Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

BB 10 will ground Blackberry - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BB 10 will ground Blackberry (31823 Views)

HTC 10 Will Be The Most Powerful Smartphone Ever / Blackberry Prepares To Update BB 10.2 With Support For Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean / Breaking News: Blackberry 10 Will Be Running Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by toluleke(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2013
confusion247: How do you mean BIS is not supported on BB 10 series?
you pay for data charges like normal java phones which you can use mb's
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by gabe: 8:28am On Feb 02, 2013
BB is preferred despite its low capacities because of the data plan. The 1500 or so monthly plan makes more sense than the data costs of better smartphones. if samsung, htc n co can get a user friendly data package for their users, I'll throw my bb away, even if its a curve 7
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by puppy2k(m): 8:31am On Feb 02, 2013
GUYS ..TAKE NOTE ...BB IS DEAD AND GONE LONG AGO ...WE ARE JUST CONSOLIDATING ON HIS DEATH...ITS A RIP THING ALREADY IN THE US AND CNANDA .I DONT SEE WHY NAIJA LIKE TO FORM OVER NOTHING...BB IS DEAD AND GONE ..BURIED AND ASHES TO ASHES...ABEG MAKE UNA LET PERSON REST FOR THIS THREAD ..BB STINKS..EVER SINCE I SANK MY BOLD 4 ..I DON DONE HEAR WORD WELL WELL ...ANDROID GS 3 ALL THE WAY !!!
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by repogirl(f): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2013
Piponomics:
Have you seen the galaxy note2? That's the biggest monster amongst smartphones. grin
Na there we dey migrate go o as soon as my extra 21days free BIS expires in March wink
Correct!!

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by gabe: 8:40am On Feb 02, 2013
puppy2k: GUYS ..TAKE NOTE ...BB IS DEAD AND GONE LONG AGO ...WE ARE JUST CONSOLIDATING ON HIS DEATH...ITS A RIP THING ALREADY IN THE US AND CNANDA .I DONT SEE WHY NAIJA LIKE TO FORM OVER NOTHING...BB IS DEAD AND GONE ..BURIED AND ASHES TO ASHES...ABEG MAKE UNA LET PERSON REST FOR THIS THREAD ..BB STINKS..EVER SINCE I SANK MY BOLD 4 ..I DON DONE HEAR WORD WELL WELL ...ANDROID GS 3 ALL THE WAY !!!
I think its because they have user friendly data plans in d US and Canada. BB is still breathing here because of BIS. I thot d 18k samsung phone was a china knockoff until I touched it. D speed eh! Image that with like 1k 3gig or more monthly data plan
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by talktimi(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2013
I still don't understand why android users keep bashing blackberry users, I mean not everybody drives a toyota, some people just prefer a mercedes or bmw. I know some people in this country who won't budge from nokia's symbian devices to save their life and you don't see anyone bashing them.
P.S if you know you're going to criticize someone for the type of phone he/she uses, I think its only proper you buy your prefered choice for that person. That Blackberry's shares have fallen doesn't mean any of you guys here have a share in any android phone manufacturing company. I use an Xperia S with my BB so don't waste your time insulting me too
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2013
sundaybam: Who cares, bis or no bis. I use bb for 7month and Am tired of the phone monthly salary Am currently using iphone 5 that's my new pet. I luv it than bb by far

liar.. u re tired of monthly salary but u bought iphone 5... iphone go fit maga ur 1500 in an hour.

2 Likes

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 02, 2013
sundaybam: Who cares, bis or no bis. I use bb for 7month and Am tired of the phone monthly salary Am currently using iphone 5 that's my new pet. I luv it than bb by far
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2013
ayodot: android anyday, android any time. for the fact that it open source, evolution is endless.
Pray make them no stop BIS oh, as I dey enjoy my BIS unlimited data for my android.

boss email me on how u do it. i mean d unlimited on android. fosheedop@yahoo.com

i use rooted galaxy s2
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 02, 2013
KazaaUpload:

More android users but that's partly because there are only three iPhone models on sale today (4, 4s, 5) vs probably more than 50 androids. So it's normal that the numbers using like those 50 phones all made by different manufacturers(like Samsung, Sony, Motorola, HTC etc) should be more than the numbers using just 3 handsets made by one company (Apple)

do u kno android have application dat can speed up processor.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2013
olatunji21: na waa oo Tecno don make life easy every cat and tommy nw use N3 dy boast say dem dy use Android....

dat phone tecno n3. dont downgrade it joor. my guy dey play hd games for dat phone. he speed upgraded his ram . avengers max payne .. . dats d plus for android d freedom to love-vendor ur phone to ur satisfaction
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 02, 2013
olatunji21: na waa oo Tecno don make life easy every cat and tommy nw use N3 dy boast say dem dy use Android....
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by lordZOUGA(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
BB OS 10 is cool (I am not a BB fanboy). It is very different from their former OSes. Most of those games or apps and hacks too.. people enjoy on other operating systems are coming to OS 10 too... Besides, it was confirmed that the beta version of the BB 10 was faster than the release version of Iphone5.
So, even if BIS is discontinued on it, it will just be a minor inconvenience for it.
The OS 10 was built upon a certain variant of the linux kernel. So thats like telling every evil genius "hack me".
This year should be interesting.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
ayodot: android anyday, android any time. for the fact that it open source, evolution is endless.
Pray make them no stop BIS oh, as I dey enjoy my BIS unlimited data for my android.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by TableLeg(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Who still uses BB?
This is 2013?
You will be surprised/shocked
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by TableLeg(m): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
Epic fail by RIM!
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by sleekman(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
This is a great miscalculation on the part of the BB management. Nigerians are on BB for the following reasons
1. Unlimited browsing
2. BB messenger

Now as far as unlimited browsing is concerned BB is going to lose at least 10% developing countries market share annually cos network providers are short changing their customers. If their thinking is that they want to make BBM accessible across platforms then their devices will suffer. They might as well turn out to be IBM that focused on services(software) instead of manufacturing hardware. IBM sold their hardware unit to Lenovo and as we speak Lenovo is the largest hardware manufacturer in the world. I feel they could have increased their server locations across the world and probably opened offices in core core markets. Having servers only in England, Canada and Korea did them no favours.
Second, They should have divided the markets into two. Developed and developing markets. Manufacture fones without BIS for developing markets and fones with BIS for developing markets. Their current strategy is doomed to fail. Even economists don't apply same policies used for developed markets for developing markets.

2 Likes

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by puppy2k(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
talktimi: I still don't understand why android users keep bashing blackberry users, I mean not everybody drives a toyota, some people just prefer a mercedes or bmw. I know some people in this country who won't budge from nokia's symbian devices to save their life and you don't see anyone bashing them.
P.S if you know you're going to criticize someone for the type of phone he/she uses, I think its only proper you buy your prefered choice for that person. That Blackberry's shares have fallen doesn't mean any of you guys here have a share in any android phone manufacturing company. I use an Xperia S with my BB so don't waste your time insulting me too

THROW THE BB AWAY AND STOP RECEIVING INSULTS ....IF THAT IS HOW YOU SEE IT ..
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by boles80sg(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
Picture of BB10 (z10)

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by boles80sg(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
Picture of Z10 with BIS

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Oluwaloshevy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
Arcard: Can iphone use sim card

no.....it uses atm card....see question o?

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by talktimi(m): 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
puppy2k:

THROW THE BB AWAY AND STOP RECEIVING INSULTS ....IF THAT IS HOW YOU SEE IT ..
See wahala o, did I complain that the insults were affecting me ? Mr man take your time because I only said the insults were unnecessary & if you and your cohorts were cultured enough, you would leave people to make their choices without trying to infringe on their rights to choose. Pathetic
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Vincent41(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
Also check this link
www.mobility.com.ng/blackberry-10-data-consumption-you-cannot-eat-your-cake-have-it/

come rain coms shine,me na symbian fone till i die

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by beatricewebb: 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
i hate black berry right from the unset because i cannot play good symbian adventure game on it and use better application as well as the salary subscription but with this latest development i gues it marks the coming to an end of BB an the curiosity of girls over it and i can now continue with my smart phones may be iphone 4.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by rman: 4:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
Thank God the kids are planning to dump blackberry phones. IT IS ACTUALLY TIME FOR ME TO GO BACK TO IT.

I like the Z10 specs.

I love my phone to be unique.

BYE BYE TO SAMSUNG S2 T989

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by caukerzee(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
rman: Thank God the kids are planning to dump blackberry phones. IT IS ACTUALLY TIME FOR ME TO GO BACK TO IT.

I like the Z10 specs.

I love my phone to be unique.

BYE BYE TO SAMSUNG S2 T989
By kids you mean?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by thimbook2(m): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
c'mon man, u can't be serious
whats with da heavy hype abt BB? in Naij?
if all u got's BB, ur missin' out!
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by amblors(m): 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
Vincent 4:

come rain coms shine,me na symbian fone till i die

Symbian. Wey don. Die?

Btw : clarification about the BIS issue on Crackberry - http://crackberry.com/no-you-dont-need-bis-plan-blackberry-10-phones

He says , a regular data lan would work just fine, and BIS would work too. But unlimited plans like those currently offered by etisalat and mtn may be a thing of the past
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
@OP, why didn't you get the right info before disseminating it to others. Do you hate the blackberry so much that you would even deceive people in other to make sure that they fail?..

I just got this off the 'crackberry' site, BIS will still work on BB10 , and for those interested in the normal Data plan it will work too. The only set of people that require a special plan are those using the BES(blackberry enterprise service).

The blackberry10 series also uses a micro-sim-card. So for those getting it, keep that in mind.

@others(Droid boys and the apple fan boys) The BB10 has lot of promise and potential. And it doesn't matter the amount of hate you spit all over the internet, if all goes down well, the Blackberry is gonna come up again as a great contender to the iOS, WP8 and Android. So, why not let us all stay tuned and see how things are gonna turn up.

The reviews I have read about the new phone has been wonderful so far, and I really do hope that the BB10 brings back the old glory of the blackberry. smiley

2 Likes

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by hamsay(m): 1:50am On Feb 03, 2013
Yeah. I think this is a good decision made by blackberry. I feel all fine if BBM and other downloads will work using a data bundle as in other mobile phones. But paying the weekly or monthly bill is so annoying. Now BB are getting wise. Thanks for that experience.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by samir101ng(m): 2:12am On Feb 03, 2013
@Oluafolabi,

Nice response my brother. I am a Blackberry User & I must say how proud I am at Blackberry for accomplishing the launch of the BB10 OS. Yes, BBRY dropped the ball a few years ago when they lagged behind in terms of innovation & content on their devices. But a lot has changed wince then. We have a new CEO & his team, a new OS (BB10) and two new flagship devices. Now for those doubting thomases and prophets of doom all shouting about of the end of BBRY, I say hold your peace. Nobody is forcing you to buy their products. Yes, BBRY is just releasing the first generation of a new device & OS and may have some more work to do but they have accomplished a lot and due credit must be given to them. Comparing them to Android or Iphone is not giving them the right comparisons. The Original iphone & Google Nexus all had a lot of time & work put into before reaching where they are now. BB10 is now just coming into the same category. The second generation phones am sure will have more improved hardware. As for the BIS issue, it's a tough call to make I must honestly say. The new BB10 like the other mobile OS has a higher data consumption rate than the old BB OS and therefore cannot afford to tunnel all data needs through the BIS infrastructure. The BIS plan will still be used but am sure it will be modified in some way for the BB10 OS. The BB Z10 & Q10 will sell well. With over 80 Million subscribers worldwide with more than half ready to upgrade their devices, the phones will surely have an impact. Go to Slot everyday and see the thousand's of BB been sold daily.

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by henry007(m): 3:33am On Feb 03, 2013
amblors:

Symbian. Wey don. Die?

Btw : clarification about the BIS issue on Crackberry - http://crackberry.com/no-you-dont-need-bis-plan-blackberry-10-phones

He says , a regular data lan would work just fine, and BIS would work too. But unlimited plans like those currently offered by etisalat and mtn may be a thing of the past
[size=18pt]
Thanks for this link, I was going to post it until I saw your post.Although what crackberry Kevin said was that thesocial(bbm only) plans would be redundant and a company in the US would not be offering the unlimited plan because LTE gulps data blablabla. Nigerian networks on the other hand don't offer lte so nothing to worry about, BIS is here to stay....be it unlimited or complete plan[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One. / 3 Reasons Why Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp! / This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.