Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? (12338 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Nobody Will Leave PDP For Opposition - Tukur / INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2013
Last time, Northerners split their votes because some Northern PDP longthroats compromised and Jonathan was novel. Now, Jonathan has been demystified and cant get the support of Northerners in his own party. Result: Buhari will sweep the whole North, yes including the middlebelt. In the SW, Jonathan will be lucky to get 5%. Buhari will win SW. The SS and Igbos will vote Jonathan, they have no other choice. Fortunately, they are outnumbered. I don't really see Buhari running with any other than Fash or Oshiomhole.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by fkaz(m): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2013
Olaposij: I don't think buhari can ever win d presidential election in dis country. He is definitely going τ̲̅ȍ get block votes from d core north, however the middle belt will never vote for him.. I don't see him winning in Taraba, benue, plateau, Kogi, and kwara state.. He can never win the SE and SS even if he campaigns for 1 million years.. And the SW?? He has an occultic following amongst some youths of SW.. But will the average market woman vote for him.. NO i don't think so. He is never goin τ̲̅ȍ win the SW.. He cld win just lagos state cos of d influence of Tinubu.. A Buhari/Fashola ticket will even make his chances worse cos the greatest fear Nigerians have of Buhari is his religious and tribalistic excesses. A Muslim/muslim ticket won't help him at all..

Why do you think the middle-belt will vote for jonathan massively again?
Most of them voted jona base on religion and minority issue. Seen jona from a minority part, in nigeria context. But this man has fail in tackling nigeria nightmare, which is corruption.
So nigerian need some one who will tackle corruption and injustice, come 2015 buhari all d way
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by takedat(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

My guy make me or sharrap!
Numpty, you think I've gat time for a one-sided half-wit!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by talk2me006(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2013
pazienza: Yea,abiola called the igbo bluff,but wait o! Where is abiola today? Buhahaha!
Ya! where is ojuku nw? i dey laugh in kanuri
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 10:19am On Jan 21, 2013
take dat: Numpty, you think I've gat time for a one-sided half-wit!

Dunce, yet you quoted me twice.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2013
Honestly, with the situation right now, it doesn't even matter who runs against Jonathan. Nigerians are just tired of the guy. Morale is at its lowest ever even in Jona's SS! Anybody who runs against Jonathan on the ACN/CPC platform will win everything minus SS/SE. Jonathan has practically rendered himself unelectable. Opposition needs to send Jona a bottle of wine becos he has done them a really huge favor.

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2013
take dat: Numpty, you think I've gat time for a one-sided half-wit!

Why are you contributing to derailing?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DeepSight(m): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Well I must say that one unfortunate reality that is emerging from this thread is the paucity of realistic options for an opposition presidency in 2015. IF Buhari (as seems to be the case from the generality of comments here) is the only realistic opposition option, in a nation of 250 tribes and 160 million people - after 16 years of Democracy - and a full 32 years after the same Buhari took power as Military Head of State; well, that just says a lot for the very sad and limited space in Nigerian Politics.

It also says worse about we Nigerians ourselves: namely that our enlightenment is not yet what we imagine - we still remain grossly unenlightened and "un-emancipated:" otherwise there would be no reason why newer fresher options would not by now have become "realistic" enough for us.

Quite sad really.

5 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by AjanleKoko: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2013
I doubt this CPC/ACN merger will end well.
But let's see how it goes anyway.

Deep Sight: Well I must say that one unfortunate reality that is emerging from this thread is the paucity of realistic options for an opposition presidency in 2015. IF Buhari (as seems to be the case from the generality of comments here) is the only realistic opposition option, in a nation of 250 tribes and 160 million people - after 16 years of Democracy - and a full 32 years after the same Buhari took power as Military Head of State; well, that just says a lot for the very sad and limited space in Nigerian Politics.

It also says worse about we Nigerians ourselves: namely that our enlightenment is not yet what we imagine - we still remain grossly unenlightened and "un-emancipated:" otherwise there would be no reason why newer fresher options would not be "realistic" enough for us.

Quite sad really.

+1
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by bjdon: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2013
Buhari has run for president 3 times and each time his performance in the South was dreadful. I don't see why it would be any different this time. The ACN is actually not as strong anymore as the recent Ondo election showed. People in the SW are now seeing that the ACN are not much different from the PDP with the exception of Fashola and Osho baba. But even if Buhari/Tinubu were to sweep the SW I still don't think it will be enough. As in the last election, the PDP's ground machine in the North East and North west will ensure that Goodluck is at least competitive in the North, while he will win the North Central, SE, and SS.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 10:25am On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:
Well I must say that one unfortunate reality that is emerging from this thread is the paucity of realistic options for an opposition presidency in 2015. IF Buhari (as seems to be the case from the generality of comments here) is the only realistic opposition option, in a nation of 250 tribes and 160 million people - after 16 years of Democracy - and a full 32 years after the same Buhari took power as Military Head of State; well, that just says a lot for the[b] very sad and limited[/b] space in Nigerian Politics.

It also says worse about we Nigerians ourselves: namely that our enlightenment is not yet what we imagine - we still remain grossly unenlightened and "un-emancipated:" otherwise there would be no reason why newer fresher options would not be "realistic" enough for us.

Quite sad really.
You can't blame Nigerians for feeling this way. The situation is so terrible that Nigerians will take anybody. Even SS ppl are tired but they cant speak out becos of shame. This is really really bad.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by bjdon: 10:27am On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight: Well I must say that one unfortunate reality that is emerging from this thread is the paucity of realistic options for an opposition presidency in 2015. IF Buhari (as seems to be the case from the generality of comments here) is the only realistic opposition option, in a nation of 250 tribes and 160 million people - after 16 years of Democracy - and a full 32 years after the same Buhari took power as Military Head of State; well, that just says a lot for the very sad and limited space in Nigerian Politics.

Quite sad really.
Very true and well spoken. I really can't understand why the only option being spoken off is a man who will be 74 by 2015 and had lost 3 elections. There must be other candidates from across the Nation who can step forward.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 10:32am On Jan 21, 2013
bjdon:
Very true and well spoken. I really can't understand why the only option being spoken off is a man who will be 74 by 2015 and had lost 3 elections. There must be other candidates from across the Nation who can step forward.
OK. There are other candidates but they are not stepping forward. That tells you that they are reluctant and are not ready to lead. Do you really want some reluctant dude to lead Nigeria again? Haven't you learnt your lesson from Jonathan? Please, we don't need another deer-caught-in-the-headlights president.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Oahray: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

I wonder what is for AC.N top shot and certificate forgery. As it was with Tinubu so it is for Oshiomole. The opposition is slacking in Edo, drag the guy's ar/se to the court for pejury and false claim if he cannot produce the evidence.

And shameless people are touting this lair for presidency. What is the country turning into?
lol. No be slacking as such. The thing is, he has constitutional immunity as governor. Unless he resigns, is impeached or finishes his tenure, he cannot be tried for criminal charges.

He called Airhiavbere "a cashier who became a major general without shooting a gun", so Airhiavbere added 'a lack of educational qualification' to his election tribunal case. I think that is fair enough.

I'm pretty sure it would turn into a criminal case after his tenure, unless Oshiomhole finds a way to appease Airhiavbere and PDP before then.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by dapotemi: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=PointB]For starters, buhari or whatever names he chooses to use during in 2015 will not win 2% of the votes in the SE/SS, he will need at least 25% least we forget.

Adding fashola to the ticket will only split Lagos state as the non-indigene population of Lagos State will be reminded that Nigeria is a pluaristic society, and a muslim/muslim is not reflective of the reality of the country. The elitist demeanor of Fashola, and the Tinubu influence will only add icing to the cake. The chance of buhari winning Lagos State will be considerable narrowed.

The ideal ticket for the 2015 election is the one that respects fairness, equity, and justice. And such ticket must respect the wishes of the core north, SE and SS. The Yorubas have just finished a disastrous 8 years, no thanks to Obj, other parts of the country deserves a shot at the presidency.

It is rather too early to throw up names now. Last quarter of 2013 and the whole of 2014 is more appropriate.

That said, it is very idiotic to even start suggesting an old man and a very bigoted buhari or a muslim/muslim ticket.

Lemme enlighten you a bit.An average nigerians,most especialy d southern nigerians does nt care abt all dis Muslim/muslim or xtian/xtian rubbish.Its dos politicians dat r usin it to destabilise/divide us.We all knw dat 1993 election was considered free/fair yet it was muslim/muslim(Mko/Tofa).Dis is 2015,Nigerians are evn more enlighten dan 1993.So d solution is proper voter's education nd to jus hope dat d election would be free.Moreover,evn d 2011 election was rigged in favour of PDP most especially in South south and South East,i was a corper den nd i knw wat am saying!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2013

Quite sad really.

Not just sad, but utterly shameful, that even those who oppose GEJ decision to appoint old men like Anenih into figure head position such as board chairman, have no qualms nominating a roundly rejected old hack such as buhari to manage a heterogenous and complex system like Nigeria with his antiquated ideology and archaic mentality. It's even more pathetic that the best they could bring up to butress their point was his brutish performance when he ruled by the gun.

A nation replete with young vibrant and idealistic individuals will rather an old bigoted tyrant be chosen to rule them, simply because they foolishly and ignorantly believe he can single handed throw people into jail, in a democracy! Even though such feat solves little or no part of the problem.

But let's take solace in the fact that this state of myopia is only exhibited by small subset of the populace, who will again be roundly defeated at the poll when it matters most.

Let 2015 come upon us.

2 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Minex007: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2013
It is really nice to see the youth engaging themselves in politics and political discussion.What i noticed about your discussion is there still sentimentalism and tribalism.
[b]Yes,Maybe Buhari should go so dat we can bring in sum elite,intelligent,young and dynamic leaders like fashola,El Rufai,Rochas for the change we need.
One thing i know is that there is no man that can face Buhari in the north,I said there is No man that has popularity in the north like Buhari.
There is no other option in the south west like Fashola.
The northerners are facing what we call in politics "Government Shift",The north are no more benefitting from this present administration and they are witnessing hell.
Can anyone tell me if there is any person that make them forget what happened in GEJ Administration with all the killings,political assasinations,insecurity,loss of innocent lives and with the recent attacks on the traditional rulers.The north is doomed and they will do anything for a change of government.Boko Haram is politics in different forms.

My suggestions is for El Rufa'i/Fashola Ticket.Let Buhari and Tinubu be the Political God Fathers while they concentrate on south east south south region ,let them push for the change.

[/b][i][/i][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DeepSight(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2013
Minex007:

My suggestions is for El Rufa'i/Fashola Ticket.Let Buhari and Tinubu be the Political God Fathers while they concentrate on south east south south region ,let them push for the change.

Fair enough. I had been expecting this suggestion. Took three pages to arrive. Any other Northerners who you think can also be suggested realistically?
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Gboliwe: How would a Rochas/Fashola ticket sell?

Must the next president and or vice be a former governor?

Must you respond to this people Let them keep doing their analysis. What will be will be.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by gerald09(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2013
fagin1982: Why this funny love for Buhari...Majority of the people clamouring for Buhari Leadership were not even born then when he was a military president...Majority also should take thr time and study his antecedents..Buhari is not what Nigeria needs in this modern times...Politics , democracy has gone far away from wickedness and shear military brutality...We as a nation needs a Leader with vision, a modern day Man , a technocrat ,a brigde builder , a non tribalist , a humble servant with zero tolerance for indiscipline and corruption....Nigeria is a faliure today just because real men shy aware from Politics.....Buhari , Fashola o, El Rufai ,and co cant take Nigeria far....We need a true aPATRIOT ..

For me GEJ should go for a second term....after then we can start talking about replacement...Take it to the moon ,PDP is not yet ready to reliquinsh power esp @the Federal level...

What we should be talking about here in Nigeria is total re-orientation...The Basic units have failed ..Our Families have failed ,the society has failed ,individually we ve failed ..Let us all start by correcting out own personal lives , and strive to be good and patriotic citizens....One funny thing about Nigerians we re very good @criticizing from the outside when we re not even better off...

You rite buhari is really ancient, but with the combination of him (buhari) and fashola will bring d old n d young 2gether. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ need an experience person dat will allow a young ones achieve the Nigeria dream. Buhari is able to give fashola and any young nigeria d protection and experience to curb corruption. GEJ's problem is that he has no experience on how to rule nigeria he is learning as he goes, he would have bin a perfect VP not president. But I don't blame him(GEJ) its cos Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ wanted some1 new n Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ didn't want another Muslim to rule us after what dey have don to us (No offence to my Muslim brothers) but now Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are wiser the problem was not the muslims the problem was the Nigerians that ruled.
I say Buhari/fashola will be a good combination not cos of the job dere are doin or did but Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ need people with d same Ideology buhari for curbing corruption and fashola for implementing the nigeria dream.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by gerald09(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2013
fagin1982: Why this funny love for Buhari...Majority of the people clamouring for Buhari Leadership were not even born then when he was a military president...Majority also should take thr time and study his antecedents..Buhari is not what Nigeria needs in this modern times...Politics , democracy has gone far away from wickedness and shear military brutality...We as a nation needs a Leader with vision, a modern day Man , a technocrat ,a brigde builder , a non tribalist , a humble servant with zero tolerance for indiscipline and corruption....Nigeria is a faliure today just because real men shy aware from Politics.....Buhari , Fashola o, El Rufai ,and co cant take Nigeria far....We need a true aPATRIOT ..

For me GEJ should go for a second term....after then we can start talking about replacement...Take it to the moon ,PDP is not yet ready to reliquinsh power esp @the Federal level...

What we should be talking about here in Nigeria is total re-orientation...The Basic units have failed ..Our Families have failed ,the society has failed ,individually we ve failed ..Let us all start by correcting out own personal lives , and strive to be good and patriotic citizens....One funny thing about Nigerians we re very good @criticizing from the outside when we re not even better off...

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2013
omo alaro: From a recent survey, result from 31,255 respondents shows clearly that a combination of Buhari and Fashola is the liberation ticket we need in Nigeria to get out of this quagmire. This is why the merger talk must never fail.

Summary Report - Jan 13, 2013
Survey:Pulse of the Nation
1. My candidate in the 2015 presidential election is:
Jonathan 8.9%
Lamido 3.3%
Okojo-Iweala 3.0%
Buhari 32.0%
el Rufai 6.8%
Ribadu 4.6%
Atiku 3.2%
Nnamani 1.3%
Babangida 2.3%
Fashola 32.6%
Tinubu 2.0%

1. My candidate in the 2015 presidential election is:

Value Count Percent %

Jonathan 2,797 9.0%
Lamido 1,041 3.3%
Okojo-Iweala 938 3.0%
Buhari 10,007 32.0%
el Rufai 2,133 6.8%
Ribadu 1,432 4.6%
Atiku 1,003 3.2%
Nnamani 402 1.3%
Babangida 717 2.3%
Fashola 10,174 32.6%
Tinubu 611 2.0%
Statistics
Total Responses. 31,255

https://students.sgizmo.com/reportsview/?key=214565-1724204-8fb4a021557db8f873c4af914f98fc2f

In which geopolitical zone was the survey conducted
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by PointB: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2013
dapotemi:
Lemme enlighten you a bit.An average
nigerians,most especialy d southern
nigerians does nt care abt all dis Muslim/
muslim or xtian/xtian rubbish.Its dos
politicians dat r usin it to destabilise/
divide us.We all knw dat 1993 election
was considered free/fair yet it was
muslim/muslim(Mko/Tofa).Dis is
2015,Nigerians are evn more enlighten
dan 1993.So d solution is proper voter's
education nd to jus hope dat d election
would be free.Moreover,evn d 2011
election was rigged in favour of PDP most
especially in South south and South East,i
was a corper den nd i knw wat am saying!

Thank for the attempt. But I disagree with you on both count of religion and rigging.

Let's start with the rigging. In the first place to say that buhari is unpopular in the SE is an understatement, he is detested. To make the matter worse he never turn-up in the the SE/SS to explain himself during the campaign. How would he have garnered the votes against a closer GEJ, by some miracle or voodoo? Being a corper does not give u broad access to what happened during the election, as matter of fact, the ways corpers were deployed actually limit the scope of information they received. By the way, your allusion to knowing what went on in the SS/SE as a corper implicitly implied that you were posted to two regions during the election, we know that is not possible. You can only know what transpired in your corner!

Secondly, do you happen also to know of certain corpers that were murdered by the CPC zealots after the election? One of them reported on his facebook page of rife incidence of under-age voters in the North. They even demanded he hand over left-over ballots paper to them. I bet his refusal apparently caused him his life eventually. Why aint you accusing the North of rigging for CPC/Buhari? Or is under-age voting and using extra ballot papers not a form of rigging? Or because that Buhari lost despite the massive rigging, therefore, it is no longer rigging?

The issue of religion, ethnicity, and zone is a know factor in Nigeria elections. It is wrong to use the military organised botched 'selection' of 1993 to judge. Recall, their was only two political parties, and voter's apathy was rife then as choices were tightly controlled.

Religion and ethnicity do matter a lot in Nigeria election, inability to recognise this is always the bane of some political parties. The opposition parties are better advised to take very important note of this fact!
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Newcrescent(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The selection of either Fashola or Ngige, in addition to the support of a mega party, will make Buhari's electability more realistic than it has ever been. Ngige could help Buhari secure the East and cost GEJ a significant number of votes there. With proper campaign marketing and with a few big guns (IBB OBJ lipsrsealed) potentially jumping ship to the mega party, Buhari can come out smelling like roses, before the elections, regardless of current image.

After Buhari's first term, he will step aside for the new generation. I agree with you that, at that point, Ngige may not be the right flagbearer for the mega party.

This is a more realistic permutation.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by lagcity(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2013
PointB:

Not just sad, but utterly shameful, that even those who oppose GEJ decision to appoint old men like Anenih into figure head position such as board chairman, have no qualms nominating a roundly rejected old hack such as buhari to manage a heterogenous and complex system like Nigeria with his antiquated ideology and archaic mentality. It's even more pathetic that the best they could bring up to butress their point was his brutish performance when he ruled by the gun.

A nation replete with young vibrant and idealistic individuals will rather an old bigoted tyrant be chosen to rule them, simply because they foolishly and ignorantly believe he can single handed throw people into jail, in a democracy! Even though such feat solves little or no part of the problem.

But let's take solace in the fact that this state of myopia is only exhibited by small subset of the populace, who will again be roundly defeated at the poll when it matters most.

Let 2015 come upon us.

Boo hoo, cry me a river. Nigerians are yearning for "an old bigoted tyrant." Something terrible must have happened! What the heck happened? Jonathan happened.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Reelsteel: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2013
Wadeoye: Buhari/Oshiomole. I dont see making an igbo man vp adding any value to the dream of evolving an alternative platform, otherwise, someone like ngige would have been a good vp candidate.

You are just an Idiot this is the number one problem in this country,tribal sentiment.
The question has nothing to do with tribe but qualification, vision and a mission to save our dear country from want it has become but the first word out of your mouth is tribe Really??

2 Likes

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by gerald09(m): 11:18am On Jan 21, 2013

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Candybob(m): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2013
My candidate for presidency is Osho baba!
My reason- he is the only politician who speaks and do things just like i would love to.
Forget the qualification nonsense, that is just pdp agenda! But it wont sell!
If you want a northerner forget buhari and give me someone else. When he made the decision to stay mute in light of the rampage that followed the 2015 election, he became responsible for massacre perpetuated by his followers, with great power comes great responsibility, and he failed in his responsibility!
Fashola is also a good candidate for presidency but ethnic sentiments seem not to favour him..
The buhari for president wont sell for me.. I wud rather stick with Gej!!!

1 Like

Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2013
pazienza: Yea bro,the igbo won't add any value to your already doomed plan. Carry go. Ndi ara.

Said well. You can really imagine how some people talk and you could well be ashamed of where they are coming out from.

A distorted thinking only comes from a distorted nature or environment.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by bappahman: 11:33am On Jan 21, 2013
Pls without calling me names or insults tell me wat is the worst the so call religious extremist buhari can do as a president dat ppl here don't like him
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by DeepSight(m): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2013
Candybob: My candidate for presidency is Osho baba!
My reason- he is the only politician who speaks and do things just like i would love to.
Forget the qualification nonsense, that is just pdp agenda! But it wont sell!
If you want a northerner forget buhari and give me someone else. When he made the decision to stay mute in light of the rampage that followed the 2015 election, he became responsible for massacre perpetuated by his followers, with great power comes great responsibility, and he failed in his responsibility!
Fashola is also a good candidate for presidency but ethnic sentiments seem not to favour him..
The buhari for president wont sell for me.. I wud rather stick with Gej!!!

The question is not who can be sold to you, but rather who can be realistically sold to the nation - competitively and comprehensively enough to unseat PDP at the centre?

So far, this thread has disclosed no real answer - except Buhari/ Fashola.

In all fairness, although I regard a Buhari candidacy as immoral and improper, I must say that in terms of realism, such a ticket so far seems the only ticket capable of sweeping the entire North and Most of the West. They will get zilch in the SE and SS though. And if by any chance GEJ rounds off the middle-belters, and a little of the west, then one could be possibly looking at a very close election indeed.
Re: Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? by miredia(m): 11:36am On Jan 21, 2013

It also says worse about we Nigerians ourselves: namely that our enlightenment is not yet what we imagine - we still remain grossly unenlightened and "un-emancipated:" otherwise there would be no reason why newer fresher options would not by now have become "realistic" enough for us.

Quite sad really.
My friend, I resolutely followed your post and the subsequent posts herein. It is unequivocally clear that you had shut your mind to oppositional views prior to inquiring for a public opinion about this subject. Your expectations were fixated and void of
objectivity. Buhari to you, is a sour choice regardless of your mindset being furnished with a contrary view that nullifies the unsubstantiated negating perception accrued to buhari. Leaving nothing merely implied, the supposed fresh minds you subtle suggested are a handful of corrupt characters. Except offcourse a few upright consciences with a radical vision like Fashola and Adams. In this pressing circumstance, nigerians cannot afford to trade necessitated reality with sentiments, sham, tribalism and religious appeal. An executive dispensation that holds the capacity to crush corruption and revamp development can only be presided over by the duo of Buhari/Fashola as both are the only proven characters on the slate. @pointb your exhibition of hatred towards Fash and Buhari is somewhat bogus and resonates from an inherent mindset of tribalism. Snap out of it sir.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ghosts Of EndSARS Haunt FG’s Policies On Power, Petrol Subsidies / NNPC Resumes Oil Exploration In Borno / FG Appoints Iyuke Principal Of PTI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.