Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (58072 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate / Hnd Holders, Universities With Hnd To Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by meerah25(f): 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
samilo88:
You this good for nothing girl. You calling someone who wrote complete and correct sentences a jambite whereas you so called "graduate" can't write a simple and correct sentence in all your posts. We'll like to know the polytechnic you graduated from. You are a disgrace to polytechnic education. Go get a life and stop fooling yourself on a faceless social network.

the only jerk that needs life is You,what i see in your write up is bad English. . .when writting a CV or any application take it to polytechnic graduate the would do it deligent for you. . .just as iam doing to so called university graduates. . .during my OND i wrote many projects to final year students. . .who is fooling who?
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by FXKing2012(m): 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
meerah25: . . .during my OND i wrote many projects to final year students. . .who is fooling who?
You wrote many projects for final year students with this your rotten English? Chai! You make me laugh in Ghangnam Style.

You need an adviser because you obviously dont have one. My 6year old nephew should teach you how to write proper English so you would stop embarassing other poly graduates.

3 Likes

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by ishmael(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
My best advice is for us to discourage people from going to polytechnics until govt does something about the discrimination. It is better to go to college of education, spend 3 yrs and get NCE, atleast u have hope of getting employed as level 07 officer, while knowing fully that u're not yet a graduate. Polytechnic rectors, registrars, lecturers (ASUP), students, etc. should stage a peaceful demo to national assembly and presidency to let the govt know how the poly community feel about the unjust discrimination against them. Until this issue is settled i dont advice anyone to go to poly or to do HND.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by hakunamatata1: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
meerah25:

Oh my God! You are still barking your stupidity? Get a life. . .i told you to prove if you are not a jambite. . .do i have to repeat myself to you?i live with university graduates who can't speak English neather write application. . .how many university graduates that study computer science as a course that can't operate computers?i lost count. . .recently a mass communication graduate from one of the university could'nt operate studio camera,while an OND student from the polytechnic have to guide him. . .my facts are endless if iam to draw a list. . .who is the Big Embrrassment here?
so what's d point u r trying to make- poly grads are better?...... u must be good @ joking. polygrads are groomed to b technologists while Unigrads are designed to managers.
check ur records: the uneducated corpers most times mentioned r polygrads who like calling themselves 'GRADUATES' making it hard 4 pple to know d diff. in my firm, i hav a HND corper & a Uni IT student, blieve me, the IT student happened to b way ahead ur poly colleague by miles. he makes my work much easier & can solve most issues well without much ado. ur polygrad on the other hand, ......i hav to do all d thinking for him & spoon-feed him everything. so i dont know from which world u observed ur falacious facts from.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by hakunamatata1: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
POLY ENGLISH:
meerah25:

the only jerk that needs life is You,what i see in your write up is bad English. . .when writting a CV or any application take it to polytechnic graduate the would do it deligent for you. . .just as iam doing to so called university graduates. . .during my OND i wrote many projects to final year students. . .who is fooling who?

UNI ENGLISH:
the only jerk that needs a life is You. What i see in your write up is bad English. . .WHEN WRITING a CV or an application, take it to a polytechnic graduate WHO would RENDER IT ERROR-PROOF for you just as i DO FOR SOME so-called university graduates. . .During my OND, i wrote many projects FOR final year students. SO, who is fooling who?
P.S
seriously, you've never been tutored by a prof . with this ur grammar, u would win 2 extra years!

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by ishmael(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
U guys should stop all these insults and bashings. The truth is that the nigerian educational system is faulty. We have bad and low quality poly graduates just the same way we have half-baked and low quality uni graduates. My candid advice still remains, free poly for now and embrace university education.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by FXKing2012(m): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
hakuna matata: POLY ENGLISH:

UNI ENGLISH:
the only jerk that needs a life is You. What i see in your write up is bad English. . .WHEN WRITING a CV or an application, take it to a polytechnic graduate WHO would RENDER IT ERROR-PROOF for you just as i DO FOR SOME so-called university graduates. . .During my OND, i wrote many projects FOR final year students. SO, who is fooling who?
P.S
seriously, you've never been tutored by a prof . with this ur grammar, u would win 2 extra years!
That meerah25 chic is almost a lost cause because she thinks she knows when she knows nothing.
She makes for a good laugh though.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by ishmael(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
That meerah25 chic is almost a lost cause because she thinks she knows when she knows nothing.
Leave her alone and concentrate on the topic of discussion.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by ishmael(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
Leave her alone and concentrate on the topic of discussion. We need ur input on this good topic.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by meerah25(f): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
hakuna matata: POLY ENGLISH:

UNI ENGLISH:
P.S

tutor by prof or not is not the issue here,but the important point,i make it clear to you,thats what matters. . .whats that your name?'hakuna matata' isnt kiddies catoons?

Please i want adults to reply me not babies kids ok.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Belloladan(m): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
I am one of the HND victims because i spent 6yr in the polytechnic where i was graduted from, i did pre ND 1yr then ND 2yr + 1yr IT before i procceded to HND 2yr NYSC 1yr making 7yr all and i am still below Bsc holder what kind injustice is this? in nigerian education systems
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Belloladan(m): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
I am one of the HND victims because i spent 6yr in the polytechnic where i was graduated from, i did pre ND 1yr then ND 2yr + 1yr IT before i procceded to HND 2yr NYSC 1yr making 7yr all and i am still below Bsc holder what kind of injustice is this? in nigerian education systems
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by meerah25(f): 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
Bello ladan: I am one of the HND victims because i spent 6yr in the polytechnic where i was graduated from, i did pre ND 1yr then ND 2yr + 1yr IT before i procceded to HND 2yr NYSC 1yr making 7yr all and i am still below Bsc holder what kind of injustice is this? in nigerian education systems

so sad really,lets hope things get around for the best.cheers

1 Like

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by hakunamatata1: 6:45am On Mar 17, 2013
meerah25:

tutor by prof or not is not the issue here,but the important point,i make it clear to you,thats what matters. . .whats that your name?'hakuna matata' isnt kiddies catoons?

Please i want adults to reply me not babies kids ok.
there she goes again!
CORRECTION- hakuna matata is neither the title for a cartoon movie nor the name for a cartoon xter. its just a south african word that means 'DONT WORRY @ ALL'.
sweetie, dont just go to school - get educated pls.
p.s: i aint that young- u wld be suprised to know.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by FXKing2012(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2013
hakuna matata:
there she goes again!
CORRECTION- hakuna matata is neither the title for a cartoon movie nor the name for a cartoon xter. its just a south african word that means 'DONT WORRY @ ALL'.

Please ignore that illiterate, she's the worst thing to happen to Nigerian education system.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by esunnex: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2013
Candid advice
I hv a friend studying nursery and primary education in a university bt later wrote anoda jamb and was admitted to study accountin in a polytechnic.wot can u advice him to do leave university for polytechnic in d name of course or wot?
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Lordwize(m): 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
stupor:

I am also one of the best to speak on matters as these as I hate to tell people about it.I have both the Poly and Uni education at almost all the levels frm OND,HND to Msc in Uni.

With my AAT its a direct entry to 300 level without seating for exams in the Uni.including my ICAN or PGD and MBA.

Its very easy to pass any given exam in the University esp.when you come from the Polytechnic,you are nO dare-god,I was like a tin-god,I don't talk in class,but after every exam lecturers all end up to be my friend as they always want tO know which level I was in my ACCA and ICAN.

Cut the story short,get an education and if you must get any,never jeopardize that Polytechnic Offer letter,it can make you also a Tin-god in whatever field you so wishes.

My university experience was just to frolick,flirt,learn more about women and socials,I passed major Uni exams woithout reading,but only depend On my HND class lessons.that's a poly Trade secret if you must know.

Go to Yabatech and ask on average how many are already qualified Chartered Accountants at OND 2,and yet still humbly offer themselves loyalty to their lecturers.

University is for sports,Soundcity special events,Miss Nigeria,Tuface,Dbanj Concerts,while a Polytechnic is strictly for learning.

So kindly let our minds remain constructively positive and lets stop segregating as it leads no where. !

As an earner of both worlds at all levels,its always natural for someone who is jealous and of inferior esteem to feel threatened and that is the case of major Uni grads.its just like placing two kids in a roOm to study,the younger likes studying while the older just like palying around and when exams come,the younger dusted and left the older one in the class.but each time they get outside to play with others the older tries to show superiority,but only in age terms as he is a junior to his younger one in class !

That's the Uni-Poly analysis ! The younger one is the Polytechnic grad ! Who doesn care about Other frivlities and plays except books and learning.

Even despite getting Uni Ed.i was still being hated upon because i came from the Poly.and i often dust everyone of my Uni Coursemates during exams and always loved by my lecturers !

I borrowed one of my PHD lecturer my Group Consolidation theory when he wanted to write ACCA.he failed that stage 5 times consecutively in ICAN before opting for ACCA !

So I leave the rest of the emotions for you all to control,its not lipservice,if you never attended A poly and you see one so remarkable,it can make you feel with your BSC or MSC you have not attended any school at all !

Its just the rare drill of an average Poly grad.I heard the same about NCE holders too but I think an OND is a more refined scholar built for the institutional econOmics and less of a teacher.
BRO, by chance you see my post, I will like you to help me with the name of the UNI that gave you 300L. I want to do same. This is my e-mail wisdomaboki@yahoo.com my no. 08033579912. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by meerah25(f): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
hakuna matata:
there she goes again!

You must be a learner,if you don't know a catoon exist with that tittle,*eeew* so odd,now who need that Education badly?i love it when people exhibit their ignorancesmiley
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by FXKing2012(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
meerah25:

You must be a learner,if you don't know a catoon exist with that tittle,*eeew* so odd,now who need that Education badly?i love it when people exhibit their ignorancesmiley
This one sentence by you has five (5) errors in it; you are indeed a disgrace to the Nigerian education system. Tufiakwa!!

1 Like

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by hakunamatata1: 5:52am On Apr 15, 2013
meerah25:

o ma se o! what a pity!! what a waste of resources!!!
if u need to b spoon-fed, i wld go the extra mile: the movie is Disneys animated feature titled 'THE LION KING'.
So my dear, pls go back to school........& i mean, a real school!

1 Like

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by nigger009(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr. FXKING2012, that sentence "you have far to go" is absolutely correct. You are the one that need to improve your grammar, not she. By the way, do you really gain from fx market or are you a gambler?
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Samcathe: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
The problem is not really the institution. The problem is you..A mans gift will make a way for him
It is only in this part of the world that will celebrate certificate. In the developed countries.,they celebrate Inventions.
Infact.,People with world great exploit are not even educated.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by ishmael(m): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Are u good in conducting research? Can u work with a team of researchers? I want us to carrying out a good research study to find out if there is a significant difference btw poly HND graduates and uni Bsc/BA graduates. We don't need to be assuming all the time like most nigerians do, that the university graduates are better than the polytechnic graduates. We want to gather facts and test emperically to see the outcome. I need guys that can collaborate with me in doing this, and we shall post the findings and results here on nairaland. Pls indicate interest if u want to take part and i will tell u the role to play. N.B. It's just a social research work and not a research project work for the award of a degree or diploma.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by say9ng(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2013
GET ADMISSION FOR MSC IN EUROPE WITH YOUR. HND OR BSC
FOR MORE INFO 08023027544 , 7C166C75

IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA YOU DISCRIMINATE HND
IN ABROAD BOTH BSC AND HND ARE UNDERGRADUTE YOUR TRANSCRIPT IS THE MAIN THING ,IN EUROPE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ABREVIATION MAY BSC , HND , PMI , NCE, HNC, BED,BLAH BLAH BLAH..
WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE IS YOUR TOTAL UNIT MAY BE IT IS OVER 120 CREDIT UNIT .AND CHECK IF U AV ACTUALLY DONE RELEVANT COURSE THEY NEED NOT JUST YEYE COURSES .
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Necsy: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2013
ishmael: No, the profs and PhD holders are not technically good to some extent, so what will they be teaching in the poly? Theory? In a school where so much technical knowledge and skills are needed at ND & HND levels to distinguish the poly graduates from the uni graduates? The poly will need profs and PhD holders when they start running their own masters and PhD programmes, which would be more of theory and research. For now they need skills and technical knowledge which can be given to them by msc, bsc and hnd holders.
y u de decide ursef bro? Dm de talk abt cert dat can scale 1 tru easily, nd here u ar talkin abt theory nd technicality. Wu cares abt ur technicality in naija? Wise up man
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Necsy: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
benzion72: Good write up, with a fair few. But you need more than a degree to survive today's world. In fact I can say the present educational set up is a waste of people time, money and energy. People still study dead men theory for year and get certificated not knowing today's market current demand. I think young people should identify their talent and use everything within them to develop it, until they become a master in it. That I think is what education should be.
u are d only great felo i cn point 2 in dis trend. Tell ur youth bro. U ar my man joor
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by boay(m): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
I love the write up and I have seen many intelligent comments. The discrimination is pathetic and many of our brothers and sisters are victims. An HND holder will not be employed to teach in my school (a university), but a BSC holder will be employed to teach in polytechnics. An OND holder will start from year 2 in a university after 3 years in polytechnic(IT period inclusive). It is obvious for all to see. The countries where we borrowed the idea of polytechnics have abandoned the system they all have only universities. I will advise JAMBITES to struggle for university admission, those with OND please go and get your degree and those with HND should get their degree too through direct entry or PGD. This is because we cant help to swiftly and totally erase the discrimination. Mind you the international community also undermine HND. It is an odd old idea to them

1 Like

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by yusuftosho: 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lordwize: BRO, by chance you see my post, I will like you to help me with the name of the UNI that gave you 300L. I want to do same. This is my e-mail wisdomaboki@yahoo.com my no. 08033579912. Thanks and God bless you.
@Lordwize I will urgently need ur advice on my academics aspect. pls email or call any of this contact: tosho_yusuf@yahoo.com 08026330173. Thanks
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by Lordwize(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2013
yusuf_tosho:
@Lordwize I will urgently need ur advice on my academics aspect. pls email or call any of this contact: tosho_yusuf@yahoo.com 08026330173. Thanks
I called, you did not pick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University / Nigerian Man Shares His Shocking Transformation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.