Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142697 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
So when I asked this question below on the other thread,
Goshen360: ^

The question is, Hebrews 7:5 says the levites have commandment to TAKE TITHES. Verse 18 says, the commandment is cancelled.....Question, Will the cancellation also include 'to take tithe' or will the cancellation in verse 18 also include but not limited to the commandment to take tithe YES or NO?

Your fraudulent answers was this below,
Snowwy:

No, the cancellation does not include tithe as the tithe still remains, [size=20pt]it is WHO to take the tithe that changed.[/size]

Since your 'simple' question is now answered, I hope this has been laid to rest. If you have further questions, you will need to attend to mine first.
However, for more understanding, go back to read the thread where me and you engaged on this almost exclusively, to which you eventually left.

Can you see how you're lying and manipulating scriptures?

The Bible says COMMANDMENT = TO TAKE TITHE. You said NO, that COMMANDMENT = WHO take tithe and that's And CHANGE and CANCELLATION means the same thing to YOU?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
Snowwy:

Go back to the thread where you asked me the question, PATIENTLY scan the posts after you asked me the question, read my answer then come back here to confirm that you raised a false allegation against me then answer my question above.
That is fair enough.
Thank you.

I have quoted your response from the other thread. That's the lies you gave as answers. COMMANDMENT TO RECEIVE TITHE is DIFFERENT from THOSE WHO RECEIVE TITHE. That's how you lied twisting scriptures. Can you explain how COMMANDMENT = PEOPLE WHO TAKE
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Snowwy: 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
You claimed to ask me a 'simple' question to answer yes or no to, I answered just as you said and gave brief explanation and you hve been chasing me that I did not answer you? Only because it is contrary to your opinion it is fraudulent?
Wonders, so you have been lying that I did not answer all this while?

Did you see where I said I will ask you a question? Ofcourse not, you will not.

You are dodging answering my question right? You blatantly lied against God's word which I showed you and you are skirting the whole subject?

Since you cannot answer that question I asked, I know in your heart tht you are seeing your folly. So the only lies against tithe ar those you are peddling even in the light of scripture.
I have no further comment on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Snowwy: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
You claimed to ask me a 'simple' question to answer yes or no to, I answered just as you said and gave brief explanation and you hve been chasing me that I did not answer you? Only because it is contrary to your opinion it is fraudulent?

You are dodging answering my question right? You blatantly lied against God's word which I showed you and you are skirting the whole subject?

Since you cannot answer that question I asked, I know in your heart that you are seeing your folly. So the only lies against tithe are those you are peddling even in the light of scripture.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
^^^^

how come , of all the old testament laws and rites , you and your teachers only picked out the one that has $$$$$$$ attached to it grin

Besides you guys have to tithe mint and cumin , you better start planting these crops to avoid missing your tithe payments , lol.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Snowwy: You claimed to ask me a 'simple' question to answer yes or no to, I answered just as you said and gave brief explanation and you hve been chasing me that I did not answer you? Only because it is contrary to your opinion it is fraudulent?

Since you cannot answer that question I asked, I know in your heart tht you are seeing your folly. So the only lies against tithe ar those you are peddling even in the light of scripture.

And who said I'm afraid to answer your question? First I want to show everyone your lies in twisting the word of God. Now, I know you're gonna RUN AWAY soon but before you run away, you need to clear yourself with the below:.

Verse 18 of Hebrews 7 says COMMANDMENT (cancelled), NOT PEOPLE (cancelled) BUT you're here lying that it is THOSE or WHO take tithe that is CHANGED. Even verse 12 was what CHANGED the priesthood - So you can see verse 12 CHANGED the PEOPLE while verse 18 CANCELLED the COMMANDMENT given to the PEOPLE. Kindly tell us how COMMANDMENT to TAKE TITHE = PEOPLE who TAKE TITHE? That's what you need to do.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
it still beats my imagination as to how these tithe advocates don't feel stoopid with regurgitating all these lies to justify their illicit tithes despite the fact that all their lies has been thoroughly debunked on this forum. Can human beings be this shameless
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pastor Kun: it still beats my imagination as to how these tithe advocates don't feel stoopid with regurgitating all these lies to justify their illicit tithes despite the fact that all their lies has been thoroughly debunked on this forum. Can human beings be this shameless
my brother its greed, unbelieve, dead conscience, stif neckedness, ignorance, canality and naija spirit

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
^

Loving you the more THOU MAN OF GOD!

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:10-11
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
Deeperlife camoflague their own with 'holiness'. grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
frosbel: Deeperlife camoflague their own with 'holiness'. grin

It's strange you know.I still attend Deeperlife once in a while but i don't hear this aggressive funds mobilisation in the name of TITHES.i wonder where the OP is coming from
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

@the bolded, can you explain what ''not to leave the other undone'' in verse 23 means and please relate it to matthew 23:1-3?

Read the article called "Weighty Matters" that I posted earlier for your answer.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
Andy-baby:

i gave my tithes for 2 months (Nov & Dec) to 2 different people that told me they were in despirate need. I have repented of that. I pay my tithe now to God's storehouse

May God give you more grace to obey His will.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

^ Seems you repented! Giving and receiving is what you should be teaching Christians in the first place rather than former. I hope you wash your heart and hand clean from this tithe thing - It has no place in the New Covenant.

Tithes and Offerings are both types of giving, you should explain to us why you swallow one and balk at the other. Go watch Dr. Ben Carson who gave Obama a resounding lecture using the tithe principle in solving America's fiscal problems.

https://www.nairaland.com/1196166/dr-ben-carson-lecturing-obama
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
^
You're always found of lifting article all over the Internet just to answer a simple question. How do you conclude I took one and leave the other out? The New Testament doesn't refer to 'offering' as the money we give when we gather together in worship - it is the religious church that called it offering.

I have challenged you to show us a text where what we give in worship places is called 'offerings' you're yet to show us and yet, you're lifting articles to tell me how someone taught tithe for America. Did America ever tithed BEFORE the developed or created wealth for themselves and help other countries? Now, you're taking this tithe gospel beyond the walls of worship places to country level.....Chei, I fear for you now!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
You're always found of lifting article all over the Internet just to answer a simple question. How do you conclude I took one and leave the other out? The New Testament doesn't refer to 'offering' as the money we give when we gather together in worship - it is the religious church that called it offering.

I have challenged you to show us a text where what we give in worship places is called 'offerings' you're yet to show us and yet, you're lifting articles to tell me how someone taught tithe for America. Did America ever tithed BEFORE the developed or created wealth for themselves and help other countries? Now, you're taking this tithe gospel beyond the walls of worship places to country level.....Chei, I fear for you now!

@OLAADEGBU the UNRELENTING! grin grin He is set in his ways grin It is a sign of the End-Times
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
^
grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Read the article called "Weighty Matters" that I posted earlier for your answer.

you castigated JIL for posting an article and now you ask me to read your article? why not just answer the enquiry if you can
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Tithes and Offerings are both types of giving, you should explain to us why you swallow one and balk at the other. Go watch Dr. Ben Carson who gave Obama a resounding lecture using the tithe principle in solving America's fiscal problems.

https://www.nairaland.com/1196166/dr-ben-carson-lecturing-obama

You see how you mis-interprete almost everything? I just saw the transcript of Ben Carson's speech in your other thread and i am amazed you didn't see that he was trying to advice Americans to adopt a uniform tax rate for everybody.

"What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle," he noted, going on to call for a simpler (i.e. flat tax) system. "When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see — I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe."

He was simply advocating a fair tax system that applied equally to everybody hence the reference to the bolded portion in the quote.

May God give us understanding grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
christemmbassey: God bless you my brother, pls there is war against stomach-inspired gospel, pls join us online/offline, but we dont abuse, curse or insult but we seek and speak the truth to set the captives free.
yes o join us oh. pictures dancing around in a vicious circle, thank you God for my interesting brethren.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

You see how you mis-interprete almost everything? I just saw the transcript of Ben Carson's speech in your other thread and i am amazed you didn't see that he was trying to advice Americans to adopt a uniform tax rate for everybody.

"What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle," he noted, going on to call for a simpler (i.e. flat tax) system. "When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see — I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe."

He was simply advocating a fair tax system that applied equally to everybody hence the reference to the bolded portion in the quote.

May God give us understanding grin grin

Don't mind this brother Ola sef. I also watched the video. He's beginning to see tithe in EVERYTHING so tay he dey see tithe for AMERICA as a NATION. Na whaooooooooooo grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
so much insincerity and itching ears on this thread BTW.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Image123: so much insincerity and itching ears on this thread BTW.

Comot there joor. Why you sef no come answer the question. Abi you no wan sidon for hot sit again ni grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Comot there joor. Why you sef no come answer the question. Abi you no wan sidon for hot sit again ni grin
where is the seat? you asked a question, somebody answered but its not the answer you want to see. You have an apology to make to snowman. And tithes to pay hehehe.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

you castigated JIL for posting an article and now you ask me to read your article? why not just answer the enquiry if you can
false accusation is pharisaic and totally unchristian.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
frosbel: Deeperlife camoflague their own with 'holiness'. grin
a true follower of men is in the house. haunted

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
^
Tithe to you? The hot sit is right here......please you sef fit follow attempt to answer the question as you see wetin I trap inside that question. E be like say your own eyes open to see wetin I bury inside that question wey others like Snowwy dey do gra-gra dey answer and in the course, they're exposed. You wan answer your own version ni grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Don't mind this brother Ola sef. I also watched the video. He's beginning to see tithe in EVERYTHING so tay he dey see tithe for AMERICA as a NATION. Na whaooooooooooo grin

i empathize with him and others actually because i was there before.i remember my response to those who said the law including tithing was abolished was ''whether you like it or not,i'll still pay'' because all i knew was Mal 3:10.Imagine my shock the first day i stumbled(i mean it in the literal sense) on Deut 14:22-29.

Just last nite while we were actively engaged on this thread, i was also having a bible discussion with a number of my colleagues and the issue of tithe came up.One of them came up with the usual ''i will still pay whether you like it or not'' and i asked him to read out Deut 14:22-29.when he got to verse 27 i think,he closed his bible and dropped his head for sometime.i just patted his back and told him i understand what he was thinking.he left with a resolve to start studying his bible more and that made me happy.

Let us encourage folks to study their bibles more and rightly divide the word of truth.God will surely help his children.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pastor Kun: it still beats my imagination as to how these tithe advocates don't feel stoopid with regurgitating all these lies to justify their illicit tithes despite the fact that all their lies has been thoroughly debunked on this forum. Can human beings be this shameless
It's shameful when you continue to put doubts into minds as to your ability to read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
Candour:

Imagine my shock the first day i stumbled(i mean it in the literal sense) on Deut 14:22-29.

Just last nite while we were actively engaged on this thread, i was also having a bible discussion with a number of my colleagues and the issue of tithe came up.One of them came up with the usual ''i will still pay whether you like it or not'' and i asked him to read out Deut 14:22-29.when he got to verse 27 i think,he closed his bible and dropped his head for sometime.i just patted his back and told him i understand what he was thinking.he left with a resolve to start studying his bible more and that made me happy.

Let us encourage folks to study their bibles more and rightly divide the word of truth.God will surely help his children.

grin grin grin grin Funny but true. That's to tell us how people had gone crazy about this tithe thing. I can't stop grin grin grin at the highlight above. The day I showed my Pastor same scripture was when he STOPPED preaching tithe to the church which is a Bronx, New York. We now practice Grace giving as it is and believe God for ALL SUFFICIENCIES towards ministry.

Thank you my brother!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Tithe to you? The hot sit is right here......please you sef fit follow attempt to answer the question as you see wetin I trap inside that question. E be like say your own eyes open to see wetin I bury inside that question wey others like Snowwy dey do gra-gra dey answer and in the course, they're exposed. You wan answer your own version ni grin
coommonn, don't tithe to me but to God puleaase. I've already explained Hebrew 7 to you, you're free to go back and revise and get understanding. You still have that apology to make, swallow that pride and excrete it to the utter shame of the devourer.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Image123:
It's shameful when you continue to put doubts into minds as to your ability to read and comprehend.

Abeg comot for road joor. I told you there're big worship places here in the US of A with over 10,000 members - NO TITHE TEACHING IN THEIR CHURCH. What is your problem? You think say na everybody go collect tithe like una and thiefing from God's people Abeggi, go sidon joor grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.