Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (661165 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2013
hmnn... words of wisdom. the guy sef is nawa! what is he rushing to kenya for ? ehnn! after his first experience there..... may be he has an unfinished love business there. abi..?
ogakpatakpata: .

l didn't want him to exit in the first place without his employment visa, when l saw the offer letter and the details, l asked him several questions concerning the company and from his answers l was able to deduce that it is not a reliable organisation,l suggested that he should discard the offer letter and look towards other organisations.

Moreover, l gave him other options, but, he was bent on going to kenya, this is the second time he is exiting to Kenya, l really feel for him now because he is going through a hard time in Nairobi, l guess his family in Nigeria might send him money to leave Kenya.........exiting anywhere without your employment visa in your hands is not the best, whether to Nigeria or anywhere, some organisations are just silly, they will tell you to exit, abandon you there and now go ahead and recruit new employees............very unfortunate.

lastly, For instance, if we employ you in my office, we don't tell you to go and wait for your visa in your home country, my HR has a fantastic relationship with the immigration, once we hire you, we issue you offer letter and within 15days we procure your employment visa, take you to the airport, we give you money to stay in the hotel in your country of exit and we come back to pick you from the airport on arrival, if you are a senior staff we take you to senior staff residence and if you are a junior staff we do like wise............that is what we do,but, so many organisations are just silly and unreliable.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2013
@dapelua, congratulations on your new job

@house, good morning/afternoon. > grin. Mean, it's has been a very illuminating 2 days. Almost fainted after the first day of meetings, trainings, etal but I thank God for strength. One of my fellow new colleagues actually broke down. Boss is like a child who has had too much sweets. Sooooo active. You gotta earn every aspect of that salary grin. In all I thank God I'm adapting.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by verocharles(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
all protocols observed. Igwe, justi and co. I just left Etihad office now and I was told that anybody that is less than 30years is regarded as minor now. So it wil be very difficult to issue visa to d person. My cousin is 26yrs so I had to suspend the Dubai processing visa for now. Just to pass the information for future travellers if there is any contrary view or way, please the person should share it in dis wonderful thread.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
verocharles: all protocols observed. Igwe, justi and co. I just left Etihad office now and I was told that anybody that is less than 30years is regarded as minor now. So it wil be very difficult to issue visa to d person. My cousin is 26yrs so I had to suspend the Dubai processing visa for now. Just to pass the information for future travellers if there is any contrary view or way, please the person should share it in dis wonderful thread.

@verocharles,

Thanks very much for the upgraded information, so that our intending applicants would have an idea of the current situation on ground. Sorry for the news that your brother cannot be considered because of his age.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Na wa for etihad o I was told 28yrs now 30yrs, what is happening? House good day

verocharles: all protocols observed. Igwe, justi and co. I just left Etihad office now and I was told that anybody that is less than 30years is regarded as minor now. So it wil be very difficult to issue visa to d person. My cousin is 26yrs so I had to suspend the Dubai processing visa for now. Just to pass the information for future travellers if there is any contrary view or way, please the person should share it in dis wonderful thread.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2013

This is sad, l thought another forumite said it was 28yrs old,but, have you tried Emirate airlines?......although, Etihad would have been more flexible because they allow you to book your hotel accommodation yourself unlike Emirate, or alternatively if you have trusted family members in the UAE you can approach them to assist you to mediate with some tour companies across the UAE,but, the problem is you might pay heavily if a private individual/local emirati or tour agency sponsor the visa because of the fear of such applicants not returning back to their home country after the expiration of their visa. It is sad that few stranded guys in the UAE have now made the government to wield the big stick, Emirate & Etihad where the two airlines who where so generous in sponsoring visa applications. This is going to affect so many sincere and genuine immigrants to the UAE.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
samee72: Na wa for etihad o I was told 28yrs now 30yrs, what is happening? House good day

You are also correct same72, all this is geared to weeding out illegal immigrants in the UAE, like l shared before with the information given to me by the UAE immigration officer, as we approach Expo 2020, the UAE will be sanitized and will only be for those who are coming here for genuine intentions,but, it is sad that while doing this noble venture innocent and sincere immigrants will be cut in the cross fire.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by aibisoye: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
[img][/img]

This is what I received today from tts, ethiad.

You are also correct same72, all this is geared to weeding out illegal immigrants in the UAE, like l shared before with the information given to me by the UAE immigration officer, as we approach Expo 2020, the UAE will be sanitized and will only be for those who are coming here for genuine intentions,but, it is sad that while doing this noble venture innocent and sincere immigrants will be cut in the cross fire.

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
Abeg make una no treathen me wit these age ish Cos me I don apply already and dey didn't tell me anytin abt age. I believe the best tin for dem to do is to make it compulsry for someone to have @least $3000 BTA wit him before boarding. And not limiting it to age. Some ppl made their first million naira @ d age of 19. While some ppl @ d age of 30 they haven't seen more dan 100k. Abi na lie?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
nattybanta: Abeg make una no treathen me wit these age ish Cos me I don apply already and dey didn't tell me anytin abt age. I believe the best tin for dem to do is to make it compulsry for someone to have @least $3000 BTA wit him before boarding. And not limiting it to age. Some ppl made their first million naira @ d age of 19. While some ppl @ d age of 30 they haven't seen more dan 100k. Abi na lie?

Well they are not doing it because of money but to stop the in flock of people that enter and refuse to exit.

I dont why you keep giving out different age limits to different applicants.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by verocharles(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
after seeing aibisoye post, I had to call their customer care, she asked me to come on Monday with international passport, coloured passport with white background 85dollars, 2500service charge and the current flight ticket is 135000. I asked after age she said 25yrs and above. There is distortion of information over there. I wil be there on Monday to know if I can see one of their supervisors for clearer details. This morning they mentioned minor is 30yrs downwards
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Dafa(m): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Please keep us updated. If its age 25 like you were told, does it require any ties, cos I heard they require that also.

verocharles: after seeing aibisoye post, I had to call their customer care, she asked me to come on Monday with international passport, coloured passport with white background 85dollars, 2500service charge and the current flight ticket is 135000. I asked after age she said 25yrs and above. There is distortion of information over there. I wil be there on Monday to know if I can see one of their supervisors for clearer details. This morning they mentioned minor is 30yrs downwards
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Good day igwe, I hope you are fine? As you can see there is a lot of confusion with this age thing, @justi how you dey? Henrimoto what's up?

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bakosu: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Etihad told me on phone that the age limit is 42 years,why the inconsistency in their statements!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bakosu: 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
I need to someone in the house to tell if it a must for one to have paid for the flight ticket when applying for visa with etihad airline?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
this etihad pple are so confuse, d first time i call dem dey say 23, d second day dey say 25, now dat there is a new law they are sayin 30 25 the age tin keep flauntuating. I will advice pple to start highing there age because if u are desperate to travel dis age tin go just Bleep u up. Dat is what is affecting me rite nw, som of us dat even have d mind of decreasing our age.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
bakosu: I need to someone in the house to tell if it a must for one to have paid for the flight ticket when applying for visa with etihad airline?

Yes sometimes they request you to book your ticket when applying or when the visa is being processed.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
samee72:
Good day igwe, I hope you are fine? As you can see there is a lot of confusion with this age thing, @justi how you dey? Henrimoto what's up?

Am fine dear thanks for asking..hope you are doing well too.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
samee72:

l am fine, the age imbroglio is just a measure to keep immigrants away from the country,but, apart from Etihad, there are other tour agencies to consider because l keep seeing immigrant less than 23yrs entering the UAE, we are now hearing of 25yrs, 28yrs, 30yrs, l think l will suggest we look towards other tour agencies , although, they might charge more.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
bakosu: I need to someone in the house to tell if it a must for one to have paid for the flight ticket when applying for visa with etihad airline?

It is not compulsory to pay for ticket before applying for visa,but sometimes they might want you to pay for the ticket, if you know any of their staff, what they will do is to make a ticket reservation for you without payment to enable them apply for the visa, once the visa is approved, the old reservation is cancelled and you can now make a fresh reservation and pay for your ticket, the reason why l will suggest you get your visa before making a seat reservation is because supposing the visa application is denied, it means you now ask for ticket refund and you certainly will not get the actual amount you purchase your ticket originally, so it is better you get your visa then go and book for your ticket.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
bakosu: Etihad told me on phone that the age limit is 42 years,why the inconsistency in their statements

They are very inconsistent, even the visa issue, l called them and took them up on that, they will sponsor your visa application,and it will read 2months when it is approved by the UAE immigration,but, unfortunately, when you arrive the UAE and you are stamped in by border officials it becomes 1month, l asked them why put 2months on the e-visa and on arrival it becomes 1month, they couldn't give me any satisfactory answer.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
@goodtalk...................how are you?.. it's been quite a while... cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hmm...this is getting out of hand it seems. My take is that the airline is being economical with the truth. There's more to this whole fluctuating age limits they are dishing out >sad
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
@aibisoye.....The instructions below is directly from Etihad airways website( ttsuaevisas.com), so you can see the inconsistencies in their dealings with clients, there is no where on their website where they talk about the age disparities of 25yrs,28yrs or 30yrs except they have not updated their website,which will be misleading to the public:

Important Instructions:

Dependants of the Applicants: Dependants are defined as Spouse/ Children below 21 years of age / Parents above 60 years of age. Supporting Documents proving the relation status has to be enclosed by guest.
For minor/Married women: Photo ID of parents/ husband. Copy of the host passport / residence visa.
Etihad Airways reserve the rights about sponsorship.
Etihad Airways will not sponsor unaccompanied minor and students.
Please note the immigration department will consider applications from minors or students only if they are travelling with parents.
Only machine readable Passports will be accepted. Hand written Passport will not be accepted.
Document upload: Only JPEG format will accepted and document size should not be more than 1 MB.
E Visa sponsored by Etihad Airways cannot be extended.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
ogakpatakpata:
@aibisoye.....The instructions below is directly from Etihad airways website( ttsuaevisas.com), so you can see the inconsistencies in their dealings with clients, there is no where they state 25yrs,28yrs or 30yrs except they have not updated their website,which will be misleading to the public:

Important Instructions:

Dependants of the Applicants: Dependants are defined as Spouse/ Children below 21 years of age / Parents above 60 years of age. Supporting Documents proving the relation status has to be enclosed by guest.
For minor/Married women: Photo ID of parents/ husband. Copy of the host passport / residence visa.
Etihad Airways reserve the rights about sponsorship.
Etihad Airways will not sponsor unaccompanied minor and students.
Please note the immigration department will consider applications from minors or students only if they are travelling with parents.
Only machine readable Passports will be accepted. Hand written Passport will not be accepted.
Document upload: Only JPEG format will accepted and document size should not be more than 1 MB.
E Visa sponsored by Etihad Airways cannot be extended.

gud evenning sir, dis what u got from there website? But if u call dey tel u anoda tin. Well done sir.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
@namqul..................You are welcome my brother, Etihad is just behaving very funny, l don't know if this is applicable to other countries because l keep seeing under-23 arriving the UAE, even of recent my office employed some new workers, and by virtue of my position at work l saw all their passport during their interview, l was shocked to see 21yr & 22 yr old amongst all the new employees, l was like is this for real, why are they doing this to Nigerians.l am still at a loss why the discrimination against Nigerians, we have so many illegal immigrants from different countries in the UAE,it is not applicable to just one country alone, so they should apply the age restrictions to other countries in the spirit of fair play, although, this is my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by RAPMAN02(m): 3:56am On Dec 14, 2013
pease I need sm1 to explain to me, all what I need to study in dubai.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 14, 2013
RAPMAN02: pease I need sm1 to explain to me, all what I need to study in dubai.

It depends on what/which program/discipline you intend pursuing, Education is very expensive in the UAE, for undergarduate courses, Nigeria WAEC/NECO certificates is accepted for admission purposes,but, you have to take your time to search and re-search for different schools/institutions in the UAE to see all their requirements and tuitions, the link below will take you to one of the universities in the UAE, take your time and go through it:

www.uowdubai.ac.ae/bi/.

Besides, this question has been addressed several times by different contributors on this thread, take your time and read backwards.Enjoy a robust reading session.

Good luck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Dafa(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2013
I think the age thing is been imposed by Etihad Airlines to scare people away, when I called the lady she couldnt figure one age to tell me, she also said one has to prove ties to the country, so as much as you can convince them, there's really no age barrier. And of cos its to also keep nigerians turning into immigrants.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by UI1: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2013
nattybanta: congrats bro. I hope I also tapped into ur blessing. @ oga what of the guy that was offered a job in TRIPOLI?

They sent a reminder email to me last week, reminding me to do online assessment which i did since. I mail them back that i have did the online assessment and as well call them on phone to clerify that. My hope is not on them
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by FBICIA(m): 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello my people Ɣε̲̣aђ
It has been a very long time
Igwe! Oba alaye igba keji orisha the only king of Dubai Emirate on nairaland,
Baale of qatar kingdom,
All the high chiefs I bow my head,
All the faithful contributors I hail una,
All honest readers I trow wey salute.......

Ogakpatakpata I can't find the page where the answer to my question was written but am sure have read it sometimes ago but couldn't find it.
I need a working site to check the validity of a dubai entry permit, that one, will just input passport number and maybe UID number and entry permit number. Those sites have been checking isn't working or it will be writing the same thing over and over. Have tried all these

www.mol.gov.ae/newMolGateway/english/newIndex.asp#

http://www.moifawri.ae/Modules/

www.ednrd.ae/portal/pls/portal/INIMM_DB.DBPK_VISAVALIDITY.Query_VisaValidity

I need a good site like the qatar own for dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
U.I:

They sent a reminder email to me last week, reminding me to do online assessment which i did since. I mail them back that i have did the online assessment and as well call them on phone to clerify that. My hope is not on them
Thanks for the update. I and we wish u d best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.