Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38507 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
stormm: Monsignor Christopher Ajala, Administrator of Catholic Diocese of Abeokuta, has highlighted the reason the Catholic Church suspended its activities in the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), national body.

Speaking at a press conference to mark the 15th anniversary of the diocese in Abeokuta yesterday, Ajala declared that the Christian umbrella body was too close to government.

He alleged that the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led CAN had derailed from the objectives of the body, adding that the Catholic Bishops Conference was not comfortable with the development, hence its decision to pull out.

[b]His words: “The Catholic Church took their stand before the purchase or the aircraft was donated to him. But what the Catholic Bishops Conference is complaining about is about the way they are running the national CAN now that is not meeting the objectives and the goals of CAN and the forefathers of CAN.

“CAN is now being run as part of the government and we said no. Because they (government) will dictate to us what to do and they will not take our advice seriously. The Catholic Church decided to withdraw from the activities of CAN at national level; we are still part of the state. We made our stand clear in November, last year, and by December, the man bought a jet. I don’t know how he got it but the president was there on that day the jet was delivered to him.

“So, what we are saying is that our religious leaders should be honest, upright and they should also be the conscience of this nation. If you are bought, the masses of this country are finished. If you can use money to buy our religious leaders, then there is no hope for the common man. That is the Catholic Church’s stand. We are supposed to speak for the people to correct the wrongs in the society and assist every government to know the will of God for them and we still stand by that.”
[/b]
Ajala equally warned that the emergence of a Northern president in the 2015 general election may not be the ultimate solution to the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria.

“You mentioned that if a Northern president is elected that this will stop, I doubt it. It is very clear now that it’s not the northern leaders that are responsible. If an Emir could be attacked, the Sultan also could be attacked. So, it’s not just a northern leader leading us; that’s not the issue. This group has its own objectives and we should be united in fighting them. Northerners and southerners should be united in fighting this evil.”

http://www.mothertessie.com/news/pulled-can-catholic-church/

The highlighted is the reason and they have tried making their stand known but to no avail. is there any other way than the pass of vote of no confidence?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by wesley8: 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.

I'm of the opinion that Oritsejafor has sounded a tad too confrontational over the BH issue but I TOTALLY agree with your assertion. This move by the Catholic church is illinformed and their excuses totally disgraceful. There are better ways to manage divisions within the church and the Church MUST NEVER be subjected to such open ridicule. Once again, THIS IS DISGRACEFUL.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Jeel: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
If reverand fada f.uckup its nt an ofence bt wen its a pentecostal its an ofence.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ceejay80s(m): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
I have not even finished reading....but thank God i'm a catholic

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Johnnoah1st: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
Freezle: i really dont know what to say about them pulling out so i keep shut in this crucial time
is better u shut cus u may vomite senseless comment.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jeel: If reverand fada f.uckup its nt an ofence bt wen its a pentecostal its an ofence.
you have ended up saying nonsense

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Leadn(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
Cray CAN!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
wesley8:

I'm of the opinion that Oritsejafor has sounded a tad too confrontational over the BH issue but I TOTALLY agree with your assertion. This move by the Catholic church is illinformed and their excuses totally disgraceful. There are better ways to manage divisions within the church and the Church MUST NEVER be subjected to such open ridicule. Once again, THIS IS DISGRACEFUL.
did you read the whole story at all?I don't think so

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Johnnoah1st: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
intelligen: How does dat improve d living standards of d common man on d street...?jst asking o
i tink google had made life easy for people like u in order to ask ur stupid question, so y asking us here again?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by slap1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
CAN has been bastardized by Papa Ayo and his cohorts. I commend the Catholic church for this bold step. #ProudlyAnglican

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
begwong:
which work to be made easier?
Globe trotting around the world?

And campaigning for PDP around the country. Can cover 3 cities and 10 church congregations a day.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Johnnoah1st: 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
devour129: I AM A CATHOLIC YES I AM,AM PROUD TO BE A CATHOLIC.............................dancing azonto waiting for Anglicans to come tru(was born an Anglican but married into catholic)tired of all these get rich quick pple
are u dancing it on trasformer?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
::Andrew:::

Pulling out of CAN means they aint christians. cool
Nope, CAN is nothing outside Nigeria and doesn't make you a christian.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by romanlaw(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
Sharapppppppppp!!!
The catholic church is still angry that they were defeated in the last CAN election by the pentecostals.

Usual PDP crap - whenever you tell them the home truth.difficult to differentiate Pentecostal from PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Igwe.:

The highlighted is the reason and they have tried making their stand known but to no avail. is there any other way than the pass of vote of no confidence?
no other way,they pulled out so that orisa je efo led CAN would not rubbish the Catholic church

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Bella3(f): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
SHAME
Look at what the church of Jesus Christ has turned to!
I am catholic, i am anglican, i am redeemed.. A BIG SHAME TO YOU ALL.

As much as i agree that that the president of CAN has not been representing christians well, the catholic church should have called for dailogue rather than pulling out. This action just creates more division in the body of christ.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by UkwuNnu(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
They are not comfortable with Ayo being close to the government or CAN?

Why the persistence mention of private jet in this report? #ISmellEnvy!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by biodunid: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kzinne: Jonathan or Abacha? Who would u pick?

Abacha! PTF and other good reasons.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Igwe9(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: no other way,they pulled out so that orisa je efo led CAN would not rubbish the Catholic church
we are saying the same thing. pulling out means. . . Vote of No confidence!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: If the CAN president was to be a CATHOLIC i dont think they will pull out. Its a case of jealousy or envy. Obviously since Ayo became the president , the Catholic church has become silent and un noticed. What do they mean by being close to the Government? Is GEJ not a christain? by virtue of which he is a member of CAN. Pastor Ayo is the only Christain that have remain outspoken with the killing of christain in the north while others especially the Catholics keeps mum. Always diunity in Chistainity no wounder different denomination.
when last did you listen to the news or read newspapers in your village?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Good move but I doubt any of the other big churches will follow, at least not with mega tithes and special seeds they receive.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by equily(m): 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nyc move!!!!!!d church cannot fold it alm n watch tinz danglin, CATHOLIC 4 lyf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For God And for youth!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
sharrrrrrrrrrap
Who are U calling true christians Catholics
Mtchewwwww
truth is bitter

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nlofficial(m): 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2013

Will you just shut up?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by IYANGBALI: 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
blink182: Good move but I doubt any of the other big churches will follow, at least not with mega tithes and special seeds they receive.
let them stay,it shows the difference between us

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ukwu_Nnu: They are not comfortable with Ayo being close to the government or CAN?

Why the persistence mention of private jet in this report? #ISmellEnvy!
yea

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.