Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (659453 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ayenny02(m): 5:32am On Feb 25, 2013
etochi11: Also, what kind of job/work should i be expecting there? As a nigeiran graduate
expect mostly security job with free accomodation nd expecting like 2000riyard or more per mth

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by etochi11(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2013
Pls sir,, like how much is it in naira?? Good morning
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bethnals: 8:25am On Feb 25, 2013
suxes2005: If you're thinking of working in UAE the best bet like someone
said here is to go there with the tourist visa and get a good
job within 2 weeks.
You still have to come home before your 2
years work permit can be processed (depends on the company though).

You sure its that easy? Just fly over and within 2 weeks you will find something?

Are you talking about those professionals with experience or what? I was thinking of flying over from UK for a month or so after I finish one course......
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by rollyfemmy: 8:53am On Feb 25, 2013
cnwamo: I've finally given up hope on going to qatar to work
I can't imagine leaving my 140k per month job to go to qatar to start working as a cleaner or truck driver, doesn't make sense.
I've searched the internet for days about getting a nursing job in qatar but it seems impossible also I heard that work permits that are granted are different and that You may pay your hard earned money to these agents and all you get is a permit that won't allow you work as a professional. I'm seeing so many things on the internet and I don't think the risk is worth it infact its not even tempting.
My advice please before anyone decides to spend their hard earned cash on this qatar work visas he should try and contact someone over there, unfortunately I don't have anyone over there I only have in dubai and he said if it were dubai I was interested in that it may work but that he aint sure about qatar and also search articles online about how nigerians are roaming the streets of qatar because when they got there they couldn't secure jobs that were promised to them by these dubious agents.
Abeg make I rest my hands jare.
He that has ears let him hear.

Off to write ielts exam and apply to canada as a registered nurse cheesy

Pls stay in nigeria...most of the nurse employed here are from canada,USA and so on...if you want to get a Job as a nurse here..there are vacancy most of the times but for residents..it's either u take d risk and come,get resident and apply and get a Job or stay in nigeria if you mind does not go with d Idea. Kallas
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bethnals: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2013
@ rollyfemmy

How easy is it to get job once you have a visa ? is it sharp sharp or what tongue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 25, 2013
jammyng: Pls guys, which is better for jobs, dubai or abu dhabi?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ayenny02(m): 10:20am On Feb 25, 2013
[quote author=bethnals]@ rollyfemmy
i want you people to realise one thing, travel abroad is a risk a place where u wil go nd start from square one, so some people are going there nd getting rich while some are poor, all depend on prayer nd luck

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bethnals: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2013
[quote author=ayenny02][/quote]

Of course risk and reward. But there is likelyhood. If theres plenty of jobs available its ok to come. But if there's no its a waste, espically if eveything is 'apply online'. Thats why we asking on the situation in Qatar/UAE.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fumkos: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
alexray:

bros, i still they wait o!!!

ALEXRAY,
I WILL BE GOING TO DUBAI AND QATAR BY 1ST OF APRIL, GOD WILLINNG.I WILL GET THE LIST AND POST TO YOU WHEN I GET BACK BY 12TH OF APRIL. YOU ARE GOING FIST WEEK IN MAY, RIGHT?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by chucky234(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
For those interested in working in Qatar or Dubai you can get job employment from the comfort of your room,just log on to www.bayt.com register and have your CV uploaded.
If you need any help to help you with job sourcing I will post all info on this thread.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kagari: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
@chuy234 kindly do. Jobs in dubai asked me to pay 92 canadian dollars rufundable though, but a lot of pple are its a scam.is it wise livin a job of 100k naira to search 4 jobs in dubai?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
fumkos:

ALEXRAY,
I WILL BE GOING TO DUBAI AND QATAR BY 1ST OF APRIL, GOD WILLINNG.I WILL GET THE LIST AND POST TO YOU WHEN I GET BACK BY 12TH OF APRIL. YOU ARE GOING FIST WEEK IN MAY, RIGHT?

yes o!!!, thanks i appreciate
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by chucky234(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
kagari: @chuy234 kindly do. Jobs in dubai asked me to pay 92 canadian dollars rufundable though, but a lot of pple are its a scam.is it wise livin a job of 100k naira to search 4 jobs in dubai?
You don't need to pay a dime to anyone to get job in Qatar except if you are going through agents,you can check the list of jobs available on bayt.com
I'll get more reliable Middle East job sites where vacancies are advertised daily.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by chimaaba22(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
cnwamo:

I tried the link but unfortunately it said forbidden to my server something like that maybe I can't access it from nigeria?
pls try to remove the PDF aspect of the link and click the site will open.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Dubai and abu dhabi, which is better?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2013
jammyng: Dubai and abu dhabi, which is better?

Better for rich people with big spending money?
or
Better for street boi hussler & Yahoo Yahoo?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2013
I just want to share my recent experience with emirates airlines...
I recently booked a 3 day stopover with my siblings last december (2 of them) in dubai we were flying to london... Their services were amazing!
First let me list what u get...
They arrange ur visa for you..(Its not as high as the 160-200$ these agents charge)
Hotel accomodation, we chose howard johnson.. Free buffet breakfast, american breakfast all u can eat.. The hotel is very verY gooD, I was impressed being the cheapest on d list( would upload pictures if I knew how to)
Meet and greet service, someone(from arabian adventures) holding up uR name on a placard and helping u through passport control(not following u everywhere sha)..
Pick up and drop off..Then they pick u up from the airport and drop u at ur hotel... And come back to pick u up 3 hours before depature from ur hotel... (Bare in mind u've saved some money on taxi as I heard taxis at the airport tend to overcharge)
The 3 of us paid approximately 800$ for the 3 nights in december( and I'll advise u to find time to go to their office and get a quote because those people u speak with on the phone always give u a wrong quote... They initially charged us 1000 ish dollars or something like that)

And then I think when u book with thEm u get 10kg of extra luggage, I'm not too sure how this work but I found out a few days before we were supposed to leave england that we were entitled to 10kg each of extra luggage because of the kind of reservation we had...

And then the person that said something abt etihad airways and age restrictions... Emirates would process ur visa whether or not ur up to 25 I know this because I (21 n female) traveled with my siblings (23 male) and (17 female) and My friend used etihad in 2011 with his sister he was just 20, and his sister 18... Maybe their rules have changed sha I can't say...

Tips: DO NOT BUY ETISALAT SIMCARD AT THE AIRPoRT if u can do without. They'll charge u 60 dirhAms for the sim card and some international minutes and havE u pay agAin for blackberry service andv its a lot cheaper outside...
The desert safari was the highlight of my trip..lol try not to miss it..
Didn't get to go to the market sha, but shopping in d malls are way more expensive than uk&us for those popular stores h&m new look forever 21 etc... But splash and shoe express (dubai stores I think prices are ok and then they had sales going on..got really cheap hand bags for like 39dirhams and flat shoes like 19Dirhams.. Quality ok not fantAstic but for d price...)

Sorry lol too much rambling

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 26, 2013
olu16:
I just want to share my recent experience with emirates
airlines...
I recently booked a 3 day stopover with my siblings last december (2 of
them) in dubai we were flying to london... Their services were amazing!
First let me list what u get...
They arrange ur visa for you..(Its not as high as the 160-200$ these
agents charge)
Hotel accomodation, we chose howard johnson.. Free buffet breakfast,
american breakfast all u can eat.. The hotel is very verY gooD, I was
impressed being the cheapest on d list( would upload pictures if I knew
how to)
Meet and greet service, someone(from arabian adventures) holding up uR
name on a placard and helping u through passport control(not following u
everywhere sha)..
Pick up and drop off..Then they pick u up from the airport and drop u at
ur hotel... And come back to pick u up 3 hours before depature from ur
hotel... (Bare in mind u've saved some money on taxi as I heard taxis at
the airport tend to overcharge)
The 3 of us paid approximately 800$ for the 3 nights in december( and
I'll advise u to find time to go to their office and get a quote because
those people u speak with on the phone always give u a wrong quote...
They initially charged us 1000 ish dollars or something like that)

And then I think when u book with thEm u get 10kg of extra luggage, I'm
not too sure how this work but I found out a few days before we were
supposed to leave england that we were entitled to 10kg each of extra
luggage because of the kind of reservation we had...

And then the person that said something abt etihad airways and age
restrictions... Emirates would process ur visa whether or not ur up to
25 I know this because I (21 n female) traveled with my siblings (23 male)
and (17 female) and My friend used etihad in 2011 with his sister he
was just 20, and his sister 18... Maybe their rules have changed sha I
can't say...

Tips: DO NOT BUY ETISALAT SIMCARD AT THE AIRPoRT if u can do without.
They'll charge u 60 dirhAms for the sim card and some international
minutes and havE u pay agAin for blackberry service andv its a lot
cheaper outside...
The desert safari was the highlight of my trip..lol try not to miss it..
Didn't get to go to the market sha, but shopping in d malls are way more
expensive than uk&us for those popular stores h&m new look
forever 21 etc... But splash and shoe express (dubai stores I think
prices are ok and then they had sales going on..got really cheap hand
bags for like 39dirhams and flat shoes like 19Dirhams.. Quality ok not
fantAstic but for d price...)

Sorry lol too much rambling

This is no rambling my dear, it's informative.

I got a quote frm them, same hotel(online review is bad, alot of
compliant abt noise frm d night club) is this true??

Who was ur safari tour? Arabian adventure?? & how much was it??

How did u make payments 2 emirates, in dollar or naira equivalent. Was
it cash @ their office or via acc??

D splash & shoe express where is it located??

U initially said they quoted $1000, but ended up paying 800. U
negotiated wit them or what?? D quote they gave was $1500 for 5night.

My correspondence wit them has been thru mail, i work in a remote
location, so going 2 their office is slim. Is possible 2 get a lower
quote if go in person or send someone on my behalf. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by yanyan(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
How can someone get job in Dubai and qatar? kiss

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by etochi11(m): 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Pls,, how much is dubai currency in naira
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by etochi11(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
Pls,, how much is dubai currency in naira
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Abiolabalogun(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
etochi11: Pls,, how much is dubai currency in naira
#42.50
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
Please try not to fall into the hands of agents.......You need to see the amount of DELETED guys around that area and the way they hang around. I was opportuned to meet a DELETED guy that is in dubai now. He came through an agent that promised him a job here in dubai but came and the rest is history. Imagine 10 guys staying in 1room and they paid 700dirham I.e 29,000naira for Naira for each person, Even some of them left their well paid jobs in Nigeria only for them to be scammed by agents promising heaven and earth. Be Warned!!!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
alexray:

This is no rambling my dear, it's informative.

I got a quote frm them, same hotel(online review is bad, alot of
compliant abt noise frm d night club) is this true??

Yh true there's a night club there, we were on the 2nd floor and could hardly hear the noise from the club... You can always ask for a higher floor the elevators there work well so don't be too worried about going up and down the stairs... And there's a rooftop pool too no one told us that we found out on our last day... I was burnt lol
Who was ur safari tour? Arabian adventure?? & how much was it??
No it was with north tours we paid abt 400dirhams for 3 of us. We called a day in advance... We were lucky they weren't fully booked we paid when they came to pick us up.
How did u make payments 2 emirates, in dollar or naira equivalent. Was
it cash @ their office or via acc??

You have to pay the dollar equivalent at their office in victoria island after they give u the quote... There's somewhere around the office where u can buy dollars its like 5 minutes walk..
Also paying for their ticket, we had to go to citibank with dollar equivalent tho the guy said u can do bank transfer..

D splash & shoe express where is it located??

We went to d ones at dubai mall...
Can't say for sure what floor its on because the way that mall is constructed is soo... I dunno on the right side it looks asif ur on d 1st floor and from the opposite side its like ur on the 2nd floor...

U initially said they quoted $1000, but ended up paying 800. U
negotiated wit them or what?? D quote they gave was $1500 for 5night.

Nope I didn't even mention the initial quote to them. just ask for a break down... But I'm thinking it was cheaper since we shared a room but still $800 for 3 people..

My correspondence wit them has been thru mail, i work in a remote
location, so going 2 their office is slim. Is possible 2 get a lower
quote if go in person or send someone on my behalf.

I got a lower quote when I went to their office... Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ alexray just thought I should add... Just in case they still quote $1000 for u just let them do only the visa for you because imo its not worth it!
There's this hotel my aunt stayed in 2011 close to deira... Dream palace hotel she said its abt 150dirhams per night. I've seen good deals on booking.com too. Never used them don't know anyone that has used them too. So I'm not too sure if its legit or a scam.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
worry 359:

Better for rich people with big spending money?
or
Better for street boi hussler & Yahoo Yahoo?
for work
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
How much is Deira park hotel for a night. Thanks will expect your reply.
justi4jesu: Please try not to fall into the hands of agents.......Am presently lodging in Deira Park Hotel and you need to see the amount of DELETED guys around that area and the way they hang around. I was opportuned to meet a DELETED guy that is in dubai now. He came through an agent that promised him a job here in dubai but came and the rest is hirtory. Imagine 10 guys staying in 1room and they paid 700dirham I.e 29,000naira for Naira for each person, Even some of them left their well paid jobs in Nigeria only for them to be scammed by agents promising heaven and earth.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
Deira Park Hotel is 300dirhams per night
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 27, 2013
Can't someone get between 120 and 150dhs per night without breakfast within that area. Thanks, expecting your reply.
justi4jesu: Deira Park Hotel is 300dirhams per nite
Gulf star hotel which is close to deira park hotel is 250dirhams.
I like Deira park hotel because you are entitled to free Breakfast and it is serve ur self.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Can't someone get between 120 and 150dhs per night without breakfast within that area. Thanks, expecting your reply.
You can get it for dat prix but only for sharing. I.e you will be sharing a room with someone you don't know. That's d only way you can pay that amount.
But there is one hotel that collects that amount, BLUE DIAMOND, its 150dirhams and if you want to share its 80dirhams..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
Thanks alot, how is the hustling/bustling of dubai? my kid brother will be there before 15th of march. He is coming purely to work, he has got some international job experience and certifications. l hope he gets to meet you when he arrives if possible. please share whatever information you have here that will assist him and others who might like to come work in dubai. Thanks.
justi4jesu:
You can get it for dat prix but only for sharing. I.e you will be sharing a room with someone you don't know. That's d only way you can pay that amount.
But there is one hotel that collects that amount, BLUE DIAMOND, its 150dirhams and if you want to share its 80dirhams..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Thanks alot, how is the hustling/bustling of dubai? my kid brother will be there before 15th of march. He is coming purely to work, he has got some international job experience and certifications. l hope he gets to meet you when he arrives if possible. please share whatever information you have here that will assist him and others who might like to come work in dubai. Thanks.
You better tell your brother to think it all over again because there is no job except you have one to two months visa and you are willing to stay with 10boys in a room for 700dirham, most agents are scammers because they will scam you right from your visa and ticket, imagine one of the boys that came here lastweek paid his agent 600,000naira for visa,ticket and job. Only for this guy to enter dubai and the agent keeps telling him to relax meanwhile he was told the job was waiting for him to resume in dubai. See you people shouldn't fall for those scammers, if you want a job here in dubai,just process ur visa and ticket at the normal rate and come down to dubai to start ur suffering. Jokes apart,these boys are suffering..if you hear their stories. So the decision is yours to make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.