Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (14823 Views)

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
delishpot: I want to be a muslim. I need clarification on some issues though.

Create a thread for your question.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by bunmila(f): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Really? Intelligence? I got the impression it was more to do with dressing style and being objectified as a sex object. Being covered means you are not being viewed in a dirty sleazy manner and hence have better value... or something along those lines.

There are some different styles etc but some Islamic countries tend to be radical with their application of these. Black is the most preferred colour because it attracts the least amount of vitriol and criticism.

And where does the woman come into all of this? At what point do they decide if they want to wear it or not?

The reason there is an obsession is because we believe it is an outdated law. It does not apply to the modern world.
The sad truth is that this whole covering crap has nothing to do with the women being placed on any pedestal but is just to ensure that the men (who probably have zero level of control)are not tempted in any way. That is why they try to ensure that their women appear in very drab and unattractive coverings. Even in really sunny places you can tell that the poor women are sweaing like pigs underneath the hijabs but cannot do anything about it because they have been mandated. Total crap
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Akiika: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lots of religious bigots here. They become so agitated and irritated whenever Islam is mentioned. What is wrong with you adolescents?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Akiika: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
bunmila:
The sad truth is that this whole covering crap has nothing to do with the women being placed on any pedestal but is just to ensure that the men (who probably have zero level of control)are not tempted in any way. That is why they try to ensure that their women appear in very drab and unattractive coverings. Even in really sunny places you can tell that the poor women are sweaing like pigs underneath the hijabs but cannot do anything about it because they have been mandated. Total crap
Your hypocrisy has no limit. Men will go to strip club to watch a nude woman dance but yet those women don't qualify as wife material. They stick to one wife, yet commit adultery. How many ladies in Hijab have come to complained to you? The truth is that some of you are ignorant and religion intolerant. You coin your model of Muslim from Boko Haram and co. It is common sense that BH and other exremists group does not represent islam but you guys choose to condemn islam because of their crimes. Look around you, how many Muslims have you lived and worked with? have they attacked you? when did this BH nonsense start? But for the inherent hatred of other beliefs, you fail to think outside the box. There are as much bad people that claim to be christians as there are in Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
Akiika:
Your hypocrisy has no limit. Men will go to strip club to watch a nude woman dance but yet those women don't qualify as wife material. They stick to one wife, yet commit adultery. How many ladies in Hijab have come to complained to you? The truth is that some of you are ignorant and religion intolerant. You coin your model of Muslim from Boko Haram and co. It is common sense that BH and other exremists group does not represent islam but you guys choose to condemn islam because of their crimes. Look around you, how many Muslims have you lived and worked with? have they attacked you? when did this BH nonsense start? But for the inherent hatred of other beliefs, you fail to think outside the box. There are as much bad people that claim to be christians as there are in Islam.

Put it how you like, BH are not the only Islamic group killing ppl. Radicalisation, extremism and religious intolerance is becoming more prevalent in Islam. Rather than denying it you need to try and address it before it gets out of hand.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by GooseBaba: 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
Akiika:
Bros.! Leave that thing. Back in 1995 our gate man whom we laughed and crack jokes together. We even went to mama put to buy tuwo together. On a sunny day like that while enjoying the cool breeze under the shade my friend and I were having a conversation when he made a joke about Mohammed and we laugh, mind you we were making jokes of the pope, Jesus and all other religious con-men. This my gate man eves-dropping on our conversation. From no where he raced towards us like bulldog with his shinning dagger! He dared us to tell the joke again..now that's is someone I saw as my fellow human being! Ready to take my sweet delicious life for nothing in time of peace for that matter.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
GooseBaba:
Bros.! Leave that thing. Back in 1995 our gate man whom we laughed and crack jokes together. We even went to mama put to buy tuwo together. On a sunny day like that while enjoying the cool breeze under the shade my friend and I were having a conversation when he made a joke about Mohammed and we laugh, mind you we were making jokes of the pope, Jesus and all other religious con-men. This my gate man eves-dropping on our conversation. From no where he raced towards us like bulldog with his shinning dagger! He dared us to tell the joke again..now that's is someone I saw as my fellow human being! Ready to take my sweet delicious life for nothing in time of peace for that matter.

Lol grin

He even dared you to repeat it. If it were some they would have beheaded you instantly.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by GooseBaba: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2013

Lol grin

He even dared you to repeat it. If it were some they would have beheaded you instantly.
It was not easy that day. I was sweating bullets, even with the cool breeze. I gazed upon the dagger, that thing was magnificent..Never again will I let my guard down when there is a Muslim in the premises.NEVER!!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by olanyte: 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
ONLY THOSE WHO ARE GUIDED UNDERSTAND
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by skyhighweb(m): 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
lekibraky: A Non Muslim came to a Shaikh and asked: Why is it
Not Permissible in Islam for a Women to shake hands
with a Man? The Shaikh said: Can you shake hands with Queen
Elizabeth? The Non Muslim said: Ofcourse not, there are only
certain people who can shake hands with Queen
Elizabeth. Shaikh replied: Our Women are Queens and Queens
do not shake hands with strange men. Then the Non Muslim asked another Question: Why
do your Girls cover up their body? The Shaikh smiled and got two sweets, he opened the
first one and kept the other one closed. He threw
them both on the dusty floor and asked the Non
Muslim: If I asked you to take one of the sweets
which one will you choose? The Non Muslim replied: The covered one. The Shaikh said: That's how we treat and see our
women. Women should not be like the Moon which
everyone can See and Admire, they should be like the
Sun which makes th e Viewers Lower their Gaze. Non Muslim: Show me God if he exists. Shaikh Replied: Look at the Sun Man Replied: I Can't see, the Rays hurt my eyes.
Shaikh Said: If u can't look at the Creation of God
then how will you be able to Look at the Creator?? Lastly the Non Muslim invited the Shaikh to his house
and gave him Grapes, the Shaikh ate them, then he
offered him a cup of wine, the Shaikh refused, the
Non Muslim asked him how come you Muslims are
forbidden wine and eat grapes although the wine came
from grapes? Shaikh Replied: Do you have a daughter?
He said yes, the Shaikh asked him could you marry
her? the Non Muslim said no, the Shaikh said
SubhanAllah, you marry her mother and can't marry
her although she came from her
lame very lame. now banne me
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by oludayomi(f): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
hisblud: This is really nice. I admire the analogy presented. Will apply the proper covering for my daughter. really nice and i appreciate it
lol, gudluck 2 Ɣφΰ. Wat annoyed ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ wth dis covering is dat check those covering head ɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣ð body their character is nothng 2 write home abt, And Ɣφΰ cnt knw their real character. <//>.
_\\_ shior! E D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ur body.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
GooseBaba:
It was not easy that day. I was sweating bullets, even with the cool breeze. I gazed upon the dagger, that thing was magnificent..Never again will I let my guard down when there is a Muslim in the premises.NEVER!!

I know some very reasonable muslims that can never resort to such but I believe they might now be heading towards being a minority within Islam.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
oludayomi: lol, gudluck 2 Ɣφΰ. Wat annoyed ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ wth dis covering is dat check those covering head ɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣ð body their character is nothng 2 write home abt, And Ɣφΰ cnt knw their real character. <//>.
_\\_ shior! E D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ur body.

Poor you. Your post already shows you as ill-mannered in writing and in content. That has little to do with your dressing does it? Nonetheless, those who are covered with their "nothing to write home about character" are better than your uncovered self with your ill-manners in tow.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by pekelepekele(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
The non muslim didn't ask the right question and in fact the non muslim na learner . Why didn't he ask the sheikh why most Muslims are killing in the name of Allah

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by tplacid: 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7: Lol. Smh. No sense whatsoever. Beating around the bush as usual

The non muslim would have also asked:
Non muslim: why are all terrorists muslim??
Sheik. :because all muslims are terrorists

I guess Adolf Hilter was a Muslim too.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
pekelepekele: The non muslim didn't ask the right question and in fact the non muslim na learner . Why didn't he ask the sheikh why most Muslims are killing in the name of Allah

He was getting to it slowly. The imam showed great skill and rhetoric capabilities by dodging the questions wink
tplacid:

I guess Adolf Hilter was a Muslim too.

He was Xtian. Tamerlane was muslim however.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by tplacid: 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
It's funny how some xtians come to muslim section to hurl insults on Muslims and Islam and when they get banned they will start ranting about getting banned and how insecure Muslims are, I mean 'come on' I go to the christians section and I have never seen a Muslim say negative things about christians in that section not to talk of hurling insults at them but christians come here and stay all sorts about Muslims and all. Each and everytime I keep thinking about what Ghandi said 'I like your christ but I don't like your christians, your christians are so unlike your christ'. Jesus will never insult anyone but you christians come here to insult Muslims, Muhammad(PBUH) was not a terrorist but some Muslims are. So the Christians that hurl insults at Muslims and the Muslims that terrorise the world are the same because they both violate the teachings of Jesus and Muhammed(PBUH) respectively. There is no such thing as xtians are saint and Muslims are bad. There is only good and evil, good xtians and good muslims, bad xtians and bad muslims. It's just that.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by thisismike(m): 12:09am On Feb 01, 2013

grin

...hehehehehehehe... Choi! I has die..lolz nnaa pple're wicked o!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by thisismike(m): 12:19am On Feb 01, 2013
tplacid: It's funny how some xtians come to muslim section to hurl insults on Muslims and Islam and when they get banned they will start ranting about getting banned and how insecure Muslims are, I mean 'come on' I go to the christians section and I have never seen a Muslim say negative things about christians in that section not to talk of hurling insults at them but christians come here and stay all sorts about Muslims and all. Each and everytime I keep thinking about what Ghandi said 'I like your christ but I don't like your christians, your christians are so unlike your christ'. Jesus will never insult anyone but you christians come here to insult Muslims, Muhammad(PBUH) was not a terrorist but some Muslims are. So the Christians that hurl insults at Muslims and the Muslims that terrorise the world are the same because they both violate the teachings of Jesus and Muhammed(PBUH) respectively. There is no such thing as xtians are saint and Muslims are bad. There is only good and evil, good xtians and good muslims, bad xtians and bad muslims. It's just that.

**fact**
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by hasyak(m): 12:30am On Feb 01, 2013
tplacid: It's funny how some xtians come to muslim section to hurl insults on Muslims and Islam and when they get banned they will start ranting about getting banned and how insecure Muslims are, I mean 'come on' I go to the christians section and I have never seen a Muslim say negative things about christians in that section not to talk of hurling insults at them but christians come here and stay all sorts about Muslims and all. Each and everytime I keep thinking about what Ghandi said 'I like your christ but I don't like your christians, your christians are so unlike your christ'. Jesus will never insult anyone but you christians come here to insult Muslims, Muhammad(PBUH) was not a terrorist but some Muslims are. So the Christians that hurl insults at Muslims and the Muslims that terrorise the world are the same because they both violate the teachings of Jesus and Muhammed(PBUH) respectively. There is no such thing as xtians are saint and Muslims are bad. There is only good and evil, good xtians and good muslims, bad xtians and bad muslims. It's just that.

+7
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:44am On Feb 01, 2013
Interesting.... but these are not the question a non-muslim will ask.
The one that's silly, is the question about women covering their bodies - its an Arab culture because of dust/sand (desert). But I see some Nigerian girls dressing like them in this scorching heat, I only pity them.
If I was a lady and my husband tells me to cover my body like that, I'll tell him to do the same, because women chase/look at men these days (whats good for the goose is good for the gander).

Btw Is it just me or have you guys noticed that its ugly Muslim girls or girls with deformity (e.g skin problem, bad legs etc) that cover their bodies, like the Arabs. The sexy/beautiful ones cover their hair only (some of them)
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:00am On Feb 01, 2013
bhadico: . Muslim in the west and north are same Muslims right? Then y does the killings occur only in one region...tht should tell u its not religion..its regional

Is that why the Muslims in the north considers the one's in the south as fake? (I learnt the plan is to kill muslims in the south after killing non-muslim. And also a Muslim from the south cannot stand in front of the mosque(in the north) to lead prayers. Who is deceiving who?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 1:15am On Feb 01, 2013
NO LONG TIN: Interesting.... but these are not the question a non-muslim will ask.
The one that's silly, is the question about women covering their bodies - its an Arab culture because of dust/sand (desert). But I see some Nigerian girls dressing like them in this scorching heat, I only pity them.
If I was a lady and my husband tells me to cover my body like that, I'll tell him to do the same, because women chase/look at men these days (whats good for the goose is good for the gander).

Btw Is it just me or have you guys noticed that its ugly Muslim girls or girls with deformity (e.g skin problem, bad legs etc) that cover their bodies, like the Arabs. The sexy/beautiful ones cover their hair only (some of them)

Very ignorant comment, so being covered equals being ugly in your world. A lot of the ladies you seek to deride are above you in virtually everything. I guess nuns too are copying Arab Culture going by your pathetic reasoning.
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by maclatunji: 1:19am On Feb 01, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Is that why the Muslims in the north considers the one's in the south as fake? (I learnt the plan is to kill muslims in the south after killing non-muslim. And also a Muslim from the south cannot stand in front of the mosque(in the north) to lead prayers. Who is deceiving who?

Stop displaying such ignorance. You are the deceived one, do you have evidence of what you say? Of course not, only hearsay. Seriously, how ignorant can a single individual be?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by GooseBaba: 2:56am On Feb 01, 2013

I know some very reasonable muslims that can never resort to such but I believe they might now be heading towards being a minority within Islam.
I agree but one has to be at alert, just like any other place with hot heads.. You never can tell. Besides there are moderate Muslim that will justify the killing of an innocent person through the Koran, and with that same breath they will condemn the act..
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by alekuwodo(m): 3:15am On Feb 01, 2013
Allahu Akbar
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by vizboy(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2013
pure123: It's a nice write up...although this is not my toto, but afraid to be banned
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Subuhanalahi: 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
Alhamdulilahi
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by ehispapa(m): 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
this MOD is an idiot. why take it to front page if you dont want people to make comment? for ur information nairaland have derailed from its original purpose and i see it doing more harm to naija. but this MOD and the OP rae stupid for both the topic and the warn...Avoid being ban indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ? / Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls / "Ramadan Has Crippled Business,” Prostitutes Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.