Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? (17218 Views)

Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / Serial Bride:woman Marries Three Husbands In Three Years: Two Were Pastors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DOULUVME: 2:36am On Jan 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

A man that keep reminding the woman that "he is the man of the house" is surely not a man . . . It is his actions and caring to the woman that would make the woman say, "Thanks God, i have a man" . . . you doing dishes does not make you less of a man.
[size=46pt] lai lai. A woman's place is in the kitchen. I'm too proud to do any of those things.[/size]
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Richy4(m): 2:38am On Jan 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Anything wrong in he expecting it to happen again?
Please read yourself again, you said, you did it once for love and what happen to doing it often for that same love? or your love is periodical?

Have you ever done some stuff against your will before? if yes. that is how it feels
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by A40(m): 2:56am On Jan 26, 2013
yertyr: Sincerely, I wudn't provide money 4 food and still help in preparing d dish... Neva!!! Please don't tell me it's love abeg...
Husband aiding wife in the kitchen. What do you think?
A lot of guys can cook better than girls these days anyway lol what the phuck am I saying? Its always been that way grin

This is why its good for men to do feasibility studies on women before they marry em! Some women see cooking as a chore others love to do it and are very territorial when it comes to the kitchen it pays to notice and observe their various traits and decide whether to settle with them or keep it moving
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Fhemmmy: 3:13am On Jan 26, 2013
DO.U.LUV.ME?:
[size=46pt] lai lai. A woman's place is in the kitchen. I'm too proud to do any of those things.[/size]

So sad that a "Man" could think this way . . .
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Fhemmmy: 3:14am On Jan 26, 2013
Richy.:

Have you ever done some stuff against your will before? if yes. that is how it feels

Not even sure of what else to say . . .
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DOULUVME: 3:17am On Jan 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So sad that a "Man" could think this way . . .
[size=46pt] wat is sad there??[/size]
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 3:19am On Jan 26, 2013
"men of the house" dont need to go around announcing their status. He shows it by his actions and his woman respects, loves and honors him without question.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Fhemmmy: 3:27am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan: "men of the house" dont need to go around announcing their status. He shows it by his actions and his woman respects, loves and honors him without question.

Gbammm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DOULUVME: 3:35am On Jan 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Gbammm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by SORTER: 3:42am On Jan 26, 2013
Really?...I guess U îE D one providing The Money?...
Eiregirl: It's 2013!!! My husband helps out in the kitchen, it's not a big deal!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by SORTER: 3:47am On Jan 26, 2013
Being Sick/ill is an Exemption...A Man's Job is to provide for D family and not doing some dirty Dishes...
omega25red: your household is your house hold you live your life the way you see fit.

ponder this: what if your wife is very sick and you have children? will you kick her out of her sick bed to cook for you because you gave money for food? Also seeing as women have free will, what if she refused to cook for you because she was mad at you or because she was tired?

just wondering if you would starve.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by SORTER: 3:49am On Jan 26, 2013
1000 Likes!...
FREEMINDZ: If any of my frd does this...iwill disown him ;DIf
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Fhemmmy: 3:50am On Jan 26, 2013
SORTER: Being Sick/ill is an Exemption...A Man's Job is to provide for D family and not doing some dirty Dishes...

So is the woman allowed to be asking you for money to buy underwear and would you ask her what she wanna do with money if she ask you for money?
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by SORTER: 3:55am On Jan 26, 2013
îE U kidding?...After been held in hold up for more than 3 hours
sexkillz: No big deal. Pride has always been the problem with men. What is wrong in helping out the woman you love with all your heart?

Smh.

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by SORTER: 4:03am On Jan 26, 2013
Guy!You just revealed to all NLDERS....that your Wife provides The Money and U do D chores including washing of Panties.....Ur Mama must be proud tongue grin
chiover: Us men have big prob, why won't I cook for my wife? I am saying it loud and clear I can wash my wife's pant and it wont mek me a poor man. Op pls have a rethink though is obvious women are ingrates but we are under obligation to love and pamper them.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DeGrace01(m): 4:16am On Jan 26, 2013
African mentality, our forfathers understanding of marriage that is taking us to nowhere.I will not only help my baby in the kitchen but will equally cook for my beloved family, they are all l got. besides i love my wife so much and can do anytning to make her happy and feel loved.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DOULUVME: 4:20am On Jan 26, 2013
[size=46pt]y'all should check out this thread. you'd be glad you did. cheesy[/size]https://www.nairaland.com/1175370/omg-omg-omg-omg-omg
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by busybee24: 5:09am On Jan 26, 2013
Why is it that idiots still abound?
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Lexoria: 5:11am On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=Lagos_Boi]lazy azz guy that lacks home training will push all the house chores and cooking to the wife claiming he is the man, man my foot.

I help my wife in the kitchen

my wife; baby can you pls get me onions from the store??

me; here is it, should i slice it for you?

my wife; yes baby, thanks , that's why i love you.

I enjoy doing it because am a good cooking my self, during preg. she doesn't go near the kitchen, she will throw up, I do all the cook during and after pregnancy.

It's not strange to me, I go to market and cook for the family when with my mom and siblings, I continued as a bachelor and i can't help but continue doing it.

We wash our cloths together, i clean the dishes mostly when i get home first, i prepare something for my family to eat before they get home. I can't imagine a guy claiming to be African man because of cooking, There is no excuse for that, he is just been lazy or lacks home traning before getting married and i bet you most ladies dislike such men.[/quo

bros abeg come chop knuckle!!You be correct guy.

I almost thought it was my hubby.
He even comes to ask me how he can help and most of the time he doesn't let me wash meat cos I could spend an hour picking of any fat or irritating things on it because I can't eat the meat knowing they were on it.Infact everybody that knows this about me never lets me wash meat cos its llike a phobia.I'm very sure all these guys screaming hell no and african man this and that do help their wife in the kitchen,they are just forming cos WHY NOTin 2013Puhlease...

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Lexoria: 5:15am On Jan 26, 2013
iykemanchi:
Dude! Ur case na psycho mental remix

and your case?Psycho discombulated remix??
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Lexoria: 5:40am On Jan 26, 2013
birdman: Im a very good cok so I wouldnt mind helping iut. But good cooks hate it when you interfere with their cooking

I hear you, but there is more to a marriage than being best friends and lovers. While good cooks like occasional help, they generally do not like others interfering and roaming about the kitchen while they are trying to prepare stuff. So while I have no problems cleaning up or cooking (I'm a pretty good cook), I would be suspicious of a woman that lets the husband take majority control of the kitchen. The person who feeds the house is the nurturer and usually closer to the kids, and I don't see how any mature woman would cede that role to the husband, considering he didn't carry any of the kids for 9 months.

Abegi,which kind cede the role to the husband.Every woman wants and loves when the kids are close to their father her husband.My hubby loves feeding his girls,mind u they are 4 and 5+ but he prefers to feed them than for them to eat by themselves.He calls it bonding time!And u'll hear them arguing over who will eat with daddy.So pls don't decide for the womenfolks what they like or do no like or what they can/cannot do. Or if feeding the family makes them matured.By the way,its not possible for a woman to leave everyday cookin for her hubby to do unless she's incapacitated.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by lastpage: 5:41am On Jan 26, 2013
This question is getting boring!
Its a No-Brainer!

The Husband cooking (or helping) in the kitchen does not even merit mentioning (as long as the woman does not take it for granted and START DEMANDING IT)

I dont even think it has anything to do with "LOVE" nor does it have anything to do with being "AFRICAN", l am one myself!.

It is just being responsible.

When you do what is right, without anyone demanding or prompting you to do so, it is called BEING RESPONSIBLE!

The danger is when your wife starts seeing it as her "woman right" to DEMAND that you cook at certain times, as defined by her!

I think this is where the "African Thingy" will come in. We dont like women bossing us around, Period!

Whether my wife is around or not, sick or able, l will cook when l feel like doing so ......and l do it quite a few times.
More importantly, there are times my children "request" that l cook for them (aaah, those scoundrels and bloody rascals that l sired! kiss kiss ), l just go on and cook for them.
We even have a food 'we' christened "Daddy's Special" ..... On "special request", l make it for them, NO BIG DEAL!

I cant repeat it too often, it is good for a man to know how to cook, to cook once in a while, to let your kids see you cook (dont burn the house down please!)
and to teach everyone of your children (male and female), how to cook food.

But NEVER must your Wife DEMAND that you cook, NEVER! That is the day it will end!
Walahi! angry angry angry

Big-Ups to the "real men" who can cook! wink wink kiss

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by obi2012: 5:50am On Jan 26, 2013
I cook for my mrs and i help her clean too.... she is my partner not a slave.. una sef and this cave man mentality

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by lastpage: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2013
Baby mama: Table leg,yomieluv,mr knowitall, davidylan, akatonero,tattoo boy ,Chiover,sexkillz ,it is obvious you folks had a great upbringing.
Where a man knows his manhood is still intact when he cooks or does other chores at home.

Babysitting
Cooking
Doing dishes
Laundry
Vacuuming

Even if it's just one of the above,your wife will appreciate it
I hear the bolded destroys spe.rmm or limit its production! true dat?
Can we reserve that till l am done with my "child-manufacturing" business?
That will even be good in-lieu of any family planning Pills! grin grin

Kai, Walahi, l dey come!

Lastpage!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Lexoria: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2013
SORTER: Guy!You just revealed to all NLDERS....that your Wife provides The Money and U do D chores including washing of Panties.....Ur Mama must be proud tongue grin

yeah,his momma would be proud and YOU will be proud of ya mama who'd slap or tell ur wife to kneel down.I wonder who's d real man.smh

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by lastpage: 6:01am On Jan 26, 2013
Let me put the QUESTION: What would you do, if "Your Wife Demands that you cook"?

Simple question, simple answer, abegii!

Lastpage!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by HIV1: 6:05am On Jan 26, 2013
To me it is an abomination for a man to help in the kitchen except when the lady is sick or heavily pregnant. grin Most men nowadays will say no big deal because some are trying to copy oyibo, believe me na inferiority complex dey worry them
grin . Most others are feeding from women's take home shocked hence they got to obey their oga (their women).As for I am an African man, emi ni omo ara iraye nibi owo gbe nso, omo onisokoto tapa ole o ka, omo gugu rere ninu sile ..... no evil any woman fashioned against me shall prosper, my wife cook for me I won eat. angry
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by masterpiecer(m): 6:15am On Jan 26, 2013
A very large number of naija guys r so unromantic, cooking for your wife should be one of the most romantic things a man should do sometimes for his wife, as for me, i will like to show off my cooking skills to my wife, if anybody like make e dietongue

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by resocorp: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2013
♍y girlfriend chases ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ out of the kitchen because we have different opinions on cooking, so we'll likely quarrel, απϑ I'll still be d one to beg, so most times I stay at the door of the kitchen.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by owellestino: 6:31am On Jan 26, 2013
He'§ A̶̲̥̅[color=#000099][/color] ;DG☺☺d man
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by lolaluv1(f): 6:32am On Jan 26, 2013
Thank God every leg can find its shoe-size. To each their own.

The average African-man is sexist and feels less of a man by helping their wife. But what do you say about a society when a man only feels like a man by denigrating the other gender?

My dad sometimes cooks what he calls his special stew, even though my mum and I are excellent cooks. And he never had to remind any of us kids he was our father. We knew it already because he has NEVER slacked in his responsibilities and cooking his special stew didn't mean less respect.

He has also NEVER left my mum and I to pound without calling out my brothers.

My brothers are even always asking me for recipes because they don't eat out in school. They know how to cook up a storm in the kitchen and it's for their own benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by obi2012: 6:55am On Jan 26, 2013
keep it up with your unromantic self.. soon someone go dey help you service your wife... women are like eggs, they respond to affection and attention.. ok and money.. grin but still if she is missing any of those and someone outside shows her any of those, she go dey play outside match o....

HIV1: To me it is an abomination for a man to help in the kitchen except when the lady is sick or heavily pregnant. grin Most men nowadays will say no big deal because some are trying to copy oyibo, believe me na inferiority complex dey worry them
grin . Most others are feeding from women's take home shocked hence they got to obey their oga (their women).As for I am an African man, emi ni omo ara iraye nibi owo gbe nso, omo onisokoto tapa ole o ka, omo gugu rere ninu sile ..... no evil any woman fashioned against me shall prosper, my wife cook for me I won eat. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Laddies Pls And Pls Do Not Sit This Way If You Are Not Putting On Paties / Caught My Husband With His Mistress In Our Room / Ladies: Your Ideal Height For A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.