Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55388 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uniquexty: thanks. But the only character i introduced was mrs Ajoke.

Oooopss, my bad. Had to go back to check the origin of JayB and Jack.

Mehn, I'm loosing grasp of this story line! Had to start all over to read it again.

Nice work all the same.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ishilove has said it all...however, I'd disagree that her use of the word 'badder' is wrong. The word 'badder' could be used metaphorically, and mostly to emphasize humour and degree of a complicated situation. Grammatically, it isn't advisable for the use of a student sitting for SSCE, but a fiction writer could be excused. Liberty thingy grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Short time interval thinqy, i culdn't hav done beta
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
So in essence you guys are saying I should wait a little before reading the new update
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Uniquexty(f): 6:00am On Mar 13, 2013
Alright. I wil make adjustments later today. Thanks @Ishi. But i didnt write that Lucan was shot at Mr. Ibe's huz. JayB sent d team 2 also check out Mr.Ibe's death. The limping man has already been seen with Jack. He was marked because of dat picture. If he has dat pix, then he saw more dan d snapping. Cant HBG do d killing? My work is already long. I really dnt understand wot u mean by reversing my chapter. But i wil reread what i wrote cos i did d writing in a hurry and thumbing of heart. Even at d time i told Larry dat d work was ready, i didnt even knw wot d first paragraph was. So pls sorry. Btw, d next writer has seen d changes i'v bin asked to make. Can't she start work?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2013
Uniquexty: Alright. I wil make adjustments later today. Thanks @Ishi. But i didnt write that Lucan was shot at Mr. Ibe's huz. JayB sent d team 2 also check out Mr.Ibe's death. The limping man has already been seen with Jack. He was marked because of dat picture. If he has dat pix, then he saw more dan d snapping. Cant HBG do d killing? My work is already long. I really dnt understand wot u mean by reversing my chapter. But i wil reread what i wrote cos i did d writing in a hurry and thumbing of heart. Even at d time i told Larry dat d work was ready, i didnt even knw wot d first paragraph was. So pls sorry. Btw, d next writer has seen d changes i'v bin asked to make. Can't she start work?
I can't start work with all the changes you are supposed to make, wait; what picture are you talking about? The picture that Jack had left on his laptop/ the one he wanted to sketch was that of Ayodele. The 300 level student with the missing rib right?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Uniquexty: Alright. I wil make adjustments later today. Thanks @Ishi. But i didnt write that Lucan was shot at Mr. Ibe's huz. JayB sent d team 2 also check out Mr.Ibe's death. The limping man has already been seen with Jack. He was marked because of dat picture. If he has dat pix, then he saw more dan d snapping. Cant HBG do d killing? My work is already long. I really dnt understand wot u mean by reversing my chapter. But i wil reread what i wrote cos i did d writing in a hurry and thumbing of heart. Even at d time i told Larry dat d work was ready, i didnt even knw wot d first paragraph was. So pls sorry. Btw, d next writer has seen d changes i'v bin asked to make. Can't she start work?
The limping man hasn't been seen with Jack, yet. The person who Jack took a picture of is the late Ayodele.

I didn't say 'reverse'. I mean 'revise'. That is, look through your work and make corrections. smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 7:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Ishilove has said it all...however, I'd disagree that her use of the word 'badder' is wrong. The word 'badder' could be used metaphorically, and mostly to emphasize humour and degree of a complicated situation. Grammatically, it isn't advisable for the use of a student sitting for SSCE, but a fiction writer could be excused. Liberty thingy grin
grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Another thing I saw last night, Chapter2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 have some grammatical errors that were pointes out but were never fixed.

Frank here
(Lucan was just 3inchis taller than his father who was 5ft 3inchis.) Inches is the right word

( The 29years old young man) get rid of the "s" please

(
“Mnnn, still on boxer, I bet you haven’t even brushed your teeth.”) "In" instead of on

(He stretched his and back, the pain was subsiding.) I don't think the "and" in that sentence is needed.

Since Redmosquito is nolonger a part of this I think Larry should ask Cuddlemii for permission to edit that post, or Cuddlemii edit it for us. Thanks

Morning all
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Uniquexty(f): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove:
The limping man hasn't been seen with Jack, yet. The person who Jack took a picture of is the late Ayodele.

I didn't say 'reverse'. I mean 'revise'. That is, look through your work and make corrections. smiley
thats my 2nd portion before the last. The man jack met on his way to his office, i think i mentioned he was limping? I'l sure correct the boy to man
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2013
I used to think that Ayomide was disguising as the limping man, now that Ayomide is dead, I guess I was wrong. So, the limping man hasn't been given an identity yet, right? The HIM...what's his name again?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by FoxyUltimate(m): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2013
**Passing by chewing Kilishi and kunu**

Good morning y'all
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I used to think that Ayomide was disguising as the limping man, now that Ayomide is dead, I guess I was wrong. So, the limping man hasn't been given an identity yet, right? The HIM...what's his name again?
HIM doesn't have a name yet.

I have always known Ayomide and the Limping Man are two different characters because:

Ayo is anti-social and a geek.

The limping man has a certain suave confidence which Ayo lacked.

The limping man is also a professional, unlike Ayo.

The next writers should shed more light on why an anti-social, forex trading geek was chosen to be an assasin.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 8:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:
lol... I kinda diferentiated the limping man from Ayodele in chapter 6 when I introduced him.

As for HIM, let's leave that for latter writers to give him an identity that is true to the hype that has been built around him already. grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: lol... I kinda diferentiated the limping man from Ayodele in chapter 6 when I introduced him.

As for HIM, let's leave that for latter writers to give him an identity that is true to the hype that has been built around him already. grin
You well done with this Him character angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 8:23am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove:
The next writers should shed more light on why an anti-social, forex trading geek was chosen to be an assasin.
lol... Because e badt gan! cool tongue
So glad he is out of the pic. They almost made him a professional Jack the Ripper grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove:
You well done with this Him character angry
Thank you... Thank you! *takes a bow* cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove:
A fictitious hero should have a vice while a villain a virtue...I guess Forex trading is Ayomide's virtue. Or is it vice?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 8:43am On Mar 13, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: **Passing by chewing Kilishi and kunu**

Good morning y'all
Oya giv me my own na now
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 8:53am On Mar 13, 2013
Pyguru don attack person again grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: Pyguru don attack person again grin
Lmao!! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by frank317: 9:19am On Mar 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Another thing I saw last night, Chapter2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 have some grammatical errors that were pointes out but were never fixed.

Frank here
(Lucan was just 3inchis taller than his father who was 5ft 3inchis.) Inches is the right word

( The 29years old young man) get rid of the "s" please

(
“Mnnn, still on boxer, I bet you haven’t even brushed your teeth.”) "In" instead of on

(He stretched his and back, the pain was subsiding.) I don't think the "and" in that sentence is needed.

Since Redmosquito is nolonger a part of this I think Larry should ask Cuddlemii for permission to edit that post, or Cuddlemii edit it for us. Thanks

Morning all

effected the changes u suggested, thanx

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:40am On Mar 13, 2013
It seems like all the writers are going on a killing spree. There is scarcely a chapter that doesn't have one character or the other being killed. Our murderous intents are taken out on the poor pens and papers. grin The plot thickens though.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 9:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Read the upload.

Nice work, owing to the fact that you had less time.

However, you introduced a lot of new characters. Merging this new characters with the numerous ones already created made your work a little bit complex.

There are few scenes that needs more explanations: you introduced a Mrs Ajoke, and then made her almost omni-science.
Sharon was supposed to be a barrister, the 'rib' explanations was a little bit out of place.
You made our 'almighty' HIM look just like any other common character.

There are typos and some grammatical errors; I was equally guilty of this, so I will let Larry and Ishi have a field day in that section.

Once again, good work.

#...you killed Ayodele, in a bizarre way! What's with you guys and murder? Y'all need Jesus!..#
she didnt introduce more than one character, just like we have discovered.

larrysun, not all writers are masters of all genres.

her update is to me better, if deleted.

as in it fall short of the previous standards.
uniquesty, i might not b frequent in this section but have always followed this story.

for the fact that you made mention of HIM in an ordinary manner killed my joy.

my cents is that it shou,d be deleted.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove: Nice work Unix,considering you had a very short time to work. Thumbs up. smiley

My observations:
Some typos. The one I can remember is- 'staring', not starring.

Wrong usage of verbs. E.g- "Jack 'jammed' his hands on his thighs.' You stick your appendages into places. E.g Jack's foot was jammed between the door and the wall.

'Jack slapped his thighs in excitement' will be better. Consider revising.

'David bombed into something'- the right verb is 'bumped'. A bomb is a noun, 'bump' could be a noun, adjective or verb, but in the context in which it is used, it is a verb. You bump into things, while you bomb things. KABOOM!!! grin

Wrong use of comparatives- 'this is badder than I thought.' Very wrong.

Good, better, best. Bad, worse, worst. So 'worse' is what should be in that sentence. Unless na Engli-igbo you dey talk. grin

Storyline confusion- Sharon is a barrister, but her medical knowledge is above the layman's knowledge. An explanation on how she knows so much about the human anatomy is needed.

'Sharon poked the corpse's ribs with her gloved hands'. Why are her hands gloved? Where did the gloves come from? At what point did she wear the gloves?

Please read chapter six,seven and eight very carefully. Lucan was not shot in Ibe's house. Osborne road is where Koko bought a house for Amina. In chapter 8, Lucan wakes up in Amina's house in Osborne road. The shooting takes place in Amina's house. Two days later, Ibe and his wife are killed in their house in the GRA. LUCAN could not possibly have been shot in in Ibe's house because he was already in hospital, fighting for his life. The policemen discussing in chapter 8 confirmed this.

Kabon Tijani did not call the policemen. The policemen were already present when he arrived Osborne road. We shall assume they were called in by concerned neighbours who heard the sound of shots coming from Amina's house.

Lucan is no longer a fugitive. He is now under police custody again, that's why his colleagues were more concerned about him than the shooting. They even helped Kabon load Lucan into the vehicle and drove him to the hospital.

'The limping boy was grinning'-Please note that the limping character is not a boy, he is a man. He is first introduced in chapter six in the mortuary. He makes a reappearance in chapters 7 and 8. He uses the code 'Rain check'. I think this character should be developed because he is an angel of death; wherever he shows up, he leaves dead bodies behind.

Also note that the identity of Madam K has been revealed in chapter 8. In addition, any person that can make a serving honourable member of government quake with fear must be a very powerful person. HIM is not your ordinary, next-door villain.

Consider revising your chapter because it doesn't sync with the preceding chapters.

However, you did good because you worked under short notice, so kudos to you. smiley
it takes just another follow up to restor the deed she sealed
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:
It seems like all the writers are going on a killing spree. There is scarcely a chapter that doesn't have one character or the other being killed. Our murderous intents are taken out on the poor pens and papers. grin The plot thickens though.
as in eh... The ladies are scaring me. First madam Efe killed Tracy, then madam Ishi killed Mr and Mrs Ibu, now madam Xty has killed Ayodele. Only male killing was by Mr Sigmund.

Statistics:
-6 male and 3 female writers have submitted so far.
-Killings by female writers=4
-Killings by male writers=1
-All female writers that have written so far, have killed at least one character.

Conclusion:
*shivers at the thought*

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2013
channel 190: [color=green]she didnt introduce more than one character, just like we have discovered.

uniquesty, i might not b frequent in this section but have always followed this story.

nah... It should only be edited. I think she should relax and read everything again, from chapter one, slowly, and try to touch certain parts of her post.

She did well in my opinion, considering the short notice and the pressure to perform.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 10:09am On Mar 13, 2013
channel 190: she didnt introduce more than one character, just like we have discovered.

This I think is very discouraging why not give her idea on how she should have gone and if possible edit other than saying it should be deleted or do you think is as easy writing as to we reading. grin grin grin
from this end you did well unique cool cool ,going with the advice and suggestion will make it far better than it stands.that's not to say i wasn't impress though
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2013
channel 190: she didnt introduce more than one character, just like we have discovered.

I'll go with Oahray on this. Let's allow her to edit the work. Beheading is not the cure for headache. The lady really tried, I must say. She just needs to revisit some few irrregularities in the plotting (which dear Ishilove has kindly outlined).
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Jumizie13(f): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: nah... It should only be edited. I think she should relax and read everything again, from chapter one, slowly, and try to touch certain parts of her post.

She did well in my opinion, considering the short notice and the pressure to perform.
i agree with you. Deleting it will only discourage her. So i tink the work should be edited. 10ks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by channel190(m): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: nah... It should only be edited. I think she should relax and read everything again, from chapter one, slowly, and try to touch certain parts of her post.

we the audience ebi readers can wait for the end time to get a close shot at the best from you writers.

let her read from chapter one, and see the usefulness and reason behind every created characters.

she will then have noticed where the climate pointer is at the moment, shifting the pointer from any present speculations will only raise the tempo, curiocity, suspense, and will improve tense in plot.

however care is to taken when shifting a pointer, it must always go up but when otherwise it must stop at a suspense, dat what the chicks have always done here.

she should learn the ropes of the detection club

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (76) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.