Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (143620 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: Jesus obeyed every dot of the law. did that kill him?
When the bible says the law kills, what do you think it means? 'The wages of sin is death' who paid the wage of what the law revealed?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
so because it predates the law, you have to add it to the gospel of Christ?
who is adding to the Gospel of Christ? did you ask yourself whether Paul tithed or not?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi: When the bible says the law kills, what do you think it means? 'The wages of sin is death' who paid the wage of what the law revealed?
my bro..i don tire with this your dribble abeg..what is the penalty of sin?did the bible say the law kills..quote scripture now now..
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: my bro..i don tire with this your dribble abeg..what is the penalty of sin?did the bible say the law kills..quote scripture now now..
2 cor 3:6
........—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The penalty of sin is the death of Christ for anyone who believe.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
2 cor 3:6
........—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The penalty of sin is the death of Christ for anyone who believe.
Paul says in Romans 3:31, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” So you are wrong in saying paul meant the law when he talks about letter..abeg go read your bible well jare.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: Paul says in Romans 3:31, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” So you are wrong in saying paul meant the law when he talks about letter..abeg go read your bible well jare.

Hi Bidam, been noticing your posts. Are you a Torah pursuant Christian?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Hi Bidam, been noticing your posts. Are you a Torah pursuant Christian?
hehehehe..wetin peson no go see for nairaland..me quoting scripture na don make me torah pursuant,,smh
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: hehehehe..wetin peson no go see for nairaland..me quoting scripture na don make me torah pursuant,,smh

lol. In other words, do you keep the Law?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: Paul says in Romans 3:31, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” So you are wrong in saying paul meant the law when he talks about letter..abeg go read your bible well jare.

Bidam, it is the LAW that Kills, and the spirit gives life. (AMP) [It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive. [Jer. 31:31.]

The law is called the ministry of condemnation. Is it only tithing that predates the law? That was the only scam that could be used to support tithing. The sabbath, sacrifice on mount moriah, circumcision amongst many other things predate the law. Please understand the new covenant, and stop trying to make invalid arguments. You sound to me like you're trying hard to win an argument. We have all believed false teachings before, we studied our bibles and found out the truth. No man of God is infalible, please study hard to understand the new covenant, for therein lies your freedom from bondage
2Co 3:17 They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it!
2Co 3:18 All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.

You could read more grace filled inspirations on my blog at http://mb.mettalloids.com
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:32am On Jun 18, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Circumcision was also giving before the law; with a direct commandement from God to Abraham (unlike tithe) in Genesis 17, why did the Apostle Paul labor hard to show that it has gone with the law

What blanket? Who said it was cold? That something is giving does not mean that it is acceptable to God. Check your bible, motive and scriptural standards determine if what we do in the NT is acceptable to God.

There is still no scripture by the apostles that say we give tithes. Period. But there are legion of scriptures that shows that the Mosaic tithes has been abolished along with the levithical rights, unless, ofcourse, you refuse to see them.

One with God is majority: I am content that way
The point and fact remains that tithes and offering was before the law. Deal with that instead of attaching it with something else just with the hope of bringing it down, the counsel of the Lord will stand.
Tithes and offering are forms of giving. God and His apostles encourage giving, especially to Christ and His church.
There is not ONE scripture that speaks contrary to tithing. That you can say there are legion of scriptures that show you that tithing is abolished shows your desperation, dishonesty and perhaps a poor grasp of the english language.
God is not a liar, neither does He change. You are on your own.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:42am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

As a church we are married to Christ, we must obey the laws and principles of Christ. Bringing any other story that led us to Christ is spiritual adultery according to Romans 6 and 7. The risen Christ did not give you a mandate to pay tithes, it is totally wrong to force your old into the new.
You need to read what Christ said in Matthew 23:23, then have faith and not doubt that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

lol. In other words, do you keep the Law?
grin How can i keep the Law by my own ability? The laws of God are written in the hearts of believers. It is when you come to Christ that you understand what the law really is. This is not about playing religion.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 18, 2013
ikemofepo:

Bidam, it is the LAW that Kills, and the spirit gives life. (AMP) [It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive. [Jer. 31:31.]
i wonder why you guys love to be dishonest by twisting the words of God. what do you understand by covenant? are the covenant (which Christ came to establish by His death on the cross) not the reason why we are not under the law anymore but under grace? does it make the law null and void? the law was a school teacher..kai even paul says the laws are HOLY. as a believer i know i can't fulfill the laws by my own efforts which is self righteousness..but to come here and say the bible says the laws are abolished is gross dishonesty..show me where the bible says the laws of God are abolished?
The law is called the ministry of condemnation.
Yes because it is a pointer to sin and not that it kills if you obey it.
Is it only tithing that predates the law?
you tell us what us other things predates the law.
That was the only scam that could be used to support tithing.
you call God's tithe that is clearly written in scriptures a scam? you really must be a desperado, i am not surprised if the unrighteous mammon rules your heart right now.Thank Jesus for the dispensation of grace right now.
The sabbath, sacrifice on mount moriah, circumcision amongst many other things predate the law.
Ok, among other things did you see tithes cancelled by the apostles in Acts 15?
Please understand the new covenant,
let me show you what the new covenant is, go read 1 cor 11: 25 and you will understand why Christ who fulfilled the law has to infused His DNA in us.A covenant is actually an agreement between two parties. Israel failed God by the old agreement which necessitated the New in Christ, God laws never changed.They are eternal for God cannot lie, He knows MAN CANNOT LIVE BY THEM AND THAT WAS WHY HE sent His only Son.
and stop trying to make invalid arguments.
grin Mumu dey worry you, who is making invalid argument here?
You sound to me like you're trying hard to win an argument.
am rather trying to uphold sound biblical doctrines so that new converts will not be swayed by your likes.
We have all believed false teachings before, we studied our bibles and found out the truth. No man of God is infalible, please study hard to understand the new covenant, for therein lies your freedom from bondage
grin you really did not study the word. you just read articles on the internet that condemn the tithes dats all.
2Co 3:17 They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it!
amen, and what is that law written in the hearts of believers now? if it is Love..do you love the Lord with all your heart body and mind? can you give more than 10% which is weak and beggerly according to the New testament form of givings to the church? i don't think so cos by their fruits you shall know them.
2Co 3:18 All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.
Yes i am free in Christ to offer my money to God which is a reasonable service. can you offer yours? or do you withold it cos you are greedy and covetous?

You could read more grace filled inspirations on my blog at http://mb.mettalloids.com
i don't need to read thrash. the bible is good enof for me. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2013
Image123:
You need to read what Christ said in Matthew 23:23, then have faith and not doubt that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Christ was merely calling the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites, they practice all the rituals according to the tradition of the Jews but they refuse to adhere to the most important parts of the law. Remember Christ was under the same law before his death and resurrection.
Christ is the same but activities and revelations were progressive, therefore, God would give us signs and shadows of things to come at future times.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 8:15am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin How can i keep the Law by my own ability? The laws of God are written in the hearts of believers. It is when you come to Christ that you understand what the law really is. This is not about playing religion.

Haha.. This is what I mean, hence why I said 'Torah pursuant', as in, you strive for righteousness, but only in Christ can you be complete. I am not disagreeing with you at all, just wanted to understand your view.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2013

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Do you understand what the man is saying here at all? did you read the entire chapter?

Lets see other translations, you might probably get what that means-

31 So do we destroy the law by following the way of faith? Not at all! In fact, faith causes us to be what the law actually wants

faith/ the gospel of Christ makes us do what the law wants cos we establish the intents of the law which the law could not achieve. It does not say we should practice the law.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin How can i keep the Law by my own ability? The laws of God are written in the hearts of believers. It is when you come to Christ that you understand what the law really is. This is not about playing religion.

When you say 'how can I keep the law by my own ability', what law exactly are you referring to cos the law of Moses and the covenant that holds it became void when the testator(Christ) died.

7 For if that first covenant had been without defect, there would have been no room for another one or an attempt to institute another one
9 It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day when I grasped them by the hand to help and relieve them and to lead them out from the land of Egypt, for they did not abide in My agreement with them, and so I withdrew My favor and disregarded them, says the Lord.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

When you say 'how can I keep the law by my own ability', what law exactly are you referring to cos the law of Moses and the covenant that holds it became void when the testator(Christ) died.

7 For if that first covenant had been without defect, there would have been no room for another one or an attempt to institute another one
9 It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day when I grasped them by the hand to help and relieve them and to lead them out from the land of Egypt, for they did not abide in My agreement with them, and so I withdrew My favor and disregarded them, says the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:31-33 “ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

It is the same law my friend. Marriage contract is marriage contract. Just that this time the law is written in their hearts, and they would not suffer condemnation of the law. God divorced them because of their Idolatry and split them into two nations. Houses of Israel (north) and Judah (South). The Messiah had to die so that he could marry his bride again. That is what Paul is talking about in Romans 7
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Do you understand what the man is saying here at all? did you read the entire chapter?

Lets see other translations, you might probably get what that means-

31 So do we destroy the law by following the way of faith? Not at all! In fact, faith causes us to be what the law actually wants

faith/ the gospel of Christ makes us do what the law wants cos we establish the intents of the law which the law could not achieve. It does not say we should practice the law.
grin thank God this translation made it clearer..did you see where paul mentioned that do we destroy the Law?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 9:08am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin thank God this translation made it clearer..did you see where paul mentioned that do we destroy the Law?

It is amazing brother. Two men can read the same thing and think two very different things. He is reading it with the glasses of the gentiles.
I always say, there was no such thing as the new testament when Paul was teaching. He taught on the Sabbath, in the synagogue, from the Law. Acts 21:20-25 proves beyond doubt they kept the law. Somehow, people have decided you need not jkeep it.

Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin thank God this translation made it clearer..did you see where paul mentioned that do we destroy the Law?
Paul did not say so bro, this is a question and answer sort of sermon. They asked him the question and he responded by saying God forbid. Note that he was trying to present a gospel different from what they have been practicing all their lives. He was presenting his case gradually. The intention of the law is good, the law on its own is holy but instead of making man holy, it has made us unrighteous because the scripture says if any man says he is without sin, he deceives himself and the truth is not in him cos he calls God a liar. The gospel Paul presents does not have anything to do with man, all the work has been done by Christ.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Jeremiah 31:31-33 “ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

It is the same law my friend. Marriage contract is marriage contract. Just that this time the law is written in their hearts, and they would not suffer condemnation of the law. God divorced them because of their Idolatry and split them into two nations. Houses of Israel (north) and Judah (South). The Messiah had to die so that he could marry his bride again. That is what Paul is talking about in Romans 7
grin i couldn't have put it more clearer than this. Thank God you are now seeing the angle i am actually coming from. I am not saying Christians should actually live by the codes and dictates of the law which is legalism. what i am talking about is heart obedience since we have the Holy Spirit as a guide and this is strengthened through prayers and study of the Word of God. sometimes when i pray in tongues(jude 1:20) i feel so strengthened that i easily forgive people who offend me just as Christ would. I face the day with so much Joy and peace that i can't explain ofcos except you have been there.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 9:16am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:
Paul did not say so bro, this is a question and answer sort of sermon. They asked him the question and he responded by saying God forbid. Note that he was trying to present a gospel different from what they have been practicing all their lives. He was presenting his case gradually. The intention of the law is good, the law on its own is holy but instead of making man holy, it has made us unrighteous because the scripture says if any man says he is without sin, he deceives himself and the truth is not in him cos he calls God a liar. The gospel Paul presents does not have anything to do with man, all the work has been done by Christ.

You are half right. You cannot gain salvation via the law, but you are made righteous through faith in Christ. However, THAT statement does not make the law null.
God said "be holy, for I am holy". What does he consider holy? His law, which he taught the ancients.
Ok, so you say the law is written in our hearts, this is true. So wy do you not do what it says?

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

It is amazing brother. Two men can read the same thing and think two very different things. He is reading it with the glasses of the gentiles.
I always say, there was no such thing as the new testament when Paul was teaching. He taught on the Sabbath, in the synagogue, from the Law. Acts 21:20-25 proves beyond doubt they kept the law. Somehow, people have decided you need not jkeep it.

Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
yeah..paul knew the law before He encountered Christ. It was due to that encounter he found out that the law actually couldn't save him, only Christ can, that's what grace is all about.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:
yeah you are now getting the point i was making concerning the law being GOOD which wasn't even the ultimate plan of God anyway. even Adam failed God abi no be so? your gospel is one sided becos you fail to see that there are two aspects of holiness in the believer's life. While God defines us and calls us holy in Christ; while God says we are a holy nation and a holy priesthood, God also requires us to pursue holiness.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam, please read this. It should answer many of your questions. We are having an intellectual debate here, all those words like mumu and the likes that demean other people should be avoided. The hallmark of spiritual maturity is love and not bible knowledge. You're blessed!

MAN: Father God, what is your opinion about the Law of Moses?

GOD: I have annulled it, (Heb.7:18); I have made it obsolete, (Heb.8:13); I have changed it, (Heb.7:12); I have wipe it out, (Col.2:14); and I have cast it out because it is the seed of the bondwoman, (Gal.4:30); and in its stead I have made a new arrangement. (Heb.8:7-cool.

MAN: Can we not borrow some of the precepts of the OT for our worship services?

GOD: Anybody who wants to borrow part of the law must be prepared to keep everything as stipulated. (James 2:10; Gal.5:3) Nobody is permitted to amend the Law of Moses to suit his own condition. (Deut.5:32; 17:20; 28:14; Jos.1:7) But let anyone who puts himself under the law know for sure that he has no part with Jesus Christ, the mediator of the New Testament, (Gal.3:10; 5:4) because he makes void the death of Jesus.(Gal.2:21). Do you want to go back under the curse from where Jesus has redeemed you?

MAN: Father, will people not violate your law when we say that they are not under the law?

GOD: Have they not been violating it before? When the Law of Moses was fully operational, people broke it; even the Israelites who were given the law first hand could not keep it. (Acts 7:53; 15:10) Let me tell you plainly, I did not design that the law should save anybody; rather it was designed to condemn people so that they might realize that they need a Savior. Anyone who accepts Jesus and stays in His teaching is the one who will be delivered from the bondage and condemnation that the law brings. (Rom.6:3-14) Nobody who puts himself under the law will have a part in my kingdom. (Gal.5:4)

MAN: But Jesus said that He did not come to cancel the law but to fulfill it. (Mat.5:17). What about that?

GOD: Yes He came to fulfill the law and that is why He said in Lk. 24:44 that He had now fulfilled all. After fulfilling the law, the Law of Moses had spent its force and it is not binding on the NT believers. Only those who love Christ will stay under the New Covenant, Many who pay tithe today do so either for the fear of a curse or because they want blessings. Hardly do we see people who contribute money because of their love for me. My son Jesus said, “My yoke is easy ….” If anybody decides to carry the yoke of Moses, he finds trouble for himself. (Gal.5:1)

MAN: If the Ten Commandments had been abrogated, does it mean we can continue to sin?

GOD: You have to know that the moral standard of a new creature in Christ is above the dictates of the Law of Moses. The law says, “You shall not commit adultery,” but my son Jesus said that anyone who lusted after a woman had already committed adultery in his heart. (Mt.5:27-28) Anybody who accepts the Lordship of Jesus is declared righteous. (2Cor. 5:21; Rom.5:17) Paul, my beloved servant said that the law was not for the righteous but for sinners. (1 Tim. 1:9-10). If you desire to remain under the law, it is your problem. In my own program, the law is obsolete and I have annulled it. Go and study 2 Cor.3:7-11 properly and you will see that the law is a ministry of death, of condemnation, and that which is fading away. Why will you like to stay on what I have abandoned? It cannot profit you.

MAN: Father does it really matter what we do or believe? I think sincerity with You is the most important thing.

GOD: You may be sincere all you want to but as long as you go against my blueprint, you will not be pardoned. Moses was sincere, yet he missed the Promised Land. Uzzah was sincere and yet he died a sudden death. King Saul was sincere and yet was rejected. Your sincerity is not enough, follow my own blueprint. Only those who bow to my will shall rejoice in the end.

MAN: There are so many popular and charismatic preachers who believe, teach, and collect tithes. Can all these people be wrong?

GOD: You have your Bible where you can see how I dealt with people in the past. None of the people you talk about can be more popular and charismatic than Moses, who shook Egypt to its very foundation. Moses missed his target simply because he used an old revelation and set aside the new one. I am not partial in any way, so if Moses could miss his destiny on account of one instance of disobedience, anybody who ignores the New Testament provisions is in trouble! (Heb. 2:3).

MAN: Thank you Father, it is now clear to me. But I want you to clarify 2 Sam. 24:24 where David said, “…Nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing…” Some preachers told us that even if we don’t have we could borrow in order to give. They encouraged us to give above our resources. Is that in order?

GOD: Read the whole passage from verse 11 to the end and you will see that nothing there suggests what your preachers are telling you. David as a king was wealthier than Aruanah who wanted to give him objects he needed free of charge. David declined because he could afford to pay for those items. Look at my final revelation from the Jerusalem Bible, “As long as the readiness is there, a man is acceptable with whatever he can afford; never mind what is beyond his means. This does not mean that before you give relief to others you ought to make things difficult for yourselves…” (2Cor. 8:12-14) The unfortunate thing about you humans is that you still want to stay around the stake to which you were tied even after your chains had been broken. It is not the fault of those preachers who take advantage of you; it is your fault because you are too lazy to find out the truth for yourselves.

MAN: Father, would you advise us these days to give all just like people did in Acts of the Apostles? Your Son Jesus commended the widow who gave all as the best giver. What do you say?

GOD: Really, giving all is the spirit of the New Testament. But I must quickly add that the situation then made giving all practicable. When people gave all, they were sure to have their needs met afterwards. A situation whereby giving all will only service the lusts and luxuries of a cabal, is unacceptable. Listen to what I inspired Paul to say in 2Cor. 8:13-14, “I am not trying to relieve others by putting a burden on you; but since you have plenty at this time, it is only fair that you should help those who are in need. Then when you are in need and they have plenty, they will help you. In this way both are treated equally.” That was the case in the early church. Today when all that your leaders emphasize is giving, but the needs of the poor are not catered for, you must be careful. You can have a project of ministering to the poor yourself if your church does not take it seriously.

And to answer your second question, I give way more than 10 percent of my income. I give to causes which the Holy Spirit will have me give to. Only if we could give tithes the way Abraham GAVE tithes. Our eyes would truly be opened to the person of Melchizedek today and not just compulsorily dropping 10 percent of our income everytime in Church, under the threat of being cursed or wanting to get a blessing. The argument for Abraham shows that he GAVE under neither of the circumstances. You can download the book that speaks entirely on the tithing system and how it should be done here http://mb.mettalloids.com/tithe-and-you-the-book/
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2013
grin soory about that@IK..mY battery is low but i will have time to respond to your lengthy post later. thanks.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2013
ikemofepo: Bidam, please read this. It should answer many of your questions. We are having an intellectual debate here, all those words like mumu and the likes that demean other people should be avoided. The hallmark of spiritual maturity is love and not bible knowledge. You're blessed!

MAN: Father God, what is your opinion about the Law of Moses?

GOD: I have annulled it, (Heb.7:18); I have made it obsolete, (Heb.8:13); I have changed it, (Heb.7:12); I have wipe it out, (Col.2:14); and I have cast it out because it is the seed of the bondwoman, (Gal.4:30); and in its stead I have made a new arrangement. (Heb.8:7-cool.

MAN: Can we not borrow some of the precepts of the OT for our worship services?

GOD: Anybody who wants to borrow part of the law must be prepared to keep everything as stipulated. (James 2:10; Gal.5:3) Nobody is permitted to amend the Law of Moses to suit his own condition. (Deut.5:32; 17:20; 28:14; Jos.1:7) But let anyone who puts himself under the law know for sure that he has no part with Jesus Christ, the mediator of the New Testament, (Gal.3:10; 5:4) because he makes void the death of Jesus.(Gal.2:21). Do you want to go back under the curse from where Jesus has redeemed you?

MAN: Father, will people not violate your law when we say that they are not under the law?

GOD: Have they not been violating it before? When the Law of Moses was fully operational, people broke it; even the Israelites who were given the law first hand could not keep it. (Acts 7:53; 15:10) Let me tell you plainly, I did not design that the law should save anybody; rather it was designed to condemn people so that they might realize that they need a Savior. Anyone who accepts Jesus and stays in His teaching is the one who will be delivered from the bondage and condemnation that the law brings. (Rom.6:3-14) Nobody who puts himself under the law will have a part in my kingdom. (Gal.5:4)

MAN: But Jesus said that He did not come to cancel the law but to fulfill it. (Mat.5:17). What about that?

GOD: Yes He came to fulfill the law and that is why He said in Lk. 24:44 that He had now fulfilled all. After fulfilling the law, the Law of Moses had spent its force and it is not binding on the NT believers. Only those who love Christ will stay under the New Covenant, Many who pay tithe today do so either for the fear of a curse or because they want blessings. Hardly do we see people who contribute money because of their love for me. My son Jesus said, “My yoke is easy ….” If anybody decides to carry the yoke of Moses, he finds trouble for himself. (Gal.5:1)

MAN: If the Ten Commandments had been abrogated, does it mean we can continue to sin?

GOD: You have to know that the moral standard of a new creature in Christ is above the dictates of the Law of Moses. The law says, “You shall not commit adultery,” but my son Jesus said that anyone who lusted after a woman had already committed adultery in his heart. (Mt.5:27-28) Anybody who accepts the Lordship of Jesus is declared righteous. (2Cor. 5:21; Rom.5:17) Paul, my beloved servant said that the law was not for the righteous but for sinners. (1 Tim. 1:9-10). If you desire to remain under the law, it is your problem. In my own program, the law is obsolete and I have annulled it. Go and study 2 Cor.3:7-11 properly and you will see that the law is a ministry of death, of condemnation, and that which is fading away. Why will you like to stay on what I have abandoned? It cannot profit you.

MAN: Father does it really matter what we do or believe? I think sincerity with You is the most important thing.

GOD: You may be sincere all you want to but as long as you go against my blueprint, you will not be pardoned. Moses was sincere, yet he missed the Promised Land. Uzzah was sincere and yet he died a sudden death. King Saul was sincere and yet was rejected. Your sincerity is not enough, follow my own blueprint. Only those who bow to my will shall rejoice in the end.

MAN: There are so many popular and charismatic preachers who believe, teach, and collect tithes. Can all these people be wrong?

GOD: You have your Bible where you can see how I dealt with people in the past. None of the people you talk about can be more popular and charismatic than Moses, who shook Egypt to its very foundation. Moses missed his target simply because he used an old revelation and set aside the new one. I am not partial in any way, so if Moses could miss his destiny on account of one instance of disobedience, anybody who ignores the New Testament provisions is in trouble! (Heb. 2:3).

MAN: Thank you Father, it is now clear to me. But I want you to clarify 2 Sam. 24:24 where David said, “…Nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing…” Some preachers told us that even if we don’t have we could borrow in order to give. They encouraged us to give above our resources. Is that in order?

GOD: Read the whole passage from verse 11 to the end and you will see that nothing there suggests what your preachers are telling you. David as a king was wealthier than Aruanah who wanted to give him objects he needed free of charge. David declined because he could afford to pay for those items. Look at my final revelation from the Jerusalem Bible, “As long as the readiness is there, a man is acceptable with whatever he can afford; never mind what is beyond his means. This does not mean that before you give relief to others you ought to make things difficult for yourselves…” (2Cor. 8:12-14) The unfortunate thing about you humans is that you still want to stay around the stake to which you were tied even after your chains had been broken. It is not the fault of those preachers who take advantage of you; it is your fault because you are too lazy to find out the truth for yourselves.

MAN: Father, would you advise us these days to give all just like people did in Acts of the Apostles? Your Son Jesus commended the widow who gave all as the best giver. What do you say?

GOD: Really, giving all is the spirit of the New Testament. But I must quickly add that the situation then made giving all practicable. When people gave all, they were sure to have their needs met afterwards. A situation whereby giving all will only service the lusts and luxuries of a cabal, is unacceptable. Listen to what I inspired Paul to say in 2Cor. 8:13-14, “I am not trying to relieve others by putting a burden on you; but since you have plenty at this time, it is only fair that you should help those who are in need. Then when you are in need and they have plenty, they will help you. In this way both are treated equally.” That was the case in the early church. Today when all that your leaders emphasize is giving, but the needs of the poor are not catered for, you must be careful. You can have a project of ministering to the poor yourself if your church does not take it seriously.

And to answer your second question, I give way more than 10 percent of my income. I give to causes which the Holy Spirit will have me give to. Only if we could give tithes the way Abraham GAVE tithes. Our eyes would truly be opened to the person of Melchizedek today and not just compulsorily dropping 10 percent of our income everytime in Church, under the threat of being cursed or wanting to get a blessing. The argument for Abraham shows that he GAVE under neither of the circumstances. You can download the book that speaks entirely on the tithing system and how it should be done here http://mb.mettalloids.com/tithe-and-you-the-book/

Brother,

The verses you quote are commonly misunderstood. After work I will return to explain. But let me make this clear for now. God is not the author of confusion. If Paul and Peter were keeping the Law (Acts 21:20-25) how could he preach something different, that is hypocrisy? That should tell you instntly that you may have misunderstood.

Think of Acts 15, when Paul went to see the council in Jerusalem. Most Christians use this passage to suggest the gentiles are not required to obsevre the law of Moses. But let me show you why that is incorrect, and why it contradicts their own idea that "faith is all you need".

verse 19: "Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God"
In other words, do no trouble those who are just turning over to Christ.

verse 20: "But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood."

i.e. But thell them, there are certain laws they must adhere to immediately.

verse 21: "For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

i.e. They will learn the rest of the law as they go along, for the law is taught every sabbath in the synagogues.

Another interesting thing is verse 20. James says that they must adhere to certain things i.e. works. But modern christians say that just by believing, they are saved. Even the devil believes my brother. Those 4 things mentioned in verse 20, does the church even adhere to those? Your pastors sleep with members, people eat srangled creatures, and 'rare' steak i.e. with blood. Amazing
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 10:23am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You are wrong based on the account in Acts 21:20-25. Paul reported to the elders and he was accused of teaching people to forsake the law of Moses. They kept him with them as they were also zealous for the law. Read further down and to the next chapter to see how Paul presented his own case which they almost killed him for.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Brother,

The verses you quote are commonly misunderstood. After work I will return to explain. But let me make this clear for now. God is not the author of confusion. If Paul and Peter were keeping the Law (Acts 21:20-25) how could he preach something different, that is hypocrisy? That should tell you instntly that you may have misunderstood.

Think of Acts 15, when Paul went to see the council in Jerusalem. Most Christians use this passage to suggest the gentiles are not required to obsevre the law of Moses. But let me show you why that is incorrect, and why it contradicts their own idea that "faith is all you need".

verse 19: "Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God"

verse 20: "But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood."

verse 21: "For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

i.e. They will learn the rest of the law as they go along, for the law is taught every sabbath in the synagogues.

Another interesting thing is verse 20. James says that they must adhere to certain things i.e. works. But modern christians say that just by believing, they are saved. Even the devil believes my brother. Those 4 things mentioned in verse 20, does the church even adhere to those? Your pastors sleep with members, people eat srangled creatures, and 'rare' steak i.e. with blood. Amazing

Wow! This is interesting to read. So, this one passage you have quoted has made all I said invalid. Cool. Let's start obeying the law to be righteous then...hurries of to study the Torah!

I hate arguments, especially when people have not studied extensively. The passage you're talking about clearly speaks against the Law. Wait, are we trying to win arguments here or we are trying to learn? Anyone can win an argument, especially with the bible, but Paul was in big trouble there by what he preached (He preached against the Law of Moses) and they looked for a way to remedy the situation

Act 21:20 They listened with delight and gave God the glory. They had a story to tell, too: "And just look at what's been happening here--thousands upon thousands of God-fearing Jews have become believers in Jesus! But there's also a problem because they are more zealous than ever in observing the laws of Moses.
Act 21:21 They've been told that you advise believing Jews who live surrounded by Gentiles to go light on Moses, telling them that they don't need to circumcise their children or keep up the old traditions. This isn't sitting at all well with them.
Act 21:22 "We're worried about what will happen when they discover you're in town. There's bound to be trouble. So here is what we want you to do:
Act 21:23 There are four men from our company who have taken a vow involving ritual purification, but have no money to pay the expenses.
Act 21:24 Join these men in their vows and pay their expenses. Then it will become obvious to everyone that there is nothing to the rumors going around about you and that you are in fact scrupulous in your reverence for the laws of Moses.
Act 21:25 "In asking you to do this, we're not going back on our agreement regarding Gentiles who have become believers. We continue to hold fast to what we wrote in that letter, namely, to be careful not to get involved in activities connected with idols; to avoid serving food offensive to Jewish Christians; to guard the morality of sex and marriage."
Act 21:26 So Paul did it--took the men, joined them in their vows, and paid their way. The next day he went to the Temple to make it official and stay there until the proper sacrifices had been offered and completed for each of them.
Act 21:27 When the seven days of their purification were nearly up, some Jews from around Ephesus spotted him in the Temple. At once they turned the place upside-down. They grabbed Paul
Act 21:28 and started yelling at the top of their lungs, "Help! You Israelites, help! This is the man who is going all over the world telling lies against us and our religion and this place. He's even brought Greeks in here and defiled this holy place."
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 10:37am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Brother,

You are mixing the whole thing up bro. The gospel and revelation Paul had is different from what the others had, although as soon as he got converted, he preached the old gospel which is 'believe Jesus Christ is the son of God'. Christ kept on ministering to Paul about what the new mandate is. Paul says in Gal1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The man got this gospel straight from Christ. Peter, James, John and the eldes could not comprehend what the man was teaching either.

Any doctrine that says you should not eat or drink a certain thing, he called it another gospel different from the gospel of Christ.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are wrong based on the account in Acts 21:20-25. Paul reported to the elders and he was accused of teaching people to forsake the law of Moses. They kept him with them as they are also zealous for the law. Read further down ant to the next chapter to see how Paul presented his own case.

I know the scripture. Please, lay out your understanding so I can see your line of thinking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.