Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? (17221 Views)

Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / Serial Bride:woman Marries Three Husbands In Three Years: Two Were Pastors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by freecocoa(f): 9:43am On Jan 26, 2013
What kind of username is "hehehedotcom"?

What will I not see on NL? grin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2013
hehehedotcom: i blame GEJ for this attitude of men not always want to responsibilities in the kitchen.
OMG! grin grin grin I blame him either for over-empowering our women to be asking men to be their house boys in the name of being romanticsssgrin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by touchmeder: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2013
He tries God bless his soul. He comes in when i am cooking picks a piece of fish or meat, helps with small stuff like frying plantain, egg, and even washing plate sometimes. He lived with some foreign student at a time so even learnt how to make a good curry and taught me while i watched. He has still not surprised me with the breakfast in bed stuff cheesy cheesy grin but is a good man i have been blessed.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by adexsimply(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=hehehedotcoi blame GEJ for this attitude of
men not always want to responsibilities in the kitchen.[/quote]
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:49am On Jan 26, 2013
Julieccentric:

Dear Father, Please give me a husband like this sweet guy! You know my hear desires..You said I should ask and you would give to me. There are lots of archaic thinking traditional African guys out there..please don't let them cross my path for marriage..Thank you Jesus!
Amen!!!!

Gal, na fasting remain o! Make we start 2moro? grin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by adexsimply(m): 9:51am On Jan 26, 2013
omowaleola:

Real african man abi. Kudos to u. 4 yo mind u don talk sense.
The real african man shud love his wife and help her out when she is in need. R u sayn dt if she's ill u won't help her out. Do u mean 2 say u cnt make a meal to save ur life.u shud be ashamed. The world will be a better place without men like u. I suggest u change ur attitude n beg ur wife to teach u how to cook.
IYAWO..abeg take am easy o ..no vex
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:51am On Jan 26, 2013
DailyNews: OMG! grin grin grin I blame him either for over-empowering our women to be asking men to be their house boys in the name of being romanticsssgrin
Oh shut it! Hitler in d making Oshi! Helping out in d kitchen automatically mean d guy na houseboy? Ur brain dey touch?

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Oh shut it! Hitler in d making Oshi! Helping out in d kitchen automatically mean d guy na houseboy? Ur brain dey touch?
grin grin runs n finds here>>> «mustard point»
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by funkymedina: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Is it n abomination for a woman to contribute financially?? If she does u better move ur ass to the kitchen ..cant eat ur cake n have it

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2013
funky medina: Is it n abomination for a woman to contribute financially?? If she does u better move ur ass to the kitchen ..cant eat ur cake n have it
I blame Queen Elizabeth for all these women campaigngrin runs into hiding
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Amen!!!!

Gal, na fasting remain o! Make we start 2moro? grin

Lol...d matter reach fasting n prayer oo..Oya!!! Wa gbadua..Wa p'oruko Jesu tohhh le meta!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by HIV1: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2013
Tell Obama , David Cameron and all other leaders of the western world that I Onisokoto am fed up with all these pop-nosing in the affairs of we Africans. All their negative imports have had so much effect on my people that demaning us means adding insult to our already injury and might result in war. grin
Fela sang the song Lady long long ago. I wish he were around today. Women cook good soup for your husband and your husband will be more romantic by staying more at home and have enough energy to do acrobatic somersault grin with you on bed .
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by yme1(f): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2013
I dont see any wrong in that
It is not going to be an everyday thing or him doing the cooking fulltime
Somehow it helps build the relationship and create a strong bond between the couple
Even if he doesn't know how to cook, just being around in the kitchen, adding more water to yam, gisting, is enough to make a woman happy cheesy
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 26, 2013
y me: I dont see any wrong in that
It is not going to be an everyday thing or him doing the cooking fulltime
Somehow it helps build the relationship and create a strong bond between the couple
Even if he doesn't know how to cook, just being around in the kitchen, adding more water to yam, gisting, is enough to make a woman happy cheesy
if its this, believe me most men do it, but what ur sisters are asking for is a full time houseboy who cooks, cleans, dishes out and answers darling, u are romantic, I rough u, not for me not for my abokisgrin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by onnairaland(f): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2013
I love it wen my hubby assiSt me in d kitchen even if he is not doing anything but only chatting with me. Who doesn't wnt dat? Even if u won't help, u can just stay by her while she does d cooking, not all d time, atleast once in a while. It can really b fun.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by LesbianBoy(m): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2013
SMH@the guys in here saying there is nothing wrong in helping out in kitchen! Am sure in their mind they are not 'archaic' and are 'modern day men' not knowing this VERY LAZY girls are 'using' their heads! I don't blame these LAZY girls i blame their mothers for allowing them watch Africa Magic everday while she was busying in the kitchen! Becos, if she was always calling them to the kitchen often to come and learn, it would have become part of them by now and they won't be telling men to ''come to kitchen and help out''! Btw Some of the ladies in here are saying ''its 2013''......if its like that then why are Ladies not proposing to we guys as much as we propose to them? shebi ''its 2013''....why are they not asking us out as often as we guys do and go ahead to pay for dates more often as we guys do? shebi ''its 2013'' why don't they pay for everything in the house even if the man has a well-paying job? shebi ''its 2013'' why are we guys paying 'bride price' why don't ladies come pay our 'Groom Price'? shebi ''its 2013''........NANSENSE *spits* GUYS USE YOUR HEADS AND STOP BEING A MUMU! Listen, if you tell ladies to make the first 'move' with a guy they like. They would say ''ahn ahn, it is a man's 'job' to ask her out or make the first move!'' who made it a man's job bikonu? You see......But we do these things becos this is the way we met it! So you LAZY girls in here should SHARRAP and stop complaining and do all the work in the kitchen becos that is how it has always been! Don't come and change things LAZY GIRLS! grin grin grin grin grin Anyways sha, when i get married i intend taking a chieftancy title. I can't imagine a chief like me then entering kitchen and pounding yam or washing plates and pots all in the name of being romantic.....thats an ABOMINATION as far as am concerned! Mstsheeewww........Nothing person no go see for this Nairaland!.....RUBBISH! *spits*

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by 2sexy(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2013
Why are guys against helping out in the kitchen. There's nothing wrong in it and I see no reason why I shouldnt help my wife in kitchen.

I used to be in kitchen to assist my mum in case she needs anything and we often talk a lot.

BUT I would let her know that she must not abuse the privilege because women are something else... There's nothing wrong as long as my wife does respect the act.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2013
LesbianBoy: SMH@the guys in here saying there is nothing wrong in helping out in kitchen! Am sure in their mind they are not 'archaic' and are 'modern day men' not knowing this VERY LAZY girls are 'using' their heads! I don't blame these LAZY girls i blame their mothers for allowing them watch Africa Magic everday while she was busying in the kitchen! Becos, if she was always calling them to the kitchen often to come and learn, it would have become part of them by now and they won't be telling men to ''come to kitchen and help out''! Btw Some of the ladies in here are saying ''its 2013''......if its like that then why are Ladies not proposing to we guys as much as we propose to them? shebi ''its 2013''....why are they not asking us out as often as we guys do and go ahead to pay for dates more often as we guys do? shebi ''its 2013'' why don't they pay for everything in the house even if the man has a well-paying job? shebi ''its 2013'' why are we guys paying 'bride price' why don't ladies come pay our 'Groom Price'? shebi ''its 2013''........NANSENSE *spits* GUYS USE YOUR HEADS AND STOP BEING A MUMU! Listen, if you tell ladies to make the first 'move' with a guy they like.
They would say ''ahn ahn, it is a man's 'job' to ask her out or make the first move!'' who made it a man's job bikonu? You see......But we do these things becos this is the way we met it! So you LAZY girls in here should SHARRAP and stop complaining and do all the work in the kitchen becos that is how it has always been! Don't come and change things LAZY GIRLS! grin grin grin grin grin Anyways sha, when i get married i intend taking a chieftancy title. I can't imagine a chief like me then entering kitchen and
pounding yam or washing plates and pots all in the name of being romantic.....thats an ABOMINATION as far as am concerned! Mstsheeewww........Nothing person no go see for this Nairaland!.....RUBBISH! *spits*

Your comments are always really immature and childish..Learn from the happily married ones on this thread and reduce your trashy thinking!

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by P4VS20: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2013
onnairaland: I love it wen my hubby assiSt me in d kitchen even if he is not doing anything but only chatting with me. Who doesn't wnt dat? Even if u won't help, u can just stay by her while she does d cooking, not all d time, atleast once in a while. It can really b fun.

help me tell em oh. it is fun cooking with a gf, talkless of a wife.

am a guy, i COOK and the reason why i learnt is 1. so i dont starve. lol 2. so that one gurl wont mix jazz for me. lol 3. mainly cos i wanna cook with my wife in the kitchen.

i dont support lazy ass chauvinistic men who think their wives re kitchen slaves. she's your partner, i believe in atleast keeping her company or dicing all the dice-ables and watch her mix it up n cook it, could cook her in the process if time permit self. grin grin grin

but if she wan lazy up cos i dey cook. mhen thats where we gonna have issues. lol.

one thing i know is i would atleast cook for my family twice a week, relief her of the stress of keeping a home, thats my own way of saying i honor n appreciate her as my wife.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 26, 2013
Julie, leave lesbianboy, he is being realistic and pouring out his mind. Don't fooled by some of these guys saying they will do this n that, some of them even fight their sisters at home for not serving them food after cooking to talk of helping their wives, na today grin

Julie, y don't u ask guys out? Y do u shy away from asking a guy u admire out boldly like guys do? U will say its not African culture or its not normal in our society for a lady to ask a guy out or for a lady to propose to a guy for marriage, so y do we want to turn the table in the kitchen department now just to suit the females?

See, nature made things easy for humans, but we created most of our problems.

Nature made it that a man should provide for his family financially, security wise, etc while the wife keeps the home, and things had been so cool until Americans brought their feminism and gender-equality wahala that's now destroying marriage institutions, societal norms and values world over.

Too bad our African nations are so gullible to be buying into the American/European stinking morals, now they are gradually exporting it to Middle East, Asia, and watch out how divorce, single mothers rate and population will increase in those regions soon as we now witness in Nigeria in the name of living the modern lifestyle.

In Nigeria of today, women wearing half-covered clothes are now celebrated and seen as hot, sexy, trendy, whatever chicks, when it is supposed to be an eyesore to the society.

Also in Nigeria of today, single mothers are celebrated and even encouraged indirectly by our latest modern lifestyle and culture and we are smiling that all is well.

Now tell me why single guys of today would want to marry? That after marriage, a man will still be struggling to feed himself like he did when he was single? That a man will marry and his wife won't respect him? That a man must have this n that kitchen skills before he can be seen as romantic and loving husband? Pls where is our Nigeria marriage culture and pride? Are these the outcome of un-censored NOLLYWOOD movies our sisters and daughters now make their daily devotion? Nigeria is in a deep mess seriously

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2013
onnairaland: I love it wen my hubby assiSt me in d kitchen even if he is not doing anything but only chatting with me. Who doesn't wnt dat? Even if u won't help, u can just stay by her while she does d cooking, not all d time, atleast once in a while. It can really b fun.
your own reasoning on this is okay, not expecting the man to be cooking, washing and serving always to answer romantic husband, that's totally absurd, ladies refrain from such thinking pls. Let it not be ur paramount goal- to find a man that cooks, so that he will be helping u to cook. Are u looking for a man of integrity or a tomboy? Be careful of what u ask and wish for in life cos u might end up hating ur wish when u get it as demandedgrin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DigitalSignal(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2013
If you love her you can do it at your own will! This is the extra length you go to make her happy!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2013
DigitalSignal: If you love her you can do it at your own will!
that's shud be the reality, tnk u
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by cowgurl: 11:34am On Jan 26, 2013
[quote

author=yertyr] Sincerely, I wudn't provide money 4 food and still
help
in preparing d dish... Neva!!!
Please don't tell me it's love
abeg...
Husband aiding wife in the kitchen. What do you think?[/quote] 'v gat
just few words for you and your ilk, Grow the Fu-ck Up, that should help.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by HIV1: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2013
Abeg all you lazy guys wey dey cook and ladies wey wan their husbands cook meshonu.Can you Imagine Banbagida, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ajumobi , Fashola , Dangote or Mike Adenuga cooking food for their wifes. The fact that you don't make it big in life should not mean you should compromise you being a man. Also ladies should stop looking down on their men by asking for rubbish jobs angry Nonsence lipsrsealed
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Edomo(f): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2013
LesbianBoy: Any man who help out in the kitchen when his wife is perfectly ok is a BIG MUGU and deserves to be FLOGGED FOR BEING A DISGRACE TO MANHOOD!
Big mumu like you.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by P4VS20: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2013
Edomo:
Big mumu like you.

i support
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by oyin50(f): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
dick hardener: The reality is over time, the woman begins to demand that initial gesture as an obligation by default.Did you know that most women subtly respects men with the capacity to put them under control albeit void of violence. This they will NEVER tell you. Stop being a sissy. Help when she's incapacitated, simple! any other trashy romantic servitude is garbage. I damn well love my principles.
u'r smart but mischievious
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DigitalSignal(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
HIV1: Abeg all you lazy guys wey dey cook and ladies wey wan their husbands cook meshonu.Can you Imagine Banbagida, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ajumobi , Fashola , Dangote or Mike Adenuga cooking food for their wifes. The fact that you don't make it big in life should not mean you should compromise you being a man. Also ladies should stop looking down on their men by asking for rubbish jobs angry Nonsence lipsrsealed
Lol. Have you seen the wives of any of those people you mentioned cooking? If president Goodluck loves his wife and she cooks, perhaps, one day, on his own volition, he might just walk into the kitchen and say ''Ha, you're cooking!'', putting his arms around her waist from behind and given her a peck, ''let me help you slice the onions''!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by DigitalSignal(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
HIV1: Abeg all you lazy guys wey dey cook and ladies wey wan their husbands cook meshonu.Can you Imagine Banbagida, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ajumobi , Fashola , Dangote or Mike Adenuga cooking food for their wifes. The fact that you don't make it big in life should not mean you should compromise you being a man. Also ladies should stop looking down on their men by asking for rubbish jobs angry Nonsence lipsrsealed
Lol. Have you seen the wives of any of those people you mentioned cooking? If president Goodluck loves his wife and she cooks, perhaps, one day, on his own volition, he might just walk into the kitchen and say ''Ha, you're cooking!'', putting his arms around her waist from behind and giving her a peck, ''let me help you slice the onions''! *Smiles*.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by temitemi1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Let's change dis our African mentality. There's no big deal in doing dis 4 d person u love
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by jidemojola(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
No big deal,I cook for my family once in a while.She is my partner not my cook.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Caught My Husband With His Mistress In Our Room / Ladies: Your Ideal Height For A Man? / Laddies Pls And Pls Do Not Sit This Way If You Are Not Putting On Paties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.