Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! (13090 Views)

Jonathan Purchases Innoson Vehicles For Federal Road Safety Corps [Photo] / 40 Innoson Vehicles To Be Bought For 2016 Census - FEC / Buy Nigeria: Law Makers Approve Innoson Vehicles For Official Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by omosexy1: 8:23am On Jan 31, 2013
The CEO of Innoson should step aside and employ real business development managers that would take his auto company to the next level. At this point he should resign his position to become chairman. That is what the likes of Dangote, Cosmas Maduka, Femi Otedola are doing. If Innoson continues this way, he would end up becoming the local university student who built a vehicle and was proud about it. We know he wants the publicity and fame, that would come when his product begins to compete with the likes of Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc around the Africa continent. At that point, he doesn't need to lobby CNN or BBC, they would all be rushing to get an interview from him. Also to note his website is crap, hence serious buyers won't take him serious. Oh before I forget, Innoson has a good product but he doesn't have a business, he should create a business around his product.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Eziachi:
Its not patronage, can you imagine French govtal agencies using Toyota instead French made cars like Renault, Citreon? Or their president riding in BMW?

Can't Jonathan use one of this company cars as his official vehicle, including abroad, like in Switzerland last week. Can you imagine the amount of PR it will give to the company and Nigeria as a nation?
They will prefer the imported one where they will like inflate the price and so mago-mago with custom clearance. Tell me any world leader that use auto that wasn't made in his country if that country makes auto?

i adopt this post. i stated almost the same thing some time ago when MDAs were instructed to buy locally manufactured vehicles.

Demdem: Good initiative no doubt. i have always been advocating for this however i dont think it will work. I also dont think the retardeen is sincere.
The day i see him give up his fleet of presidential benz limousines/sedans of all kinds littering Aso grounds and replace them all to Innosuns and their kind, then i will take him serious.
he is the head, he should lead and woe betide anyone within government that does otherwise.

https://www.nairaland.com/1138749/fg-bans-foreign-cars-ministries/3
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by AjanleKoko: 8:33am On Jan 31, 2013
The government should give the guy some form of protection. After all, India did it, they banned importation of fully-built units for a long time, to allow the likes of Tata to grow. This was in the 60s, and 70s. Same for Brazil. No reason why that can't be done here.

I wonder why people are making supposed 'capitalist' statements on here. Most of you have never tried to produce anything in your lives, so i understand.
Here's some reading material to get more informed:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/43758/2012/12/30/how_policy_inconsistencies_reduced_capacity_utilisation_automobile_industry.html

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-06-14/news/32235804_1_ban-import-second-hand-machinery-import-duty

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by jendoslim(m): 8:37am On Jan 31, 2013
The CEO of Innoson should step aside and employ real business development managers that would take his auto company to the next level. At this point he should resign his position to become chairman. That is what the likes of Dangote, Cosmas Maduka, Femi Otedola are doing. If Innoson continues this way, he would end up become a the local university student who built a vehicle and was proud about it. We know he wants the publicity and fame, that would come when his product begins to compete with the likes of Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc around the Africa continent. At that point, he doesn't need to lobbying CNN or BBC, they would all be rushing to get an interview from him. Also to note his website is crap, hence serious buyers won't take him serious. Oh before I forget, Innoson has a good product but he doesn't have a business, he should create a business around his product.
u are sure on point in this one.... i think what the ceo needs now at the onset of his auto business are business analysts and managers who can catapult this idustry to the envisaged height he desires...
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by jude33084(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Quite sad really.

Hausa and Yoruba will not allow it to grow meanwhile they cant even produce a bolt undecided

Not until we remove this regional stuff things will continue to go backward angry
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Demdem(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2013
jude33084:

Hausa and Yoruba will not allow it to grow meanwhile they cant even produce a bolt undecided

Please stop being foolish. haba. angry

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by AjanleKoko: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2013
jendoslim: The CEO of Innoson should step aside and employ real business development managers that would take his auto company to the next level. At this point he should resign his position to become chairman. That is what the likes of Dangote, Cosmas Maduka, Femi Otedola are doing. If Innoson continues this way, he would end up become a the local university student who built a vehicle and was proud about it. We know he wants the publicity and fame, that would come when his product begins to compete with the likes of Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc around the Africa continent. At that point, he doesn't need to lobbying CNN or BBC, they would all be rushing to get an interview from him. Also to note his website is crap, hence serious buyers won't take him serious. Oh before I forget, Innoson has a good product but he doesn't have a business, he should create a business around his product.
u are sure on point in this one.... i think what the ceo needs now at the onset of his auto business are business analysts and managers who can catapult this idustry to the envisaged height he desires...

Business analysts like you abi cheesy cheesy

Pls don't let me choke on my morning salad jare cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by jude33084(m): 8:44am On Jan 31, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Business analysts like you abi cheesy cheesy

Pls don't let me choke on my morning salad jare cheesy cheesy cheesy

You mean akpu and egusi soup tongue
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by jude33084(m): 8:47am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Please stop being foolish. haba. angry

foolish ke? I am from the West bro and I know what Nepotism and Tribalism has caused in this nation of ours wink

I have used the car and I know what it means not to patronize the company. My uncle wrote them about resonance after a year and six months; what ever that means. I believe there is always a room for improvement smiley
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by AjanleKoko: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2013
Nigerians sha.
We can spend N6m to import a tokunbo range rover, rather than purchase a brand new Kia Sportage for N4m embarassed
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by omosexy1: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2013
AjanleKoko: The government should give the guy some form of protection. After all, India did it, they banned importation of fully-built units for a long time, to allow the likes of Tata to grow. This was in the 60s, and 70s. Same for Brazil. No reason why that can't be done here.

I wonder why people are making supposed 'capitalist' statements on here. Most of you have never tried to produce anything in your lives, so i understand.
Here's some reading material to get more informed:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/43758/2012/12/30/how_policy_inconsistencies_reduced_capacity_utilisation_automobile_industry.html

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-06-14/news/32235804_1_ban-import-second-hand-machinery-import-duty

This should never be implemented by the government. People will kick against it. I would too. Because you do not impose a product on me just like that. The market is very wide and still young. If that is his strategy, Innoson should kiss his auto company goodbye. I won't be surprised, if Toyota rush down to set up a plant in Nigeria just because of the ban and what's going to happen? Innoson should create a business around his product and stop dancing with government officials.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by AjanleKoko: 9:00am On Jan 31, 2013
omosexy1:

This should never be implemented by the government. People will kick against it. I would too. Because you do not impose a product on me just like that. The market is very wide and still young. If that is his strategy, Innoson should kiss his auto company goodbye. I won't be surprised, if Toyota rush down to set up a plant in Nigeria just because of the ban and what's going to happen? Innoson should create a business around his product and stop dancing with government officials.

No comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by jude33084(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2013
omosexy1:

contrary to your view, I believe that the government can help,even the military can also come in. We are talking about an auto company here that some country protect like life itself. This industry cut across all levels of the economy.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 9:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Which of the vehicles is 1.7million... undecided
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2013
Very soon, this guy will chase Toyota out of Nigeria. At least, in the transportation segment.

Many transporters are using Innoson made Midi and Mini buses. I so love their coaster sized bus(midi).
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by OmoTier1(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2013
Abeg how much will it cost innoson to buy ads from Seun? Or does INNOSON not realise that Seun now has over 1,000000 handles and 750,000 mumu of Nairaland? angry

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by optimusprime2(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2013
Dear Mr Chukwuma Director of Innosons,
Do you have any Idea that there are other Countries out there, that would benefit from your automotive innovation?
Did you know if you setup shop in Jamaica for example, it would be a two way thing;
1-Business would favor you: You'd sell
2-Your products would favor them: They'd buy
plus you'd be boosting Innosons motors as an international Recognized independent Brand?
If market no move for house, then try comot naw, haba?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state govt ever patronised Innoson?

What incentive and attractive offer has Innoson put forward?
As a private business He needs to get creative marketing strategies to attract customers and then keep them, even if it means losing a few naira here and there. The idea is to attract patronage, once people realize that his vehicles are no different from the Japanese, Korean etc and yet cheaper, they wont need to be told to patronize him.

#Just Saying.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Very SENSELESS comment. How many vehicles have Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia, Anambra, Imo, Cross-River, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo State Govts bought from them??

How many vehicles have the PDP-led Federal Government headed by Gooodluck Agbaya Jonathan purchased from the company..??

Yet all ur pin-sized brain can think of is Lagos and Yoruba people..

Your senslessness is appalling...

All the Sure-P buses running in Abia were ordered from Innoson. Abia state government also ordered 17 midi(coaster sized) buses from Innoson each for 17 local governments in the state. So talk of your own state.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 31, 2013
Abrantie:

If he ends up re-locating to Ghana, we'll have our Engineers (who are all trained in Japan and Germany) re-design the vehicles from scratch.

Our engineers, hehehe. Nah you go sponsor them. Abeg stop childish talk.

Again, Innoson cannot leave Nigeria. What is Ghana's population ?
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by 4chi: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2013
Shut the he.ll up Mr Innoson, your vehicles are apparently not good enough or patently overpriced.your company is a private venture and like all such ventures,you should go back to school and learn basic management skills needed to project your company and products and stop all these typical whining and crybaby mentality.... All these traders sef!!
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 9:46am On Jan 31, 2013
Abrantie:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!.....

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Why would a country full of smart people like Ghana buy such cheap Chinko-Naija crap!?

Go and hug transformer... grin grin grin
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2013
I DONT THINK INNOSON IS UNDER-PATRONISED, THE SE AND FG ARE PATRONISING D COMPANY( THE BUSES AND THE PREPAID METER MATERIALS). NOW I JUST LEARNT THEY ARE EXPORTING THEIR GOODS.
I FEEL THE GUY HAD THOUGHT THAT WHEN HE START PRODUCTIONS, IMPORTATION WILL STOP IMMEDIATELY. BUT HE SHOULD KNOW THOSE THINGS ARE USU GRADUAL, SHEBI THE VEHICLE ASPECT OF D INDUSTRY WAS COMMISSIONED JUST THE OTHER DAY. PERSONALLY, AM PROUD OF HIM. I Like ppl that make impact,is not as if he was that educated, connected or formerly affluent.
But again, ethnic sentiments cant be ruled out. I know many things that were monopolised in favour of Dangote for eg in the OBJ admnistration(not to say dey share same tribe but am sure innoson wouldnt have benefitted from him based on tribalism) .
So, innoson.........It shall be well
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Desoda: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2013
The guy's got real talent but lacks business strategy. That reminds me of one of bill gates books titled "business at the speed of thoughts". If you prove ur product trusted, reliable and affordable customers will die for the product. Must he wait for government to buy his whole store. There's low patronage cos he's not strategizing well enough.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 10:03am On Jan 31, 2013
onatisi:
i dont think they are willing to part with comission

I think it's rather that they have concentrated too much on their government connection and the technical side of the business rather than the Publicity, Promotion, Marketing etc. Also they need to spend money to employ sound and experienced MBA Holders/Business strategists/consultants/Harvard Business School graduates and their likes to help move the "Business" side of the business.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 31, 2013
demmy:

Their vehicles are very very expensive. Only government can afford to buy them hence they are not marketing to Nigerians directly. IVM is a great effort but execution is poor. If they want to survive, they'll have to make their products affordable to the Nigerian masses and offset the loss by selling more cars to more people. Millions of Nigerians still dream of owning a car and I see no reason why they won't buy an IVM if its affordable.

What is your definition of very very costly? An egg is costly for N50 each but cheap for N25 each.

Compare the price of thier hummer bus with that of Toyota let us understand what you mean by costly.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Funjay(m): 10:04am On Jan 31, 2013
lets leave ethnic sentiments abeg. We no dey try at all for 9ija.
This is typical of most of our 1 man businesses and this factor also account for their demise. It is only in 9ija that sum1 want to be Chairman, CEO, Founder, M.D. Business development manager, head of H.R, Director of mktg etc.

I dare everyone on this platform to take a survey just on ur street and ask of Innoson (i had to check the title of this post to get the name, imagine)from 10 people and come bak here to give us feedback if most of them dont think its 1 ibo guy around the corner instead of automobile.

The simple truth is that this company is not known. How can i buy a product i dont know exist? Typical greedy Nigerians want all profits and commission for themselves and we wil come bak here blaming tribal sentiments. How come adverts for this cars are not seen on papers, T.Vs and even DSTV, CNN, yes if possible, why not?.

Everyday u flip thru newspapers, u see advert for Toyota, Kia, Honda, BMWs etc, hw come this is the 2nd time am hearing of this coy through nairaland?
How many Nigerians dt are members of Nairaland even check the forum on a regular basis?

This man has a gud product, am amased by the pics that am seeing from this post, what is left now is gud packaging and promotions and not relying on govt patronage only. It must also be stressed that our govt needs to do more. Currently, their is a circular am aware of, since it affects us in our organisation that all govt parastatals and agencies should patronise locally assemble products, this has made us to reluctantly patronise Peugeout contrary to our choice. We are not even aware of Innoson.

Bottom line, we nid more publicity on this product, we nid to see the advert on DSTV when we are watching Madrid vs Barca or Man u Vs Chelsea. We nid to see this product on CNN lik i see Kia daily (1 average product that has gained ground due to proper packaging, advert and dealership schemes). We nid d advert on our local T.V, radio and print media. He nids to have dealership in all 36 states, make offers to all state and L.G for patronage. Needs to employ youths even at university level to help promote orally. There is need to offer gud finance options for young executives to stimulate sales. Imagine giving bankers and govt workers opportunity to drive home a N1.7M car with gud repayment plans over 3/4yrs? He nids to have ambasadors among our football and music stars, just imagine Tuface or Whiskid in dis car, other stars and their fans wil gladly want to belong.

We nid gud advert abeggy, dose kind of adverts MTN gives us dt whaowed us, advert that will make u believe that with Innoson, you can ride from 9ija to Hong Kong in style.

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by PHIPEX(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2013
Gradually Innoson is getting there, some months ago the debate was on whether it's manufactured or assembled, later it moved to a matter of its safety measures. Thank God it's now about marketing and am sure that after this season the next issue will be if it's right for the govt to make Innoson it's official car.

Innoson needs to work on his publicity no doubt but show me any car maker in the world that did not benefit from government policies and patronage when it started and I will show you an Auto maker that has gone into liquidation.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Chartey(m): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2013
There are ghanaian brands already like Jospong and the Zoomlion trucks. But i think IVM is a little ahead.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by AjanleKoko: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2013
AB-Jay:

Also they need to spend money to employ sound and experienced MBA Holders/Business strategists/consultants/Harvard Business School graduates and their likes to help move the "Business" side of the business.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Boys dey find work? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by mu2sa2: 10:15am On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state govt ever patronised Innoson?
Corruption is blind to ethnic sentiments. Govt agencies prefer where they can inflate the actual price and make big money for themselves.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by JENMAUCY(f): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2013
Abrantie:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!.....

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Why would a country full of smart people like Ghana buy such cheap Chinko-Naija crap!?

listen 2 your self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

100 Days After, Governor Douye Diri Yet To Form Cabinet / NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village / Okorocha Formally Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.