Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! (13062 Views)

Jonathan Purchases Innoson Vehicles For Federal Road Safety Corps [Photo] / 40 Innoson Vehicles To Be Bought For 2016 Census - FEC / Buy Nigeria: Law Makers Approve Innoson Vehicles For Official Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2013
Ikengawo: BUT the government isn't the end all be all of business. Innoson is unknown outside of Anambra and the internet.
They have done no real advertizing or branding.

Nigeria has the biggest movie industry in africa, and the movies constantly borrow cars. If innoson used this opportunity for product placement wisely, nobody would be making noise on whether or not they need the government because their vehicles will be seen all over the world. They can also lobby CNN, Al Jeezra and BBC to show their plant and the vehicles, or conduct auto shows. Something as simple as signing tonto dike to be your official brand ambassador makes nigerian papers in a heartbeat.

Innoson has been, so far, advertised abysmally.

America's motor industry didn't take off because of the government, it took off because of advertising and marketing.

On point bro.
Just like Kasapreko did with the movie "The Game" Top Ghana Stars Majid Mitchel, Van Vicker and co. drinking Alomo Bitters all through the movie in clubs, at home and bars..Now Alomo is like Ghanas Biggest Private sector export such that Nigerians now even pirate it.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Conquistador: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2013
Red-Light:
help me ask that m0ron o
Fuelish goat! instead of being grateful to Ghana for their great gesture,you r spewing crap as usual.do u know the lifeline 200 units will give 2 d company?be grateful 4 once,monkey azzhole
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2013
IVM products, the best 1.7m can buy. Proudly made in Nigeria, by Nigerian!
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Must government do everything in Nigeria these days? Did government buy 3million mobile lines from glo before it became a symbol of Nigeria's emerging greatness? Let INNOSON compete with other manufacturers in the continent. If His product is of good value for money, He will give the Asia giants a run for their money in Africa.

Well noted, but also, Innoson never ruled Nigeria for 8 years as a Military General to acquire endless wealth with which glo Challenged mtn and others.

Also you cannot compare telecom and and automobile manufacturing. They require different levels of capital. More over Glo did not do it over night. Plus they also had government backing and support.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 31, 2013
DonPedro 2:

We most understand that Innoson is still at its infant stage. The government have a big role to pay if this company is to survive. Check the history car manucaturing industries all over the world, especially the American car and how the government guide them geliously.

Advertising is highly capital intensive and I know Innoson most be trying to break-even especially competing with world class auto gaints and having relay on imported iron and still. No thanks to Ajaokuta and others.

Will I buy Innoson car if I have the money? Sentiments apart, my answer is no. Why because:

1. Safty should be of altmost concern. Yes it has got all the local certification but are this people highly experienced in that field to give such certification?

2. I sure want to study those that are using it for years to acertain how durable it is being a new auto in the market.

Really tired of typing. But I think government use of the cars for some years will realy boost our confident to patronise it and I pray Innoson automobile will live long after Owners death. unlike most Nigerian companies.

If transporters like ABC transport, Ekeson and The Young are making use of Innoson vehicles, then i believe they are good.

If you understand the grading of vehicles used in transportation, we wont be saying some things here about the quality of Innoson vehicles.

Why is it that a Mitsubishi L300 isnt used for long distance trips inspite of long years in production e.g. Lagos-kaduna, abuja-Lagos? Instead you see mainly Toyota Hiaces and hummer on those trips.
Innoson vehicles are sturdy enough and competing with Toyota hummer and Coaster on long distance trips. Its a plus for this company.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 31, 2013
When will nigerians end this their blaming game? We must learn to stop pushing blames for our failures.....else, we will continue to fail.

I can say for a fact that this company has no marketing strategy! I've never stumbled on its commercials on the tv or newspaper. I know most cars advertise on network news; NOT INNOSON! And you want to sell?
They can even sponsor the big budget nollywood movies....make them use their cars in the movies, make 'mentions of ivm' incorporated in the script, do product placements etc. So many business strategies they can employ! Its either this company is: stingy, doesn't want to sacrifice or just clueless!

the long and short is that IVM needs a proper media and marketing consultant/agency ASAP! and please stop pushing blames... Very typical

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2013
Conquistador: Fuelish goat! instead of being grateful to Ghana for their great gesture,you r spewing crap as usual.do u know the lifeline 200 units will give 2 d company?be grateful 4 once,monkey azzhole

And the Nigerian government has bought more than 1000 units. Abia state alone has bought about 50units. Abegi take this your ghanaian mentality away from here. Just one transporter like ABC can buy 500units of Innoson motors.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by vinuyon: 11:16am On Jan 31, 2013
All INNOSON needs is marketing, marketing and marketing.

Aggressive marketing will solve the issue of low patronage.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2013
vinuyon: All INNOSON needs is marketing, marketing and marketing.

they are not complaining of low patronage, they are complaining of low government patronage.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by graceng: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2013
Nigerians ,stop importing or we would ban and cease all your containers and they start producing, its another problem...AGGRESSIVE MARKETING IS THE WORD.Innoson you could start exporting to the African countries like your doing already or even farther than that. Then,maybe our government would start importing it back here wink,that's not funny,it's sad
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ABJay1: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Boys dey find work? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

grin Yeah you may be right...but it'll pay both parties...seriously.. angry
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Conquistador: 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
okpara ugo:

And the Nigerian government has bought more than 1000 units. Abia state alone has bought about 50units. Abegi take this your ghanaian mentality away from here. Just one transporter like ABC can buy 500units of Innoson motors.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp up, ewu. abia bought this,nigerian govt bought that. fuelish and typical nigerian. all you know is empty talk. so how come they are still lamenting lack of govt patronage? and what is abc waiting for to buy those 500 units? is there anywhere in the story that supports your claim about abia and nigerian govt buying those units? abi you are imagining things as usual with your kind? see what inhaling excessive generator fumes can cause! crap
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
Conquistador:

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp up, ewu. abia bought this,nigerian govt bought that. fuelish and typical nigerian. all you know is empty talk. so how come they are still lamenting lack of govt patronage? and what is abc waiting for to buy those 500 units? is there anywhere in the story that supports your claim about abia and nigerian govt buying those units? abi you are imagining things as usual with your kind? see what inhaling excessive generator fumes can cause! crap

but though, don't ghanaians get tired of repetitive sentence? This is the umpteenth time i'm reading that junk!

Incase you don't know, there are a thousand ways to privately generate electricity other than a generator set. I, for example use UPS. Nigerians even live in estates where uninterrupted power is provided.
And mind you, the national electricity isn't that bad, okay? Forget nairalanders/nigerians always hyping everything bad just like ghanaians hype any little good thing (like your stable electricity which is not even like that across ghana - deny it!)
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by OmoEziokwu: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
A classic example of how the government of Nigeria deceives itself when it talks about trying to attract investment in the country. The government is supposed to start from within, and develop it's own home-made industries. The next thing you will hear is that a government minister is off to a foreign country to try to attract foreign investors. Little wonder the rest of the world have stopped taking Nigeria as a serious country. You still have many of these types here on Nairaland who cry about Nigerians in the diaspora who don't come back to develop the country. Come back to do what? To be diminished by these same people who ask you to come back? Ha ha ha funny country ha ha ha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by pellegrini1989: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nightshift: The company must not rely on government patronage alone. A smart marketing strategy with juicy offers(e.g.longer financing period) to private users must be adopted . Hoping mainly for government patronage nearly killed ANAMCO.

of course he's nt totally depending on d FG. If only u knew dat d primary biz partner of a manufacturing company is d govt wit respect to d volume of production. Hw many private users buy a car in a day..hw many wld buy innoson, hw many will buy more dan one. Watch wat u say n dnt jst cum here n write cuz its easy to write. U get sense pass am na em u dey nairaland.com
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ethnic sentiments cannot be ruled out. For instance has the Lagos state govt ever patronised Innoson?

What has ethnicity got to do with this? Haba!!
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Durchmann(m): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
manny4life: After finance, it's marketing. No matter how goods your products are, if you don't market it well, it will not sell. What Innoson needs is a marking consulting company to prepare them well, but question remains, are they willing to part with commission?
I concur...
The guy suppose no say na marketing dey sell product. No be product dey sell imself. shocked
http:///3Lskl
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Highbros: they are not complaining of low patronage, they are complaining of low government patronage.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ektbear: 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
vinuyon: All INNOSON needs is marketing, marketing and marketing.

Will it?

Marketing alone is not what made me buy a Honda when I was looking for a car. Honda has a track record of reliability and safety, and also is pretty inexpensive relative to the alternatives.

If you build an attractive product, people will buy it. You won't be complaining of "low gov't patronage" unless there is something dodgy with what you are building.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Afam4eva(m): 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
ekt_bear:

Will it?

Marketing alone is not what made me buy a Honda when I was looking for a car. Honda has a track record of reliability and safety, and also is pretty inexpensive relative to the alternatives.

If you build an attractive product, people will buy it. You won't be complaining of "low gov't patronage" unless there is something dodgy with what you are building.
How did you know about Honda's reliability and track record if not through adverts either the conventional method or through word of mouth. People who have used Innoson has confirmed beyond any reasonable doubt that the quality is top notch. But it's not just about the quality of the product but if people don't get to know about the product, it's quality will remain a secret. That's where marketing and branding comes in.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ektbear: 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
I am are of Honda's reliability through word of mouth. Not through any focused advertising on their part.

They simply have a reputation for this.

Regarding their price relative to other options, you learn this when you start looking for a car.

If Innoson is selling a quality product at a good price, they won't need to pressure anyone into buying their vehicles.

Therefore, it seems very likely to me that either the quality or the price of their cars is unattractive.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Afam4eva(m): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
ekt_bear: I am are of Honda's reliability through word of mouth. Not through any focused advertising on their part.

They simply have a reputation for this.

Regarding their price relative to other options, you learn this when you start looking for a car.

If Innoson is selling a quality product at a good price, they won't need to pressure anyone into buying their vehicles.

Therefore, it seems very likely to me that either the quality or the price of their cars is unattractive.
How can you compare Honda that has been there for years with Innoson that is barely starting out. Whether directly or indirectly, you heard about Honda's feature through adverts. The people who told you about honda didn't just walk into a honda showroom to request for a honda. They must have heard about it through word of mouth too or focused advertising. That's what Innosson needs. They're just trying to build a brand and talking about reputation is taking it to far for now.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by albatross777(f): 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Eziachi:
Its not patronage, can you imagine French govtal agencies using Toyota instead French made cars like Renault, Citreon? Or their president riding in BMW?

Can't Jonathan use one of this company cars as his official vehicle, including abroad, like in Switzerland last week. Can you imagine the amount of PR it will give to the company and Nigeria as a nation?
They will prefer the imported one where they will like inflate the price and so mago-mago with custom clearance. Tell me any world leader that use auto that wasn't made in his country if that country makes auto?
Sir..North Korea utilizes Made in USA Cadillac.
Trust me it is a matter of taste,trust,safety,track record of reliability and class..IVM products looks good but its all chinese automobile being assembled in Nigeria...Competition is ultra keen in auto industry world-wide,thats why most auto makers like Peougeot,Alfa Romeo et-al pulled out of US market some would'nt even meet up with the specifications...
Goodluck to Innoson.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ektbear: 12:36am On Feb 01, 2013
Advertising doesn't help if your product isn't good.

And if your product is good, won't need much advertising to move it.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Afam4eva(m): 12:39am On Feb 01, 2013
ekt_bear: Advertising doesn't help if your product isn't good.

How will they know your product is good if you don't introduce it to them especially if you're new in the biz. Abi do people get to know through holy spirit visitation?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by ektbear: 12:57am On Feb 01, 2013
They presumably have some sort of customer base already, yes? If their product is good, won't existing owners recommend it to their friends/neighbors/colleagues also looking for cars?
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by manny4life(m): 1:09am On Feb 01, 2013
ekt_bear: Advertising doesn't help if your product isn't good.

I have to disagree with you bro, marketing is a very important aspect of business.

Adverting does help reach MAX potential consumers, it's one thing for a product to meet quality standards and it's another for the product to be marketed to reach its targeted consumers. Quality standard is important so to gain repeat business but targeting your consumers needs a media - radio, tv, online (Facebook, Google, etc).

Even if your product was wonderful, the market is only as good as what someone knows about it. Several hundreds of companies manufacture wonderful products, but unless they market their product through ads placement, if I see those products in stores, I'll look over and keep it moving.

You mentioned about your Honda, you will agree that Honda and Toyota spend so much on ad, even Toyota had to pull out the $40million ad from Facebook because it hadn't converted any sales. In a Honda ad for instance, they tell sweet stuff like how it's the best in its class, achieved a 4.0 National Highway Transport Rating, even they show the dummy inside the car with an accident and nothing . If all of these were done, how will you know a particular Honda model is good?

My point is, no matter how great a product may be, without proper advertising to the consumers, you're really not going anywhere. These is why companies from Pharmaceuticals, Automobile, Food and Drugs, Household, etc spend heavily on sorts of advertising.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 01, 2013
There are insinuations here that innoson brand cars are no good.

How did we reach this conclusion? Consumer complaints? Accidents?

Because low sales in many cases is not =low quality. Conversely high sales is not=high quality.

Else gangnam style would be in the ranks of the greatest musical compositions of all time cheesy.

But aren't any banks open to lending Innoson money for advertizing and that sort of thing? It could also be that there isn't enough capital to do so. What about private investors? Going public?

How open are banks to fledging and new business ideas in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by DisGuy: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
nnenna.1:
There are insinuations here that innoson brand cars are no good.

How did we reach this conclusion? Consumer complaints? Accidents?

Because low sales in many cases is not =low quality. Conversely high sales is not=high quality.

Else gangnam style would be in the ranks of the greatest musical compositions of all time cheesy.

But aren't any banks open to lending Innoson money for advertizing and that sort of thing? It could also be that there isn't enough capital to do so. What about private investors? Going public?

How open are banks to fledging and new business ideas in Nigeria?

oh please no

the next whinge will be some northerners/outsiders trying to take over his brainchild ...they were insinuations previously on that!!
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2013
Dis Guy:

oh please no

the next whinge will be some northerners/outsiders trying to take over his brainchild ...they were insinuations previously on that!!
if innocent thinks this way, his brand won't go anywhere! I don't expect anyone taking over IVM at this stage. It looks established. The guy just looks greedy and he doesn't want to make sacrifices. As a result, he's playing 'victim' card. Very typical of nigerians, blaming is their hobby. The earlier nigerians start to take responsibilities for both their failures and successes, the better.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Ikengawo: 9:49am On Feb 03, 2013
AB-Jay:

On point bro.
Just like Kasapreko did with the movie "The Game" Top Ghana Stars Majid Mitchel, Van Vicker and co. drinking Alomo Bitters all through the movie in clubs, at home and bars..Now Alomo is like Ghanas Biggest Private sector export such that Nigerians now even pirate it.
The movie Black BerryBabes even made Blackberry the phenomnia it is in Nigeria.

Innoson needs take advantage of the nature of modern marketing in Nigeria. It only costs 10,000USD to make a Nigerian movie on average, 50,000 for a good one but they reach millions of people.
Re: Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 05, 2013
Ikengawo:
The movie Black BerryBabes even made Blackberry the phenomnia it is in Nigeria.

Innoson needs take advantage of the nature of modern marketing in Nigeria. It only costs 10,000USD to make a Nigerian movie on average, 50,000 for a good one but they reach millions of people.

sorry, if he should sponsor such movies (that's if they even want a sponsor), it will make no difference. He should go for professional film makers, who make descent budget movies. Likes of kunle afolayan, obi emelonye, tunde kelani, chineze anyaene, tade ogidan etc comes to mind.
The movies made by these guys have big budgets, hence crave for sponsors. You can see from the numerous sponsors of movies such as phone swap (whose main sponsors were mtn and blackberry), the figurine, last flight to abuja, the mirror boy etc.
Meanwhile, blackberry babes wasn't the movie that aided bb market. Infact, the bb craze was already at it's peak before the movie. Then blackberry didn't even sponsor the movie....God knows why the movie wasn't banned for copyright infringement. That's naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrorism Trial: Court Grants Ndume Permission To Travel / LIVE UPDATES: Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial / Buhari Reacts To Latest Zamfara Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.