Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142700 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Image123:
coommonn, don't tithe to me but to God puleaase. I've already explained Hebrew 7 to you, you're free to go back and revise and get understanding. You still have that apology to make, swallow that pride and excrete it to the utter shame of the devourer.

When I come Nigeria, I will show you car wey I buy.....WITHOUT TITHING and also show you my house and investment. You think say na until we pay tithe before God bless you. Na una dey promote conditions for blessing BY GOD. The God I serve give TO ALL MEN LIBERALLY WITHOUT FINDING FAULT. Our God is NOT a kalo-kalo God oooooo grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
Image123:
false accusation is pharisaic and totally unchristian.

see what OLAAGEGBU [/b]replied to [b]JIL @8.00PM on Feb 12(it's on the 3rd page of this thread)

''I asked you to summarise and you went off to copy and paste the whole article. If you don't know how to summarise would you at least learn some basic bible knowledge? And for your information, the Bible does not say that Money is the root of all evil. Read your Bible and if you are of a teachable heart you might come to the knowledge of truth.''

My dear Image123,check through my posts on nairaland in the short time i've been here;i don't employ underhand tactics grin grin as you can see,it's not a false accusation
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

see what OLAAGEGBU [/b]replied to [b]JIL @8.00PM on Feb 12(it's on the 3rd page of this thread)

''I asked you to summarise and you went off to copy and paste the whole article. If you don't know how to summarise would you at least learn some basic bible knowledge? And for your information, the Bible does not say that Money is the root of all evil. Read your Bible and if you are of a teachable heart you might come to the knowledge of truth.''

My dear Image123,check through my posts on nairaland in the short time i've been here;i don't employ underhand tactics grin grin as you can see,it's not a false accusation
Jul was not castigated, whatever that means, for posting an article. He and kevin? were expected to SUMMARISE instead of his cheeky copy and paste. Get your acts/facts right.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
Image123:
Jul was not castigated, whatever that means, for posting an article. He and kevin? were expected to SUMMARISE instead of his cheeky copy and paste. Get your acts/facts right.

ok if castigated rubs you the wrong way.you can modify it to complain in your mind.the important thing is that OLADEEGBU asked JIL to summarise, JIL posted the article and OLADEEGBU raised a querry.I asked OLAADEGBU for a simple answer and he directed me to an article which contradicts his earlier opposition to receiving an article as answer to his own questions.If he wont take it why is he offering it to me?

I believe it's settled now.

Anyway,the matter on ground now is more important than semantics.i'm sure you understand
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ all, pls lets leave all these diversions cos this tith issue has wreck lives, its a matter of life and death for some ppl. I want to ask our tith collectors/preachers/payers a very simple question. Did Adam and Eve Pay tith? God bless the tith teachers as they answer ths.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
hahaha, tithe is a matter of life and death for this guy. i m moved with pity and compassion for you.What would you fare with the weightier matters of the law.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 1:02am On Feb 15, 2013
Image123: hahaha, tithe is a matter of life and death for this guy. i m moved with pity and compassion for you.What would you fare with the weightier matters of the law.

Actually it's a matter of life and death for those MOG's whose ministry and lives will end without it.It's also life and death for the christians who believe God will punish them for not paying it.This is in spite of Romans 8:32 which says
''He that spared not his own Son,but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?''

Just ask whatever you will from God, as long as it's according to his will, he'll grant you.IJohn 5:14-15
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:31am On Feb 15, 2013
Candour:

Actually it's a matter of life and death for those MOG's whose ministry and lives will end without it.It's also life and death for the christians who believe God will punish them for not paying it.This is in spite of Romans 8:32 which says
''He that spared not his own Son,but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?''

Just ask whatever you will from God, as long as it's according to his will, he'll grant you.IJohn 5:14-15
you have been following Jesus for 25 years by paying your tithes and now your "eyes" are opened that it is a fraud...pls tell me, has Jesus never spoken to you for the past 25 years that you gave your life to Him about the tithe issue? Why until now? A believer that is blind for good 25 years should not be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 2:52am On Feb 15, 2013
Image123:

Point of correction. The original article was not posted by me but someone else. Olaadegbu in his characteristic arrogant attitude ordered the original poster to summarize his article. I was compelled to paste a part of the original article to let him understand that he although he may have the authority to order his followers to pay their tithes under duress, he doesn't have any right to order anyone in this forum.

I laugh when you use the word castigate if you really know what it actually means. I bet you feel at home using it because you are in the habit of castigating those who don't increase your bank balance by paying their tithes.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:16am On Feb 15, 2013
JIL:

Point of correction. The original article was not posted by me but someone else. Olaadegbu in his characteristic arrogant attitude ordered the original poster to summarize his article. I was compelled to paste a part of the original article to let him understand that he although he may have the authority to order his followers to pay their tithes under duress, he doesn't have any right to order anyone in this forum.

I laugh when you use the word castigate if you really know what it actually means. I bet you feel at home using it because you are in the habit of castigating those who don't increase your bank balance by paying their tithes.

you should go and sleep, no literate should take the quoted post seriously.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 3:56am On Feb 15, 2013
Image123:

Mr tithe advocate no 1, your image in Nairaland is already battered and needs to be laundered. I suggest you employ potentpraise. grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:06am On Feb 15, 2013
JIL:

Mr tithe advocate no 1, your image in Nairaland is already battered and needs to be laundered. I suggest you employ potentpraise. grin

grin Thank God I'm not the only one seeing the truth grin Image123, you see as your yansh don dey outside? - Tithe don open ya yansh grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 4:32am On Feb 15, 2013
Bidam: you have been following Jesus for 25 years by paying your tithes and now your "eyes" are opened that it is a fraud...pls tell me, has Jesus never spoken to you for the past 25 years that you gave your life to Him about the tithe issue? Why until now? A believer that is blind for good 25 years should not be taken seriously.

Thanks a lot for your conclusion.i'm bold and humble enough like Apostle Paul to admit that ''i was just being Zealous of the traditions of my fathers''(Gal 1:13-14) in following the LAWS OF MOSES(TITHE) when i had been under GRACE all along.@the bolded,probably he had but i was too religious to listen just like you are doing now.

You dont need to take me seriously because it's not about me dear Brother;It's about what Grace entails and that's why i had to drop the traditions i was born into and start my journey again from the foot of the cross for by grace i'm saved,not by works(Eph 2:8-9

I'm sure no one taught you about tithe because you must have met your parents doing it so i understand your rigidity.It takes a man to admit he had been on a wrong road for so long Just like Apostle Paul.

That you refuse to treat the issue on ground and instead launch a poor personal attack wont hide the bible references that abound on this thread and wont drag me into the childish game of mudslinging.

God bless you plenty

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 4:35am On Feb 15, 2013
Image123:
grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:40am On Feb 15, 2013
^
YES! Tithe captives are being set free ONE after the other! Thank God for setting you FREE bro. Same thing with me, I paid tithe so tay, I no see any windows of heaven opened. When I start to study the word for myself, alas, I'm free!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:45am On Feb 15, 2013
A 2-HOUR EXPOSITION VIDEO ON TITHING - TITHING LIES EXPOSED BUT THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFkEh5bEXw?hl=en

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 4:46am On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360: ^
YES! Tithe captives are being set free ONE after the other! Thank God for setting you FREE bro. Same thing with me, I paid tithe so tay, I no see any windows of heaven opened. When I start to study the word for myself, alas, I'm free!

yes o my brother.the race is not about how long you've been doing something o.Its about the scriptural correctness of it all.

Been working through the night so had time for this discussion.i go soon leave you yankee people make i go sleep.

God bless you
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:53am On Feb 15, 2013
@ Everyone, kindly watch the 2 hour video; as it is time worth. It exposed the tithing lies including the Abraham false tithing and tithing according to the law.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 5:03am On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360: @ Everyone, kindly watch the 2 hour video; as it is time worth. It exposed the tithing lies including the Abraham false tithing and tithing according to the law.

Thanks bro Goshen, I will find time to watch it sometime today and prob summarise it for Ola. grin

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 5:10am On Feb 15, 2013
JIL:

Thanks bro Goshen, I will find time to watch it sometime today and prob summarise it for Ola. grin

That expository teaching is too powerful o. By the time you summarize it, Ola and these tithe teachers will be on the RUN.... grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 8:04am On Feb 15, 2013
Candour:

i empathize with him and others actually because i was there before.i remember my response to those who said the law including tithing was abolished was ''whether you like it or not,i'll still pay'' because all i knew was Mal 3:10.Imagine my shock the first day i stumbled(i mean it in the literal sense) on Deut 14:22-29.

Just last nite while we were actively engaged on this thread, i was also having a bible discussion with a number of my colleagues and the issue of tithe came up.One of them came up with the usual ''i will still pay whether you like it or not'' and i asked him to read out Deut 14:22-29.when he got to verse 27 i think,he closed his bible and dropped his head for sometime.i just patted his back and told him i understand what he was thinking.he left with a resolve to start studying his bible more and that made me happy.

Let us encourage folks to study their bibles more and rightly divide the word of truth.God will surely help his children.

Deut 14:22-29 was the real eye opener for me to and it made me start studying my bible better. smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2013
JIL:

wow am i impressed. tithe advocate no 1, thank you Jesus. This looks like unmerited favour and placement, i advice you give tithes.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:55am On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360:

grin Thank God I'm not the only one seeing the truth grin Image123, you see as your yansh don dey outside? - Tithe don open ya yansh grin
you seem dazed, i don't see this truth you're seeing. Stop allowing the devourer to deceive you cheaply na Gosh. Plus, show some decorum here and stop this delirious talks about parts of the body.
BTW you mean you actually watched someone talk about tithes for two hours? you try oh, i salute your obsession, i d sleep off.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2013
Candour:

Thanks a lot for your conclusion.i'm bold and humble enough like Apostle Paul to admit that ''i was just being Zealous of the traditions of my fathers''(Gal 1:13-14) in following the LAWS OF MOSES(TITHE) when i had been under GRACE all along.@the bolded,probably he had but i was too religious to listen just like you are doing now.

You dont need to take me seriously because it's not about me dear Brother;It's about what Grace entails and that's why i had to drop the traditions i was born into and start my journey again from the foot of the cross for by grace i'm saved,not by works(Eph 2:8-9

I'm sure no one taught you about tithe because you must have met your parents doing it so i understand your rigidity.It takes a man to admit he had been on a wrong road for so long Just like Apostle Paul.

That you refuse to treat the issue on ground and instead launch a poor personal attack wont hide the bible references that abound on this thread and wont drag me into the childish game of mudslinging.

God bless you plenty
the diff between a christian and a tith collector is very clear.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 10:58am On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360:

When I come Nigeria, I will show you car wey I buy.....WITHOUT TITHING and also show you my house and investment. You think say na until we pay tithe before God bless you. Na una dey promote conditions for blessing BY GOD. The God I serve give TO ALL MEN LIBERALLY WITHOUT FINDING FAULT. Our God is NOT a kalo-kalo God oooooo grin
1Peter1:2-3 -"GRAIE and PEACE be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord. 2. According as his divine power HATH given unto us ALL THINGS that pertain to LIFE and Godliness, through the the knowledge of him that hath called us to GLORY AND VIRTUE" (kjv) @ all tith teachers, you see ur message of 'tith b4 Gnd bless you' is too late, because He hath (had) given to us ALL THINGS ( among others -house, cars, husband/wives/children, peace, joy,love, wisdom/knowledge/skills, etc) that pertain to life and Godliness not through ur mamonized tith but through Jesus who hath called us to a life of glory and virtue. I tell you, the gospel of the stomach ie tith, 1st fruits, sowing of seeds, hauest festival, raffle, sacrifices, draws, bazzars, and all forms of manipulations were abolished together with levitical priesthood when Christ died. Peace.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Did you notice the bolded words in the quote above? Who in the Scriptures do you think is famous for saying that?

Show and tell.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Candour:

you castigated JIL for posting an article and now you ask me to read your article? why not just answer the enquiry if you can

I didn't castigate JIL for posting an article all I did was insist that he summarise it, what part of that don't you understand? Since you can't or wouldn't read up on the article I will oblige you by reiterating the point here.

Jesus said in Matthew 23:23 that the scribes and Pharisees ought to have done the tithing of their wealth and if we wish to honour and please our Lord Jesus Christ He expects us to be faithful in tithing, offering, judgment, mercy and faith. Ka ji ko?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Candour:

It's strange you know.I still attend Deeperlife once in a while but i don't hear this aggressive funds mobilisation in the name of TITHES.i wonder where the OP is coming from

That is to show you that DL are not after your money but your spiritual welfare. The charlatans you support here will not hesitate to ask you for all type of offerings at the expense of your soul.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Candour:

You see how you mis-interprete almost everything? I just saw the transcript of Ben Carson's speech in your other thread and i am amazed you didn't see that he was trying to advice Americans to adopt a uniform tax rate for everybody.

"What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle," he noted, going on to call for a simpler (i.e. flat tax) system. "When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see — I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe."

He was simply advocating a fair tax system that applied equally to everybody hence the reference to the bolded portion in the quote.

May God give us understanding grin grin

That wasn't the transcript it just gave highlights of his speech. Watch the whole videoclip to arrive at an educated conclusion.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360: ^

You're always found of lifting article all over the Internet just to answer a simple question. How do you conclude I took one and leave the other out? The New Testament doesn't refer to 'offering' as the money we give when we gather together in worship - it is the religious church that called it offering.

I assert that you are use to selective reading, celebrating offering and demonising tithing.

Goshen360:

I have challenged you to show us a text where what we give in worship places is called 'offerings' you're yet to show us and yet, you're lifting articles to tell me how someone taught tithe for America.

If I show you the text you are asking for will you repent and confess publicly for misleading folks?

Goshen360:

Did America ever tithed BEFORE the developed or created wealth for themselves and help other countries? Now, you're taking this tithe gospel beyond the walls of worship places to country level.....Chei, I fear for you now!

Serious Christians in America are not asking whether they should tithe or not. Dr Ben Carson is just one who is reminding them to go back to what made them great. Below is a videoclip of one of America's popular preachers answering questions about tithes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxThRHl6Bs8

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

@OLAADEGBU the UNRELENTING! grin grin He is set in his ways grin It is a sign of the End-Times

You need to see the other extreme of the spectrum where they claim that gain is godliness.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
Image123:

so much insincerity and itching ears on this thread BTW.

True talk, these are the real signs of the end times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.