Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians (8547 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Emusan(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Wernher Von Braun, the first director of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre, who's known "the father of the American space programme," stated in a published article in May, 1974: ' one cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be a design and purpose behind it all... The better we understand the intricacies of the universe...the more reason we have found to marvel at the inherent design upon which is based... To be forced to believe only one conclusion--that everything in the universe happened by chance--would violate the very objectivity of science itself...... What random process could produce the brain of a man or the system of the human eyes?

They(evolutionists) challenge science to prove the existence of God. But must we really light a candle to see the sun?.. They say they can't visualise a designer. Well, can a physicist visualise an electron? What strange rationale makes some physicist accept the incoceivable electron as real, while refusing to accept the reality of a designer on the ground that they cannot conceive Him? If there's a book, then there must be a publisher; if there's a building, then there must be an architect and a builder; if there's a work of art, then there must be an artist. "lift your eyes and look to the heavens: who created all these?

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Zet72(m): 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
tongue A fool says in his heart that there is no God......But does it change the fact that God existed, No...

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
Emusan: Wernher Von Braun, the first director of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre, who's known "the father of the American space programme," stated in a published article in May, 1974: ' one cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be a design and purpose behind it all... The better we understand the intricacies of the universe...the more reason we have found to marvel at the inherent design upon which is based... To be forced to believe only one conclusion--that everything in the universe happened by chance--would violate the very objectivity of science itself...... What random process could produce the brain of a man or the system of the human eyes?

They(evolutionists) challenge science to prove the existence of God. But must we really light a candle to see the sun?.. They say they can't visualise a designer. Well, can a physicist visualise an electron? What strange rationale makes some physicist accept the incoceivable electron as real, while refusing to accept the reality of a designer on the ground that they cannot conceive Him? If there's a book, then there must be a publisher; if there's a building, then there must be an architect and a builder; if there's a work of art, then there must be an artist. "lift your eyes and look to the heavens: who created all these?

hey, I know about von braun so dont feel important. he is not a biologist and he knew nothing about biology or evolution

he was just another christian scientist. he was not important to science.

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Reyginus: ooman, lecture me on non-theism.

for all who've asked about nontheism: its essentially not caring whether a god exist or not. for more information, just google it.

quintessentially, its more related to atheism. so being a nontheist, I am also an atheist.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman:

hey, I know about von braun so dont feel important. he is not a biologist and he knew nothing about biology or evolution

address his points, not his person. If I may ask, are you a biologist? Are you important to science?

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by tchaik(m): 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy: THE DEVILS' BEST AND MOST POTENT TRICK EVER, IS CONFUSING and CONVINCING HUMANITY "HE DOESN'T EXIST!"

Nice one! Pls I have a question for you; WHO IS THIS DEVIL? I was meant to understand that 'He' was an ex-arch angel(WTF is that btw), created by the All knowing god,(I guess God did not forsee that Lucifer will be a turncoat grin grin), and has been fighting God since when? Like Eons of ages? (aparently no one is winning the battle yet).

I ask again, abeg who be devil? And when will his beef with God end? Whew!!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Emusan(m): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman:

I don't need to argue with you. I just have a single prayer for you, the miracle that will make you believe that God do exist will happen in your life. IJN
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1150005/library-best-40-atheist-arguments#13662115

Logicboy03: [size=18pt]4. The Paradox of omniscience[/size]

We agree that a "married bachelor" can not exist because it is contradictory and self-refuting. An omniscient God is self-refuting and contradictory.

-Omniscience means knowing all things

If God knows everything, then he can not forget because the moment he forgets, he doesn't know everything. However, if God cant forget, he then doesnt know how to remember or recollect. If he can't recollect. then there is something he doesn't know- he doesnt know how it feels to recollect or remember something.

[img]http://t.qkme.me/42ef.jpg[/img]

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
Emusan:

I don't need to argue with you. I just have a single prayer for you, the miracle that will make you believe that God do exist will happen in your life. IJN

von braun was a total jerk with no knowledge about what he condemned. he got the position of nasa by politics. many scientists always try to avoid him but here u are quoting him, that only tells me you know nothing about the man.

concerning praying for me, dont waste your time, I HATE YOUR GOD EVEN IF HE EXIST AND AM NOT AFRAID OF HELL. IF HE LOCKS ME IN HELL, I WILL ESCAPE BECAUSE I AM WISER THAN GOD.

SCIENCE IS A TRIUMPH OF MAN OVER GOD

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
brokoto: address his points, not his person. If I may ask, are you a biologist? Are you important to science?

von braun was just a man with a position gotten by politics, scientists ignored him because the points he raised where too lowly to be debated.

I cant even believe am saying something about him.

concerning his points, YES I CAN CATCH A GLIMPSE OF WHAT THE SUN IS BY LIGHTING A CANDLE BECAUSE THEY BOTH PRODUCE LIGHT LUMINOUSLY.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman:

von braun was just a man with a position gotten by politics, scientists ignored him because the points he raised where too lowly to be debated.

I cant even believe am saying something about him.

concerning his points, YES I CAN CATCH A GLIMPSE OF WHAT THE SUN IS BY LIGHTING A CANDLE BECAUSE THEY BOTH PRODUCE LIGHT LUMINOUSLY.
let's leave who the man is first.
You do realise that the answer you gave was not what the question was about right? Its not about whether they both produce light. Its the fact that the sun is already self luminous that you don't need additional light to see it.
Can you disprove the points he made as quoted by that post up there?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
AFTER READING YOUR POSTS, ALL I COULD INFER IS HATRED AND RELIGISM(google it)
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by godman01(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
Whether you want it so or not, God Exist!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
brokoto: let's leave who the man is first.
You do realise that the answer you gave was not what the question was about right? Its not about whether they both produce light. Its the fact that the sun is already self luminous that you don't need additional light to see it.
Can you disprove the points he made as quoted by that post up there?

why are u making a case out of nothing. I told you already that his points are useless.

read this: everyday there is a SPONTANEOUS production of new matter(helium) in stars (aka sun), there is also release of energy by explosions like the kind that produced the universe which produce light and heat. These reactions are uncontrolled and they occur everyday. in the sun, we see big b.ang occur daily and there is no god involved. this proves that god was never involved in the universe from the beginning.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
godman01: Whether you want it so or not, God Exist!

seriously, do you. guys feel comfortable saying this?

what if I told you this: WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

a statement cannot prove itself, it needs to be backed up.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ckkris: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ile-Ife:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity.

Christianity can overcome every hostility that rises up against it. Pleaset don't censor hostile comments as they provide opportunity for Jesus to explain things clearly to His opponents.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Double post.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Adaeze003(f): 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
FXKing2012: Why should I even remotely care what atheists think about God and why would I want to understand atheists?
I wander o... They say they r 'free thinkers' but they abuse the clause 'to think'
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman:

why are u making a case out of nothing. I told you already that his points are useless.

read this: everyday there is a SPONTANEOUS production of new matter(helium) in stars (aka sun), there is also release of energy by explosions like the kind that produced the universe which produce light and heat. These reactions are uncontrolled and they occur everyday. in the sun, we see big b.ang occur daily and there is no god involved. this proves that god was never involved in the universe from the beginning.
no it does not prove that god is not or was never involved. It does not even explain why out of the billions of planets, its the earth that has just the right conditions to sustain life. It only shows that there are some things we are only just getting to know about our universe. Do you know what the old scientists thought matter was made of? Or the old definition of an atom?
The problem with scientists, both atheists and theists alike is the fact that its difficult to get objectivity in matters relating to god. Atheists already believe there's no god so all new facts are seen with atheists coloured lenses. Likewise theist scientists.
Don't you think that the spontaneous reactions can be explained any other way? What if God set everything in motion from the beginning and these so called spontaneous reactions were only manifestations of what has been set in motion eons ago?
So, like I said THAT is NOT a proof for the absence of God.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
Atheism is freedom in many ways. smiley
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
sauer: Atheism is freedom in many ways. smiley

smiley
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by alphascorpio(m): 5:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
J12: Lol. I'm yet to meet an atheist who is totally against abortion and homosexualism.
I'm an atheist and I'm totally against homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
alpha_scorpio:
I'm an atheist and I'm totally against homosexuality.

shocked

But with what justification
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
I AM 100% POLYTHEIST!
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by wirinet(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
I do not support homosexualism either but i do not believe in persecuting them. I see it as a physiological, psychological or social anomaly that should be managed by families of those involved.

What i do not like about homosexuals (and some heterosexuals also) is the flaunting of their sexuality in public. I do not care or want to know who you sleep with. It is non of my business.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Words of Andre 3k......"Y should a god let Lucifer loose on us??"......sounds ridiculous huh??......fuqqin xtians.....God doesn't exist!!!!.......
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Emusan(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
ooman:

They (scientist) say the surface temperature of the sun is almost 4000 degree centigrade while its inner temperature is over 1million degree centigrade. Tell me what else on earth can withstand that hug amount of temperature. Yet they said some elements are present inside the sun. Then answer the, why did you believe in electron you have never seen?
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by wirinet(m): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Emusan:

They (scientist) say the surface temperature of the sun is almost 4000 degree centigrade while its inner temperature is over 1million degree centigrade. Tell me what else on earth can withstand that hug amount of temperature. Yet they said some elements are present inside the sun. Then answer the, why did you believe in electron you have never seen?

what are you saying here, i can not make a single sense of what you wrote up there. Are you saying the figures quoted for the temperature of the sun are wrong? Do you even have an idea of how the sun produces light? Do you know that matter or elements can exist in 3 states, well actually 4?

Are you arguing against the existence of electrons in the 21st century? Well, you need to enroll for evening classes.
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
I am Atheist. I am happy I am no longer a religionist.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by DonaldGenes(m): 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
Without sounding uncluttered...I want to say something simple and I'm gonna lace in the form of simple direct question
1.Where do you think the Oxygen that you breathing likewise everybody comes from? From who?
2.Why do you satan is running around doing nothing but to decieve people.He Knows his time is short and reason God is letting him run around to and fro the earth is simple.his destruction is up.when God created us he gave us the free will to enjoy the good things he created and satan thought ohhh I want to be like God simply b'cos he was given the ample opportunity to worship God and that was his greatest doing.
3.Our God is everything you see around you including satan,all the angels are His,satan was stupid to think he wants to be like God,lemme ask you,can you be like your father,albeit,as he revolt and disobey God,God in His wiseness thought it wise to destroy him in His appointed time and that's why he is roaming the street,it doesn't take God one second to make him useless,Remember God is ever merciful,He gives us a chance to come back to Him and Worship Him and Him alone,
4.Apparently when you said it proudly you don't believe in God,then who then will you believe,Where do you eyes,the mouth,the legs and everything inherent in you,Do you think its just by chance,the food,the vegetables,the herbs in the field,the water you drink,you wake up everyday hearing people died and you still alive,Do you think you are better than those who died,have you come to think if people died where do they go? The truth is simple,God loves you and That's the reason You still alive not minding what you called Him,He is still your God,Surrender your life to christ,It is not hard,its like ABC in nursery school,God doesn't need anything from you,Its just your heart He needs,that's all,
Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by MacDaddy01: 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes: Without sounding uncluttered...I want to say something simple and its laces in the form of simple direct question
1.Where do you think the Oxygen that you breathing likewise everybody comes from? From who?
2.Why do you satan is running around doing nothing but to decieve people.He Knows his time is short and reason God is letting him run around to and fro the earth is simple.his destruction is up.
3.Our God is everything you see around you including satan,all the angels are His,satan was stupid to think he wants to be like God,lemme ask you,can you be like your father,albeit,as he revolt and disoby God,God in His wiseness thought it wise to destroy him in His appointed time and that's why he is roamning the street,it doesn't take God one second to make him useless,Remember God is ever merciful,He gives us a chance to come back to Him and Worship Him and Him alone,
4.Apparently when you said it proudly you don't believe in God,then who then will you believe,Where do you eyes,the mouth,the legs and everything inherent in you,Do you think its just by chance,the food,the vegetables,the herbs in the field,the water you drink,you wake up everyday hearing people died and you still alive,Do you think you are better than those who died,have you come to think if people died where do they go? The truth is simple,God loves you and That's the reason You still alive not minding what you called Him,He is still your God,Surrender your life to christ,It is not hard,its like ABC in nursery school,God doesn't need anything from you,Its just your heart He needs,that's all,

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians by ooman(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
brokoto: no it does not prove that god is not or was never involved. It does not even explain why out of the billions of planets, its the earth that has just the right conditions to sustain life. It only shows that there are some things we are only just getting to know about our universe. Do you know what the old scientists thought matter was made of? Or the old definition of an atom?
The problem with scientists, both atheists and theists alike is the fact that its difficult to get objectivity in matters relating to god. Atheists already believe there's no god so all new facts are seen with atheists coloured lenses. Likewise theist scientists.
Don't you think that the spontaneous reactions can be explained any other way? What if God set everything in motion from the beginning and these so called spontaneous reactions were only manifestations of what has been set in motion eons ago?
So, like I said THAT is NOT a proof for the absence of God.

well, the earth is not the only planet in the universe that can support life. have you heard of goldielock-google it, its a planet which POSSIBLY contains life, Though it HASNT been confirmed because we can do space travel yet. The earth does not contain PERFECT condition for life, the earth can only sustain life, it is not perfect for it. you can confirm this with the knowledge that earthquake, tsunami, cyclones, cosmic rays kill us. If a god made the earth, then it should be perfect for life, because genesis says"god looked at all he has made and they were good", except if earthquake looks good to him, if not, then there should be no natural disaster except if it is part of god's plan, since everything is part of gods plan now,that is the current excuse for god's insouciance.

in science,it doesnt matter what people think, what matters is what the evidence supports. the current conviction in science is what evidence proves so forget the old scientists but in doing that, dont forget they got many things right like gravity, boyles law etc

if you think that god set things in motion and then left, then yo
u are a deist not a christian.

I also want you to think about something:IF NATURE CAN SELF COORDINATE, WHY CANT IT SELF ORIGINATE FROM ENERGY WHICH CANNOT BE CREATED OR DESTROYED?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happens When You're Dead? / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Demonic And Occult Symbols To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.