Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,220 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38502 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 8:23am On Jan 24, 2013
lucenzo: I can see that Illiteracy runs in your family lineage. What is this alcoholism shit you're talking about? And for your info, the catholic church is the first and only church opposed to abortion and for this reason I blame them if not miscreants and misfits like you will not be alive to utter such gibberish. Cursed is the day you were conceived.
pls no need to curse, b like christ even in ur utterances
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by enlady(f): 8:33am On Jan 24, 2013
i will continue to have the utmost respect for the present CAN president for standing up for Northern Christians during the height of attacks by radical Islamists. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor will continue gaining our support for his bold and courageous stand against Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by olups(m): 8:46am On Jan 24, 2013
This is pure envy from the catholic church, it is obvious they never wanted a pentecostal pastor to head CAN, imagine since the creation of CAN its always been them, anglican and Methodist. I don't see any reason why they should pull out simply because the president was there when the jet was presented to pastor Ayo Oritsejafor. Instead of the whole christians in Nigeria to unite and fight against the oppression of the church some people are busy thinking of CAN politics, I'm so ashamed of this move and I totally condemn it, in my opinion I think pastor Oritsejafor has been the most active president CAN has ever had cos I don't even know such association existed b4 his election. I pray the Lord will save christians in Nigeria because in a situation where the church leaders cannot unite themselves, I hope we don't lose this battle against christianity. I urge the Catholic authority to have a rethink because the excuse they gave for pulling out is not justifiable

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 8:49am On Jan 24, 2013
@donpata, d problem wif u is ignorance, so now ur sayin jesus neva drank wine? Ur d one who needs to go nd read ur bible again. Now lemme tel u abt a priest's life, they do not marry so av no need for private jet, theirs is to preach, work and STUDY, u cnt engage dem in a theological debate nd xpect to win, dis one ur sayin they dnt study d bible is out of plain ignorance, dats y i miss bro mattew, if he z teachin u catechesm nd theology u wont feel lyk goin home. I stl preach unity of christ's body anyways

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 9:05am On Jan 24, 2013
enlady: i will continue to have the utmost respect for the present CAN president for standing up for Northern Christians during the height of attacks by radical Islamists. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor will continue gaining our support for his bold and courageous stand against Boko Haram.

A known junkie and a rogue who is obviously not fully rehabilitated. How did a noble organization such as CAN got into the mistake of making him it's leader? This man is eroding the reputation of the organization and touching on the essence of christanity which I understand to be love and altruism.
There is no sense in hating all Muslims because some Muslims chose to be criminals. By far the majority of Nigerians are either Christians Or Muslims. All crimes including murders and destruction are caused by persons from this group. Instead of hunting down criminals and murderers that BH are, we are going into their trap. They call themselves Muslim so we also describe them as Muslims and then begin to make all Muslims our enemies. The BH are violent criminas and should have been treated as such , they and their supporters cannot be more than 500,000 but we are ready to lose the goodwill of about 75 million other Muslims, just because the belligerent pastor prefers that, and the treacherous PDP government finds that approach expedient. I am a Muslim and I lost relatives from direct BH attack- my relatives in the security forces and my relatives in their homes and some eidiot is coming to call me Boko Haram. As long as you lump all Muslims as enemies and describe as BH. We are getting nowhere - BH are criminals first and by law and we should join hands and fight them. Criminals can call themselves saint, redeemers, revolutionaries, or whatever but we should not lose focus. The focus is on violation of our law by criminals.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Daniel058(m): 9:05am On Jan 24, 2013
The lord made it clear that the gate of hell shall not prevail against his church. SO WE HAVE NO HUMAN FOUNDER AND CANNOT BE LED ASTRAY BY FELLOW HUMAN BEING. Thank you jesus!!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by adaybayor(m): 9:08am On Jan 24, 2013
I have been following this post since it was opened trying to see your views and all I can conclude is that many of us know little about what we do.

Also, this thread hasn't been derailed by people of other religions and I don't intend to do so. But had it been a topic that only concerns muslims like the salat topic, many of you xtians will be bent on derailing it and you will also be the first to complain of intolerance.

Now think about it and change your ways cos we know what you are.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by SUBMARINE: 9:11am On Jan 24, 2013
Is the CAN presidency forever. Why not wait until re-election time when the Catholics & other dissatisfied groups can vote him out of power. Do you abandon your church because your minister is a fool knowing fully well that the minister would not lead forever. This action is unwise.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by adaybayor(m): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2013
nagoma:

A known junkie and a rogue who is obviously not fully rehabilitated. How did a noble organization such as CAN got into the mistake of making him it's leader? This man is eroding the reputation of the organization and touching on the essence of christanity which I understand to be love and altruism.
There is no sense in hating all Muslims because some Muslims chose to be criminals. By far the majority of Nigerians are either Christians Or Muslims. All crimes including murders and destruction are caused by persons from this group. Instead of hunting down criminals and murderers that BH are, we are going into their trap. They call themselves Muslim so we also describe them as Muslims and then begin to make all Muslims our enemies. The BH are violent criminas and should have been treated as such , they and their supporters cannot be more than 500,000 but we are ready to lose the goodwill of about 75 million other Muslims, just because the belligerent pastor prefers that, and the treacherous PDP government finds that approach expedient. I am a Muslim and I lost relatives from direct BH attack- my relatives in the security forces and my relatives in their homes and some eidiot is coming to call me Boko Haram. As long as you lump all Muslims as enemies and describe as BH. We are getting nowhere - BH are criminals first and by law and we should join hands and fight them. Criminals can call themselves saint, redeemers, revolutionaries, or whatever but we should not lose focus. The focus is on violation of our law by criminals.

Will they listen? Their hearts have be sealed against reality

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2013
adaybayor:

Will they listen? Their hearts have be sealed against reality
no it has not, ur complainin of generalisation of muslims isnt dat wat u ar guilty of now? D catholic church hs bn d most affected by d bombings bt u dnt see bishops tarnishin d image of muslims do u? My closest frnd is a muslim so nt all christians are intolerant. I stl preach dat united we stand, divided we fall
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by SUBMARINE: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2013
Did David ever abandoned King Saul even when he ran to the land of the phillistines in order to escape King Saul's murderous eye ? No No No. Pls let us listen to the voice of the HolySpirit when making any decision.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by OgBetty(f): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2013
I am a Catholic buh I dnt it z proper 2 av pulled out frm CAN, dia r beta wayz 2 show dt dy r nt hapi wit it (CAN)
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by vizboy(m): 9:47am On Jan 24, 2013
11 pages of argueing trash. They are out why do you guys argue about it. They are doing what the feel is right the other members should move on or na only catholic church they CAN.
You guys just wasted 11 pages of NL OVER NOTHING

I will report you guyz to oluwaseun osewa
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Fadelex: Hmmm ****smiles, sip my maltina, balanced on my chair****
So catholic pull out of CAN, I dont really know they are part of CAN b4, its even better they pull out b4 they initiate other pentecostal churches to homosexualism...

Who is this goat talking about Homosexualism? I think U̶̲̥̅̊ ~a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥~ blind not to see churches wedding same sex in their church

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by adaybayor(m): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2013
prairie: no it has not, ur complainin of generalisation of muslims isnt dat wat u ar guilty of now? D catholic church hs bn d most affected by d bombings bt u dnt see bishops tarnishin d image of muslims do u? My closest frnd is a muslim so nt all christians are intolerant. I stl preach dat united we stand, divided we fall

There are very few of you and I, I swear.
I have met xtians and I have met xtians.
I no there many bad people all over and evil has nothing to do with what religion anybody belongs to.

My closest friend is a xtian and I can't remember us ever talking of the religions because we know and respect our differences.

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by GuysnMum: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2013
@ Andrew.

I jst pity u. Read this thread frm d begining and u will see every one being careful nt to judge. Being who u are u did not hesitate in judging. DONOT JUDGE SO THAT U MAY NOT B JUDGED.... Be careful
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by elampiro(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2013
I don't think it is out of Jealousy. We have to remember Pastor Tunde Bakare has been criticizing the interwoven(ing) of Pastors with the government. And we know Bakare is a Pentecostal pastor too. The other day, the CBN governor, Mallam Sanusi said CAN and its Islamic counterpart are no longer religious bodies but political bodies honouring government officials, hence they should both be banned.

Let's try and look at this issue objectively and listen more to what both parties will be saying next. There might be more issues which are not being made public. I know the Catholic priests are humble, so I doubt any envy stuff in this whole saga. Fingers crossed for now while awaiting more development.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by GuysnMum: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2013
First church indeed. That was in those days, when the world was sleeping. Now we are all wise and know the truth.

That was exactly hw Eve tot Adam was sleeping and that she then knew the truth. Be warned the ways of God is nt the ways of man....
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:14am On Jan 24, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Catholic Church my foot. Let them go and sit down. They want to be in power. Which church is more politicized and governmental than Roman catholic church? Vatican refused to be under Italian government. Let them pull out and face their eternal burden of leading millions of Roman catholic adherents to hell. Probably they wanted Ayo to start praying chaplet. Nonsense.
vatican was never part of d italian state! Infact italy took large portion of d vatican's land, go 4 a little history lesson.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16am On Jan 24, 2013
JNdupu: Nigerians excel in finding what divides us rather than what unites us. It's deep within our mentality and holds us back. See Catholic vs Non-catholic venom in this thread.

It's always one thing or the other. We are so psychologically scarred by our history that accentuating these divisions satisfies the primitive instinct to always be in conflict.

Ridiculous division along lines such as North vs South, Igbo vs Yoruba, Beron vs Fulani, Men vs women, gay vs straight, witch vs ghost, left-handed people vs right-handed people, bushmeat lovers vs suya lovers, Tall people vs short people, Isale Eko vs Yaba, albino vs dark skin ... etc
hahaha,
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Wahala90: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2013
Does the Pope have a jet? Was the pope (John Paul II) not criticised for spending far too much for undertaking foreign travels?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:27am On Jan 24, 2013
donpata:

It says it all. U are ignorant coz ur cardinal prints evrithing on d bulletin, stands in one position nd reads it out 2 u. And dats d end of the Mass. If Catholic priest devote much tym in studyn (mayb dats y we hav d Charismatic movtmt), they would have told u dat d bible mentioned different types of wines only dat english language is limited in stating it; so it uses wine for all of such instances. Dig deep "true Christian" nd free urslf frm dis dogma..

Before u Block my lungs with unkempt gutter, Illiteracy is ur middle name. Ohhh!! If only they would stop printing d message on bulletins so that they would preach better and their followers study the Word better.. By d way, i neva said anything abt abortion.. Its obvious d only tin u took up in secondary school was space; else u shld hav read my lines..
Have u lied before? Was it unintentional? Did u lie unconsciously? When u came late for work d other day, was it really traffic as u told ur boss? Was dat lie not preplanned before it was executed... Dont claim U dont knw Catholic cardinals WOUND BEER... I cant just imagine sitting syd by syd with My pastor in a Bar wounding Beer together. Gosh. By d way, i neva said anytin abt abortion...

I dey laugh ohh.. Read bible bro or better return 2 d Canadian prairies.

If not for alcohol which have robbed them of normal thinking, how can a state body pull out of its national body and still hold its name?
d phase 'non acoholic wine' doesnt appear in d bible, besides Jesus was very clear he said "i shall drink no more of THE FRUIT OF THE VINE until i drink d new wine in d kingdom...". Jesus was quiet clear abt d wine he drank, "d fruit of d vine" still remain an acoholic wine.
GO AND DO SOME study.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2013
salvarhymes:

guy u just said d truth. I live in warri where he stays so i can confirm it.... It was i gift nt dat he bought it.... Meanwhile, he has tried for CAN. I guess they hav another reason of running. Also, they fail to remember dat d pope Benedict or whatever dey call him is a right hand man of president obama. They r blind jare
hahaha, if d pope was obama's righ handman, why is obama persecuting catholic in america? Or are u not aware dat there are several suite against obama by d catholic church in american courts, d catholic are treathening to go as far as d supreme court.
Ur lies have caught up wit u.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by coolted(m): 11:41am On Jan 24, 2013
MY QUESTION.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW? WILL THIS STOP THE KILLINGS OF CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH?
ARE WE SO SURE THAT THIS IS ANOTHER PLOY EMPLOYED BY B H TO RECK MORE HAVOCK?
DEVIDED WE FALL. GLORY TO JESUS... UNTO LIVE EVERLASTING?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by lekanolas: 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by donpata(m): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
So they've obviously not heard of non-alcoholic wine... See how Quasi-informed they are... They claim Our Lord Jesus drank Gulder and Topman (except dat he drank in small quantity and so never got drunk)!! Na waoh.. This is wat they use 2 justify their drinking which leads to brainwashing which leads 2 such decisions as was taken by dem...

Son disowns Father but still bearing his name.. So it is with pulling out of National CAN and remaining with State CAN grin..

Make I go hustle; i dey come jor!!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by caesaraba(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
donpata: So they've obviously not heard of non-alcoholic wine... See how Quasi-informed they are... They claim Our Lord Jesus drank Gulder and Topman (except dat he drank in small quantity and so never got drunk)!! Na waoh.. This is wat they use 2 justify their drinking which leads to brainwashing which leads 2 such decisions as was taken by dem...

Son disowns Father but still bearing his name.. So it is with pulling out of National CAN and remaining with State CAN grin..

Make I go hustle; i dey come jor!!

May no Catholic faithful suffer physical or otherwise harm from your hands. Go do your msc. in peace. I bid thee farewell.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
elampiro: I don't think it is out of Jealousy. We have to remember Pastor Tunde Bakare has been criticizing the interwoven(ing) of Pastors with the government. And we know Bakare is a Pentecostal pastor too. The other day, the CBN governor, Mallam Sanusi said CAN and its Islamic counterpart are no longer religious bodies but political bodies honouring government officials, hence they should both be banned.

Let's try and look at this issue objectively and listen more to what both parties will be saying next. There might be more issues which are not being made public. I know the Catholic priests are humble, so I doubt any envy stuff in this whole saga. Fingers crossed for now while awaiting more development.
first of all d catholic church says she didnt withdraw from CAN but has suspended her participation in CAN's national activities until presido addresses d issues they raised in november.
CAN has replied, and they have showed they lack listening ears, their response was "leave".
The response from d catholic church will be in febuary wen all d bishops will hold a plenary council, i think d can case will come up and all d bishops will decide wether it is time to forsake dialogue a withdraw membership or it is to call for more dialogue.
Until then, i'll keep watching d developments.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Jerry2i(m): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
equily: Nyc move!!!!!!d church cannot fold it alm n watch tinz danglin, CATHOLIC 4 lyf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For God And for youth!!!!!!!!!
through Christ!!!!!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by achi4u(m): 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
SUBMARINE: Is the CAN presidency forever. Why not wait until re-election time when the Catholics & other dissatisfied groups can vote him out of power. Do you abandon your church because your minister is a fool knowing fully well that the minister would not lead forever. This action is unwise.
But let the truth be told,this position(CAN president) shouldn't have be given to alone ranger!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by achi4u(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
vizboy: 11 pages of argueing trash. They are out why do you guys argue about it. They are doing what the feel is right the other members should move on or na only catholic church they CAN.
You guys just wasted 11 pages of NL OVER NOTHING

I will report you guyz to oluwaseun osewa
vizboy try and reread ur writeup before posting.
To ur question.YES without Catholic church there is no CAN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.