Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,558 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38547 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aryzgreat: 12:10am On Jan 24, 2013
kasiem: What would they say about how peter obi is filling every parastatal with catholics? This is sheer envy. I'm an anglican abeg. All d churches are d same

Am from Anambra, wot about Okwadike, Mbadinuju and Etiaba? d few months Etiaba entered Govt seat, she also anglicanised many posts. Don't open a can of worm dat will devour u. Mbadinuju practically tear gased d catholic priests and congregation that led protest against d 1 year, 6months old strike that kept children at home in Anambra and for this singular action by d catholics, he hated them and made sure catholics were uprooted in various positions they occupied. Lets not derail this thread!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Adaeze003(f): 12:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Catholic, not Catholic, CAN, no CAN. I think what we should focus on is making Heaven. The body of Jesus can never be divided, it will stay ONE for true Christians. All this talk is just a waste! Iniquity is in every single church! No one is as exception! People are joining the church for different/selfish reasons but always remember that all is vanity! Everyone should make an effort to truly be 'like Christ' and forget all this.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by caesaraba(m): 12:23am On Jan 24, 2013
donpata[b:
]I pity this alcoholics who call themselves catholics.[/b] They say they are the "true Christians" when dey drink and vomit their hangover in morning mass. They Catholics are being misled by their drunk leadership who cant think straight again.. Hosea 4:11 puts it wella; Alcoholism (Gulder, Heineken, Topman, Hennessy etc) Has robbed my people of their Brains. Else, think of Members of PDP pulling out from their National body and still claiming to be PDP members at state level.. See folly in openness. What, if not alcohol will make them think lyk dat...

Its pure jealousy and envy jor! They hate Oritsejafor and his team period!!! Take a look at this; CAN president (Pentecostal), CAN VP (White garment), CAN Secretary (ECWA), CAN Fin. Sec. (Baptist).... and so on.. They dont have a say there. Dats y they pull out of National and still want to remain as Local Champs in their states where they hold sway and make decisions...

Who cares about their pulling out? Thats even less problem for CAN. Moreover they've just been occupying space...

Thank God for freeing me from this Dogmatic Church where bibles are not read but bulletins.. Where they Church is a Market place in the name of Bazaar.. Where Alcoholism is APPROVED and Abortion? cant remember. I love being a protestant Orthodox..

God forgive me where i erred... Afterall, na Christians we all b..

Why is your heart filled with such hate? Imagine being in the same CAN and breaking bread with someone who thinks this about me! Since you have already made heaven, why not just leave us to go practice what we preach in peace rather than slandering against the catholic church?
Abortion and alcoholism? Kai! I'm short of words. Someone who doesn't know better would swallow your slander hook, line and sinker. Thank you donpata, but please don't go harming any catholics around you, please leave God to judge us sinners.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by deoladele(f): 12:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Whatever,proud to be a CATHOLIC.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 24, 2013
[quote author=donpata]
Before u Block my lungs with unkempt gutter, Illiteracy is ur middle name. Ohhh!! If only they would stop printing d message on bulletins so that they would preach better and their followers study the Word better.. By d way, i neva said anything abt abortion.. Its obvious d only tin u took up in secondary school was space; else u shld hav read my lines..
Have u lied before? Was it unintentional? Did u lie unconsciously? When u came late for work d other day, was it really traffic as u told ur boss? Was dat lie not preplanned before it was executed... Dont claim U dont knw Catholic cardinals WOUND BEER... I cant just imagine sitting syd by syd with My pastor in a Bar wounding Beer together. Gosh. By d way, i neva said anytin abt abortion...

How can I block your lungs with unkempt gutter? you are the definition of an unkempt gutter.
If illiteracy is my middle name then stupidity is your surname.
How can I read a line or lines, so much for someone who took up '"dots" in secondary school.

And finally if you have nothing to say just shut up and save your parents the embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Raxz(m): 1:18am On Jan 24, 2013
Pulling out of CAN, will that solve the problem with the management of CAN if there any? I hv not seen where a man attempt running away from his own sin. If catholic church pull out of CAN does that stop them from been Christians? The answer is No. So why are they trying to shy away from the problem there are directly or indirectly part of, instead of providing solutions. This is one of the wast decision any one or body can take in a situation like this. I am advising the leadership of catholic churches in Nigeria to hv a rethink over there Decision 2 pull out of CAN. I believe it not on the best interest of Catholics or Christians in general they are doing this.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by salvarhymes: 1:23am On Jan 24, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.

guy u just said d truth. I live in warri where he stays so i can confirm it.... It was i gift nt dat he bought it.... Meanwhile, he has tried for CAN. I guess they hav another reason of running. Also, they fail to remember dat d pope Benedict or whatever dey call him is a right hand man of president obama. They r blind jare
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by StOla: 1:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Bigboy 100%:
I have never veiwed the catholic church as christians. People who have a different Bible and pray with rosaries, and also worship a demon called Madonna as Mary. Most of their members don't even read their Bibles. Make I chop amala finish , I dey come .

To enlighten u a bit, the Catholic church compiled the bible and determined which books were scriptural or not out of the many available. So if ur protestant bible is edited then blame it on Martin Luther. What u have is not Bible because it's not what the early church fathers compiled and named so. Also the Catholic church has never viewed u as Christian either, but as a heretic on a path to perdition.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 24, 2013
salvarhymes:

guy u just said d truth. I live in warri where he stays so i can confirm it.... It was i gift nt dat he bought it.... Meanwhile, he has tried for CAN. I guess they hav another reason of running. Also, they fail to remember dat d pope Benedict or whatever dey call him is a right hand man of president obama. They r blind jare
this is the dumbest post I've seen in my time on nairaland. Pope Benedict, Obama's right hand man? guy where do you live?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Pygru: 1:39am On Jan 24, 2013
St.Ola:

To enlighten u a bit, the Catholic church compiled the bible and determined which books were scriptural or not out of the many available. So if ur protestant bible is edited then blame it on Martin Luther. What u have is not Bible because it's not what the early church fathers compiled and named so. Also the Catholic church has never viewed u as Christian either, but as a heretic on a path to perdition.
Lies
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 24, 2013
Pygru:
Lies
how? Do you know your history?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Lovethywilbedon: 2:04am On Jan 24, 2013
kasiem: What would they say about how peter obi is filling every parastatal with catholics? This is sheer envy. I'm an anglican abeg. All d churches are d same
Point of CORRECTION. All the Churches are not the same. Besides Peter Obi is doing that because Catholics are more SINCERE and TRUSTWORTHY. On the other hand Mbadinuju did the same with Anglicans, from 1999 to 2003 and you know the state of BANKRUPTCY, BLOODSHED and UNDERDEVELOPMENT that our state went into. I will never forget how we WASTED ONE FULL YEAR at home because this man and his Anglican supporters EMBEZZLED 12 Months Salaries of our teachers. I will never forget how for the very first time in my life I have to travel 1km to 2km by foot with my heavy bucket just to fetch water. Thanks to Mbadinuju, Emeka Ofor and there Anglican cacus for sharing the 10 months salary of worker in water Co-orpation. I will never forget how human being were being slauttered before our eyes in broad day light and their heads used to play "Monkey Post" by those wicked Bakassi boys employed by Mbadinuju. While all these were happening the Anglican Bishops kept silent while the endless warnings of Catholic Bishops of Onitsha and Awka fell on deaf ears. Now that Obi came in and decided to use Catholic laymen and women with few Rev Sisters, can't you see the TOTAL TRANSFORMATION that is taking place in Anambra State. Can't you see the wonderful contribution these people are making in Obi's adminstration, is it because they are Catholic, though some of them are Anglicans and Penticostals. So you don't see what is happening to our schools, hospitals road, youths, orphans, widows. We Catholics belief in the respect for human life, when was the last time you watched a man being killed like a goat just the way it happened on daily bases in Onitsha and Nnewi during the time of Mbadinuju who is an Anglican. Even innocent Moslems and their Mosque are being protected here in Anambra State, while their BH brothers bomb Catholics churches and kill Catholics in the North. That is respect for human life. That is what happens when Catholic Bishops talks in unity and a Catholic Governor listens and Obays. That THE HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH for you and that is THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST for you. Anybody on this thread who knows the past and present about Anambra State should please qoute me where am wrong. By the way *Kasiem*, why is that you can't appreciate good works from Catholics when you see one.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by StOla: 2:09am On Jan 24, 2013
donpata: I pity this alcoholics who call themselves catholics. They say they are the "true Christians" when dey drink and vomit their hangover in morning mass. They Catholics are being misled by their drunk leadership who cant think straight again.. Hosea 4:11 puts it wella; Alcoholism (Gulder, Heineken, Topman, Hennessy etc) Has robbed my people of their Brains. Else, think of Members of PDP pulling out from their National body and still claiming to be PDP members at state level.. See folly in openness. What, if not alcohol will make them think lyk dat...

Its pure jealousy and envy jor! They hate Oritsejafor and his team period!!! Take a look at this; CAN president (Pentecostal), CAN VP (White garment), CAN Secretary (ECWA), CAN Fin. Sec. (Baptist).... and so on.. They dont have a say there. Dats y they pull out of National and still want to remain as Local Champs in their states where they hold sway and make decisions...

Who cares about their pulling out? Thats even less problem for CAN. Moreover they've just been occupying space...

Thank God for freeing me from this Dogmatic Church where bibles are not read but bulletins.. Where they Church is a Market place in the name of Bazaar.. Where Alcoholism is APPROVED and Abortion? cant remember. I love being a protestant Orthodox..

God forgive me where i erred... Afterall, na Christians we all b..

Let start with abortion. The biggest anti-abortion entity in the world is the Catholic church. How u seem to be unsure of their position on the matter is deviously mischievous.

Alcohol. As a Christian, what is my business with Hosea. Is he the testator of the new covenant. Even under the law, men and women drank with it not counted as an offence. Alcohol has always been a staple diet. With Christianity, Christ came eating and drinking and was called a glutton and drunkard/winebiber by his own account. He turned water to wine, had wine at his last supper, and even concluded that man won't be judged by what he consumes but by what originates from the heart. So what is ur baseless Christian issue with alcohol.

I also find this bulletin Vs bible debate irrelevant. Whats the content of the bulletin readings? What's the content of the bible readings? Whether read from a small pamphlet or a big book called bible, scripture is scripture. Besides, the Catholics as the existing Christian fellowship compiled the bible in the 3rd or 4th century, deciding what is scripture or not out of a multitude of perceived holy books. So that u have a book called bible, though ur version is edited, is to the credit of that same dogmatic Catholic church.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 24, 2013
^^^ you dey mind the fool?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Lovethywilbedon: 3:03am On Jan 24, 2013
donpata:

It says it all. U are ignorant coz ur cardinal prints evrithing on d bulletin, stands in one position nd reads it out 2 u. And dats d end of the Mass. If Catholic priest devote much tym in studyn (mayb dats y we hav d Charismatic movtmt), they would have told u dat d bible mentioned different types of wines only dat english language is limited in stating it; so it uses wine for all of such instances. Dig deep "true Christian" nd free urslf frm dis dogma..

Before u Block my lungs with unkempt gutter, Illiteracy is ur middle name. Ohhh!! If only they would stop printing d message on bulletins so that they would preach better and their followers study the Word better.. By d way, i neva said anything abt abortion.. Its obvious d only tin u took up in secondary school was space; else u shld hav read my lines..
Have u lied before? Was it unintentional? Did u lie unconsciously? When u came late for work d other day, was it really traffic as u told ur boss? Was dat lie not preplanned before it was executed... Dont claim U dont knw Catholic cardinals WOUND BEER... I cant just imagine sitting syd by syd with My pastor in a Bar wounding Beer together. Gosh. By d way, i neva said anytin abt abortion...

I dey laugh ohh.. Read bible bro or better return 2 d Canadian prairies.

If not for alcohol which have robbed them of normal thinking, how can a state body pull out of its national body and still hold its name?
That is one thing with you people. When you are caught in one route you manouver you way to another route. So there are now two types of wine?. Alcoholic wine and "Non Alchoholic wine" (fruit juice, which is not a wine since going by dictionary definition all wines are ALCOHOLIC). Okay no problem, Just with 2 questions that will require just [Yes] or [No], I will catch you "Big Time" with your Pants Down and you won't be able to change routes again. Know it today that what varies in wines is the alcoholic content by percentage%. Anyway, let me accept your False idea that there are wines with 0% alcohol. [Q1.]What type of wine was Christ accused of drinking IN THE HOUSE OF TAX COLLECTORS AND UNBELIVERS, Is it a FRUIT JUICE (fake wine with 0% alcohol)?. Just answer Yes or No. Noteing the fact that He drank this very wine, WITH and IN THE HOUSE OF TAX COLLECTORS and UNBELIVERS (which will also include gangstars, halots, rouges etc since he came for the "Sick" and not the "Healthy"wink [Q2.]By not taking alcohol "AT ALL" does it add "ANYTHING" to your Holiness?. Please just answer Yes or No to the 2 questions. Good Luck!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Oliseloke(m): 3:31am On Jan 24, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Oliseloke(m): 3:35am On Jan 24, 2013
salvarhymes:

guy u just said d truth. I live in warri where he stays so i can confirm it.... It was i gift nt dat he bought it.... Meanwhile, he has tried for CAN. I guess they hav another reason of running. Also, they fail to remember dat d pope Benedict or whatever dey call him is a right hand man of president obama.
They r blind jare
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by GospelRapper(m): 5:23am On Jan 24, 2013
"A kingdoom divided against it self cannot stand" Jesus Christ (2000yrs ago)
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ijemomo(m): 5:50am On Jan 24, 2013
A bold step in d right direction! Kudos. The present CAN is now more political than religious! Their insatiable desire for material aquisition is unparallelled!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ignis: 5:59am On Jan 24, 2013
peckhamboi: Well done to the Catholic Church, one of the only few true churches left in Nigeria.

Thou shall not judge
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by kalunomics(m): 6:14am On Jan 24, 2013
i wonder why the roman catholic church of God will associate theirself with these business centres called churches which most of got started because of the hardship in the country. If u say you truly want to serve God, fold that church you are a leader in worship God as a lay man in another church (that is not catholic o!)
Imagine the Jehova Witnesses are seperating and forming another organisation like Jehova Witness but not actually it, all because of material things. Unity in purpose and direction is one place where i respect the muslims.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by miketayo(m): 6:22am On Jan 24, 2013
::Andrew:::

Pulling out of CAN means they aint christians. cool

the catholic has been existing long before CAN..shhh

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by kalunomics(m): 6:37am On Jan 24, 2013
What catholics do in church on sundays is called mass which is where we celebrate the "Lord's Supper", the "Breaking of Bread", the "Eucharistic assembly (synaxis)", the "memorial of the Lord's Passion and Resurrection", the "Holy Sacrifice", the "Holy and
Divine Liturgy" and "Holy
Communion"

The term "Mass" is derived from the Late Latin word missa
(dismissal), a word used in the concluding formula of Mass in Latin: " Ite, missa est" ("Go; it is the dismissal"wink. "In
antiquity, missa simply meant 'dismissal'. In Christian usage, however, it gradually took on a deeper meaning. The word 'dismissal' has come to imply a 'mission'. These few words
succinctly express the
missionary nature of the
Church". ( Pope Benedict XVI, Sacramentum caritatis, 51)

so if u only attend that mass, you are not a catholic because you will not learn much from it. You need to join an association in the church where full bible and teachings are read and done. The problem is that most people that barely know the name of the parish where he attends his sunday sunday medicine missa call themselves catholic too. Challenge a real catholic in a bible quiz and see what comes out of it. Which people compiled this bible you are being proud of and feel you know more of today? Remember before the seperation of anglican from the church of christ, when you say church, its roman catholic church you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by romanlaw(m): 6:43am On Jan 24, 2013
Roman Catholic National Leaders Denies pulling out of CAN : continue killing yourself over a fake news.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by iamtochai: 6:52am On Jan 24, 2013
N̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅ wa Oº°˚˚°ºoo! This is a̶̲̥̅̊ very wrong move. If the̶̲̥̅̊ catholics think †h♌† CAN is now dancing τ̅☺ the̶̲̥̅̊ tune of the̶̲̥̅̊ government, they should Ʈяŷ τ̅☺ correct I̶̲̥̅̊t and not pulling out. Its like running away from your burning house instead of trying τ̅☺ make efforts τ̅☺ stop the̶̲̥̅̊ fire. *smh

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Obipat(m): 6:52am On Jan 24, 2013
abeg who gave him the jet? The person doesn't have identity? U be fooling urselves. My people perish cos they lack knowledge

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by jay2k(m): 7:25am On Jan 24, 2013
cleric: I am not a Roman Catholic but I totally support their decision. It is nice to know that a church still knows what is right amidst misguided decision makers.
wat is dea in dea decision dat u r suportin,,as much as i kno ayo may ve been carried away,,is dea no regulatry arm of can capable of sanctioning or calling ayo to oda ??is pulling out d best?? Wat r dey telling d enemies about d house nw,do dey kno wat dey xposing d catholic bros nd sis in d north by declearing to stand on dea own or off d umbrella of can unda wich umbrella r dey gonna shout from if any meehem is bein mated on dem esp.dose in d north. If a ctholic had been d can presido nd is misbehaving will catholic pull out as d solution ..well i ve known d catholics as pepl dat has not yet understood d princles of christianity....causion ayo nd continue d figth if xtianity must be sustained in a country like nigeria wea d muslims wants to declear evry body Forcefuly..pulling out is a political approach so i can still tell d catholics dat dey r more political dan ayo. Dats ma own kind contribution..plz no insult intended on d catholics
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by jay2k(m): 7:33am On Jan 24, 2013
IYA NGBALI: don't mind them,I don't know why some people here always like to bring sentiment into their arguements,the catholic church as far as this issue is concerned has taken the right decision,take it or leave CAN under Orisa je efo has been politicised and that is very very baaaaaaad.
if a ctholic wea to b d president,, ii can tell u without fear of contradiction dat d catholics will neva pull out.so believe it or not dat d catolics r being mor political hea dan ayo...i still sence fowl play hea cos now dat dey r out r dey gona be with a voice Or do dey want to be a seperate xtian umbrella..hhmmmm may b dey want dea own jet....d catholics r yet to understand d bible shaa in approachin certain issue in d xtiandom
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Revolva(m): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2013
That's why sanusi lamented all these bodies CAN , and thise islamic ones should be bann!! They are bringin much confusion other than unity
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by italo: 8:03am On Jan 24, 2013
GospelRapper: "A kingdoom divided against it self cannot stand" Jesus Christ (2000yrs ago)

Tell that to those shops you call "churches."

We Catholics are not divided!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Yujin(m): 8:05am On Jan 24, 2013
nagoma: I have always had the confidence that the true chistians will raise their hands and voices in the end. The present CAN is the religious wing of the PDP as indicated by the catholic church. The Anglicans should not delay. They can't live with untruth.
Mr, how much do you know about the Church? Roman Catholics pulling out of CAN doesn't change anything. Besides its just on the national level.
Commendation MUST go to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor for standing up unflinchingly for Christians at the height of the attacks by your brothers(bh). When the time comes you will know that nothing has changed.
@topic, the Roman Catholic Church has some points esp if CAN is being too close to the govt. Religion should be separated from the State.
There is no cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by dom(m): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2013
As a choral musician I tend to get involved one way or the other with CAN activities. As recently as 2weeks ago I was at the National Christian Centre for the National Armed Forces Rememberance Day Service.. I keep shaking my head at the underground bazaar that goes on there. Everything is an opportunity to make money. Many mushroom church leaders in CAN have turned millionaires overnight.. The Catholic Church traditionally is orderly,conservative and doesn't suffer fools gladly. Not surprised they've pulled out at the national level.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / Alfa Leads Thugs To Disrupt Church Service In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.