrupt is trash,OBJ was no better,yet these tribalists never campaigned against his second tenure,they all kept mute. The north kept quite during yaradua's tenure,now they have lost out,and they have teamed up with their partners in crime.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by kettykin: 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
[img] ACN Swing State GEJ BUHARI
1 Lagos Kwara Enugu Kano
2 Osun Nassarawa Imo Katsina
3 Oyo Gombe Abia Sokoto
4 Ogun Bauchi Anambra zamfara
5 Ondo Ebonyi Kebbi
6 Ekiti Rivers Borno
7 Cross River Yobe
8 Delta Niger
9 Edo Jigawa
10 Bayelsa
11 Akwa Ibom
12 Benue
13 Plataue
14 Taraba
15 Kogi
16 Abuja
17 Kaduna
18 Adamawa
[/img]
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
naijababe:

Ever heard the saying ' Once bitten, twice shy' sir?
what has bitten you twice?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Demdem:

pa Eziachi, in as much as i believe great igbo sons exist that can channel this country in the right path, i dont think talking about Igbo presidency in 2015 is the way to go considering the fact that we have Ebele Azikwe Jonathan as President. With due respect, Igbo presidency in 2015 is an impossibility.
Whoever rules Nigeria is the least of my concern. My question was, why Ngige/Igbo should a subject of VP/ That doesn't mean I am telling you that Igbo should be president. What is special attachment to them with VP?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Eziachi: 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wadeoye:

For reasons best known to the stakeholders. Acn is the party in south west and people here vote along that line. If the acn which is their rallying points says gej implicitly or explicitely, gej may still have his way. But will that ever happen in 2015 with the merger? Of course NO and not even with the failure of GEJ. South west dont support failure even if he is their son. So, forget about GEJ winning south west in 2015 and it will too bad if you cant read the handwritting on the wall already. And in 2011, a lot of people didnt bother to vote due to the silence of acn.
What makes you think its not going to happen again? One minute you are asking a girl her hand in marriage and the next you are at the altar with another girl saying, I do. Charming!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
pazienza: Now,let me expose the tribalism and regionalism,the two civil war bed fellows are trying to cover with a veneer of patroitism. The two bed fellows fought for a one nigeria they can control,with gowon and awo at the helm of affairs,it was mission accomplished. Fast foward to 2013,the two regions have lost out in the power game to a minority from the east,so they want the power back. This isn't about love for nigeria,this is about control of nigeria,a buhari/fashola ticket,to pave way for fashola's presidency after buhari eight years tenure,this is what this is all about.

My guy spot on.

That is why MASSOB and MEND should prepare to up their games, if they are indeed reading the hand writing on the wall. Have you noticed in it all their is no plan to include minorities and resource owners in their equation. It is all about oil politics and access to the treasury to loot the nation and position Fashola for presidency in 2019 at the expense of the SE and SS. Some folks think they are smart!

But I believe though, it will all come to nought as the SW will wake up to the rude reality that they infact do not control the Lagos votes!

2015 will be very interesting!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by pazienza(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
ndu_chucks: Clearly, a vast majority of Nairalanders rightfully believe that the next President should come from the North. Kudos to you guys for recognizing this reality.
Yea,just like Buhari won the 2011 election in nairaland poll. Reality bro,wake up!

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by nuclearboy(m): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
ndu_chucks: Clearly, a vast majority of Nairalanders rightfully believe that the next President should come from the North. Kudos to you guys for recognizing this reality.

I think what most Nairalanders believe is that Buhari should be the next president starting 2015! I also think they are right in that assertion!

Those expecting militants to say "its our oil" forget that the reason such ideas came up is because of the irresponsibility of past leaders in taking care of the regions that produce the oil! Interestingly, there has been NO difference now that their "son" is in charge!

Under an accountable, sincere and responsible Buhari who's seen to be doing the right thing(s), law and order will be restored!

This is instantly obvious to all but the laptop gang (and other human garbage) who are not interested in a honest days work, but want the present irresponsibility to continue

3 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by pazienza(m): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

My guy spot on.

That is why MASSOB and MEND should prepare to up their games, if they are indeed reading the hand writing on the wall. Have you notices in it all their is no plan to include minorities and resource owners in their equation. It is all about oil politics and access to the treasury.

But I believe though, it will all come to nought as the SW will wake up to the rude reality that they infact do not control the Lagos votes!

2015 will be very interesting!
The men from south west think we can't see through their veneer of patroitism, i can see tinubu making buhari to sign an agreement to hand over to his yoruba vice,when he is through. These people have not learnt from awo-gowon scenario, Buhari is a power hungry coup plotter,he had once truncated our democracy,and he won't have any problem doing it again when the time comes for his hand over. Of course,this can never happen,as buhari and his south-west partners,will be silenced come 2015. Fresh air all the way!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by pazienza(m): 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
nuclearboy:

I think what most Nairalanders believe is that Buhari should be the next president starting 2015! I also think they are right in that assertion!

Those expecting militants to say "its our oil" forget that the reason such ideas came up is because of the irresponsibility of past leaders in taking care of the regions that produce the oil! Interestingly, there has been NO difference now that their "son" is in charge!

Under an accountable, sincere and responsible Buhari who's seen to be doing the right thing(s), law and order will be restored!

This is instantly obvious to all but the laptop gang (and other human garbage) who are not interested in a honest days work, but want the present irresponsibility to continue
Buhari is a murderer and a coup plotter who truncated our democracy,in saner climes,he should have been hung.

2 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
pazienza: The men from south west think we can't see through their veneer of patroitism, i can already see tinubu making buhari to sign an agreement to hand over to his yoruba vice,when he is through. These people have not learnt from awo-gowon scenario, Buhari is a power hungry coup plotter,he had once truncated our democracy,and he won't have any problem doing it again when the time comes for his hand over. Of course,this can never happen,as buhari and his south-west partners,will be silenced come 2015. Fresh air all the way!

My brother, the people we are dealing with are intrinsically ethnicist and care only for themselves and no other. I am glad your recognise their motivation, even as they mask it in the cloak of patriotism. What patriotism if I may ask?

Where was buhari when these people vote obj? Where was he when yar adua was elected? All of a sudden he is their champion. Yoruba support for buhari is only hinged on the assumption that he will pick one of their own (Yoruba) as VP. In all the permutation, have you heard a single Yoruba man suggest buhari and apkabio or ribadu and (ijaw man). You will never hear that, because Yoruba are looking for a backdoor to the presidency even after a disatrous obj 8 years.

The sad fact is that they know buhari is clueless and has no idea what governance is all about. But as far as they can pair him with a Yoruba man, everything is perfect. I hope the minority ethnic group are watching the unfolding?

Let me laugh in gamgam style while we wait for the magical 2015 to unfold.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by nuclearboy(m): 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
pazienza: Buhari is a murderer and a coup plotter who truncated our democracy,in saner climes,he should have been hung.

Use the same criteria to judge - if Buhari, who accepted to take over a rapidly failing country and went ahead to restore to a great extent our pride as a nation in 21 months, should have hanged, tell us what should have happened to the man who seceded and cost 3 million lives because he didn't want the oppression that was the order of the day then!

I know at this point the barking will start, but take note, I ain't scared of dogs!

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Genius100: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
I like Fashola a lot, but I'm not sure he will make a good president. He is not radical enough. Same with Okojo-Iweala; she is also not radical enough. You need a radical person like Buhari, Ribadu, El Rufai, Sanusi, Bakare etc to really change Nigeria.

My first choice would have been El Rufai but he has sort of damaged his brand with his numerous twitter posts and the sponsored counter offensive against him by the GEJ administration. Buhari will be okay, but I think his brand has also been a bit damaged with all the sponsored stories against him that's been circulating all these years. So that leaves me with Ribadu.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
pazienza: Buhari is a murderer and a coup plotter who truncated our democracy,in saner climes,he should have been hung.

And why haven't you gone to hang him? a "coup plotter" to you, yet more than 11 million love him and are ready to go with it anywhere.

show me any known statesman/politician who's not a "coup plotter" that can command such respect in Nigeria without any hope to be rewarded.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
nuclearboy:

Use the same criteria to judge - if Buhari, who accepted to take over a rapidly failing country and went ahead to restore to a great extent our pride as a nation in 21 months, should have hanged, tell us what should have happened to the man who seceded and cost 3 million lives because he didn't want the oppression that was the order of the day then!

I know at this point the barking will start, but take note, I ain't scared of dogs!

Let's go that route since you brought it up. Who invited Buhari to take over? Didn't the idi.ot learn anything from history of military incursion in the 60's? Was Dimka not shot for his military coup? Why was buhari not shot or hanged? Which country did he restore, and by what means? What happened afterward?

The fact of the matter is that buhari was part and parcel of those military brigands who set the hands of the clock back by intervening to truncate democracy. In sane clime he should be rotting in jail not popping his head up every time he hears of electioneering, and shedding crocodile's tears each time it is obvious that he would be rejected.

Buhari is as clueless and they come and cannot govern even his own family. Ever since he left office, what idea has he proposed other that roaming free like an almajiri in the north searching for blood of dogs and baboons to spill? Why should such stone age man be seen anywhere close to civilization? If you so much want him, appoint him ruler of your home and family! Nigerians have rejected him, and will continue to do so ad infinito.

3 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
@PointB

Why do you get hard anytime he name BUHARI is mentioned? what exactly scares you about him that's not lies/rumor/sentimental rubbish we read everytime? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by nuclearboy(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
honeric01: @PointB

Why do you get hard anytime he name BUHARI is mentioned? what exactly scares you about him that's not lies/rumor/sentimental rubbish we read everytime? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please ignore the deludee! I don't know how someone can make so much noise and yet say nothing! Aside the obvious (till today) exploits of the PTF, even the idea that this same person has remained the greatest fear of all those who are what's wrong with Nigeria is more than enough claim to goodness!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
nuclearboy:

Please ignore the deludee! I don't know how someone can make so much noise and yet say nothing! Aside the obvious (till today) exploits of the PTF, even the idea that this same person has remained the greatest fear of all those who are what's wrong with Nigeria is more than enough claim to goodness!

i'll take your advice o lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Appoints Iyuke Principal Of PTI / Ekiti To Build New Governor’s Office, High Court At N1.9billion / If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.