Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38510 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor , abeg , enjoy your plane jare.
Na your turn to shine grin grin ;
Look , I know Nigerians , the underlying problem is
that Oritsejafor is presumed to be eating alone . The donations
in all churches are they scrutinised to know the sources ? Why don't they wait till Oritsejafor tenor ends before pulling out? Because they want to make their grievances known now , so they can be put there next time as a formof compensation.
There is politics everywhere , even in families. This is a political and selfish move to me.
Oritsejafor will not be there forever and he said he is not even
contesting again. Why can't they settle the matter within themselves as Christians? which example are they showing to non Christians . Even Jesus tolerated
Judas Iscariot who was stealing from him. Those who don't even know what is happening among these men of God always think they are speaking for God on every move they take.
This is all about power and control. The reasons they are giving is just a side excuse.
What has all the talking and criticism of past govts. amounted to ? We are still were we
are in Nigeria . If they are serious about changing Nigeria , they should form their own political party . All these talking , envy , fighting and backbiting will lead to nothing and will only make the world to laugh at christians.
You're Feeble-minded, Catholic church right from inception is known 4 pointing at wrong steps made by govts in all countries of d world. Read again u'll find whr he stated "...we hv made our stand known since Nov n Dec 'about CAN is being run' b4 he was given d jet...", so y'all started acclaiming Pst Ayo of speech-fighting BH, hw about other chronic problems of Nigerian Govt. b4 now viz: Govt policies, Corruption and embezzlement, Bribery, Clamouring against Poor facilities in d schools and society...etc? Look beyond nutshell u fold ursef in2, there ar lots 2 fight against in ds country. Catholic church is big already, not only in Nigeria than 2 be covetting a minor CAN presidency.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by donpata(m): 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
I pity this alcoholics who call themselves catholics. They say they are the "true Christians" when dey drink and vomit their hangover in morning mass. They Catholics are being misled by their drunk leadership who cant think straight again.. Hosea 4:11 puts it wella; Alcoholism (Gulder, Heineken, Topman, Hennessy etc) Has robbed my people of their Brains. Else, think of Members of PDP pulling out from their National body and still claiming to be PDP members at state level.. See folly in openness. What, if not alcohol will make them think lyk dat...

Its pure jealousy and envy jor! They hate Oritsejafor and his team period!!! Take a look at this; CAN president (Pentecostal), CAN VP (White garment), CAN Secretary (ECWA), CAN Fin. Sec. (Baptist).... and so on.. They dont have a say there. Dats y they pull out of National and still want to remain as Local Champs in their states where they hold sway and make decisions...

Who cares about their pulling out? Thats even less problem for CAN. Moreover they've just been occupying space...

Thank God for freeing me from this Dogmatic Church where bibles are not read but bulletins.. Where they Church is a Market place in the name of Bazaar.. Where Alcoholism is APPROVED and Abortion? cant remember. I love being a protestant Orthodox..

God forgive me where i erred... Afterall, na Christians we all b..

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
vitality22: If I have to come back to this world, I WILL STILL BE A CATHOLIC
be a christian

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 10:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
banki:

its a shame that you still equate everything to now that is the turn of the south to rule, jonathan has shown that he is not a good trustworthy leader and has consistently proven to be out of touch with reality, where was orisejafor when bakare was carrying "Placards" to make sure and ensure that jonathan was made acting president.
muslims are better ruler
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
The catholic church is d only church dat hasnt forgotn d tenets of being christian, they preach peace(tho dia churches ar bombed evryday), they alwys stand up against injustice nd corruptn, they ar stl d onli ones who send missionaries to preach in villages where as in old bodija whr my sec skul ws i culd count up to ten rccg churches,

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Catholic Church my foot. Let them go and sit down. They want to be in power. Which church is more politicized and governmental than Roman catholic church? Vatican refused to be under Italian government. Let them pull out and face their eternal burden of leading millions of Roman catholic adherents to hell. Probably they wanted Ayo to start praying chaplet. Nonsense.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
comrade oscar: Kudos 2 d catholic church! its long overdue. "pastor" Oritsejafor is 2 materialistic! He is 2 worldly ad he is 2 Political. very soon He wil own a yatch. there is a kind of life religion leaders must live. I lived in Abuja & I knw how d catholic church presure Arch Bishop J onaikon 2 acept an SUV 4 his 70th birthday ad he insisted dt d name of d church shd b inscribed boldly on it. D church ad d world re 2 difrt ways bt mr ...Jafor hs dcided 2 bcome worldly & bcome PDPialized! May God hv mercy!

I suppose this makes Onaikon more righteous than other men of God?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by lokopet: 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Catholic faith universally has never been in support of corrupt and deceitful governance.......from Latin America to Europe, you will cee the untainted roles the catholic church has played in reshaping those countries. Since CAN has become the RELIGIOUS BRANCH of PDP, the catholic church has to wash its hands off. GLORY TO JESUS HONOR TO MARY

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 10:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
one important questn protestants shuld ask is dt y is d catholic church stl alive nd well evn afta two thousand yrs, dts because Jesus said 'peter u r d rock on wc i'l build my church nd d gate of hell will NEVER prevail against it'. Those sayin muslims r nt divided chk again, there ar sunni, shia, ahmadiyya, nasfat etc. I stl pray for oneness among christians. Peace

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 10:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
misterme:

do not b too biased to see dat he is an example of humility.....wc is wat christians shuld embrace

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
mikewoques:
@Bigboy
You call Mother Mary a demon?
May She have pity on your poor blind soul and atleast grant you life to regret your speech and beg for pardon.
I will recite the Holy Rosary on behalf of people like you and ask her, my Madonna for forgiveness because you do not know what you are doing
I equally urge my fellow devouts on this forum to join me in doing so.
Must confess. . this comment caught my attention
AVE MARIA !!!
catholic oh God help them to see the light of your gospel thro our lord Jesus.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
donpata: I pity this alcoholics who call themselves catholics. They say they are the "true Christians" when dey drink and vomit their hangover in morning mass. They Catholics are being misled by their drunk leadership who cant think straight again.. Hosea 4:11 puts it wella; Alcoholism (Gulder, Heineken, Topman, Hennessy etc) Has robbed my people of their Brains. Else, think of Members of PDP pulling out from their National body and still claiming to be PDP members at state level.. See folly in openness. What, if not alcohol will make them think lyk dat...

Its pure jealousy and envy jor! They hate Oritsejafor and his team period!!! Take a look at this; CAN president (Pentecostal), CAN VP (White garment), CAN Secretary (ECWA), CAN Fin. Sec. (Baptist).... and so on.. They dont have a say there. Dats y they pull out of National and still want to remain as Local Champs in their states where they hold sway and make decisions...

Who cares about their pulling out? Thats even less problem for CAN. Moreover they've just been occupying space...

Thank God for freeing me from this Dogmatic Church where bibles are not read but bulletins.. Where they Church is a Market place in the name of Bazaar.. Where Alcoholism is APPROVED and Abortion? cant remember. I love being a protestant Orthodox..

now tell me, if alcohol is dt bad y did Jesus break bread at d last supper nd drank wine sayin 'this is my body and blood'. Btw wine then ws far more alcoholic dan modern day beer

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by JNdupu: 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nigerians excel in finding what divides us rather than what unites us. It's deep within our mentality and holds us back. See Catholic vs Non-catholic venom in this thread.

It's always one thing or the other. We are so psychologically scarred by our history that accentuating these divisions satisfies the primitive instinct to always be in conflict.

Ridiculous division along lines such as North vs South, Igbo vs Yoruba, Beron vs Fulani, Men vs women, gay vs straight, witch vs ghost, left-handed people vs right-handed people, bushmeat lovers vs suya lovers, Tall people vs short people, Isale Eko vs Yaba, albino vs dark skin ... etc

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by elampiro(m): 10:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sending the right message.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chiefpriest(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
You even sounded more foolish than your claims.your cardinal was defeated by ayo to become CAN president.also your cardinal is closer to GEJ than ayo.cathlic is just a disgrace for creating disunity out of envy.
aryzgreat:

I can read sentiments written all over ur balderdash!

First if a catholic is d CAN president and behaves d way Pastor oritsejafor does, D catholic bishops conference would have called him to order! Guess d PFN has a lot of work to do!

Secondly, Jealousy over what? CAN presidency has been rotated btwn protestants and d catholic church, so why d jealousy? Cardinal Onaiyekan just finished his term and Pastor Ayo took over, is there any monetary gain of being CAN president which d catholic church cant give its bishop? what jealousy are u talking about bro?

Thirdly, u accused the catholic church of keeping mum? thats laughable! Who among the christian leaders has been more vocal than Bishop hassan kuka of sokoto Diocese, Cardinal okogie of lagos, Cardinal Onaiyekan, Monsignor Osu, d director of communication Abuja Archdioces? How can d catholic keep mum when its mostly catholic churches dat rxv boko haram attack? St Theresa Madalla and co comes to mind. My broda the security challenge at hand requires more diplomatic resolution than mere shouting and telling xtians to arm themselves, is that d teaching of Christ? U should congratulate Cardinal onaiyekan for preaching peace even in d face of provocative attack on catholic church and other xtian churches rada than igniting fire. U handle this issue with maturity else it explodes and those telling u to arm ur self will enter their private jet and fly out.

I demand apology from u for spewing lies against d church in an effort to sound smart, u short ur self on d foot bro. Peace!

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nonsense. Is catholic church older than satan? but he's stil alive for years. At the end, all the people that were deceived by roman catholicism wil regret. This is a church built on hypocricy and idolatry. A typical roman catholic can die why trying to touch the footprint of pope. Pope is the chief deceiver of this church. Virgin mary is nt aware that millions ar been deceived by praying to Jesus through her. Mary was the mother of Jesus, but more importantly, Jesus is the God that created mary. He saved her frm her sins and forgave her iniquities.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Agimor(m): 10:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
equily: Nyc move!!!!!!d church cannot fold it alm n watch tinz danglin, CATHOLIC 4 lyf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For God And for youth!!!!!!!!!
Through Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
misterme:

No! And not a matter of Onaiyekan here, simply cannot work with Politicized Church Leaders. The entire Catholic Church (not in Nigeria alone) hv never allowed hersef 2 be politicized. And mind you all ranters, only at National level they are still members at State levels, or y'all shld read again.

@donpata, Alcohol was never banned in d Bible ( or U give d verse), morderation was preached. Overdrinking, overeating or too-much of everything ar what Bible is against. Is sex not good? But Adultery and Fornication are not, people abstain from those. And so its a matter of choice if some other Churches abstain from Alcohol, use your head.
#Abortion, u're a slanderer. That has never bn supported by any Catholic body in any part of d world.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aryzgreat: 11:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Chiefpriest: You even sounded more foolish than your claims.your cardinal was defeated by ayo to become CAN president.also your cardinal is closer to GEJ than ayo.cathlic is just a disgrace for creating disunity out of envy.[color=#006600][/color]

yea just as onaiyekan defeated AKinola and Sunday Mbang to become CAN president on 2 occasions. And No d church didn't create disunity, it made its position known to CAN leadership in Nov and Dec but D tyrant ignored and never addressed d issues they raised, Dats a failure of leadership by Ayo. No body is against Ayo being close to president but he should not sell his birthright on d altar of partisan politics. Cardinal Okogie and onaiyekan have always been close to any govt by d virtue of their positions in d church hierachy but that has not stopped them from voicing out against d govt when d masses are oppressed.

Do u know dat during the last susbidy protest, Pastor Ayo was on TV defending subsidy? I think u sound more foolish dan me bro.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by autchman144(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hmmmm.....never knu we had so many Catholics on nl. Glory to Jesus...

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aryzgreat: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Catholic Church my foot. Let them go and sit down. They want to be in power. Which church is more politicized and governmental than Roman catholic church? Vatican refused to be under Italian government. Let them pull out and face their eternal burden of leading millions of Roman catholic adherents to hell. Probably they wanted Ayo to start praying chaplet. Nonsense.

I pray the boldened dont stand against u on judgement day. watch ur utterances!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by asagal(f): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mary Queen of Nigeria, Pray for us who hv recourse 2 thee..
AVE MARIA!!!

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by toolovely(m): 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
I am not a catholic, but I think its a wise thing to do. I wish my church could do same. The problem we have in this country is these so called pentecostal churches spreading every where like wild weeds. Tot pfn earlier said they r not part ☀f CAN? Seriously, if we could be sincere to ourselves,"christians" have lost dia values cos ☀f dis our so called pentecostal pastors

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aryzgreat: 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
donpata: I pity this alcoholics who call themselves catholics. They say they are the "true Christians" when dey drink and vomit their hangover in morning mass. They Catholics are being misled by their drunk leadership who cant think straight again.. Hosea 4:11 puts it wella; Alcoholism (Gulder, Heineken, Topman, Hennessy etc) Has robbed my people of their Brains. Else, think of Members of PDP pulling out from their National body and still claiming to be PDP members at state level.. See folly in openness. What, if not alcohol will make them think lyk dat...

God will not 4give u when u intentionally sin. I wonder wot is in the bulletin, guess Pastor Chris dat read d bible from I-pad is not reading d bible also? So catholic church approve alcohol and abortion? can u prove these?

May God have mercy on ur poor soul!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2013

I can see that Illiteracy runs in your family lineage. What is this alcoholism shit you're talking about? And for your info, the catholic church is the first and only church opposed to abortion and for this reason I blame them if not miscreants and misfits like you will not be alive to utter such gibberish. Cursed is the day you were conceived.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by kasiem(m): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
What would they say about how peter obi is filling every parastatal with catholics? This is sheer envy. I'm an anglican abeg. All d churches are d same
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by frankzone: 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
itz very clear the guy is a drug addict
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by frankzone: 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
lucenzo: I can see that Illiteracy runs in your family lineage. What is this alcoholism shit you're talking about? And for your info, the catholic church is the first and only church opposed to abortion and for this reason I blame them if not miscreants and misfits like you will not be alive to utter such gibberish. Cursed is the day you were conceived.
itz very clear the guy is a drug addict
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Nonsense. Is catholic church older than satan? but he's stil alive for years. At the end, all the people that were deceived by roman catholicism wil regret. This is a church built on hypocricy and idolatry. A typical roman catholic can die why trying to touch the footprint of pope. Pope is the chief deceiver of this church. Virgin mary is nt aware that millions ar been deceived by praying to Jesus through her. Mary was the mother of Jesus, but more importantly, Jesus is the God that created mary. He saved her frm her sins and forgave her iniquities.
You nsee my friend you sound more foolish than I think. when they say catholic church, they mean humans like us, and by my knowledge the characteristics of humans are that they are liable to sin. In fact they are sinners. The church was founded on truth and divinity but along the way, "HUMANS" IN THE CLOAKS OF priests, bishops and popes tried to derail it from it's path, but guess what? The church didi not fall. That is the beauty of the catholic church.
The pope is the head of the catholic church like a president is the head of a democratic state unlike your GOs who are authcratic heads of your churches. The pope lives and preaches on the advices of thousands of Bishops and Cardinals.

Did Mary ever tell you in person that she is unaware of what goes on in the world in respect to her person? If you don"t know what to say why don"t you shut the fu*k up. Bloody mofo.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
kasiem: What would they say about how peter obi is filling every parastatal with catholics? This is sheer envy. I'm an anglican abeg. All d churches are d same
Can you ssay that the Cahtholic church is thesame with Rev. King's church? I guess not. So please kindly rephrase your sentence.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by donpata(m): 12:06am On Jan 24, 2013
prairie: now tell me, if alcohol is dt bad y did Jesus break bread at d last supper nd drank wine sayin 'this is my body and blood'. Btw wine then ws far more alcoholic dan modern day beer

It says it all. U are ignorant coz ur cardinal prints evrithing on d bulletin, stands in one position nd reads it out 2 u. And dats d end of the Mass. If Catholic priest devote much tym in studyn (mayb dats y we hav d Charismatic movtmt), they would have told u dat d bible mentioned different types of wines only dat english language is limited in stating it; so it uses wine for all of such instances. Dig deep "true Christian" nd free urslf frm dis dogma..

lucenzo: I can see that Illiteracy runs in your family lineage. What is this alcoholism shit you're talking about? And for your info, the catholic church is the first and only church opposed to abortion and for this reason I blame them if not miscreants and misfits like you will not be alive to utter such gibberish. Cursed is the day you were conceived.

Before u Block my lungs with unkempt gutter, Illiteracy is ur middle name. Ohhh!! If only they would stop printing d message on bulletins so that they would preach better and their followers study the Word better.. By d way, i neva said anything abt abortion.. Its obvious d only tin u took up in secondary school was space; else u shld hav read my lines..
aryzgreat:

God will not 4give u when u intentionally sin. I wonder wot is in the bulletin, guess Pastor Chris dat read d bible from I-pad is not reading d bible also? So catholic church approve alcohol and abortion? can u prove these?

May God have mercy on ur poor soul!
Have u lied before? Was it unintentional? Did u lie unconsciously? When u came late for work d other day, was it really traffic as u told ur boss? Was dat lie not preplanned before it was executed... Dont claim U dont knw Catholic cardinals WOUND BEER... I cant just imagine sitting syd by syd with My pastor in a Bar wounding Beer together. Gosh. By d way, i neva said anytin abt abortion...
prairie: now tell me, if alcohol is dt bad y did Jesus break bread at d last supper nd drank wine sayin 'this is my body and blood'. Btw wine then ws far more alcoholic dan modern day beer
I dey laugh ohh.. Read bible bro or better return 2 d Canadian prairies.

If not for alcohol which have robbed them of normal thinking, how can a state body pull out of its national body and still hold its name?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by donpata(m): 12:07am On Jan 24, 2013
I only hope they will not rejoin when its another time for election.... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.