Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (14825 Views)

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by boron10(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
Whoever considers this Analogy sensible needs to have his/her brain examined.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by sureteeboy(m): 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
Women in islam are treated as queens?? It seems you havnt visited http://faithfreedom.org and http://alisina.org
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
sweetcheecks:

" THE ART OF TOTAL DECIET" undecided

Lady, you can do better.

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by pure123: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
it's not even the topic that is the problem but the warning To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam''

i laff in Hausalat...........
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
pure123:

dont mind the hyprocrate....ask for alhaja fausat @ 2007 set in Yabatech they will tell u her story....she covers all her body including face........but she's a sexcapade...she will kill u if she handle u in bed.

You were in bed with her to guarantee this knowledge? In Islam, we call such behaviour hypocrisy. Google it up.

I could also talk about the sexcapades of Nuns and priests or even Popes but that is not the point to be made here.

Covering yourself as a lady is one thing, being chaste is another. However, both are virtues and are recognized in their own rights as such.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
aurenflani:

Pity what a sorry life; what a lost soul.

Well why dont you give us some answers without using silly stories.

The person asked good questions and expected solid answers.... not esoteric babble.

And why would anyone marvel at such stupidity too?

To compare a sweet to a lady? Hmmm. What about the wrapping of the sweet? It can be wrapped in any appealing colour... so why do muslim women have to wear black hijabs etc.

None of the silly stories answer any of the questions asked... neither do they make sense. smiley
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by nuorlah: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
Atheist:-D:
Pointless and silly.

None of these are reasonable explanations. The Imam is just using rhetoric to dodge the questions.

He dodged them only because you are not reasonable

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by nuorlah: 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
ooooood.

This is goooood

Sometimes analogies can drive the points you want to make better than simple words and explanations.

That the writer or Imam answered these this way doesn't mean he can not in another format.

The level of intelligence of your target audience and the circumstances of your discourse matter a lot.

Understanding these is what differenciates a knowledgeable Muslim from a da'ee
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by snakova(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
sureteeboy: Women in islam are treated as queens?? It seems you havnt visited http://faithfreedom.org and http://alisina.org
islam protects women, yes, but it also gives them their full rights. the restrictions placed on women are for the protection of the society as a whole. we all know that christianity never emancipated women, the cultural revolutions in the west did.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Truckpusher(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Any society,religion,organization,community,ideology and of course people or nation that doesn't respect their women and the choice they make for themselves must surely be pedaling back to the dark ages and this is where most followers of Islam belongs to and it's quite obvious in some core islamic nations....for me most Islamic followers are still trapped between the criminal crusade carried out by criminal European powers and the renaissance age.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2013

Well why dont you give us some answers without using silly stories.

The person asked good questions and expected solid answers.... not esoteric babble.

And why would anyone marvel at such stupidity too?

To compare a sweet to a lady? Hmmm. What about the wrapping of the sweet? It can be wrapped in any appealing colour... so why do muslim women have to wear black hijabs etc.

None of the silly stories answer any of the questions asked... neither do they make sense. smiley

Her attractively coloured wrapping is her intelligence, her aroma is her decorum and so on and so forth. Go out more, you will see different sizes, colours and styles of Hijab.

Obsession with women being covered is something else amongst Non Muslims.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by aurenflani: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
BedLam: ok! I saw that red warning on top of my head( to avoid being ban)
lemme assume the cleric is still here; WHY DO MUSLIMS KILL PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF ALLAH? *I need a better analogy please!

No Muslim ever killed in the name of Allah.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by sweetcheecks(f): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
maclatunji:

Thank you for the vote of confidence and I say insulting, using derogatory language or outrightly calling for genocide are things offensive to Muslims and any other person with good sense.

By the way dude, you cannot offend Islam, you can only offend Muslims. #LOL

Dude, you are making us deazzy here. If not offensive to Islam but Moslem please change you text box heading accordingly if you really have to have it there. lipsrsealed

"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam".
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Double post. #Badnetwork
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
sweetcheecks: [/b]

Dude, you are making us deazzy here. If not offensive to Islam but Moslem please change you text box heading accordingly if you really have to have it there. lipsrsealed

"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam".

LOL, tell Seun.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
maclatunji:

Her attractively coloured wrapping is her intelligence, her aroma is her decorum and so on and so forth. Go out more, you will see different sizes, colours and styles of Hijab.

Obsession with women being covered is something else amongst Non Muslims.

Really? Intelligence? I got the impression it was more to do with dressing style and being objectified as a sex object. Being covered means you are not being viewed in a dirty sleazy manner and hence have better value... or something along those lines.

There are some different styles etc but some Islamic countries tend to be radical with their application of these. Black is the most preferred colour because it attracts the least amount of vitriol and criticism.

And where does the woman come into all of this? At what point do they decide if they want to wear it or not?

The reason there is an obsession is because we believe it is an outdated law. It does not apply to the modern world.

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by donted(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
Pointless and silly.

None of these are reasonable explanations. The Imam is just using rhetoric to dodge the questions.

I support u. Is pointless and unreasonable.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by tunnlex(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by adamu50: 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Infact sheik was guided ingiving perfect answers, but why dosnt he ask about BK Boys in Maiduguri?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by PosCaricature: 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
Obviously compiled by a moslim fanatic.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
nuorlah:

He dodged them only becauae you are not reasonable

How am I not reasonable?

He didnt answer one question. He just gave some tales by moonlight analogies with no REAL discernable relationship with the topics at hand.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by talk2me006(m): 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
boron10: Very dumb response from the muslim cleric. Imagine the answer he gave as to why their ladies cover their body. So the ladies are the ones who deserve men with uncovered face and body abi?

Now i see why boko haramists kill without any genuine reasons to back up their acts. Pathetic

NB: MOD you are so free to ban me. Thank you
Hw is bokoharam relates to this topic?
dude use ur brain.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
PosCaricature :
Obviously compiled by a moslim fanatic.

Define who a "moslim fanatic" is.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Capnd143(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
This bunch of crap! I dnt care whether am banned or not! I can stil get a new id! I wonder why the muslim cleric didnt answer y the are allowed to cause mayhem, wreck havoc to christian! Kill men,women and children in the name of "demonic jihad!" . What is worth saying is worth saying well.
"If am banned i will be happy cos i am banned as a christian 'Mytyr'. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by hallyawwal: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
[quote author=elliottibanga]Masha Allah! I always tnk God 4 being a muslim
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by vedaxcool(m): 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
I hope people don't get hypertension over what they read here, as the clerics provided simple analogies that can easily be understood even by the most dumbest bunny in dumbs-ville!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by mine86: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
ABOVE ALL, YOU CAN NEVER SEE ANY PICTURE OF MARY (MARYAM MOTHER OF JESUS)PEACE AND BLESSING OF GOD BE WITH BOTH OF THEM WITH OUT FULL CLOTH, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE OUR CHRISTIAN BROTHERS GOT THEIR OWN SYSTEM OF NAKED CLOTH
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
vedaxcool: I hope people don't get hypertension over what they read here, as the clerics provided simple analogies that can easily be understood even by the most dumbest bunny in dumbs-ville!

Really? Dumbest bunnies eh!!!! So what is your explanation for the sweets example?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
vedaxcool: I hope people don't get hypertension over what they read here, as the clerics provided simple analogies that can easily be understood even by the most dumbest bunny in dumbs-ville!

Don't insult bunnies.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
mine86: ABOVE ALL, YOU CAN NEVER SEE ANY PICTURE OF MARY (MARYAM MOTHER OF JESUS)PEACE AND BLESSING OF GOD BE WITH BOTH OF THEM WITH OUT FULL CLOTH, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE OUR CHRISTIAN BROTHERS GOT THEIR OWN SYSTEM OF NAKED CLOTH

MTV and Hollywood.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by vedaxcool(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2013

Really? Dumbest bunnies eh!!!! So what is your explanation for the sweets example?

Yep, in essence it says a man appreciate women who dress decently, people tend to respect nuns without knowing who they are because their appearance gives us confidence on what to expect from them, likewise our musilmah are respected even in places like America,the sweet analogy indicates people have less regard for women who dress indecently compared to women who present themselves well covered!

maclatunji:

Don't insult bunnies.

So you haven't watch dumb bunny, please when you have kids NEVER let them watch that cartoon, I have never seen any thing more dumber than that!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by periolaO: 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls / Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ? / "Ramadan Has Crippled Business,” Prostitutes Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.