Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38506 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Suljosh: 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
To be frank with u all, i'm really disapointe with CAN. & Its leader Ayo oritsejafor
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Suljosh: 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Disapointed
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Suljosh: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
To be frank with u all, i'm really disapointed with CAN. & Its leader Ayo oritsejafor
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by shamson: 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
chyseth: sincerely i dont think this is the right thing to do. we re already losing the battle if we can not fight from a common front. i think this is more of personal concerns that can be addressed in an executive meeting with all concerned, unless such has been done and it did not yield any positive result. in that case to your tent oh isreal
But, who are the common enemy you want to fight? Is wasting state resources on few who ar privileged to lead CAN part of the game?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chuksgeo: 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
How does this change the price of garri in the market?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Phikom(m): 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
to your tent O Kunlah...
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by chocopearl(f): 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
I'm nt suprised @ dis, d Catholic faith hav always bn known to stand 4 d truth. If u doubt me take a trip to Enugu state and see for ursef how Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka handles politicians according to their evil deeds witout FEAR.
I Rep Roman Catholic Church all d way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ozolity(m): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.
gram
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by shamson: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
changextra: Like never before, this is the time for chritians to unite, especially when christians are being slaughtered like rams in the north. if there are differences amongst them in the association (CAN), there are many ways to resolve it amicably, without shaming the body of christ. This is certainly not the time to be conscious of your denomination. This is the reason why many christians 'hero-worship' their leaders, instead of giving themselves to prayers, and issues of true worship. In the first place, Jesus did not come to die for any denomination. Unity of the body of christ in the nation is more important. If the MOG bought jet and you think he's wrong to do that, leave him to the God who called him. Not an excuse for pulling out. Imagine if other churches also pulled out. This is where some other religious bodies are wiser. God help the church.

I wonder what people like you will become if entrusted with position of authority in this country.The first phase of nigeria problem is when people think their religion/tribe supersedes others and this is the same idea some leaders in the north sold to majority of their followers.
But, seeing people of this pedigree promoting same is worst than anything.So, Nigeria money should be an instrument in the hand of Orisajofor, and other corrupt leader in the name of God or in the name of being a christian?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by egbenduru: 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
The catholic church in Nigeria has taken a bold step here,suspending her participation in CAN at the national level,the church in Nigeria should not be an object of ridicule before Government and Nigeria.Without criticising any group,certain churches in Nigeria need to step up the standards in the formation of their clergy,have a sound doctrinal and theological base in their utterances,actions before the public instead of creating the impression that whoever can purchase the bible can simply go ahead preaching the word.The church remains the voice of the common man,it is notfor nothing that the catholic clergy has in its fold,seasoned and balanced experts in various fields.The society is growing and we need not be left behind in the evolutionary trend.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ckkris: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
[Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No one can approach God except by Him, John 14:6

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
brownlord:

What a shame, let the catholic bodies say the truth, is this not the first time a non catholic is leading CAN you see the born to rule mentality with we Nigerians,if it was the catholic leading this same CAN they wont hv reasons to pull out, now it's a non catholic they give all forms of excuse, is this in anyway diff. From the Jona and nothern palava that is tearing this nation apart, had there been a time the same CAN has never been close to the govt? What the objectives of the body to start with, is it not to represent Christians before the govt. so their problem now is that he's too close to the govt. doesnt that suggest to them the reason for been too close is because the govt. is led by a Christian, Abeg let this idiot say what their problem is and stop lying to the public

@ IYA NGBALI and co, you all arenhypocrits
please correct urself, i'm still researching d issue but non catholics have led CAN b4 including anglican and methodist. Ur idea dat dis is d first time a non catholic leds can is incorrect.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ndkings1(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Catholic till i die
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by davesndy: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
egbenduru: The catholic church in Nigeria has taken a bold step here,suspending her participation in CAN at the national level,the church in Nigeria should not be an object of ridicule before Government and Nigeria.Without criticising any group,certain churches in Nigeria need to step up the standards in the formation of their clergy,have a sound doctrinal and theological base in their utterances,actions before the public instead of creating the impression that whoever can purchase the bible can simply go ahead preaching the word.The church remains the voice of the common man,it is notfor nothing that the catholic clergy has in its fold,seasoned and balanced experts in various fields.The society is growing and we need not be left behind in the evolutionary trend.
Oga if u know anytin at all about d bible den u shld kno dat evrybody shld preach it. Not just some few people. Pls stop wit these talk. If d roman catholic church is truly not pleased with CAN, they should have gone through d ryt channels not just do dis publicity stunt. Whatever sha, I was never a fan of CAN.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by doggshaven: 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
To make what work easier?. Abeg make we hear word!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
this does not look good, this is an unhealthy development! certainly not the way to go.anyway it appears to be a season of breaking aways. lets cast our minds back a little bit, remember that some centuries ago the breaking away of protestant christian from the catholic church began, now its the turn of the catholic church to break out from CAN.we also heard recently that a new sect JAMB has broken away from BH
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by mikewoques: 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bigboy 100%:
I have never veiwed the catholic church as christians. People who have a different Bible and pray with rosaries, and also worship a demon called Madonna as Mary. Most of their members don't even read their Bibles. Make I chop amala finish , I dey come .
@Bigboy
You call Mother Mary a demon?
May She have pity on your poor blind soul and atleast grant you life to regret your speech and beg for pardon.
I will recite the Holy Rosary on behalf of people like you and ask her, my Madonna for forgiveness because you do not know what you are doing
I equally urge my fellow devouts on this forum to join me in doing so.
Must confess. . this comment caught my attention
AVE MARIA !!!

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ocelot2006(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
I'm with the catholic church on this one.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
vitality22:
Let me quickly tell you that the owner of Madonna University, Prof Fr Emmanuel Edeh is no more a catholic priest. He ordains his own reverend fathers and sisters who the catholic church does not recognise. He can not go to a catholic church to conduct mass. Take note
wow! This is informative, it was thought his chasm was suspect but i never knew edeh has left, was he excommunicated or did he leave? I know his attempt to ordain priest will incur latae sentitae excomminication which may be reserved to d apostolic see and even suspension of all his faculties but wow! I never knew he was out, what happened?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
hurricaneChris: One of the greatest things God did for me was bringing me into a catholic home. How do u xpet us to b confident with dis kinda Asso. wen it has los all values?

OMG!! The Pope who leads more than one billion catholics world wide, uses Ali-Italia (Italian Air), pastor Ayo with less dan a hundred million Christians in Nigeria uses a private jet.

bene factum ecclesia catholica, Benedictio Ecclesiae mater. .....welldone Catholic church, God bless the mother of the church
a little correction, i tink it shuld b beneditio mater ecclesiae not ecclesiae mater, ur interpretation may also b suspect, "mother of d church" is a mystical title given to mary because she gave birth to d physical christ whose mystical body is d church. "mother church" shuld do a better job as in "God bless d church our mother".
Thanks.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ckkris: 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Was that shocking ?

Sir,
Please how do you reconcile a great contradiction of a native nri priest of igbo shrines, and simultaneously a catholic worshipper of the most high God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the holy One of Israel.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Albedo27(m): 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
equily: Nyc move!!!!!!d church cannot fold it alm n watch tinz danglin, CATHOLIC 4 lyf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,For God And for youth!!!!!!!!!
Through Christ!!!!!!!
Of d greatest Nigerian Catholic Youths! fundamental gba gba!! unintimidated CATHOLICS!!! The only non political christian Denomination.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by tillo4real(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
The full story is that catholic ch is pulling out from can fine,and so what is all the comment. For me there is not problem in that,let ur stop criticizing each other,the catholic have stated the reason why there pulling out can you pple open up you big eye and see what they write,now the all issue no turn in insulting other. Making you na go sleep
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by decepticos(m): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
Some great politicians i have heard of were catholic these guys (Rodrigo Borgia just to name one amongst a multitude) were real ladder climbers, point here is that a church dis old with a network so wide in range cutting across a number if nations doesn't just up an out for reasona obvious enough to be seen, or is it that the obviousness of da case is wat requires dis action. In all truth u can't fool a wise old lady esp one as old as d catholic church, their reason must b of great significance.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by mu2sa2: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
wesley8:

I'm of the opinion that Oritsejafor has sounded a tad too confrontational over the BH issue but I TOTALLY agree with your assertion. This move by the Catholic church is illinformed and their excuses totally disgraceful. There are better ways to manage divisions within the church and the Church MUST NEVER be subjected to such open ridicule. Once again, THIS IS DISGRACEFUL.
Freedom of association is guaranteed under the Nigerian Constitution. Catholic church dont want to associate with Oritsejafor. Shikena. What is disgraceful about that?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by danjalingo: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
devour129: I AM A CATHOLIC YES I AM,AM PROUD TO BE A CATHOLIC.............................dancing azonto waiting for Anglicans to come tru(was born an Anglican but married into catholic)tired of all these get rich quick pple

i hope there's no problem? what wit the statement?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by DrummaBoy(m): 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
I do not attend a Catholic church but I commend them on this move.
Its the biggest indictment of Oritsejafor.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ceejayluv(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
daywatcher: Oh shit...does the pope know about this?
Of course HE does. When I say "he" I mean the Holy See.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by achi4u(m): 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
I think with d number of penticostal churches springup here & there everyday would've affect the population of catholic church but the reverse is the case...

The "likes" here for Catholic is awesome.

Proudly CATHOLIC
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
davesndy:
Oga if u know anytin at all about d bible den u shld kno dat evrybody shld preach it. Not just some few people. Pls stop wit these talk. If d roman catholic church is truly not pleased with CAN, they should have gone through d ryt channels not just do dis publicity stunt. Whatever sha, I was never a fan of CAN.
it seems d right channels were followed, the cath church made their stand nov and dec and d stuff wasn't address by d presido, only one line of action is open wen such happen and it is to withdraw, i congratulate dem dat dey didnt decided to cut CAN off totally in all levels but if presido doesnt have a good ear, i won't b suprised if CAN is cut off like a roten arm.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by brownlord: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Close your mouth, they hard a long tussle in the 1980s over Church ownership in Benin. If you were not born then or to young to know the story please ask the elders in your home.

Orisha is a fraud and a thug. He is not a model for any aspiring Christian leader. Christian leaders are known to be meek ala John Paul II and Benedict XIV, but what we have in Orisha is an ex drug addict. He confessed to given up drugs but with the way he carries himself, I doubt it.

Is that the man you want the likes of Okogie, Most Rev Obinna and the gentleman Onaiyekan to be associated with? Tufiakwa.

I dont believe this lies against BI, for all i know, ayor, oyedepo, omokpai all served under the arch bishop before they all decided to go their seperate ways, so this ur lie i no understand am, that even idahosa sent assasins to ayo, uncle you can lie o.

@the catholic issue, i dont see any justifiable reason they hv to pull except for greed and personal interest, all the yrs theyve bn heading this position, no one complained, no body pulled out, someone else is heading it they now remember its bcomin political, would there be a time they wont be close to the govt.? What the essence of forming the body if not to represent the body of christ before the govt. You all can keep lying to urself, that the problem wit nigeria, we knw the truth, but sentiment wount let us, i pitty this nation
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by pictures: 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Oritsejafor , abeg , enjoy your plane jare.
Na your turn to shine grin grin ;
Look , I know Nigerians , the underlying problem is
that Oritsejafor is presumed to be eating alone . The donations
in all churches are they scrutinised to know the sources ? Why don't they
wait till Oritsejafor tenor ends before pulling out? Because they want
to make their grievances known now , so they can be put there next time as a form
of compensation.
There is politics everywhere , even in families. This is a political and selfish move to me.
Oritsejafor will not be there forever and he said he is not even
contesting again. Why can't they settle the matter within themselves
as Christians? which example are they showing to non Christians . Even Jesus tolerated
Judas Iscariot who was stealing from him. Those who don't even know what is happening
among these men of God always think they are speaking for God on every move they take.
This is all about power and control. The reasons they are giving is just a side excuse.
What has all the talking and criticism of past govts. amounted to ? We are still were we
are in Nigeria . If they are serious about changing Nigeria , they should form their own
political party . All these talking , envy , fighting and backbiting will lead to nothing and will
only make the world to laugh at christians.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.