Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

But Why Are Guys Like This?? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / But Why Are Guys Like This?? (11451 Views)

Why Do Some Ladies Hype Themselves Like This ? / Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) / Why Are Guys Fun Of Abusing Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you jobless too? Why are you awake or are you into witchcraft?
I wonder o..
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by AlterEgoTM: 11:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
The gutterslimes keep yelling attention seeking, while they keep giving her the attention in bucket-loads!

Would it not be better if you grotty-scums ignored her patapata and deny her this attention she so craves

Bloody Uyghur pigs!

Sweetlemon ride on jare, any bereaved dag can shove their toe up their a$$. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Switsex(f): 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you jobless too? Why are you awake or are you into witchcraft?
I dnt blame u,most of u hav already give up in life cos if not i dont see any reason why a youth like u wil be running 4rm one thread to d oda just to comment.if at all u are working and nt jobless i dnt see any reason why u shuld be awake by dis time commenting on dis kind of thread.kip wasting ur time
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by HARDDON: 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Same scale? Lmfao! U got jokes! Next! angry

Not untill Ʊ rolled across ma plains.....had lived under d illusion ∂at all females got soft silky skin. Not some foul coarse canvass

To the hand puleez
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Afam4eva(m): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Switsex: I dnt blame u,most of u hav already give up in life cos if not i dont see any reason why a youth like u wil be running 4rm one thread to d oda just to comment.if at all u are working and nt jobless i dnt see any reason why u shuld be awake by dis time commenting on dis kind of thread.kip wasting ur time
So, it's either you're a witch or a grandma...It has to be one of them. If not, tell us why you're awake.

1 Like

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by HARDDON: 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sweetlemon:
I can see how perfect you are!
Like every other normal human, I have made mistakes before, learned from them and corrected them....... And I'm not ashamed of that honey

Guess Ʊ have? Taken ωiƒ a pinch of salt tho.

*thinking*

Buh i'v bin waiting patiently ƒoя ha to reek off .... Have bin disappointed thus far. Unlike som folks

Мч apologies SL

1 Like

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Caracta(f): 12:06am On Jan 29, 2013
lalaosky: LMAO @ caracta following this thread bumper to fender without blinking her eyes, without eating or drinking..lol
this gurl too like aproko...
You want to ruin my e-reputation abi? You know i'm on night duty. Wetin you dey find for here sef? Smh...gossip! LOL
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by chronique(m): 1:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Idowuogbo: Lmfao! Dis chick is sick in d head mehn! No wedding gist, no updates but she comes bck talking about some undiluted crap. Attention seeking again? Yea! We af hia o! It's U! u! u! undecided undecided

Wow! This is epic! I'll term this "the return of sweetlemon". She came back with a bang!!!!! Imagine,the thread's got 6 pages already in less than 24hrs?

@ Sweety: Baby,you need to teach me how to do this. *winks*

@ Topic: Ok. We've heard. We'll try to behave well next time to our exes.... But seriously,in as much as I loved my ex fiancee dearly,I never bothered her about getting back when I heard she was getting married. I just wished her the best & forgot about the whole thang. I'm probably the only ex who didn't ask her for a second chance. I wonder why guys do that. If you're gonna run back to her when you hear she's getting married,then why break up with her? If she snubs you after the begging,it means you've burnt your cable for nothing. That's my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by obyrich(m): 3:23am On Jan 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

If you look well, I'm actually talking girls learning to love themselves so as to get their men to love them. The thread is not about me.
There are so many hurting ladies around the place and I feel so bad knowing that while I'm deliriously happy, some other babe somewhere is wishing to die. I feel their pain cos I v been there and so I don't just want to keep my happiness to myself. I want to share it round my fellow women and make them see that they can even be happier if only they can first learn to love themselves.
Cheers!
Your argument is not balanced. Have you thought about many girls who break the heart of the guys who love them by cheating and flirting? Truth is no SANE guy will joke with a well behaved girl. If a guy is treating a girl like a poo I think the girl should do a thorough soul searching.As for you who brag about your many ex's asking you to come back and your current BED GUY whom you love dearly, my advice is check your behaviour! There is no guarantee you wont lose this one too. I'm sure what they are missing is your BED ACTIONS, maybe they've not been fortunate enough to get a better BED MISTRESS. Be wise.

3 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:53am On Jan 29, 2013
Thread is not in Romance section so I can post in it. . .just a question

Who won Miss Nairaland and Mr Nairaland?
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 29, 2013
semid4lyfe: Thread is not in Romance section so I can post in it. . .just a question

Achukwunet won Miss Nairaland, while Lucenzo won Mr Nairaland.
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 29, 2013
Lmao @ 'Sexkillzdick' grin grin grin
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Mynd44: 6:57am On Jan 29, 2013
semid4lyfe: Thread is not in Romance section so I can post in it. . .just a question

Were you banned from romance or you made a promise to someone to avoid it?
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2013
Nothing like that. . .my not posting in the Romance section is just a self-imposed rule.
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 29, 2013
semid4lyfe: Nothing like that. . .my not posting in the Romance section is just a self-imposed rule.

Why did you impose d rule on yourself?
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2013
I have no issues with you as a person, you seem like a nice person and if the last Miss Nairaland contest were to be re-held again (with all same candidates), i would still vote for you again without flinching.

I also have no issues with people giving advice,encouraging others and expressing themselves. One thing i really don't get about your threads is the real motive.

From one of your first thread (though its a very good thing to be find someone who makes you all flowery, fluffy and happy), there were so many loopholes to your story which i didn't quite get. And i tried so hard to understand and match these loopholes, but i just couldn't. Hence it appeared something was amiss.To me it all appeared an artist was doing a painting in that thread. Its fine though!

My simple advice to you is this, if you really want to express yourself, this way, do it in the diary section,there would be no interruption plus you would have lots of readers(even haters). Cause right now your threads are beginning to appear so somehow. You sound (like a lost puppy under a very heavy rain), like someone who really needs serious cuddling. You are beginning to sound like a side of DN i knew sometime last year.

**please no insult intended!
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by ijebabe: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2013
Caracta:
As in ehn...no be small thing. Few days left.
Now I know ur plan! angry
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Caracta(f): 11:29am On Jan 29, 2013
ijebabe:
Now I know ur plan! angry
Wetin na? Go and wash your hand.
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Oahray: 11:34am On Jan 29, 2013
Ehya... See e-bullying. Not nice. Sweetlemon opens very entertaining threads, we should give her some credit regardless of the truthfulness of its content.

The first time (the thread where she asked for advice on how to please mr bedguy), it was funny cos she was rude and got served.

After raining ancestor curses in the following thread (he invited me to spend a weekend) she repented, and since then she has been so polite even in the face of insults. How many of us can do that?

There is still some sense in her post, though she has a lil problem with effective communication. Even if she flaunts her bedguy (real or not) in your faces, kini big deal?

I think we should stop living in her past threads and give her a break too. Punishing someone twice or more times for the same offense is pure injustice!

2 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
Oahray: Ehya... See e-bullying. Not nice. Sweetlemon opens very entertaining threads, we should give her some credit regardless of the truthfulness of its content.

The first time (the thread where she asked for advice on how to please mr bedguy), it was funny cos she was rude and got served.

After raining ancestor curses in the following thread (he invited me to spend a weekend) she repented, and since then she has been so polite even in the face of insults. How many of us can do that?

[size=46pt]There is still some sense in her post, though she has a lil problem with effective communication.[/size] Even if she flaunts her bedguy (real or not) in your faces, kini big deal?

I think we should stop living in her past threads and give her a break too. Punishing someone twice or more times for the same offense is pure injustice!

well said....she made some sense in her post, just that she made some mistake with the way she went about it and also the topic IMHO should've read "WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS" cos' the issue she raised is not gender specific

3 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ Oahray, if you follow my threads @ all as you say you will see that I NEVER NEVER insult or get rude to anyone except that person draws the sword first.
Never!
These people have (repeatedly) called me every name under the sun. For reasons I just cannot fathom. Yet you honestly expect me not to react to the insults? Did I ever tell you that I'm super human
I apologized because I hate having serious quarrels with people whether or not I'm at fault.
@am beautiful, did you read my post @ all madam? This thread is not about my relationship with my bed guy, he was just used as an illustration. The thread was created to help ladies with self esteem issues in bad relationships get up and move on with their lives. The thread needs to be open for others to put in their own contribution from their own experience so that it can further help to motivate women. So you will agree with me that it's hardly a thread for the diary section since it's not about me!
I do hope you understand me now. My advice to you and to other people here who find it so difficult understanding my posts is that you guys should learn to read my post like it were written by any other NLer. Just take a moment for once to remove the thought that I'm "showing off" from your minds and I'm sure you guys will be able to see things clearer
Cheers!
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
lalaosky:

well said....she made some sense in her post, just that she made some mistake with the way she went about it and also the topic IMHO should've read "WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS" cos' the issue she raised is not gender specific

I'm very sure you saw where I said that both men and women are guilty of this behaviour. I concentrated on men here cos I want to help the women since they are the ones I relate with! Just say that you want to find a loop hole so you can have a reason to back up your friends.
Simple!
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Oahray: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sweetlemon: @ Oahray, if you follow my threads @ all as you say you will see that I NEVER NEVER insult or get rude to anyone except that person draws the sword first.
Never!
These people have (repeatedly) called me every name under the sun. For reasons I just cannot fathom. Yet you honestly expect me not to react to the insults? Did I ever tell you that I'm super human
I apologized because I hate having serious quarrels with people whether or not I'm at fault.
It doesn't matter who draws the sword first, bottom line, you did throw insults at all. Inasmuch as I do not fancy the incessant manner in which you keep getting attacked, I cannot truthfully say you did not deserve at least some of it.

I never said, directly or by implication, that you should not react. On the contrary, I think reaction is a natural law. I'm a bit surprised you have been so polite of recent, and I think its a good thing.

Looks like you are a nice person, but don't be too hasty to tell others all the time how much they don't understand you. It could only mean two things: either you have an issue with communicating or others have a problem with understanding.
The context of your words points to the latter. It has an air of arrogance to it. You should limit how often you say it.

I understand you sweetlemon, believe me, I do.

3 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Oahray: Ehya... See e-bullying. Not nice. Sweetlemon opens very entertaining threads, we should give her some credit regardless of the truthfulness of its content.

There is still some sense in her post, though she has a lil problem with effective communication. Even if she flaunts her bedguy (real or not) in your faces, kini big deal?

[s]I think we should stop living in her past threads and give her a break too. Punishing someone twice or more times for the same offense is pure injustice[/s]
berra!
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
lalaosky:

lalaosky, u a f00lish boy! grin grin grin
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
Oahray: It doesn't matter who draws the sword first, bottom line, you did throw insults at all. Inasmuch as I do not fancy the incessant manner in which you keep getting attacked, I cannot truthfully say you did not deserve at least some of it.

I never said, directly or by implication, that you should not react. On the contrary, I think reaction is a natural law. I'm a bit surprised you have been so polite of recent, and I think its a good thing.

Looks like you are a nice person, but don't be too hasty to tell others all the time how much they don't understand you. It could only mean two things: either you have an issue with communicating or others have a problem with understanding.
The context of your words points to the latter. It has an air of arrogance to it. You should limit how often you say it.

I understand you sweetlemon, believe me, I do.
There's a difference between arrogance and a healthy self-esteem. Arrogant people insult and look down on others while confident people say things clearly and precisely without insulting but the confident way they do it often intimidates people with self esteem issues of their own, thereby making the the ones with lower confidence hate their guts. Like I said earlier, try to read my posts like it were written by any other NLer so that you won't allow sentiments becloud your better judgement.
Anyway, very soon, I will have to stop being regular here. I'm just sharing what I have to others who might find them useful.
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Les: 1:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

I'm very sure you saw where I said that both men and women are guilty of this behaviour. I concentrated on men here cos I want to help the women since they are the ones I relate with! Just say that you want to find a loop hole so you can have a reason to back up your friends.
Simple!
then ur topic should be written dat way like it was guys only.... U sound controversal wit urself... Tho i get ur point sha.. But u didn't present it in a presentable way... Ur bed guy is a bad example... If you wanted to use ur past as an example... It should have been ....how ur exes treated u, how it affected u, how u felt then, u u finally overcame d effect and u were able to spot dat ur bed guy was deferent wen he approached u and finally, how you made sure guys wont treat u dat way again:.... Den ppl will understand...... I beg u again, dont let nairaland affect ur real life emotions... Pls and also... Try working on ur oratory ability and capablity... If not, dont try goin into teaching.... I hope u understand me

2 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Oahray: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:
There's a difference between arrogance and a healthy self-esteem. Arrogant people insult and look down on others while confident people say things clearly and precisely without insulting but the confident way they do it often intimidates people with self esteem issues of their own, thereby making the the ones with lower confidence hate their guts.
Like I said earlier, try to read my posts like it were written by any other NLer so that you won't allow sentiments becloud your better judgement.
Anyway, very soon, I will have to stop being regular here. I'm just sharing what I have to others who might find them useful.
while still trying to get the sense of the bold part, lemme quickly add these:

(1) there is a thin line between confidence and arrogance. In an attempt to look or sound confident, people easily turn arrogant, without realizing it. Just as one cannot see his/her ears without a mirror, there are certain things about our person we cannot see without some help from others. The reaction of others is a mirror on your attitude. Would you criticize every mirror that brings up an ugly reflection of your face? Would you not take steps to make corrections?

(2) I think you are like any other NLer and read your posts like any other post. Thanks for the directive but flatter yourself no more dear. Only difference is the ease with which you try to defend yourself even when no one is attacking you.

(3) NL is a minature form of the society. One advantage is that you have the opportunity to get into people's minds, since its easier to say what we think in a faceless forum. This does not mean that the people in reality who keep smiling at you have blank slates or a garden of sweet-smelling roses as minds, they just would not express their every opinion of you as they would on a forum such as this.

4 Likes

Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Oahray: 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
Idowuogbo:
berra!
lolzzzz... grin
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
When will this argument end na..eh!
Swetlm accept ur mistakes and let the matter die na.

@ id..i bet you drmt abt this thread cos you still woke up to it.
Re: But Why Are Guys Like This?? by Mynd44: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Did Sweetlemon just say she does not insult anyone except if the person draws first blood?

A week after the contest(still angry that she lost gringringrin) she call someone a arsè licker cos he agreed with my post and said NL is filled with "Follo follow people" is that not arrogance?

Her posts and threads are filled with bitterness and insults she needs to go see a shrink cos me no get the girl.

Plus Onila is still better than her. I stand by that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Resigns – Warns Men Of God To Disentangle Themselve / Do You Sing In The Shower?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.