Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38512 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by achi4u(m): 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
Albedo27:
Through Christ!!!!!!!
Of d greatest Nigerian Catholic Youths! fundamental gba gba!! unintimidated CATHOLICS!!! The only non political christian Denomination.
Albedo27 de man! hw levels nah?

to the topic;

I pray that Catholic as a true church of Christ should come to the rescue of this misinformed lot roaming around clapping their hand and shouting holy ghost fire! everywhere.

CYON

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Osgee(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
U guy b kiaful wat u say n hw u say it. He is stil a man of God. If u thnk he sold awt, u shuld nt judge bt pray 4 him. Dnt inadvently incur a curse on urselves.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by FiftyFifty(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by lassbati: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
::Andrew:::

Pulling out of CAN means they aint christians. cool

Think man go back to history and know the real christians
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by lassbati: 8:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
nagoma: I have always had the confidence that the true chistians will raise their hands and voices in the end. The present CAN is the religious wing of the PDP as indicated by the catholic church. The Anglicans should not delay. They can't live with untruth.

very much in support of you
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Buchianom(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Proudly a Catholic,I just love the boldness of the Catholic Church.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by blocker: 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.
. If the CAN President were to be a CATHOLIC there would not be any need to pull out since obviously the laid down of objectives would be met. CAN is an umbrella not a Church in itself just like the Nigerian Labour Congress or United Nations. They pulled out for good reason afterall its a voluntary organization. An the Roman Catholic Church in Nigeria cannot be spending money belonging to an organization that does not conform to its agenda. Even individuals leave organizations when it no longer serves their needs so why do you expect any less from the Catholic Church?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by danjalingo: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: wow! This is informative, it was thought his chasm was suspect but i never knew edeh has left, was he excommunicated or did he leave? I know his attempt to ordain priest will incur latae sentitae excomminication which may be reserved to d apostolic see and even suspension of all his faculties but wow! I never knew he was out, what happened?

gossip!!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by comradeoscar(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kudos 2 d catholic church! its long overdue. "pastor" Oritsejafor is 2 materialistic! He is 2 worldly ad he is 2 Political. very soon He wil own a yatch. there is a kind of life religion leaders must live. I lived in Abuja & I knw how d catholic church presure Arch Bishop J onaikon 2 acept an SUV 4 his 70th birthday ad he insisted dt d name of d church shd b inscribed boldly on it. D church ad d world re 2 difrt ways bt mr ...Jafor hs dcided 2 bcome worldly & bcome PDPialized! May God hv mercy!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Olicris(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Italo ur anty dia idiot..mumu..if govnmt shuld b controlin d activites of CAN dat means CAN is slowly turnin 2 a politcal organisation nd dats wat catholic church as a body is against...

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
dan jalingo:

gossip!!
dat is y i asked wat hapened
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by danjalingo: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=achi4u]Albedo27 de man! hw levels nah?

to the topic;

I pray that Catholic as a true church of Christ should come to the rescue of this misinformed lot roaming around clapping their hand and shouting holy ghost fire! everywhere.

r u commenting on d topic or trying to vent ur anga on wot hz bn on ur mind 4 long?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
equily: Nyc move!!!!!!d church cannot fold it alm n watch tinz danglin, CATHOLIC 4 lyf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For God And for youth!!!!!!!!!
through christ!!!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by prairie(f): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Truckpusher: The catholic church: The very first religious institution that brainwashed mankind and the domino effect is still causing untold hardship to the entire human race to this very day...smh
lol, wc hardship if i may ask
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Degis(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
My Verdict!.

The pulling out of CAN by the Catholic is purely dramatic, which is just full of fury signifying nothing. Bye bye o!. No church or man is indispensable but God. Please remember to pull out of the State Chapters too.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by CasCas2: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
When Reverend(in the true meaning of the word) Catholic leaders and other non-political Men of God talk, the politicians listen, the main reason is because they know they have no political affiliation. A few examples: Cardinal Okojie, Cardinal Onaikan, Bishop My Man Kukah, and even recently, a certain Catholic Bishop laid it bare before Jonathan and Dickson at Azazi's burial, etc. Bakare and his politicized likes will never be taken seriously because they have soiled their hands.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
devour129: I AM A CATHOLIC YES I AM,AM PROUD TO BE A CATHOLIC.............................dancing azonto waiting for Anglicans to come tru(was born an Anglican but married into catholic)tired of all these get rich quick pple
iam proud protestant
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
tunapawizzy:
who be this mumu
mumu
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Isiterere(m): 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: don't mind them,I don't know why some people here always like to bring sentiment into their arguements,the catholic church as far as this issue is concerned has taken the right decision,take it or leave CAN under Orisa je efo has been politicised and that is very very baaaaaaad.
. I see d comedian side of u; "orisa je efo"
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by miiraaj: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bigboy 100%:
I have never veiwed the catholic church as christians. People who have a different Bible and pray with rosaries, and also worship a demon called Madonna as Mary. Most of their members don't even read their Bibles. Make I chop amala finish , I dey come .

U are a christian and insulting a fellow christian like this? Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
Sharapppppppppp!!!
Maybe the catholic church is still angry that they were defeated in the last CAN election by the pentecostals.
u hit d point.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by myners007: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
For ur info folks. ayo had once invited obj as a guest speaker to his church in warri to preach d gospel. ayo is a chasrismatic leader who can turn d fortune of christians.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Freezle: i really dont know what to say about them pulling out so i keep shut in this crucial time
I'm with you on this all important business of keeping shut at this moment.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by egbenduru: 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
Friends it is quite unfortunate that this thread or reaction from the catholic fold is being misunderstood.The catholics I believe freely decided to be part of CAN ,if at any stage with regards to the prevailing situation they deem it wise to suspend their participation in CAN I think no one should begrudge them this choice.I am not interested in denigrating any sect or down play the gift of the spirit but the truth need be told,conscience is an open wound and only truth can heal it.Any religious leader must play a prophetic role and this requires speaking out against injustice,corruption and the likes,but when you lose the moral stand to do this you are seen to be in the same boat with the ones you are criticising.For instance Onaiyekan even before assuming the position of CAN president has been respected within the GOVT circles for his roles in fostering unity among the rank and file of the contry's religions and in the unity of Nigeria.I remember clearly a friend resident in Abuja and working in a bank telling me last august of Onaiyekan's refusal to draw from a fund annonymously being credited to his account for more than 3 yrs,he even insisted the bank trace the source and eventually it happened that someone was erroneously paying into that account mistaking it to be a mortgage account he knew.At the last count the amount stood at a little over 3 million.In the same Abuja,the priest incharge of Holy trinity church maitama refused to take charge of a vehicle donated personally for his use by an annonymous person,the donor had parked the car within the parish premises with a note,all documents intact and intended for the use of the parish priest.I lived in Warri and I still remember how I was almost chased into the gutter by the convoy of Ayo along Ango park Ogunu rd on a sunday.Finally apart from the one branch headquaters of the church at Ajamimogha warri,why is the church not in villages,ozoro,umutu and even Escravos but the catholic church sends missionaries on boat to go and evangelise the residents there even reaching down to KOKO .Friends leave matter.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
...... Good riddance to bad rubbish .
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
After participating in this discussion,make sure u ask God to 4gv u of all the sins you have committed,know and unknw,cos wat u say here may stand against u tomoro.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
myners007 :
For ur info folks. ayo had once invited obj as a guest speaker to his church in warri to preach d gospel. ayo is a chasrismatic leader who can turn d fortune of christians.

You mean as an enterprise ?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by benzion72(m): 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
The Catholic are doing the bidding of Boko Harram. Because 99 percent of Churches attacked belong to them. May be by getting out of CAN they think the devil in Boko Haram can be appeased. They need a lot of prayers for protection more than Hail Mary mother of God pray for us.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by chidyke77(m): 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pentecostal democratic party, PDP in disguise. Well done roman catholic.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nwunuken(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
obicentlis: Catholic Church 4 life!!!
christianity for life
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chynexa(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
A step in the right direction @ Catholic Bishop's Conference.
Roman Catholic Church is still the only church after the mission of Jesus Christ our Lord and Master.
I declare: I'm a CATHOLIC till I die!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
benzion72: The Catholic are doing the bidding of Boko Harram. Because 99 percent of Churches attacked belong to them. May be by getting out of CAN they think the devil in Boko Haram can be appeased. They need a lot of prayers for protection more than Hail Mary mother of God pray for us.

Some believe that CAN may have had a role in the attacks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.