Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38511 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by wesley8: 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: did you read the whole story at all?I don't think so
What part did I miss?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: SHAME
Look at what the church of Jesus Christ has turned to!
I am catholic, i am anglican, i am redeemed.. A BIG SHAME TO YOU ALL.

As much as i agree that that the president of CAN has not been representing christians well, the catholic church should have called for dailogue rather than pulling out. This action just creates more division in the body of christ.
what happens when the dialogue fails?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nnachichi(f): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Johnnoah1st: is better u shut cus u may vomite senseless comment.
That's 2 harsh sir.I think d decision 2 shut up wil b a wise one 4 u 2.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Igwe.:
God bless you,they expect us to continue to be part of cash and carry orisa je efo led CAN

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by olede: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
It is too bad that at this stage christain are still worshiping islam as their gods in disguise. Have anyone see muslem mallams critising themselves on pages of newspaper as christain do. When shall all christain stop exposing themselves on pages of newspaper?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by INNARMORATA: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nawa 4una...‎​Ǎ̜̣̍м̣̣̥̇̊ a catholic tho bt dz nt d issh @hand..The criticism shld stop n we shld stand as one whether catholics or not..1 NIGERIA
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: shut up ode,you are just too scared to say the truth and face facts
Look young man, i am too matured to subscribe to name calling here. U said i am too scared to face the fact. Here let me give u an idea what the fact is - Every or most conc catholic and Orthodox worshippers don't like the pentecostal style of worship and their pastors. They call them '' get rich quick pastors''. I strongly believe dis is their reason. Forget all this too close to govt trash. Dis is nt d 1st time CAN presidents attend govt functions when invited.

Mind u, i am a born Anglican, and i know the strong dislike there is for d pentecostal style of worship. Bt dis does not apply to me becos i am an ''informed anglican'' dat puts no denominational boundries to my service to GOD.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.
who told you? he is assumed outspoken because he's their spokes person and speaks on their behalf and mind you, AYO CHURCH is not richer than catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by caesaraba(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Igwe.:

I wonder o! Do we now kneel down and start screaming "let somebody fry my enemies?"

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by wellmax(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Truckpusher(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
The catholic church: The very first religious institution that brainwashed mankind and the domino effect is still causing untold hardship to the entire human race to this very day...smh

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ceejay80s(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
::Andrew:::

Pulling out of CAN means they aint christians. cool
wetin u dey talk? Na we catholic be the 1st church, thank u Saint PETER, dem wan turn church to politics, in 2015 election, presidential posters go full inside church, na the pdp, acn posters u go see for alter

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by kevoh(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
1.They are pulling out because CAN is not being run the way it will meet the objectives setup by CAN from inception. Is the bolded part that hard for some people to understand? What is it with the catholics are unhappy they didn't win the election?

2. They are only pulling out at the national level, they will still be represented at the state level. In other words they are still with CAN. People should try and read posts before making sentimental comments. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ikocyztem: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
i supose they must ve mr CAN presido ORISEJAFOR b4 makin dia desicion. dat man looks stuborn and myt ve refused 2 listen 2 dem.
romanlaw: If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.
i supose they must ve mr CAN presido ORISEJAFOR b4 makin dia desicion. dat man looks stuborn and myt ve refused 2 listen 2 dem.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by equily(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
Pure envyyyyyy
sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap u hypocrite,,,,,,,, wat do u knw abt envy.............d truth is always clothed wit d garment of bitterness,,,,,,,amisdt dat (bitterness) it mst b said anytym anywere
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Fleming5(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
stormm: Monsignor Christopher Ajala, Administrator of Catholic Diocese of Abeokuta, has highlighted the reason the Catholic Church suspended its activities in the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), national body.

Speaking at a press conference to mark the 15th anniversary of the diocese in Abeokuta yesterday, Ajala declared that the Christian umbrella body was too close to government.

He alleged that the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led CAN had derailed from the objectives of the body, adding that the Catholic Bishops Conference was not comfortable with the development, hence its decision to pull out.

His words: “The Catholic Church took their stand before the purchase or the aircraft was donated to him. But what the Catholic Bishops Conference is complaining about is about the way they are running the national CAN now that is not meeting the objectives and the goals of CAN and the forefathers of CAN.

“CAN is now being run as part of the government and we said no. Because they (government) will dictate to us what to do and they will not take our advice seriously. The Catholic Church decided to withdraw from the activities of CAN at national level; we are still part of the state. We made our stand clear in November, last year, and by December, the man bought a jet. I don’t know how he got it but the president was there on that day the jet was delivered to him.

“So, what we are saying is that our religious leaders should be honest, upright and they should also be the conscience of this nation. If you are bought, the masses of this country are finished. If you can use money to buy our religious leaders, then there is no hope for the common man. That is the Catholic Church’s stand. We are supposed to speak for the people to correct the wrongs in the society and assist every government to know the will of God for them and we still stand by that.”

Ajala equally warned that the emergence of a Northern president in the 2015 general election may not be the ultimate solution to the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria.

“You mentioned that if a Northern president is elected that this will stop, I doubt it. It is very clear now that it’s not the northern leaders that are responsible. If an Emir could be attacked, the Sultan also could be attacked. So, it’s not just a northern leader leading us; that’s not the issue. This group has its own objectives and we should be united in fighting them. Northerners and southerners should be united in fighting this evil.”

http://www.mothertessie.com/news/pulled-can-catholic-church/

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Afexlove: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Wether you like it or not catholic represent christian in this world.. Proudly catholic

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
Pure envyyyyyy
which envy?roman catholic priests are not materialistic like some of your so called pastors,if they want jets there are people that can buy for them,but they are not after the things of this world,they don't need it to do their work

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by BrutusOj(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Peter wasn't a politician,so the catholic bishops refused to be part of selfish politics.CAN was beta under d orthodoxs
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Fadelex(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hmmm ****smiles, sip my maltina, balanced on my chair****
So catholic pull out of CAN, I dont really know they are part of CAN b4, its even better they pull out b4 they initiate other pentecostal churches to homosexualism...

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by xynerise: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: which envy?roman catholic priest are not materialistic like some of your so called pastors,if they want jets there are people that can buy for them,but they are not after the things of this world
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by igbeke: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
doh i am not a catholic, but i must commend d brave step of its leaders.
how i wish d remaining members of CAN will repent and truly lead by d status of our LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.
.... U R WELCOME!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by romanlaw(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
ceejay80s: wetin u dey talk? Na we catholic be the 1st church, thank u Saint PETER, dem wan turn church to politics, in 2015 election, presidential posters go full inside church, na the pdp, acn posters u go see for alter

First church indeed. That was in those days, when the world was sleeping. Now we are all wise and know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Bella3(f): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Igwe.:
LET IT BE DONE FIRST!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ikocyztem: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
2tex:
Look young man, i am too matured to subscribe to name calling here. U said i am too scared to face the fact. Here let me give u an idea what the fact is - Every or most conc catholic and Orthodox worshippers don't like the pentecostal style of worship and their pastors. They call them '' get rich quick pastors''. I strongly believe dis is their reason. Forget all this too close to govt trash. Dis is nt d 1st time CAN presidents attend govt functions when invited.

Mind u, i am a born Anglican, and i know the strong dislike there is for d pentecostal style of worship. Bt dis does not apply to me becos i am an ''informed anglican'' dat puts no denominational boundries to my service to GOD.
you are a lier and a self deciever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.