Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (14820 Views)

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by jimfarayola(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
sme nairalanders ae sufferin frm a chronic brain disease,i wonder hw sme pipo knw hw 2 sign up nd join nairaland,u cnt reason 4 jst a seconds abt a post,u ave a biased mind n iz affectin ur IQ.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by CooldudeY2J: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sheik Gumi in his words 'there is a tin line btw islam n terrorism' whatever he meant by that i don't. Imagine a world devoid of all act of terrorism.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by missmood(f): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
De_ Law: muslims and their low key idealogys.
i neva knew u were dis daft.............mthewwwww
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by ezeuba(m): 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Area_boy:

I see more to come..

Using analogies that create more questions than they answer is a fail in my book. Then again, the clever shaikh could read through the gullibility of his opponent and used that to his advantage.

fail
Epic Fail bro...
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by missmood(f): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Truckpusher: bullshit topic.
eaya.....i wonder were u dumped ur sense of understanding.....mtchewwww
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by missmood(f): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
noskeybaba: No be say the ones wey dey cover their faces fine. Why i go look am b4?
who send u make u luk dem b4....slowpoke
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by missmood(f): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
firstolalekan: THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF ISLAM. ALLAHUAKBAR!
masha Allah
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by missmood(f): 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
Truckpusher: After drinking one full bottle of codeine syrup you come here to post shyte...smh
i haven't seen d 1 u posted ooo
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by missmood(f): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joey82:

seriously?
is that ur answer to the questions raised?
if u got no answers for me why not just shut the hell up.
i wonder 4rm which planet pple lyk u came 4rmSMH

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by folahann(m): 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
These illustrations are absolutely fantastic bull poo. Very funny indeed.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by chmod777: 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
We all look but we see differently.We all listen but hear differently. Do not castigate another man's religion. He only sees what he wants to see just same way you admire a lady that seems so unacceptable by me.
My faith is based on what is inside (spirit) that is invisible. I do not know about yours.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Frostyzone(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
Muslim men hold their women folks in such high regard as to keep them perpetually tettered. I can relate to that because I do the same to My English Mastif, to keep her from wandering off and getting dognapped.

*Smirks*
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by POTUT(m): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Must say these are quite witty answers from the sheikh.

I'm not a muslim. I have often wondered the reasons behind some customs in Islam. I imagine o could ask the same questions if I were to meet the sheikh. Below are further questions to the sheikh:

1. Not everyone is allowed to approach or shake the queen Elizabeth, but she may choose to shake our honor whomsoever she wishes. As the british queen has been introduced into this logic (even though Islam is older than the emergence of the british queen as a powerful monarch in the absence if a make successor to the british throne), are women in Islam allowed to utilize this privilege too?

2. If sweets can used to symbolize women, does this mean they are consumables? Especially as no mention of the covering or exposure of men was made.

3. I agree with the logic that the glory of God is too bright that when out of present, you do not require the sun. No man has seen God.

4. If the wine is forbidden, and is at the same time referred to as the "daughter", does this imply that muslim men are not allowed to marry muslim girls? Or conversely, that muslim girls are meant for non muslims to marry?
This arises directly from the sheikh's response, because he rejects the wine (daughter) that came from the grape (wife)...but the wine (daughter) must get married some time.

I'm not in any way ridiculing Islam, I'm simply responding to the specific analogy used. Perhaps there are better answers out there to the non muslim's questions.

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by POTUT(m): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Must say these are quite witty answers from the sheikh.

I'm not a muslim. I have often wondered the reasons behind some customs in Islam. I imagine o could ask the same questions if I were to meet the sheikh. Below are further questions to the sheikh:

1. Not everyone is allowed to approach or shake the queen Elizabeth, but she may choose to shake our honor whomsoever she wishes. As the british queen has been introduced into this logic (even though Islam is older than the emergence of the british queen as a powerful monarch in the absence if a make successor to the british throne), are women in Islam allowed to utilize this privilege too?

2. If sweets can used to symbolize women, does this mean they are consumables? Especially as no mention of the covering or exposure of men was made.

3. I agree with the logic that the glory of God is too bright that when out of present, you do not require the sun. No man has seen God.

4. If the wine is forbidden, and is at the same time referred to as the "daughter", does this imply that muslim men are not allowed to marry muslim girls? Or conversely, that muslim girls are meant for non muslims to marry?
This arises directly from the sheikh's response, because he rejects the wine (daughter) that came from the grape (wife)...but the wine (daughter) must get married some time.

I'm not in any way ridiculing Islam, I'm simply responding to the specific analogy used. Perhaps there are better answers out there to the non muslim's questions.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by huptin(m): 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
He should have asked why muslims have not invented one meaningful thing in this world? even the bomb they use was invented by the west, yet they hate the west? @ mods banning me, wont kill me.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by shanktang(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
aurenflani:

No Muslim ever killed in the name of Allah.

Hey man get real
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by bankingman23(f): 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
THIS IS GOOD TO BE TRUE, A TRUE MUSLIM WILL ABIDE BY THIS SIMPLE LOGIC.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
vedaxcool:

Yep, in essence it says a man appreciate women who dress decently, people tend to respect nuns without knowing who they are because their appearance gives us confidence on what to expect from them, likewise our musilmah are respected even in places like America,the sweet analogy indicates people have less regard for women who dress indecently compared to women who present themselves well covered!

So you haven't watch dumb bunny, please when you have kids NEVER let them watch that cartoon, I have never seen any thing more dumber than that!

I watched the dumb bunnies... I was joking.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
vedaxcool:

Yep, in essence it says a man appreciate women who dress decently, people tend to respect nuns without knowing who they are because their appearance gives us confidence on what to expect from them, likewise our musilmah are respected even in places like America,the sweet analogy indicates people have less regard for women who dress indecently compared to women who present themselves well covered!

maclatunji:

Her attractively coloured wrapping is her intelligence, her aroma is her decorum and so on and so forth.

Maclatunji said it has to do with intelligence, you state it has to do with decent dressing grin

Perhaps the cleric wasnt clear in his description wink

So much for dumb bunnies cool
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by stankezzy: 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
kheart: God has sealed their hearts and hearing and their vision is veiled. (quran2:7).
why must u people copy from bible,the bible says hearing they will hear without understanding,seeing they will see without comprehending.i believe the verse you quoted is a cipied bible passage u people use to gain credibility.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Truckpusher(m): 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
missmood: i haven't seen d 1 u posted ooo
i do not need to post shyte for just to be counted that i posited something even if it's not worth reading like the poo posited by your psychosexual rag heads you call brothers.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Truckpusher(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
missmood: eaya.....i wonder were u dumped ur sense of understanding.....mtchewwww
What are you doing here in a social forum filled with vile and abominable things of the world...how do you even manage to type with your lagbaja attire?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Maclatunji said it has to do with intelligence, you state it has to do with decent dressing grin

Perhaps the cleric wasnt clear in his description wink

So much for dumb bunnies cool

Nope, you failed to get my analogy. What I meant was that whilst a sweet may be wrapped in attractive colours to attract people into buying it. A Muslim woman with Hijab will easily attract quality people to her with her intelligence without them thinking of her in sexual terms first and above anything else.

Open your brain, it is not that difficult if you talk/write less and think/reflect more.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by stankezzy: 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Really? Dumbest bunnies eh!!!! So what is your explanation for the sweets example?
he used sweet because muslems do not realy value wemen ,rather they are seen as object of fun.ie something that is sweet or some thing u can leak at will.something to have fun with.they d 'nt even consider there right as a human being.

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
POTUT: Must say these are quite witty answers from the sheikh.

Exactly. The answers dont quite match the questions.

1. Queen Elizabeth is a monarch and she actually waves and shakes ppls hands. Ppl have met her from the average crowd and a few have even been invited to have tea with her on occasion so that is not a good description.

2. You can gaze at the sun with UV shades (even just shortly) and you can see the sun if you partially close your eyes. So that is not even a suitable excuse for the lack of ability to gaze upon God. In fact that is the most stupid of all the answers.

3. I have nothing to say about the sweet situation. Comparing women to sweets is just WRONG. To be devoured and consumed shocked And where do womens rights come in? What about men? Why arent they subjected to such indecent dressing laws like women?

4. The wine-wife-daughter analogy doesnt even answer the question. A more appropriate answer would be to address the alcoholic content of wine and the dangers of drinking as opposed to talking nonsense about wives and daughters

The cleric was talking nonsense and everyone was creaming their pants to this . He was probably high on shisha shocked
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
maclatunji:

Nope, you failed to get my analogy. What I meant was that whilst a sweet may be wrapped in attractive colours to attract people into buying it. A Muslim woman with Hijab will easily attract quality people to her with her intelligence without them thinking of her in sexual terms first and above anything else.

Open your brain, it is not that difficult if you talk/write less and think/reflect more.

Open my brain more

Is the sweets analogy a good description of the virtues of women amd why they should dress like ninjas sad

Also, going by your logic, if the hijab is to attract the right kind of man, why do they need to wear it after marriage?

I think you and vedaxcool need to look at the clerics answer closer. They are not wise. They do more harm than good.

The wine issue is even the best. We all know the dangers of alcohol consumption, addiction and the damage it does to society. Why didnt he just talk about that?

The cleric got it wrong.... big time
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by darea18: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Big IQ dumb. Got no brain(nt even minute) to comprehend å sentence. Smh go bak to creche.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by delishpot: 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
I want to be a muslim. I need clarification on some issues though.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by bunmila(f): 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
aurenflani:

No Muslim ever killed in the name of Allah.
Are you in denial?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband / Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ? / Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.