Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142693 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
JIL:

Hypocrite! You arrogantly asked someone to summarise their article but you shamelessly refused to do so yourself.

I asked you to summarise but did you make the same request? All you needed to do is to have asked politely and I would have obliged you. Anyway, read this excerpt as it sums it all up.

This immediately raises the question: “Why?” How is it possible that somebody who has given his life to Christ can withhold their financial gifts from Him? I have heard many excuses or explanations for this. The most common is the assertion that the tithe is part of the Old Testament law that has passed away with the coming of the New Testament. This statement is made routinely in spite of the complete lack of New Testament evidence for it. Nowhere in the New Testament does it teach us that the principle of the tithe has been abrogated. The New Testament does teach us, however, that the new covenant is superior to the old covenant. It is a covenant that gives more blessings to us than the old covenant did. It is a covenant that with its manifold blessings imposes greater responsibilities than the Old Testament did. If anything, the structure of the new covenant requires a greater commitment to financial stewardship before God than that which was required in the old covenant. That is to say, the starting point of Christian giving is the tithe. The tithe is not an ideal that only a few people reach but rather should be the base minimum from which we progress.

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/will-man-rob-god/
Re: Tithes And Offerings by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
what is the meaning of all this rubbish u are writing here?

Who are u trying to decieve in this 21st century
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Giving and Receiving

"Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only." (Philippians 4:15)

As Paul went on his missionary journeys, he never asked for money for himself from the people to whom he preached. He later wrote to the Thessalonians, "because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God" (1 Thessalonians 2:9). He did stress the teaching of Christ that "the labourer is worthy of his reward." (1 Timothy 5:18; Luke 10:7) and that "even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel" (1 Corinthians 9:14). But he himself said: "I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me" (1 Corinthians 9:15).

Thus he was especially moved when the impoverished Christians at Philippi, without being asked, "sent once and again unto my necessity" (Philippians 4:16), and they were the only ones who did! This act of generous concern came about, Paul recognised, because they "first gave their own selves to the Lord" (2 Corinthians 8:5). As a result, Paul could assure them: "My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). Not only their material need, but every need.

They had learned a wonderful truth that every Christian needs to learn. As Paul told the Ephesian elders: "Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35). Therefore, let each of us give in His name, "not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:7-8 ). HMM

For more . . . .

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
^ Seems you repented! Giving and receiving is what you should be teaching Christians in the first place rather than former. I hope you wash your heart and hand clean from this tithe thing - It has no place in the New Covenant.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
EMILO2STAY:

what is the meaning of all this rubbish u are writing here?

Who are u trying to decieve in this 21st century

Is this not the person questioning the validity of the Holy Ghost fire? shocked

Do you now have the answer to your question?

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Is this not the person questioning the validity of the Holy Ghost fire? shocked

Do you now have the answer to your question?
another instrment of scam i tire for una o
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
christemmbassey:

You have not answered my question, you guys claimed that tithe predate the law, abi? The question is tell me -when did God command Abraham , Isaac or Jacob or Isreal to pay tithes, how many times did Abraham et al paid tithes and to whom? Remain blessed

Since you can't or wouldn't take the pain to study your bible, let me list the references of some of those who believed in paying their tithes before and during the law and see how the principles have influenced the church. Take out your bible and find out the answers to your questions above.

Abraham (Genesis 14:20; Heb.7:1-11)

Jacob (Gen.28:22)

Levi in Abraham (Heb.7:9)

Hezekiah and Israel (2 Chronicles 31)

Hypocrites (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42; 18:12)

Christians (1 Corinthians 9:7-14; 16:2; 2 Cor. 8:1-15; Gal. 6:6; 1 Tim. 5:17-18; Heb.7)

If you study your bible very well you will discover that there is no where in the Scriptures that mentions a substitute programme for tithing in the New Testament.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gcares(m): 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
My heart is filled with Joy to see that quite a number of the contributors have come to realize that trickery been practised by some preachers in name of tithes and offerings just for the sake of filthy lucre.May The Spirit of Truth continue to set His Children free from the shackle of financial oppression.But truth be told there are genuine God needs out there that demands taking care of ,THE LIVING YHWH is still instructing His people to do things for HIM just as HE instructed Moses in the desert to build him a temple. This same God instructed King David of old not to build Him a temple though David desired to do so eagerly. wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
Gcares:

My heart is filled with Joy to see that quite a number of the contributors have come to realize that trickery been practised by some preachers in name of tithes and offerings just for the sake of filthy lucre.May The Spirit of Truth continue to set His Children free from the shackle of financial oppression.But truth be told there are genuine God needs out there that demands taking care of ,THE LIVING YHWH is still instructing His people to do things for HIM just as HE instructed Moses in the desert to build him a temple. This same God instructed King David of old not to build Him a temple though David desired to do so eagerly. wink

Your heart is filled with joy to see people stealing from God? May God have mercy on you. Majority don't always get it right. One with God is a majority as the antidiluvians found out. 8 people voted Yes while the rest of the world voted No. Guess who was right at the end of the day?

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Your heart is filled with joy to see people stealing from God? May God have mercy on you. Majority don't always get it right. One with God is a majority as the antidiluvians found out. 8 people voted Yes while the rest of the world voted No. Guess who was right at the end of the day?

Her heart is filled with Joy to see the LIE perpetuated by false teachers and their followers exposed.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
Whenever tithe advocates quote matthew 23:23 to support tithe,i ask them to start reading from mathew 23:1-3 which goes thus '1.Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2.Saying, the scribes and the pharisees sit in moses seat: 3.All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;but do not ye after their works:for they say, and do not'.

If verse 23 says we as christians should pay tithe,then verse 3 says we should also obey all the laws of moses and there are 613 of them.

I still find it strange and fraudlent
that no single tithe advocate ever uses Deut 14:22-29 as a support since it is a more detailed treatise on tithe regulations as given to moses.could it be that tithe practice today is a horrible misrepresentation and distortion of what the law even said(assuming christians still have to obey laws of moses for salvation)? at times i wonder if our pastors are ignorant or plain deceitful

for the records,i did not read anywhere on this thread where anybody said NOT TO GIVE TO GOD'S WORK.the argument is are we under legalism on this issue simply because mammon is involved?there are also curses for not obeying the law of the sabbath which is actually the first ordinance to be hallowed by God(Gen 2:3).Why are you pastors here not harping on that?it also predates the law you know.Goshen pointed out a big church in the USA that does not collect tithes and they are still doing well so dont be scared you'll go hungry if tithe stops.

I'm even shocked that a Deeperlife pastor is the main protagonist here.I was at Deeperlife retreat in Dec 2012 and my phone here contains all the messages preached by Kumuyi during the programme.I can't remember him preaching about tithe like this.

Read Acts 15:10 and learn not to put a yoke on God's heritage

@Jil, i was really moved by all your write ups.Dont let anyone push you to getting personal.

God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Jesus came to give the proper interpretation of the Moral laws of God as we see in the article below:

Weighty Matters

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone" (Matthew 23:23).

This particular "woe" among the eight in Matthew 23 is often only partially proclaimed. Usually, sermons are delivered about the "judgment, mercy, and faith" that are indeed the "weightier matters of the law"--but Christ's somewhat offhand remark on the responsibility to tithe is either ignored or downplayed.

Surely the legalistic and public display of "obedience" to the law is condemned by Jesus. He rebuked these same men for their desire to show their spirituality. "Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men" (Matthew 6:2). But Jesus also said in our text that they "ought . . . to have done" the tithing of their wealth.

The condemnation is that this kind of hypocrite seeks only his name in a bulletin, or a plaque on a wall, or a brick in a walkway, or a wing in a hospital or museum, and is indifferent to the quiet, background work of ministry that doles out judgment, mercy, and faith.

Jesus measures "weightier matters" this way: "I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me" (Matthew 25:35-36). "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" (Matthew 25:40).

If we wish to honour and please our Lord, He expects us to do both: faithful tithes and offerings, and judgment, mercy, and faith. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Since you can't or wouldn't take the pain to study your bible, let me list the references of some of those who believed in paying their tithes before and during the law and see how the principles have influenced the church. Take out your bible and find out the answers to your questions above.

Abraham (Genesis 14:20; Heb.7:1-11)

Jacob (Gen.28:22)

Levi in Abraham (Heb.7:9)

Hezekiah and Israel (2 Chronicles 31)

Hypocrites (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42; 18:12)

Christians (1 Corinthians 9:7-14; 16:2; 2 Cor. 8:1-15; Gal. 6:6; 1 Tim. 5:17-18; Heb.7)

If you study your bible very well you will discover that there is no where in the Scriptures that mentions a substitute programme for tithing in the New Testament.
1. Abraham never paid tith, he gave 'a tenth' of the spoils to melchizedck, when the latter met him on his way back from war, in appreciation for the gesture and it was not an instituted practice, Isaac never paid, Jacob vowed to give 'a tenth' of what God will bless him with, eventhough its not recorded how he did it but was again just once in a life time not every week, or month or year, let me tell you Abraham, Isaac, jacob had no priests to resort to, they were priests by themselves and normally offered their own sacrifice, that was why Abraham attempued to offer Isaac by himrelf nnt tro some priest. The children of Isreal tro out their sorjourn in Egypt never had resort to any priest until the law, that was why at passover each man sacrifice his own lamb and applied the blood on their door posts even Moses or Aeron did not do it for them, so where, how and to whom did they pay the tith to. Appart from those during levitical priesthood nobody paid ,tith' befor the law and nobody paid after the law.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
Candour: Whenever tithe advocates quote matthew 23:23 to support tithe,i ask them to start reading from mathew 23:1-3 which goes thus '1.Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2.Saying, the scribes and the pharisees sit in moses seat: 3.All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;but do not ye after their works:for they say, and do not'.

If verse 23 says we as christians should pay tithe,then verse 3 says we should also obey all the laws of moses and there are 613 of them.

I still find it strange and fraudlent
that no single tithe advocate ever uses Deut 14:22-29 as a support since it is a more detailed treatise on tithe regulations as given to moses.could it be that tithe practice today is a horrible misrepresentation and distortion of what the law even said(assuming christians still have to obey laws of moses for salvation)? at times i wonder if our pastors are ignorant or plain deceitful

for the records,i did not read anywhere on this thread where anybody said NOT TO GIVE TO GOD'S WORK.the argument is are we under legalism on this issue simply because mammon is involved?there are also curses for not obeying the law of the sabbath which is actually the first ordinance to be hallowed by God(Gen 2:3).Why are you pastors here not harping on that?it also predates the law you know.Goshen pointed out a big church in the USA that does not collect tithes and they are still doing well so dont be scared you'll go hungry if tithe stops.

I'm even shocked that a Deeperlife pastor is the main protagonist here.I was at Deeperlife retreat in Dec 2012 and my phone here contains all the messages preached by Kumuyi during the programme.I can't remember him preaching about tithe like this.

Read Acts 15:10 and learn not to put a yoke on God's heritage

@Jil, i was really moved by all your write ups.Dont let anyone push you to getting personal.

God bless us all
God bless you my brother, pls there is war against stomach-inspired gospel, pls join us online/offline, but we dont abuse, curse or insult but we seek and speak the truth to set the captives free.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
christemmbassey: God bless you my brother, pls there is war against stomach-inspired gospel, pls join us online/offline, but we dont abuse, curse or insult but we seek and speak the truth to set the captives free.

My dear brother,i was overjoyed to learn you're a pastor who does not burden his flock with the lies and guilt of tithe.I'm with you all in contending for the faith for which Paul and others paid the supreme price.Ever since i stumbled on Deut 14:22-29 after almost 25 yrs of paying tithe without knowing what tithe meant,i have decided to help liberate other brethren from the guilt trap.

God bless you plenty
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
Candour:

My dear brother,i was overjoyed to learn you're a pastor who does not burden his flock with the lies and guilt of tithe.I'm with you all in contending for the faith for which Paul and others paid the supreme price.Ever since i stumbled on Deut 14:22-29 after almost 25 yrs of paying tithe without knowing what tithe meant,i have decided to help liberate other brethren from the guilt trap.

God bless you plenty
tith is bondage and death, the moment you pay tith you have rejected Jesus and all what he did, remember lt was the tith collectors that actually kill Jesus. The priests/high priests.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
christemmbassey: tith is bondage and death, the moment you pay tith you have rejected Jesus and all what he did, remember lt was the tith collectors that actually kill Jesus. The priests/high priests.

You're indeed a man of God! You just reminded us.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
See how these anti tithes gang have rushed back to this thread with their tails under the legs after potentpraise has scripturally dealt with them! Our Lord Jesus Christ equally dealt with the scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy. They can easily swallow camels but strain at a gnat.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
-- Matthew 23:23-24

They say that you should give offerings which is much more than tithes but they cry wolf when tithes is mentioned. Jesus approved of tithes in the verse above and His knowledge of the counsel and mind of God in all matters cannot be questioned except you are a present day scribe and Pharisee who would balk at tithes but swallow offerings and call it gatherings or donations as long as it is not called tithes.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
^ The next thing is you'll run to get another article when questioned to explain certain things.

OLAADEGBU:
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [size=20pt]matters of the law[/size], judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel - Matthew 23:23-24

They say that you should give offerings which is much more than tithes but they cry wolf when tithes is mentioned. Jesus approved of tithes in the verse above and His knowledge of the counsel and mind of God in all matters cannot be questioned except you are a present day scribe and Pharisee who would balk at tithes but swallow offerings and call it gatherings or donations as long as it is not called tithes.

^
Okay. Given that it is true Jesus approved tithe. I give you that as a bonus for purpose of reasoning the scriptures. Under what did Jesus approved tithe? Isn't it clear from the very scriptures you quoted that it is a matter of the law NO?

Who are the people paying tithe in that context? Christians or scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Goshen360:

^ The next thing is you'll run to get another article when questioned to explain certain things.

Since you asked for it let me furnish you with a befitting one on what our Lord said on blind guides.

Blind Guides

"Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor" (Matthew 23:16).

The 23rd chapter of Matthew contains some harsh denunciations as Jesus delivers the eight "woe's." Even the Greek word is a bit eerie; it is pronounced "oo-ah-ee!" Can you imagine this series of stern admonitions delivered to the faces of these self-righteous manipulators of truth? "Oo-ah-ee you scribes and Pharisees and Sadducees, hypocrites!" It must have given chills to everyone there.

The blindness that Jesus was condemning has both a practical and spiritual impact. Obviously, if one does not understand simple truth, the result is going to be either embarrassing or painful. "They be blind leaders of the blind," Jesus said. "And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch" (Matthew 15:14).

The great Creator of the universe knows best how to guide His creation. If we, the stewards (Genesis 1:28), do not know or understand the Creator's instructions, we are bound to get into trouble. That "truth blindness" often results in "blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel," (Matthew 23:24).

But the greater blindness is spiritual. Peter listed attributes on how to grow in faith and gain assurance. Then he advised, "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins" (2 Peter 1:9).

In His messages to the seven churches, Jesus warned Laodicea, "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (Revelation 3:17). His counsel: "Buy of me gold . . . and white raiment . . . and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see" (Revelation 3:18 ). HMM III

For more . . . .

Goshen360:

^
Okay. Given that it is true Jesus approved tithe. I give you that as a bonus for purpose of reasoning the scriptures. Under what did Jesus approved tithe? Isn't it clear from the very scriptures you quoted that it is a matter of the law NO?

Who are the people paying tithe in that context? Christians or scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites?

Where you are missing the point is that you erroneosly believe and teach that we are not responsible for keeping the Moral Law. Jesus came to give us the proper understanding of the Moral Law. What He teaches He gives us grace to practise if we are willing and obedient. He says, Go and sin no more and the grace to sin no more is given. In the NT we have more responsibilities than those in the OT. Responsibility comes with freedom.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
^ Please stop dancing around. I'm not dancing around here. My question is straight forward. Just answer in all honesty without lifting another man'a article to answer me. It is you and I that is talking here. Again, the question is,

1. Given that Jesus approved of tithe, is it a matter of the law or NOT ?

2. Who are the people paying tithe in that context? Christians or scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites?

Just answer those two questions then we can start talking about Moral Law or NOT - That will give us focus on the subject.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Please stop dancing around. I'm not dancing around here. My question is straight forward. Just answer in all honesty without lifting another man'a article to answer me. It is you and I that is talking here. Again, the question is,

1. Given that Jesus approved of tithe, is it a matter of the law or NOT ?

2. Who are the people paying tithe in that context? Christians or scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites?

Just answer those two questions then we can start talking about Moral Law or NOT - That will give us focus on the subject.

As long as you fail to see that Jesus didn't come to break the Moral Law you will continue to dance around in your vicious cycle. I'll leave you with this excerpt as I've got to go.

This immediately raises the question: “Why?” How is it possible that somebody who has given his life to Christ can withhold their financial gifts from Him? I have heard many excuses or explanations for this. The most common is the assertion that the tithe is part of the Old Testament law that has passed away with the coming of the New Testament. This statement is made routinely in spite of the complete lack of New Testament evidence for it. Nowhere in the New Testament does it teach us that the principle of the tithe has been abrogated. The New Testament does teach us, however, that the new covenant is superior to the old covenant. It is a covenant that gives more blessings to us than the old covenant did. It is a covenant that with its manifold blessings imposes greater responsibilities than the Old Testament did. If anything, the structure of the new covenant requires a greater commitment to financial stewardship before God than that which was required in the old covenant. That is to say, the starting point of Christian giving is the tithe. The tithe is not an ideal that only a few people reach but rather should be the base minimum from which we progress.

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/will-man-rob-god/

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 12:07am On Feb 14, 2013
^ You see, everyone is reading you. I just said it that you'll go get article to answer me. Simply question, no answer. If you like, go sleep, when you return to this thread, you'll still need to answer those questions. Good night!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 12:23am On Feb 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU: See how these anti tithes gang have rushed back to this thread with their tails under the legs after potentpraise has scripturally dealt with them! Our Lord Jesus Christ equally dealt with the scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy. They can easily swallow camels but strain at a gnat.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and [b]not to leave the other undone[/b]. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
-- Matthew 23:23-24

@the bolded, can you explain what ''not to leave the other undone'' in verse 23 means and please relate it to matthew 23:1-3?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Snowwy: 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: Brother Snowwy,

Are you gonna answer my question or not
If you open your eyes well enough, you will see where i answered you on that thread.

Goshen360: Given that it is true Jesus approved tithe. I give you that as a bonus for purpose of reasoning the scriptures.
You give someone bonus for quoting the same scripture you have spent pages going against? So you accept Jesus approved tithe?
You mean Jesus approved tithe and this was further validated in I Cor. 9:14 and you keep bringing up arguments against it?
This is classic.

Look, Goshen, we can both discuss on the lots of topics in the bible but on this (with your current mindset) we won't agree

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
Snowwy:
If you open your eyes well enough, you will see where i answered you on that thread.

You give someone bonus for quoting the same scripture you have spent pages going against? So you accept Jesus approved tithe?
You mean Jesus approved tithe and this was further validated in I Cor. 9:14 and you keep bringing up arguments against it?
This is classic.

Look, Goshen, we can both discuss on the lots of topics in the bible but on this (with your current mindset) we won't agree

You see what I was talking about? Go on and on with you tithing lies. Everywhere tithing is instructed, it was specific and mentioned. You're here quoting 1 Cor. 9:14, Did Apostle Paul ever used the word tithe in that context? Your mind is closed and anything we discuss is already made up in your mind so why bother wasting time with you. However, whenever you people come up with this tithe lies, we will be here to confront you guys.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I have enjoyed this thread tremendously - I have also noticed the flippant use of false doctrine delivered with clever antics. please carry on, it benefits humanity to be wiser than not.

I shall reconnoiter shortly.. this battle-field looks bloodless wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Andybaby: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
i gave my tithes for 2 months (Nov & Dec) to 2 different people that told me they were in despirate need. I have repented of that. I pay my tithe now to God's storehouse

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Andy-baby:
i gave my tithes for 2 months (Nov & Dec) to 2 different people that told me they were in despirate need. I have repented of that. I pay my tithe now to God's storehouse

What and where is the storehouse sir?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Snowwy: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

You see what I was talking about? Go on and on with you tithing lies. Everywhere tithing is instructed, it was specific and mentioned. You're here quoting 1 Cor. 9:14, Did Apostle Paul ever used the word tithe in that context? Your mind is closed and anything we discuss is already made up in your mind so why bother wasting time with you. However, whenever you people come up with this tithe lies, we will be here to confront you guys.

The only tithe lies are see here are those peddled against tithe.

I showed you something above which you cautiously avoided but I bring it again and let us hear your answer.

Goshen360:

No, na ogogoro I drink grin Tenth part is NOT tithe. You need lecture. It's already going on in the other thread! grin

Heb. 7:2_To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

Heb. 7:6_But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Who was lying above? Note it is between the bible quote and you?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
^
And you answered my very own question too? You don't answer other's questions but wants others (me) to answer your question? You can now see why I deliberately left your question unanswered. Are you ready to answer my question also?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Snowwy: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^
And you answered my very own question too? You don't answer other's questions but wants others (me) to answer your question? You can now see why I deliberately left your question unanswered. Are you ready to answer my question also?

Go back to the thread where you asked me the question, PATIENTLY scan the posts after you asked me the question, read my answer then come back here to confirm that you raised a false allegation against me then answer my question above.
That is fair enough.
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.